Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2002, 04:30 PM   #141
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Arat-Falathion
OOC: Welcome to you Eärniel. You didn't mess anything up there with your first post I think The hard part continuing Thrain of the Shire's posts is the "characteristics" he gave each one of the hobbits. I think you followed them nicely
Yeay! You have no idea how glad I am to hear that. Thanks!

and thank you too Laurelyn, for the welcome! (aahhhh I feel welcome )
Old 05-02-2002, 09:40 PM   #142
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

In two days the company led by Arathorn passed with haste over the fields of Rohan. A feeling of some kind of vague dread was upon all of them, and it seemed to grow as they neared the Gap of Rohan. They were now in the Westfold. Their plan was to pass through the Gap of Rohan, cross the fords of Isen, and rounding around come down from the north unto Isengard, hopefully meeting with Gandalf and his host. As they sat Arathorn became even more unrestful. He put his ear to the dirt the men began to stare at him. His eyes widened and he got up swiftly and bade his men saddle their horses. "Now is indeed the time of haste. I was foolish leading us thus in the open." The men were bewildered but did as they were told nonetheless for they feared the urgentness in his voice. "Berethon, what has happened?" As Arathron lept into the saddle he said "There is no time to speak! Haste now fools, haste!" As they began to ride away, even the men began to hear what was wrong. Behind them, however faint, they heard harsh laughter and snarls. Telefam began to scream "Wolfriders! Wolfriders!" As Arathorn looked back the riders became clear. There were many hideous orcs upon the back of even more hideous monsters in wolf form, and the men were at least thrice outnumbered. Arathorn quickly grabbed his bow (which he had taken from one of the fallen orcs) and fit an arrow. As he let the arrow go it whizzed through the air and hit the leading wolf in the eye, and he crumbled to the ground and was ridden over by two more. All the men began to take up the same thing but none were as skilled as Telefam. Soon the monsters were reduced to 10. Then, one great wolf, which seemed to be the chieftan, broke away from the others and quickly caught up with the men. No matter how many arrows punctured that foul hide, he would not fall. the wolf was now upon them, and the orc upon his back slashed at the belly of the horses, slaying two and along with the men who would be dropped for wolf fodder. The wolf then set his eyes upon Arathorn and ran soon up beside his horse, but Arathorn and the men were quicker. Before the orc could even lift up his crooked blade once again he was slew by Telefam with an arrow. The wolf began to snap with foul smelling jaws at Arathorn, but not to kill, but to drag him off his steed and take him alive. But out swept Andúril, and the cold light of that sword the wolf feared. With tremendous speed the wolf turned around and the others of his foul brethren were not be seen, and at this Arathorn was puzzled, but the others were too in fear to care and they rode on for another hour without speaking, but telefam cried the whole time. After the hour they stopped to rest, for they were exhausted and the fear was driven out their minds with hunger and thirst, but neither of these Telefam would take. "Telefam, my friend, what troubles you? I bid you take atleast drink now." "One of the two that fell back there was my brother. He wasn't suppose to be of our group of errand riders, yet he came anyways out of love for me. I brought him to his death. I killed him." Arathorn then replied "Nay, friend, you did not kill him. For he came of his own will. Do not mourn, for he dwells now with his fathers and shall ever have peace from now on." "But i shall not. His body is in the foul belly of those wolves." At that another tear rolled down the fair cheeck of Telefam. "He died defending us. Defending you. If you do not find this a mighty thing, then you are not a Man of Gondor." telefam looked intot he eyes of arathorn and said "Berethon, you comfort me. But I shall love to avenge my brother upon those filthy things." And with a grim smile arathorn replied "You soon may, friend." The friends then began to take food and drink as they could.
Old 05-02-2002, 09:41 PM   #143
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

____if all that seems rather...err quick...plz forgive me..i didnt wanna spend 10 posts in rohan _______
Old 05-03-2002, 06:28 AM   #144
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
No, Tar-elendil, it seems all right to me. Also seems that Arathorn is kind, and has a heart.

AARRRGGHHH! Stupid computer! I had half a post written, and it promptly popped up a "ERROR!" message, and then Word froze. Very crummy. Oh well, I'll re-write it, but now i can't post it today.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 07:03 AM   #145
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Time pauses never for anyone
Never to stop and pick up something you’ve forgotten
Never to undo something that’s been done.

