Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #141
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Butterbeer, what is up with making all these characters have one eye? first you dubbed marty a cyclops, then bombadblah (can't remember the old fellow's name....) dude....?

Oh, i remember that one chap! I sent him off with big kicks to the behind....I think I can dig him up....Lotesse, who would be spying on us?

Marty, Valandil, Khamul, Aewindis and the Chancellor and Udu are at the reception; Lily isnt fit to walk around, and Penny is by her side. Only people left are Earniel and Rian.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 10-06-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:47 PM   #142
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

just thought it might make a conversation piece between them... plus i wanted him to be distinctive and introduce his rather forgetful character ... he's very old by the way

who was bombadblah?

besides, city the size of tharbad, there's bound to be at least two people with only one eye!

maybe we could form a bandit outfit?
Old 10-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #143
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

We just might end up doing that...between marty, ray and bumbledore (is that his name?) and this other dude I am gonna introduce in a moment...we have enough scars for the making of the bandits of tharbad...
Old 10-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #144
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

hopefully I'll get them there later tonight ...
am immersed in kids' homework and dinner preps now....
you can start it without us, tho, as Earniel says it looks like we'd be late since she's coming from so far. also Rian has to change.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:03 AM   #145
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Oh, Shah, I LOVE YOUR LAST POST, so very much!! You really captured the mood of the moment, I was so sucked into it, with looking at the water over the river, how it appeared, and Ray's reminisces... This capture of the mystery spy! What to do with the spy... Oh boy, this was a good post, Shah. Give me a few minutes to respond 2 it. Are you still airbourne right now? Will get back 2 you in a sec. FREAKIN' KILLER story post lead-in...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-07-2005, 01:17 AM   #146
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yeah, though I am trying to get some sleep. We had killer lay over in california...blah, had to wait ages! Then we had some turbulence, so that also put extra time...it seems as though TPTB want to keep me from home as long as possible, even with modern technology.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:59 AM   #147
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

oh my goodness, you were right next to Lotesse and me!!

LAX is an awful airport, isn't it? (I guess they pretty much all are!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-07-2005, 02:09 AM   #148
Rían

Guys - I put a placeholder post that I'll have to fill in tomorrow, or at the latest Saturday, for rpg-Rian getting ready to go to the reception. I'd like to describe some jewels she's putting on, but I ran out of time and will also be super-busy tomorrow. I don't want to hold up the reception write-up, so I thought a placeholder would be a good idea. It will just describe her getting dressed, and the various things she's wearing, etc.

Earniel, go ahead and get us there, if you want to. I'll just make my post match wherever you start.

I'm looking forward to the reception. You guys are great writers!

Old 10-07-2005, 02:17 AM   #149
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

LAX is just right down Hwy. 1 and Sepulveda Blvd., not more than eight or so miles from where I'm at right now. If your flight was gonna be laid over in L.A. for any extended period of time, I could have picked you up and shown you around Hollywood, or the beaches or something, for the evening! I would LOVE to meet you someday, Shah - one never knows. Anyway, I have a beautiful, comfortable Mercedes and time to kill like CRAZY (how else do I moot like there's not gonna be a tomorrow, ALL the bleedin' time? Got t-t-t-t-too much time on my hands! )

Anyways - I like your placeholder idea, Rian! Never thought of THAT before; 'course beFORE we didn't have so many heavy, world-class story-posts coming in so frequently.

Old 10-07-2005, 04:31 AM   #150
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
Now we just have to get her to sleep during her day and post during her night, so she can be on while we are - after all, let's get our priorities straight, Eärniel!
*moans* Even more than I do already? You guys are the reason I still don't have a job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
Earniel, go ahead and get us there, if you want to. I'll just make my post match wherever you start.
I'm going to wait a little longer until Valandil has time to post his pre-reception post. Since he should arrive before us, as we're already a bit on the late side and rpg-R*an will need some time to get ready, it won't do to post our arrival before his.

