Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2003, 03:28 PM   #121
Opan
Enting

Opan coughed and squinted and saw Seth immediately above her. She shook her head and widened her eyes
''Seth I - I dont know- I it - I" Opan struggled to say what was in her mind even though nothing really was there at all.
Opan welled up and flug her arms around his neck, she didnt care about the past she needed bringing back down to earth, somthing had clicked back into place.
Seth lay Opan down and she sat up gently still clinging to Seth slighly in shock.
"I'm sorry" she whispered.
Opan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 03:40 PM   #122
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Opan had awoken and was obviously confused. The strange Aura had left her and she struggled to speak. Finally she burst and flung her arms aournd by neck and whispered "i'm sorry." She was in shock so i hugged her back. I was slightly confused myself.

y'know, there is no way to fight a woman without becoming a loser. If you win the fight you still feel misrable and if you throw the fight you end up dead i thought to myself. she was still in shock.

"hey, uh, its alright. This old frame of mine has taken far worse beatings. The thing i a concerned about is whether or not you are okay." I had hit her rather hard and i move my hand to the back of her head and felt a warm trickle of blood. she is on shock so of course she wont feel it. I wet a peice of cloth that i tore off my blanket with what water remained in my flask and held it to the back of her head.

where the hell is Kalile and Fimbren?

"dont worry, we'll get all this sorted out."
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 06-24-2003 at 03:46 PM.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 08:08 PM   #123
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien had seen a bright beam of light shoot through the thick brushes.

"What the-?" was all she managed to say, for not long after, Kalile came springing through the trees, asking for Fimbren.

"What happened?" Luthien asked, but got no response.

She threw down the sticks she had been gatehring for firewood and headed towards the origin of the beam. She walked carefully. A fear began to grow within her. What if any enemies within their perimeter saw it and were headed their way. she put that thought aside and focused on finding the origin of that light.

It wasn't long before she came upon Seth, an injured Opan in his arms.

"What did you do to her?" she said through clenched teeth as she put her blade under his chin.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 09:44 PM   #124
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Quote:
OOC I'm going to Vegas in a week!!!! yey...... so i wont be posting for a 2weeks when i go.... ..We'll have too work summit out when the time comes......but n e way we shouldnt be getting off the subject...!!!!! Grrr its too easy. lol
Ooc: Lol! You'll be in Vegas while I'm in Los Angelas!

Oh, and
Quote:
OOC: We have a disscusion thread ya know! that is what it is for!
says the person who had a moderator tell her to stay on topic.

Ic: Fimbren didn't seem to be anywhere in the area, so Kalile ran back to Seth. She found Luthein holding Sane at blade point.
"Luthein! Why-?"
"He did something to Opan!" Luthein snarled, not taking her blade from Seth's throat.
"It's alright! He helped her!" I hope she thought under thight sheilds.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:28 AM   #125
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Hhmph.

I was so close to bursting point with Luthien. Rather than that i gently put Opan down and before either Kalile or Luthien could draw breath, had Luthien on the ground with her hads pinned under her and her own dagger at her throat.

"I did nothing to her that will be of permantent damage. She attacked me and i defended. I found out why she was acting so oddly in the proccess." I let her get up but still did not give her weapons back to her. "now if you would be so kind as to find Fimbren and bring his elven ass over here to help her and the other go fetch a bandage for her i would be greatly obliged."
Old 06-25-2003, 09:36 AM   #126
Opan
Enting

OOC - Okay so now we definately need Fimbren! Were is he he hasnt posted for ages!....what are we going to do.?
Opan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:53 AM   #127
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien jumped to her feet. This Seth was toying on the brink of her anger, and she wanted nothing more than to slit his throat. However, he had her most prized blade and she wasn't about to let Opan become collateral damage because of the differences between she and Seth.

"I will get the bandage," she said, gulping down the many words that had come to her mind all at once to utter at Seth.

She raced into the woods and back to camp. She grabbed her pack, which had items to dress wounds and rushed back to Opan.

Luthien opened her pack and brought forth a bandage, as well as some ointment to stop the bleeding.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-25-2003, 02:27 PM   #128
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Opan, just write in what he would have said.

I was near boiling with Luthien when she dashed off to get the bandage. I knelt beside Opan who was trying to sit up, I put my hand on her shoulder and made her stop moving around.

"where did you find that Medallion?" I was doubtful that i would get an answer as i could see she still had a headache. I didnt press any further when i heard little miss angry, angst-ridden elf burst through the under brush.