Oleander and Hérendé sat near the last few glowing embers of a fire. They had built the fire with no intention other than to boil water, fueling it with extra boards off the now-unneeded cart, but hadn’t truly had the heart to douse it once the flames had served their purpose.
She had tended his leg as best she knew how, and he seemed much happier without an arrow sticking out of his leg.
“It still hurts,” he said, “but now it will heal.”
Once the pain had faded some, he smiled more, Oleander noticed. “Well, I hope so, at least,” she replied. I still don’t really know who he is, Oleander thought. He’s said almost nothing of where he comes from, how he came to be here. Something troubles him, but I have no way to find out what . . . . Oleander opened her mouth to say something, and then decided not to bombard him with questions.
Hérendé apparently noticed her attempt to say something, though, because he turned to her. “What is it, my lady?”
Oleander almost laughed at being called ‘My lady’ by anyone, especially out here with no one else around, but decided that if Hérendé wanted to hear her question, she might as well ask it. “Well . . . I was just wondering where you are from, and how . . . how you came to be out here, up near by the Gladden fields.” She paused. “And, please, don’t call me ‘lady’ – just Oleander will do,” she added as an afterthought.
Hérendé looked at her quietly for a moment, then very slowly, almost imperceptibly, he nodded. “Oleander, then; you have a point, formalities are quite useless out here. I shall call you Oleander, but only if you call me Hérendé.” A hint of a smile touched his face, a tiny ray of sunlight.
Oleander nodded, smiling at them, discussing formal titles by a dying fire, where no one could hear them anyway. “Hérendé,” she said, “I guess I’m too curious for my own good . . . .”
He cut her off midsentence. “No,” he said. “You have every right to ask, and so then if you ask of course you might want to hear of my past.
“I am originally from Rivendell, from a long time ago . . . long enough I can remember the end of the War of the Ring. I sailed West with my father, but returned when I was told, many years ago, that I had a job to do here. The Elves cannot simply disappear, I suppose.
“I lived in Rivendell once more with other Elves who remained in Middle-Earth; for whatever our reasons, it was what we had in common. And I was glad to live here, almost, because so many people come to the Elves for advice. They want wisdom; and while we cannot tell them everything they wish to know, we can share some of the things we’ve learned in our many years.
“It was not too long ago that I was sent with a band of archers forth from Rivendell. We had come a ways, and then we met a large group of Orcs in Mirkwood. They were burning – ai! I felt the heat of their flames, and my comrades did, too, but we were determined to stop them. Whatever business they were up to, torching the forest, I do not know, but we tried our best to stop them.
“We took down several Orcs, but there were so many more of them, and we were slowly pushed back. They kept burning trees – and as we were forced to retreat, I felt a Darkness. I tried to run; I was scared to where it didn’t make any sense at all anymore, I forgot what I was doing. There was a shadow . . .” Hérendé’s voice trailed off and he was silent.

___OOC____
Hey, I did get to post this this morning . . . yipee. I'm on a roll here! Whee!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 04:53 PM   #146
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

so far the story goes..? elrond is in rivendell, along with texol the wizard, falthion and the other dudes name cant remember, who are elves, Túrin the dwarf (doesnt really sound like a dwarf name but ok ) holding council about going to the ruins of angband and looking for clues about the sword? oleander is who? gandalf on western side of the wizards vale?
yes i am very lazy but y'know
Old 05-03-2002, 05:50 PM   #147
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

