Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-11-2002, 08:45 AM   #141
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
OOC:
Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
In this RPG I'm NOT Finrod, I'm another elf, named Fimbren, who knew Finrod but is not Finrod.
My bad. Forgot. Edited.

IC: As the host of Rohan drew closer to Helm's Deep, they saw smoke and fire on the horizon. "It seems that all the villages are on fire." said Theoden. "The wild men of Dunlend are upon us. Let Rohan look to its horses!"
"I see a great smoke." said Eomer. "What might that be?"
"Battle and war!" said Gandalf. "Ride on!"

In the early hours of dusk the army arrived at the gates of Helm. They were challenged by a sentry.
"Halt! Who goes there!"

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!

Last edited by Beleg Strongbow : 11-11-2002 at 09:29 AM.
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 02:16 PM   #142
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

OOC: Hmmm. Interest seems low. How about posting, people?

IC:

"The Lord of the Mark rides to Helm's Deep!" said Hama.
"This is good news!" said the sentry. "Good, perhaps, past all hope that we had. But you are too few, perhaps, and too late."

Just then, a piercing orc-scream rang out from behind a nearby ridge. An orc's body toppled over the ridge and slid down, two arrows sticking out of his back. The rest of the fellowship appeared over the ridge.

"Gandalf!"
"Fimbren!"
"Aragorn!"

The reunion was cut short, however. Legolas glanced out over the plain and froze. Looking off in that direction, Merry noticed a few lights in the distance. More refugees from Rohan, he assumed.

But the eyes of Elves were far keener. "Shut the gates!" cried Fimbren. "The armies of Saruman are come, with torches!"
Legolas found himself unable to move. The army was made up of thousands of orcs, with torches, broad-bladed swords, and long spears... He did not feel fear, but he wondered if this indeed was the end of Rohan and the Fellowship...

Little time was left now to Aragorn, Nargond, and Theoden to order the battle...

Aure Entuleva!

Old 11-14-2002, 09:03 PM   #143
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: I am just alittle confused on the story. Sorry.

ic: Fimbrem and Gandlaf and myself found our way passed the orcs threatining our path. We loked over the edge to find the rest of our fellowship and climbed our way down to there level. But beyond the hills a cry of war rang out. Orcs came from every direcxtion declaring their rage of war opone us. Fimbrem ordered the gates to be shut and the archers to be seated in there post.
War has started.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:05 PM   #144
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren pulled out his bow and lit an arrow which he fired as far as he could. It landed many yards from the approaching army who laughed. But suddenly, from the small flame, a smoky figure arose. A great elf lord (Fimbren actually but they didn't know that)
The figure of Fimbren held up his hand and said "Turn back servants of Isengard." For a moment they stopped but then they moved on and they sliced at the figure as they passed. Suddenly, when about half the army had passed by the smoke figure, it exploded, killing a dozen orc-men."

The real Fimbren fell to his knees, "Any spell can take energy and the explosion has sapped me. Perhaps it will strike fear into their hearts. Please let me rest with by Theoden until the battle begins"

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 11-18-2002 at 02:30 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 02:37 PM   #145
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Fimbren and Theoden retreated towards the Hornburg. The forces of Isengard appeared momentarily cowed, but they seemed to be recovering their daring. Gandalf decided to seize the moment. Shouting a word of command, he swung his staff over his head and pointed it towards the approaching Isengarders. A loud crack was heard, and a bolt of white lightning leapt from the staff to the ground in front of the army. A loud thump sounded, and dirt blew up from the ground into the eyes of the army. In confusion, the troops staggered backwards.

Gandalf, speaking briefly to Merry and Pippin, threw them up upon his horse. He shouted to Theoden, saying "Until I return, Lord of the Mark, keep the forces of Saruman off!"

Aure Entuleva!

Old 11-16-2002, 05:55 PM   #146
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Ladders clanged onto the wall and ropes flew over, the clamps on them catching on cracks on the inside. Nargond stood on the wall, a moving target, but finding himself rewarded with a cry of pain every time he loosed an arrow. But soon he was out of arrow. At the same instant the orcs broke over the wall. His sword sliced more heads than he had ever seen. "Nineteen!" he heard Legolas Shout. Gimli came back with a "You have me by two, my friend, but not for long!"
"And you, Nargond?"
"Twenty. No, Twenty-one!"
"A fine quarry, friend!"
"GAAAAAAAHHHHH!" Nargond shouted,flinging his sword through the air and into an unusually large orc.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:31 AM   #147
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Shadowfax leapt away, bearing Gandalf, M, & P to who knew where. Legolas wondered if he would see them return. The Elf felt no fear (can elves feel fear?), but the size of Saruman's hordes astounded him. He let another arrow fly, piercing the mail of an orc that was gaining the top of the wall. Legolas rushed over and kicked the ladder down. But he wasn't quick enough; an orc scrambled up behind him with sword raised.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 11-18-2002, 02:11 PM   #148
Helix
Elven Warrior

Frodo fared moderatly well with his own small bow. However, he felt embarresed (sp?) when Nargond claimed 22 kills and he compared it to his meager 5. Still, it was his first battle, and he was using a weapon that he had yet to master. He saw Legolas's attacker, and seized the opportunity for another kill. THWACK! The orc fell dead off of the parapet.

