Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2003, 02:35 PM   #141
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
wanst sure if i should of started a new thread about this but i was wondering how much weed is to much weed. i mean i do it every weekend and i dont usually do like 2 joints like i used to but more like 4-5 but all in a bong. just wondering if any vetran smokers have advice
Yes, I have some advice, but first a question. What is your GPA? If it's below a 3.0. then stop smoking it until you have at least a 3.0. I have known too many people who ruined their future opprtunities because of pot. First it was only on weekends with other peoples' stuff. Then it was their own stuff. Then they'd smoke it during the week. Then they'd come to school stoned. Then they'd smoke it AT school, or skip school to get high. Some of them even dropped out, none of them went to college. You SEVERELY limit yourself when you do not take the fullest advantage of your education. I don't care if what you want to do doesn't require this or that -- it's the fact that you'll have CHOICES. So whatever you decide, NEVER let it get in the way of your schooling. TRUST me.
If you start to feel like getting high is controlling your life (in little ways -- it's hard to explain without it sounding like a big deal, it's much more subtle than that -- but if you begin to eschew other activities because it will get in the way of buying or smoking pot), STOP. It isn't worth it!!! Also, be very careful about hanging out with people who smoke it too frequently, because you will probably be influenced by them. Again, it is subtle. Trust your gut feelings.

Secondly, know that smoking it WILL hurt your lungs. I recommend eating it. It is stupid IMO to suck smoke into your lungs. It is harmful. You're killing off all your nice, pink alveoli. Who knows what other body systems it might affect, because not enough is known about it.

I hope you find clarity in this matter.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 03:18 PM   #142
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
In BC they just made possesing small amounts legal, so i guess thats a small step to decrimilaizing it
*packs bags* So, can I bunk at your place until I get a place of my own?
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 03:26 PM   #143
Macka
Hobbit

Quote:
Quote:
By azalea~ Yes, I have some advice, but first a question. What is your GPA? If it's below a 3.0. then stop smoking it until you have at least a 3.0. I have known too many people who ruined their future opprtunities because of pot. First it was only on weekends with other peoples' stuff. Then it was their own stuff. Then they'd smoke it during the week. Then they'd come to school stoned. Then they'd smoke it AT school, or skip school to get high. Some of them even dropped out, none of them went to college. You SEVERELY limit yourself when you do not take the fullest advantage of your education. I don't care if what you want to do doesn't require this or that -- it's the fact that you'll have CHOICES. So whatever you decide, NEVER let it get in the way of your schooling. TRUST me.
I don't know about the part about EATING pot, but I agree with this statement. Pot is stupid and it CAN ruin your life.
In God we trust, In God we trust
The people of the nation let me hear you give a holler
In God we trust, In God we trust
We stamp it on our penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar
In God we trust, In God we trust"

~Pillar "Indivisible"

Last edited by Macka : 09-16-2003 at 03:29 PM.
Macka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 03:34 PM   #144
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Advice from a veteran smoker...quit! Better yet, don't start. Being normal (not high) is good enough, and less confusing.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:42 PM   #145
Sween
im quite stupid

i had a most bizzar experience the other week. After been down the pub my mates all went up to the park to get high. I went along cos well summet to do isnt it. I just felt so stupid sat on swings as they skinned up (i dont smoke myself dont like it give me a bad head and makes my throat hurt). It just is such a kiddie thing to do really isnt it i mean im a father for god sake
Old 09-16-2003, 03:43 PM   #146
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Macka
I don't know about the part about EATING pot, ...
Pot brownies.

Last edited by Ruinel : 09-16-2003 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:45 PM   #147
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
I don't know about the part about EATING pot, ...
Pot brownies. [/B][/QUOTE]

Have to admit Pot choclate rise crispies are pretty damned nice. Mind u they are just as nice without the pot
Old 09-16-2003, 03:47 PM   #148
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
Have to admit Pot choclate rise crispies are pretty damned nice. Mind u they are just as nice without the pot
pm me the recipe.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:49 PM   #149
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
pm me the recipe.
bloody hell i dont rember how to make them ussually too stoned
Old 09-16-2003, 04:07 PM   #150
Ruinel
Banned

damn!
Old 09-16-2003, 06:59 PM   #151
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
works for me. what do they consider a "small amount"?
not sure. i think its 5 grams

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:49 PM   #152
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
i had a most bizzar experience the other week. After been down the pub my mates all went up to the park to get high. I went along cos well summet to do isnt it. I just felt so stupid sat on swings as they skinned up (i dont smoke myself dont like it give me a bad head and makes my throat hurt). It just is such a kiddie thing to do really isnt it i mean im a father for god sake
Yeah, I agree. It's really kind of a time waster. I don't have time to waste anymore!
Old 09-16-2003, 08:54 PM   #153
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
u had rice crispies too. i had some but we didnt have peanut butter or marsh mallow so we used choclate chips
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:56 PM   #154
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
Yes, I have some advice, but first a question. What is your GPA? If it's below a 3.0. then stop smoking it until you have at least a 3.0.
my gpa is 3.42 and it has raised actually a bit since i started which is odd if you think about it.
I AM CANADIAN

Old 09-16-2003, 09:00 PM   #155
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

It will go down eventually , if you keep numbing your mind.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:10 PM   #156
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

or will it? i mean im never feel really affected in school after i do it on the weekend, i also do my homework on the weekend which isnt hard to do and i have done it every week since school started and i havent found it hard at all. but i geuss veteran smoker knows best. im still on that 1 month no weed thing suggested by IR.
I AM CANADIAN

Old 09-16-2003, 09:55 PM   #157
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
im still on that 1 month no weed thing suggested by IR.
That's good since you just started it last night hey?!

Good for you on the gpa! Make sure it stays that way!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:51 PM   #158
zinnite
Elven Warrior

I was only an occasional smoker until last august when my appendix burst, and then i started smoking daily (after the surgery, of course). it helped. a lot.

from about then to the end of this past march i was smoking 3-4 times every day (plus frequent brownie binges). most of that occurred during my final semester of grad school coursework, and it didn't negatively affect my grades or work at all. my GPA even went up.

it's not good for everyone, but it sure worked for me. i haven't smoked i almost six months, though, and i really don't miss it. i couldn't do it now anyway if i wanted to, since my job requires me to be fully responsible for the lives of several people (plus if i got caught i would lose my employer-provided housing, which is definitely not worth the risk).

some people can handle it, most can't--just like all currently-legal drugs.
zinnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 11:26 PM   #159
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Gosh, I see nothing wrong with occasional and responsible use. I had my first joint when I was 14 and smoked my way through high school, managing to stay on the honor roll for all four years. I'm now 40 and rarely smoke, although I usually have some in the house.

One of my favorite ways to spend an evening: a glass of premier cru burgundy, a spliff, and a James Bond film (preferably w/Sean Connery).
Old 09-17-2003, 01:06 AM   #160
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

yer lucky. personally I have found pot is a lot less fun as I have grown older. I think my brain chemicals have changed or something because when I was a teenager it was so much fun to get as high as you could. Now it just makes me feel paranoid and stupid and everybody looks ugly. So if I do it its rarely and its usually alone (unless Im using it to enhance.... well nevermind... ). Either that or I end up doing it when Im drunk anyway which is a waste. Youll smoke an old shoe if someone sticks it in your mouth when yer drunk.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote