Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #141
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Eruanna reined in as she saw the trees of Lothloren. She patted the neck of her silvergrey mare.
"Just a little farther, Slivermist." the horse neighed and launched into a gallop.

Once she passed under the eaves of the Golden Wood, Eruanna could sense unease. Something had happened here recently. Very recently. After leaving Silvermist in the care of the stablehands, she was met by Haldir.
"The Lady of Light is expecting you," he said then smiled. "You are the last Elf I expected at this late hour,"
"I'm glad I have been able to keep you surprised," she said with a smile. Haldir motioned for her to follow him.
"What name are you using these days?" the she elf laughed.
"You know by what name I go by among my people and the Northern Dunedain, Haldir"
"I'm glad you decide to go by your given name here, Acalewia. It might be confusing to some if you go by Eruanna here"
"What has happened her," she asked, changing the subject. "I can sense unrest here,"
"Two guards started a riot over a mysterious Elf. They claimed he had brought evil to Lothloren," Haldir chuckled. "I believe they did not like the fellow for some reason. The Lady Galadriel and Lord Celborn had offered him refuge here,"
"They are fools. Evil cannot enter Caras-Galadhon, let alone abide within it"

Haldir left Acalewia with Galadriel and Celeborn. She touched her forehead with respect when the decended the stairs together.
"It has been some time, Acalewia Eruanna Dunedain, since you have set foot within the Golden Wood,"
"Of which I regret, Milady. I am in need of your council,"
"Which you shall receive. I have forseen you will paly a great part in the War that has started. Come," she motioned for Acalewia to follow her.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #142
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion looked up during his assent and saw Raenambar wiping his hands on his pants but not look too thrilled when this action was complete, as if it hadn't helped. He set his pack and satff against the tree on the mat and asked
"Are you alright? Did you get something on your hands?" drawing on his experience with dooing this with trees many times he interjected helpfuly, "if it's sap, wiping it on your clothes will only make it worse, at it's difficult to wash out."
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 AM   #143
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"I don't know," Raenambar said. "my hands just feel so... filthy. It's not sap, they feel... wet. Like they're drenched in something."
Raenambar held out both his hands for Revion to see, but strangely enough, they both seemed to be clean as usual.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:33 PM   #144
Acalewia

Acalewia followed the Lady of the Galadrim, asking no questions. The place she led the half elf to she immidently recognized. The Mirror of Galadriel. She had invited her only once before to view the Mirror. But what would she see this time?

"Look into the Mirror, Acalewia. The council you seek will be within," Acalewia stepped up to the Mirror. At first all she saw was the reflection of the sky then the image changed. First she saw herself and Denothor seemingly in a heated arguement. That image blurred to the wide green fields of Rohan. Blur. The Deeping Wall being breached. Then the sky again.

"I did not understand any of it, Lady Galadriel," Galadriel seemingly glided across to Acalewia.
"Rohan will need Acalewia, not Eruanna, in the time to come. Much more than Gondor," Acalewia let what she had said sink in.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:07 PM   #145
orithil
Captain Jack

With a foul hiss dirith retreated back to where the orcs were being hard pressed by the brave gondorian defenders.

(hi guys sorry for being gone so long and without warning there was just so much on with school etc)

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:59 PM   #146
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion furrowed his brow as he inspected the hands that Raenambar held up for him.
"Well, I don't see anything. Maybe it was just moistre or something that left a passing feeling. Such as dew or sweat or something?" He remarked hopefully.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:34 PM   #147
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Yeah," Raenambar chuckled half heartedly, but in his heart he found himself thinking the words, "I hope so, but I doubt it."
After the two of them had finally set up their temporary lodging amidst the forest canopy, Raenambar pulled around him a blanket he had thought to pack before leaving Lorien. He was glad for its warmth, and soon forgot all about that strangest of feelings in his hands. That is until suddenly sleep overcame him.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 PM   #148
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion smiled as Raenambar agreed with him. Although he was troubled by the doubt he still heard in his friend's voice. He hoped the feeling might be attributed to weariness from the tiresome day. As they settled in for the night he thought that perhaps the feeling might pass after a good rest.
Revion pulled his cloak around him and gave the ground below them one last glace over before drifting off into sleep with his companion, waking up to the soft sunlight of the dawn.