"here." she spat out between clenched teeth. I grabbed the ointment and dabbed it on a bandage and throughly attended the wound. Opan sat up.

"Kalile, you stay here with Opan and i am going to look for Fimbren." I shoved Luthiens blade in my belt just to make sure. As i went into the brush, i heard a snap. And not to my surprise, it was Luthien.

"You had better keep a lid on that temper of yours she-elf. It might get you killed one of thses days." I narrowed my eyes and folded my arms, Luthien dagger firmly in my grasp.

"And you had better watch yourself as well! You have given me ample reason to kill you! You had better look out." she spat right back. I merely laughed at her.

"So emmotional! I wonder how on earth you could have been an assaisin. Well, a good one at least." She had a slightly confused look on her face and i leaned against a tree.

"you see, an assasin is Never, and i mean never, supposed to show any emmotion what so ever. And it seems that all you are is a bundle of nerves." She opened her mouth to protest but i held up my had and went on.

"Also if you really new your bussiness well, you wouldnt have come charging at me when you saw me holding Opan. You should have waited on the outskirts not being seen and assesed the situation before crashing in like that. And last but not least since Opan is awaiting us and i have to cut this short, You would never have come infront of me while i still had a "hostage" in my hands and you wouldnt have come in from the front, no less, with a dagger!"

I went forward and finally found Fimbren and brought him back to the clearing where Opan was sitting up with her back against a tree. I picked up the medallion to show every one, but Luthien was still not there.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:59 PM   #129
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien was fuming in anger. Who did that Seth think he was? She did understand that she had gone against everything she was taught about being an assin, but Opan was her friend and it appeared that she was in danger. She didn't think, and now Seth had something over her. The fury raged within her. Luthien took a deep breath and calmed down. In order to get the best of Seth, she would have to keep her feelings under wraps, nothing that she wasn't used to. However, why she had given Seth the impression that she was a 'bundle of nerves' she reasoned was because she had let her guard down. Something about being with another who was sworn to the Lady of the Wood seemed to have distracted her, but there would be no more of that in the future.

"This has gone far enough," she muttered under her breath when he had gone.

Luthien looked over to Opan. Kalile was taking care of her, and there was not much else she could do. Slowly and silently, she crept away and hid up in the trees. She sltealthily follwed Seth until he had come to a halt, searching for the elf known as Fimbren. She made sure to keep her mind blank, so as not to make him aware of her presence. Luthien followed him until he had returned to the group. He held up a medallion. She smiled.
Luthien slowly fitted an arrrow into her bow and aimed several inches away from his arm. In a blink, the arrow was fired and Seth was pinned to the trunk of a tree by the sleeve of his shirt.

"Never insult an assassin," said Luthien to Seth, jumping down into the clearing. "Pardon me for interrupting, but i have something to say before anything else is done," she said to the group.
She turned to Seth, who looked as if he would kill her.
"Now before you even think of reaching for that hilt, I would like to call a truce. As much as I don't like you, I know how important this quest is for Opan, as well as for me. I swore my life to the Lady of the Golden Wood and I will not fail her when she needs me the most. I will not impair our quest because of some personal differences between you and I. If our company is divided, than we shall fall. So if it is divided, it will not be because of me. Truce?"
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Indril Anarion : 06-25-2003 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:54 PM   #130
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
At Luthien's speech, Myanduri had trouble not bursting into laughter. What was it with these elves? Must the be so melodramatic? They were much to eager to draw their swords and engage in self-inflating conversation. She kept a careful eye on Opan and tried to stay out of everyone's way. But then she realized that Fimbren was gone. Someone went to find him, but she steyed where she was.

ooc: maybe I scared him off...

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 04:40 PM   #131
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Luthien had fired an arrow at me while i had my back turned. thats more like it! now she is finaly flying her true colors! I knew i looked as if i was about to kill her, and to tell the truth, i was. Then i remebred the rest of the people here. damn bystandards. I calmly with drew the arrow that pinned my shirt sleeve.

<If you felt as if you had to shoot, you should have aimed to kill. This little show shall get us no where. That was your last chance to get me. I asure you of that.>

"As you say you have pledged your services to the Lady, I have no such vices. Nor do I have any qualms about seeing the lady fall."

"Then you are against us!" Fimbren had finaly decides to join the conversation.

"I am against no one who is not against me. All I said is that it does not make much difference to me whether she or her wood rises or falls. I have helped her once and it did nothing in my benifit." I was still rather nonchalant with them.

"Seth, please. Do not do this." Kalile was really uncomfortable with the current out come.