as Arathorn and his men took the food and drink they could, Arathorn pondered once again how he could not have beheld an army big enough to besiege Minas Tirith. "Telefam, this i need to know now. What has happened to Minas Tirith, and why were you and your company sent forth?" Telefam looked up at Arathorn without moving his head and spoke in a whisper as fearing unfriendly ears would hear him and find him.. "We were sent to edoras to speak before the king about bands of orcs wandering about his borders. this has not happened since the war, many years ago, yet it foreboded a great evil. When we had arrived there he said he would intensify the patrols in and about Rohan. we were soon on our way, and we passed up the very spot where we first beheld you. continuing down the road for many miles we beheld Minas Tirith, but no longer fair and white it stood, but it seemed as stained blood red. All our hearts dropped at the sight and were dumbfounded. About it we could see small shapes, but very large indeed they must have been, blazing about the city. Mighty roars we heard, even we feared them from afar. None of us dared go down to that battlefield, yet someone came to us, a man, and i recognized him as one of gondor. he was scorched and bleeding and how he could stay on his steed, we know not. But seeing us he stopped and fell from his horse. Going up to him he told us, with his last breaths, of great evils about the field surrounding the walls, and finally the doom of the city was nigh. his finaly sentence was of his telling that the King Eldarion had ridden out to the last defense, and their fell. Of what kind of beasts were upon that field, we know not, but a fear is still upon us." Both of their faces were grave and neither spoke for manyy minutes. finally arathorn said "Yea, this explains much, but not all. I will not press you for more news,indeed i think you have told me all that you know. For this we shall make with more haste to Mithrandir, even if that fair city be ruined, its people are fully not. Yea, we must go now."
With that they departed within a half hour and as the moon rose far above they had come to the fords of Isen. Arathorn feared no chance of waylay, for he was determined if they were spotted, no orc or monster that assailed him would live. And a great wrath was growing within him as the long speechless hours passed
Old 05-09-2002, 05:10 PM   #148
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

OOC: Why? Why I ask you! Why is it every time I join an RPG, it rolls over and dies? Am I that horrible? Fine then, I'll take matters in my own hands. I hope no one minds it. Screech if you don't agree please, I'll edit if necessary.

A soft knock on the door startled the hobbits. The elven maiden they had seen earlier told them that dinner was ready. And that if they wished they could join the others in the great hall.

"Has it been so long then?" asked Rosalina "It seemed only so short ago that we arrived here." "I don't know about you guys, but I'm not complaining. I was getting hungry."said Magnanamous robbing his stomach in a tell-tale fashion. Smiling, the hobbits followed their guide to the dininghall. Most of the people they had met earlier had allready taking place. The hobbits looked around in amazement. They were shown to their seats, by chance they were placed between Texol and Theneal. To their amazement and delight, some one had gone through all the trouble to find proper hobbitchairs. Magnanamous started eating as only hobbits can, much to the amusement of the others around him. Numenor however was pondering how he should ask the wizard to let them join. Texol felt Numenor's unease and decided to help the hobbit. "I sense that you feel uneasy. Do not be troubled, you can speak freely. "Well, master wizard.... we have heard you announce your journey earlier in the counsil. And we talked about it..." Numenor glanced at the other hobbits. Rosalina who was seated next to him gave him a little friendly nudge as encouragement. Numenor turned back to the wizard. "And we decided, well we wondered if you would let us come along." "We won't get in the way, but we really want to help...."he added quickly. He looked hopeful at Texol.
Old 05-09-2002, 08:25 PM   #149
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

becuz arat-falathion hasnt been posting, and to continue the rpg his post is needed..
Old 05-10-2002, 06:25 AM   #150
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

OOC: as always I like it that way kind of
Sorry about that..

BIC:
As the sun was about to fade away in the horizon, Gandalf woke the party and they all started the walk again. The landscape was still the same, sharp rocks and slippery stones.
Whispering to the man next to him, Gandalf said: "We should have reached the south side of Isengard now, if I am not utterly wrong, we can very soon find grass under our feet ag..." Gandalf stoped talking and was standing still, listening. "Someone's coming!" The party slipped into the shadows of the night and from the east they could hear the walkings of a whole army, though it did not sound like orcs. Still they were hiding in the shadows as quiet as possible. They knew whatever this army consisted of, the odds for it being friendly was not good...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arat-Cúrion, Falathion, Undulë and Theneal got a room together and they fell fast asleep. This was Rivendell, and they felt safe here. Later they heard a soft knock on their door and an elven maden came in telling them it was dinner in the great hall.

They came quickly to their feet and walked down to the great hall, they were starving. As they entered the hall, most of the fellowship was already there, and the tables were dished up with food and drinks. Cúrion searched the tables for Texol, though he wasn't there. Theneal saw this and said swiftly "I will guess that Texol is planning the journey, Arat-Cúrion. Now let us eat."

And so they did...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 05-13-2002 at 04:41 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 07:43 AM   #151
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

OOC: 2 days since my last post and no reply well, for ones it is not my fault !

Let yer inspiration flow people!

- Falathion
Old 05-12-2002, 11:23 AM   #152
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc: havent been at compuiter a few days..ill post this evening
Old 05-12-2002, 04:47 PM   #153
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

how far from isengard is gandalf's host (in milles)? and theyre on the skirts of the mountains right?
Old 05-13-2002, 06:53 AM   #154
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

OOC: I don't know the exact miles, and since they are not witten, you could easily make them up... and he is in the skirts of the mountains on the south side of Isengard...