Last edited by Pip : 05-03-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:27 AM   #149
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

For Raenambar the sun's rays did bring warmth, but it was not the cold that bothered him, nor what had troubled his dreams. No, it was that unshakeable feeling that had started last night in his hands. It had returned in his dreams as a sea of dark liquid that Raenambar could not escape. His dreams had ended in horror, leaving him to believe he had drowned just as he had awoken.
His eyes opened wide as he was violently cast back into conciousness, and they showed no sign of rest in them. His only relieve was that for the moment the feeling had left him, and that at least he no longer felt its filth around him.
For the longest time he didn't move, for his attention was on the light of the sunrise which seemed to comfort him from the darkness of his dreams.
Finally, several minutes after he awoke he whispered to himself. "Will it be like this forever?"
Old 05-05-2007, 02:44 AM   #150
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion's ears perked up at the question he overheard his firned whisper. He had woken not too long ago but it was this remark that brought him into full awareness. He turned to look at the elder elf. He didn't look as if he had had any sleep the night before.
"Raenambar?" he asked softly, trying to intiate some sort of conversation, as he didn't know how to answer his friend's question.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:52 AM   #151
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Oh," Raenambar quietly replied, "I am sorry my friend. I didn't mean to wake you. Did you sleep well?"
Old 05-05-2007, 03:00 AM   #152
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion frowned slightly but nodded just the same.
"Yes, yes, I did. Did you? You don't look so well"
Old 05-05-2007, 03:11 AM   #153
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"It was my dream, or nightmare I should say." Raenambar said, confirming his friend's fears, "You know the feeling I had in my hands last night? Well, I dreamed I drowned in it, or that which caused it. I couldn't escape it... and, now, I can't help but wonder if this is to be the way of things from now on. Is there going to be an end to this?"

Last edited by Tuinor : 05-05-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:36 PM   #154
Acalewia

Acalewia sat under one of the Mallorn trees thinking about the images from the Mirror. From where she sat, she could see the trees of Mirkwood. She heard movement behind her and she smiled.
"Why to you insist on trying to sneak up on me, Haldir?" The golden haired Elf sat next to her.
"I wasn't trying to sneak up on you," Acalewia chuckled. Then she leaned her head back and sighed. "Everything is falling apart," Haldir raised a brow.
"How?"
"A Nazgul attacked Osgiliath, nearly killing the Stewards eldest son," she looked at her friend. "It is not the first time I have seen this Nazgul,"
"What do you mean?"
"He was in Rohan a few weeks back. He tried to attack a peasant girl then, when I interfered, turned on me"
"Acalewia, Nazguls are not to be toyed with,"
"I wasn't toying with him," she rose. "I leave at dawn to return to Gondor. Perhaps I can make sense from the Lady's council before I reach Osgiliath"

Old 05-05-2007, 08:23 PM   #155
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion shook his head, the hopelessness in his eyes as he could not avoid answer that question.
"I don't know," he said quietly, wishing he had a more positive answer. "I barely know what it is, and from what' you've told me you don't know that much about it either. Perhaps the feeling will fade with time?" He asked hopefully.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #156
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"We can only hope," Raenambar said as he turned and began to climb down from their portable flet, "and keep moving. The road is far to Rivendell, I have heard, and I would like to reach that place before any snow blocks the passage through the mountains. Come, let us pack up. Today we must cover much ground."
He conitued to climb down the tree until he had situated himself below the flet amidst the tree's strong boughs and waited for Revion to join him in untying the flet.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:42 PM   #157
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion nodded in reply to Raenambar's comment before grabbing his pack and slinging it over a branch. He wondered about their path to Rivendell as they untied the flet. He knew of a way to get there without having to go through the mountains. Although, he didn't mention it as it took them greatly out of the way and wasn't worth mentioning unless they couldn't possibly get through the mountains.
After they had untied the flet, Revion took it down to the ground to roll it up before climbing back into the tree to retrive his gear. He slung it over his shoulder before looking at his friend.
"Well then, shall we be off?"
Old 05-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #158
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Lead the way," Raenambar said with a bow. Straightening up, he placed his hand on the pomel of his white blade. Even as he touched it, a voice said softly, "How could you believe that?" Raenambar winced, but he refused to let it show that he had heard the voice again. Instead, he silently pondered its meaning as he followed Revion through the woods of Lothlorien.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #159
Pip
Elven Warrior

The two walked in companianble silence for a while. But after a while, the silence, and his thoughts in lieu of the recent events of the night and morning began to create an uncomfortable feeling of tension to REvion. He decided to get a conversation going to break it.
"So," he asked quietly, "have you ever been to Rivendell before?"
Old 07-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #160
Acalewia

Oak's leaves didn't seem so ruffled now.
"Does small hobbit know Merry?"

Acalewia reined in Silvermist as she neared Osgiliath. Something didn't feel right. Whatever the feeling sorce was it was near. Silvermist bolted sensing the same as her mistress. Keeping her head low to allow the mare more speed, she heard the scream of a Nazgul.