Oh and R*an, could you adapt post 147? Now that I've returned to the game and since we both went on without taking that post in account, it looks a little forlorn.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:42 AM   #151
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Great posts, all of you! I really have no time to give you all the praise you deserve!

I liked your old Commerce Prof, BB! Especially his reference to the Arch-Chancellor as the kindest of men I picture them together and can't stop laughing.

And his appearance is also great (safe his bad eye- I feel it is too much. It is up to you, but having a pair of innocent sky-blue eyes would have been cuter, IMHO).
Don't forget to chat with Udu and Khamul, your new colleagues!

Does your Bumbledore like Aiwendis? They should be well acquainted by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
Gor, if memory serves you wanted something else putting in the street, yes?
Yes, BB please put there two maps

1. my THARBAD RPG MAP
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...s/Tharbad3.jpg

2. And a small-scale map of the area:
http://www.tuckborough.net/images/THARBAD.GIF

3 And I will re-edit the part about nazgul in my (now yours) big post in the street. I will send it to you, either by PM or post here. Just give me time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
btw Gor, did you know (or know of) Udu before he Mooted-up his armour and sword?
Yes to both

Lotesse, sorry if I misjudged Viv's powers. Her appearance is deceptive . I will change the text according with your wishes.

I believed that to be really GREAT in mind-reading, one must have some elvish blood. But perhaps I was wrong.

I must also point out that for a 5,3 feet tall slip of a girl it is next to impossible to match a 7 feet tall powerful and well-trained man. In Tolkien's word swordplay mostly meant swinging and hacking, piercing armor and crashing bones. If a girl parries, her arm will be broken. It is just being realistic.
Of course agility gives a lot of advantages, but still. Of course, nothing prevents Vivvi to be good at throwing knives and at archery...

Again I repeat that I will change the text exactly as you say, Lotesse, I only wanted to explain my reasoning behind my previous version. No offence?

Quote:
Viniglaen- Viv is THE BEST burglar in Middle earth. Very good at mind reading. Hot temper. Miscievious. Not a skilled witch, but when angered, can use very powerful spells. Can hold her own in a swordfight well, but excels in hand-to-hand combat and dagger-throwing. Loves art. Intelligent. Not very well educated, but tries to remedy that.
Will that do?

Ah, yes, almost forgot. TD! In your last post - #209, Khamul saw Udu talking with Gor-Aiwendis. It can't be, as the reception has not yet started, and both the Chancellor and Gor are inside, in the Reception Hall, while the guests (like you and Udu) are waiting in the Entrance Hall for the King to arrive.

Last edited by Gordis : 10-07-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:34 AM   #152
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Shah - I just wanted to be sure - is Marty all set to go to the reception with Val? I was hoping that BOTH he and Ray could be there if possible, but only one will do if necessary. I may have one of them (Marty for sure, if it's only him) have had just a LITTLE too much to drink before going - or maybe imbibing in something strong soon after arriving - could suit my purposes there.

(EDIT - originally mistakenly posted in game thread - if you saw it there first )

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 10-07-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:36 AM   #153
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

For the Info thread -please read and sign :)

Nazgul identity and special powers:

Tolkien wrote that 3 of the Nine were Numenoreans. In this RPG we have 3 female nazgul, though, most likely, Tolkien meant all the Nine to be males.

1. The Captain of the Nine is the Morgul-Lord or Lord Morgul. Our story is set 1250 years before Angmar period, so he can’t be called “Witch-King” yet. In Tharbad he is known as Lord Ilmenzor, Arch-Chancellor of the University. Former King of Numenor, Tar Ciryatan.
The Morgul Lord is the most powerful in ALL respects, which is canon.

2.Lord Khamul, the “Shadow of the East”, is a canon name for the Second to the Chief. In Tharbad he calls himself Galadannun, the “Light of the West”, Professor of Oriental Languages.
Easterling. Formerly ruled Rhun and Khand. Khamul has an extremely cunning and cruel mind. He is good at mind-reading, even though he is an Easterling. His canon abilities to sense the presence of the One indicate that he is good at sorcery. He is also a good fighter, but his lesser stature and slighter built are a disadvantage.