- Falathion
Old 05-13-2002, 04:23 PM   #155
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Mer-Aislynn Had returned to inform her mother of the fellowship she had joined. "You don't know what its like out there!You could be kill." "Mother, When Texol asked for volenters to join him on his quest, I felt I should go. Drelin and Beoren are going as well." They heard a soft knock on their door and an elven maiden came in, "Dinner is ready my lady." "Thank you, Orchid" The maiden bowed and left the room. Mer-Aislynn turned to her mother, "Mother, are you coming? Let this evening be a good one, as there will hard times ahead for all of us." Her mother tried to smile. Hand and hand they walk to the dinning hall. As they entered the hall, most of the fellowship was already there, and the tables were dished up with food and drinks. Mer-Aislynn and her mother took up seats between Drelin and Beoren. Lord Elrond held up his hands for silence, "Tomorrow begins your greatest adventure. Becareful my friends. Great evil lurks in the dark places of Angband, make sure you don't fall into that darkness." As he said this last part, he glanced at Beoren, who stirred uneasyly in his seat.

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:34 PM   #156
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc: was wonderin becuz some of my books show the distances in miles..so gandalf on western side of mountains marching north? aye ok
Old 05-16-2002, 05:08 PM   #157
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Treebeard In Fangorn Forest.....

Treebeard stood on his great hill in the evening light,"HORUM, Mirkwood appears to on fire. And a great darkness comes from Isengard. This not good. What new evil is this? Must find out more on this." And with that Treebeard left his hill and his treesand headed to Isengard.

Old 05-23-2002, 01:53 PM   #158
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Arwen Undomiel Dawn Rivendell.......

Many elves stood mingling in the courtyard. Some where leading ponys laden with supplies.Others were helping to put final touches on the weapons that would would be taken. Drelin and Beoren were gathering their weapons up.The hobbits stood talking off to the side. Turin, the dwarf, sat on a bench sharpening his axe shooting odd looks at the others.
Just then Mer-Aislynn came into the court yard with her mother. In her hand was a sliver bow. Drelin walked over to her. "Where did you get that from cousin?" Drelin asked. "It was a gift from Lord Elrond," she said. "May I see it?" asked Beoren. Mer-Aislynn handed the bow to him. "This is a very fine gift. Gaurd it well."

As Mer-Aislynn took the bow and slung it over her shoulder, Texol walked out raising his hands for silince..........

OOC:someone please post!?!!!!!

Old 05-23-2002, 03:07 PM   #159
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

At the start of a journey...

Everyone settled down silently and looked up at the great Istar. "Now I hope you all have eaten well. I have been up all night planning our journey carefully, and my guesses is that the path I've chosen will be free from hostiles, at least untill we have reached the ruins of Angband. You all already know how dangerous this journey will be, although I do not think it is safe anywhere in Middle Earth at this point and the world around us is blackening for every breath we take. Let us therefor travel with haste!"
"And may the Valar be with you, Texol. May Illuvatar protect you all on your way into the shadows." Elrond came up behind Texol as he spoke these last words. "I have gifts for some of you, gifts that were ment to be given to you. Arat-Falathion, may you come up here?"
OOC: Gees the time runs away from me... I am going to the movies watching Star Wars: Episode 2... no more time for writing.. I'll continue my post tomorrow!! Namárië!

- Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 05-23-2002 at 03:09 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 08:18 PM   #160
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

The company was riding with great speed to the south along the mountains until arathorn suddenly halted them. He stood up in the stirrups and looked around. silent minutes passed and finally telefam said "what do you hear Berethon? Are the wolf riders upon us again?" he looked at telefam and said "I am not sure." and glancing at the rest of the men he said "stay here. telefam and I will go ahead. if we do not return ere the sun comes, you know we have met our doom." With that Telefam and Arathorn rode on for a couple miles and then dismounted. They could both now hear the marching of some grand host. "I see something, berethon! Over there!" He pointed to a spot half a mile away and there arathorn could see many men standing as still as stone. And the man at the head of the group was clothed all in white and dimly shone in the night. "Mithrandir," arathorn muttered. But Mithrandir's host and both arathorn and telefam stood still as the sound of marching went on.