"Hold on a moment. Further more this company shall not fail, Why should it? Because a rogue member decides not to play by the rules?"

"I knew I should have killed you when I had the chance!" Luthien was really off her top.

"Yes, perhaps you should have. But you didnt, and I wont let you have another shot. Insult an assassin though I may, I will never trust one or the promises they make. I will not endanger your quest, nor will I go out of my way to save it if it goes astray. I will watch and do what is needed to keep it ontrack. But if any of you loose control again, I will let it fall. No truce is made yet no war has been declared."

I very calmly pulled out Luthiens dagger, then with a fast flick of the wrist sent it whizzing over to her, severing the bowstring and then burrying itself next to her ear. I left the clearing.

Last edited by The last sane person : 06-25-2003 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:44 PM   #132
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Suddenly Fimbren stepped into the clearing. "What is going on?!?" He roared. "Can I not even scout ahead without you all trying to kill eachother?!?"

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 04-06-2004 at 10:07 AM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:13 PM   #133
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

"I knew he couldn't be trusted," Luthien said, resheathing her dagger. "What do you see in him?"

She turned to Kalile, who looked like she wanted to be swallowed into the earth.

"I spared him thinking that he was a valuable asset to our quest, but apparantly I was wrong, very wrong," she said in a plain voice. "Unless you can speak up for him, Kalile."

OOC: Hey FF, We docked the boats, fought a minor battle and Opan secretly found this medallion that alters her personality, rowed on, docked the boats again and Seth knocked sense into Opan when the medallion affects her, and Luthien got the wrong idea and almost sliced him, then Seth insults her and she gets all mad, but she gets bandages for Opan, and then this happens...phew...I think that;s everything...but to be safe....read the thread...
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Indril Anarion : 06-25-2003 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:47 PM   #134
Kalile

After Seth left, the tension lowered with an almost audible whoosh.

Kalile sat down, glad that no one was paying attention to her. Though still young by elven standards, she felt old, so very old.
She remembered things that many couldn't, from Bilbo's laugh at dwarven jokes to Smaug's death cry to the Nazgul to Gandalf, to Seth when he was young.... and so much more. The burdens of war and sorrow wieghed her down, until she was weary. And now, to be facing a third broken fellowship....

Seth must be getting old, too she thought ironically. I don't know if I'll be able to stand it when he dies... not now.

Ooc: Melodramatic elves!!!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 10:35 PM   #135
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren, without realizing it, was feeling much the same as Kalile. He remembered so much, that the only other being now in Middle Earth was Galadriel herself. He thought back on his early years, playing with Finrod Felagund, Orodreth and Galadriel in the light of the two trees. The darkening of Valinor and the many battles with Morgoth. He had seen the fall of Hurin in the Nirnaeth and the fall of Barad-Dur from Cerin Amroth in Lorien. Things that no one could share with him. "What am I to do now?" he wondered. "Am I Obsolete?" He felt like talking to Treebeard, but knew that that would have to wait. He had more pressing matters at hand.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:17 AM   #136
Kalile

Your wish is granted

As everyone sat in silence, a great creaking of tree limbs could be heard. The group tensed, and put their hands to their weapons.

Into the clearing strode a sight that few in Middle Earth have ever seen, perhaps none save Perigrine and Meriadoc. They looked like a great forest of trees moving, until one looked closer.

"Ents!" Kalile cried. There were at least ten of them, talking in their old slow language. Treebeard was in the lead, followed by Quickbeam, who seemed to be in heated (for Ents) conversation.
At Kalile's cry Quickbeam turned and said something loudly. The Ents all stopped.
"I told you we weren't lost!" he added in Common, "we found them after all!"
Old 06-26-2003, 03:32 PM   #137
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren was overjoyed. "Fangorn my old friend! What brings you so far from home?"
Old 06-26-2003, 03:32 PM   #138
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren was overjoyed. "Fangorn my old friend! What brings you so far from home?"
Old 06-26-2003, 04:45 PM   #139
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien was bedazzled. She had never gazed upon such magnificent, yet puzzeling(sp?), creatures.

She stared in awe and curiosity. As one of the trees spoke, she came to her senses.

"What do you mean you found us?" she asked curiously.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Indril Anarion : 06-26-2003 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:33 PM   #140
Kalile

Treebeard laughed. "One answer will fit for both questions. Galadriel sent us to look for you, in case you were in trouble, and to bring you quickly to Lorien." His face grew grave, and his laughter died.
"Lorien is under siege," Quickbeam said tensly.