3.Vacant

4.Vacant

5.Lord Buzukkumarz or simply Five. In Tharbad he calls himself Pengolod, or Penny.
Easterling from Rhun. Nice guy, given to silly pranks. He is a good healer, knows herbs, animals and human anatomy. Knows sorcery, excels in potions and poisons. Not a good fighter. Likes drinking wine, eating cheese and making love to Lilly.

6.Lady Lilaenwen or Lilly. Calls herself by her real name. Half Easterling, half Numenorean. Very sexy. No sorceress. A skilled swordsman. Great to command orcs. Swears artistically, loves to screech. Hot temper. Not too bright. Badly educated, sometimes vulgar. And she seduces men without having to summon any supernatural powers!

7. Lord Udukhaturz. His real name is Aramaethor - “King-warrior”, but in Tharbad he is known as Maethor, Professor of Siege Tactics. Originally Numenorean royal. His abilities are in warfare, fighting and horsemanship because he studied those subjects extensively. The Ring heightened his knowledge to a good degree. He is good at mind-reading and mind-shielding. He can do some sorcery, but it is not his greatest ability. Well educated. Likes women and wine.

8. Lady Gordis. In Tharbad she is known as Lady Aiwendis, the only daughter of the Arch-Chancellor of the University. Aiwendis happens to be her real name.
Numenorean Lady of the royal line. A very skilled Witch, taught by the Morgul Lord himself. Good in mind-reading and mind-shielding. No good in fight, unless she uses sorcery. Even-tempered and quiet. Intelligent and well educated. Loves flowers and the Morgul Lord.

9. Lady Viniglaen or Viv. Calls herself by her real name. Numenorean from Andunie, but of uncertain origin. THE BEST burglar in Middle earth. Very good at mind reading. Hot temper. Miscievious. Not a skilled witch, but when angered, can use very powerful spells. Can hold her own in a swordfight well, but excels in hand-to-hand combat and dagger-throwing. Intelligent. Not very well educated, but tries to remedy that. Loves art and owls.

Last edited by Gordis : 10-07-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:38 AM   #154
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
. 8. Lady Gordis. In Tharbad she is known as Lady Aiwendis, the only daughter of the Arch-Chancellor of the University. Aiwendis happens to be her real name.
Numenorean Lady of the royal line. A very skilled Witch, taught by the Morgul Lord himself. Good in mind-reading and mind-shielding. No good in fight, unless she uses sorcery. Even-tempered and quiet. Intelligent and well educated. Loves flowers and the Morgul Lord.
Ahhh... she must be the one who planted all those lovely flowers in Morgul Vale!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-07-2005, 08:52 AM   #155
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Of course, Val! Don't you see I am holding one in my avatar?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #156
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Gor I'll do required editing. Yes to all above, that's fine.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-07-2005, 12:24 PM   #157
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Protocol

thanks TD!

Look, guys, gals and...maidens , what must the Chancellor do, if the King is late? Start the reception on time and greet other guests? Or wait, till the accursed spawn of Isildur, the Finger-slicer finally arrives?
Anybody knows the protocol?
Old 10-07-2005, 12:40 PM   #158
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Grazie molto, Gordis! Yes, the new adjustments in Viv's little summarization will do just fine!

Old 10-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #159
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Sure Val, Marty is ready and all dressed up to go to the reception. Sorry, but Lotesse and I were planning and planning on this little excursion...You can do whatever you want to Marty, so long as he doesn't get seriously messed up. Being a party boy that he sometimes is, I think he can control himself even if he does drink, use him as you may!

*KICKS LOTESSE IN BUTT* Move madam, you are a profound procrastinator! (YAYAYAYAY! I AM AT HOME!!!)

Rian, first, no third, thing I did after arriving, was go give Volricom a smooch for both of us. He was happy to no end.

Last edited by The last sane person : 10-07-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:50 PM   #160
Rían

Awwww, I want to meet him!

Alright, I need to do some post editing ... *scurries off to thread*

Closed Thread