Last edited by Helix : 11-19-2002 at 02:31 PM.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 12:18 PM   #149
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Frodo killed another orc man but was grabbed from be hind. Suddenly and arow whistled past, just inches from his ear and the orc fell. Fimbren had returned. His elven and dwarvish armour shining. He held Ringil in one hand and Anguirel in the other. One shining blue, one black ansd dull. He came rushing in and killed five orcs within the first minute. Then he was by Frodo's side.
"It is an honour to fight beside you master hobbit"
Old 11-25-2002, 09:10 AM   #150
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicirus
ooc: I am just alittle confused on the story. Sorry.
I decided that maybe splitting the fellowship in a RPG wasn't a good idea. We're all hacking away at Helm's deep except for Gandalf, Merry, and Pippin who have gone somewhere
Fangorn
just as the battle began.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 11-25-2002, 09:10 AM   #151
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Yikes! Our Thread is Dying!

well, if you guys want that to happen...
that's it then. I'm not going to post for a while, so we'll see.

Aure Entuleva!

Last edited by Beleg Strongbow : 12-03-2002 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:27 PM   #152
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

*plays funeral music for the rpg.*

Aure Entuleva!

Old 12-20-2002, 01:45 PM   #153
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Finrod Felagund: *Weeps*
Old 12-20-2002, 07:04 PM   #154
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I am confused with the story. I am being a horrible Aragorn.

ic:The battle raged on as the archers tried to keep most of the orcs from getting into the fort. Inthe distance a silver light shown in the horizon. As it approached it took the form of a horseman and two passengers. The horse brought immidiat excitment to the other horses who begane to whinny loudly and dance around in their bonds. The rider came into view as Gandalf with Merry and Pippin riding in the back. Shadowfax their steed took possesion immediatly by the other horses and waitted for Gandalf's further commands. I ran to Gandlaf and told him of the battle. He took out his sword and glanced at the company before mounting his steed once more and rode off bidding me and the others who wished to follow. I mounted a brown horse nearest to me and took Anduril in my blood stained hand and followed Gandalf as I truelly would follow a king. Gandlaf rode foward towards the army of orcs who pointed at us and laughed at our daring.
"What are we doing?" I questioned in my mind over and over agian.
But then the orcs noticing our speed of approach became nervous but still stedfast in thier order.

ooc: I hope this will do.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:10 PM   #155
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Old 01-07-2003, 12:33 PM   #156
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: BAck to the top with you! This is the last time I'll do it, after that, if no one posts, we'll have to declare it dead.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:18 PM   #157
Helix
Elven Warrior

Frodo dies. The end.

(Unless I am mistaken and the thread isn't dead?)
Old 01-08-2003, 09:37 PM   #158
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
NO! don't do it! We'll keep it up! I promise! Even if I'm the last person standing and I have to take out Sauron myself, we'll do it! I really swear! DOn't kill it! PLEASE!

Nargond wasn't sure who was dead. He was certain someone of his group was and hoped it wasn't Frodo. But for the meantime, he fought valiantly until the end. And even then, he wasn't sure who had won.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 06:54 AM   #159
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Ok I am trying to keep my part.

ic: I took out Anduril and with it showed the orcs my anger and spirit of war. Gandalf took his sword of glimming white and with the first strike behead the captain of the orcs and the other orcs started to fight back. I hit as many orcs as my sword could reach and my horse kicked at the ones that attempted to get us from behind. Merry tried to kill orcs as best he could riding on the back of the tall horse. Pip mananged to hit a couple on the bcks as they attacked his friends. The army that followed us did not give in. Soon the orcs were fleeing from us for there were not many left.
But they did not give in yet. arrows started to fly out from behind the hills and one nearly hitting my shoulder. We retreated to the fort to find a small army attacking it. We rushed forward and with our remaning strengh slayed the orcs that were in our way to get to the fort.

Inside we found Frodo and Finrod with others of the army still trying to defend.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:44 PM   #160
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicirus
Inside we found Frodo and Finrod with others of the army still trying to defend.
My character is Fimbren!