Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-14-2003, 04:25 PM   #121
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Or we might delete her while little's been posted about her. Whatever Falathion wants.

I'm sorry to hear you're going, M. Bransdal. Hope to see you again here, sometime when you have a lot of time on your hands . Like summer, perhaps. A long holiday . I'm looking forward to seeing you in the Worshop.

Edit: Oh yes, and thanks for telling us early.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 09-14-2003 at 04:26 PM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:33 PM   #122
M. Brandsdal
Hobbit

Well, thank you Lief for the warming words.. I am really sorry, not only for you guys.. HAHAhAhAha, but for my self. I'm in need of getting my writing skills onto I higher scale, but damn, I just don't have to time for it..

And about the part of telling you early.. I don't know if you meant that to be ironic, cus' it has been some time since I last checked this forum.. *I was ill*.. but anyways, hopefully, no one will hold a grudge at me..

Thanks again! And enjoy all!
M. Brandsdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:42 PM   #123
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

By early, I meant that not very much had been posted with Iriana yet. It's not like you're leaving us in a lurch, in the middle of the game .

I didn't mean that as ironic. Most players of the game, myself included, sometimes take huge lapses in posting. Very bad of us. Falathion is the best of us at keeping up with the RPG. If you think a day or two is a long time, that's definitely not what I meant . Because of my school schedule, I'm only able to post on weekends.

You know what? Actually, if you're capable of keeping up just by posting on weekends as well, or some form of very limited posting, that still might be sufficient. I'm simply saying this because I know I'm able to remain in the game, even after being out for . . . what has it been? A month, maybe? It's been a while since I posted, before yesterday. Look at the dates of my posts, and you'll see .
Old 09-14-2003, 05:56 PM   #124
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

That's really a pitty, M. Brandsdal. But I know from experience there's little cure against homework.

It'd be nice if you could manage visits in weekends like Lief suggested. If not I'm sure to meet you again in the Writer's Workshop.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:26 PM   #125
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Ah, too bad Martin. Guess we'll see you again some other time then. Perhaps you have better time when our next rpg is starting, and you could be with us from the start

Good luck with your writing, looking forward to read...

Lief & co: I think I'll take on Iriana as a sidekick character... I have made some plans for her somewhat, and it would be fun to have her in the game
Old 09-16-2003, 02:37 PM   #126
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Hehe I know not if you had any idea of who this sidekick for Aralle should be Lief, but because I now have 2 characters it would be nice to have them in 2 different places I think...

If this sidekick to Aralle is already picked than just make Aralle shake her head at Glimdrell, and he'll attain on the main quest. If Glimdrell is to be Aralle's sidekick, then please let Iriana have a final word with him... let her tell him something that will set more questions on his mind... and remind him of the song in which he does not understand!

Oh, and I suppose that Glimdrell never found the chanse to speak with Elise, or that she did not know the answer to the question...
Old 09-17-2003, 03:25 AM   #127
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Vahatres has given you his cue now, Falathion .
Old 09-17-2003, 03:14 PM   #128
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Hmm... I hope I got the cue right?
Old 09-17-2003, 04:01 PM   #129
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I forgot I had two characters as well that I could split up. Silly me.

Is Imarwyn to go alone to the council or will Aralle and Glimdrell go in the same direction?
Old 09-17-2003, 04:16 PM   #130
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Yes, this is confusing me as well
Old 09-18-2003, 04:51 AM   #131
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Hope my most recent post clears it up.

Whoever posts next can post the end of the meeting and the setting forth of the companies, if they like. I have no further plans for this meeting. Military strategy is one of the primary remaining things they'd want to discuss, but that doesn't really relate to the companies.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 09-18-2003 at 04:53 AM.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:20 AM   #132
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Indeed this cleared up things. I won't make that next post though, I'll leave it to the next reader
Old 09-19-2003, 04:22 PM   #133
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

...and OOC quetions is what we post in here right?

There are 3 people going in Aralle's group. That is Glimdrell, Imarwyn and Aralle.

All others are going with the other group
Old 09-28-2003, 02:39 AM   #134
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Falathion, Eärniel, I know my most recent post doesn't leave much of a cue for follow up. However, feel free to post anyway, part of the journey or anything else in their plot thread. Or, of course, with your other characters.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:37 PM   #135
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Strider

Hi. My name is Yodaman and I want to join Hytorax: Part 2. Here is my idea for my character: Theodar, captain of the Riddermark and his son, Theodur. They lead a group of special division of the Rohirrim army and they are good, not evil. Also, I was wondering if my fan series could be based on the adventures of the Hytorax crew. Just give me permission and I'll make an awsome plot. Also, can you please give me a description for each of the main characters from Hytorax so that my best friend and artist, Darth Lizard, could draw them for me. LOL

Yodaman.

P.S.: Please tell whoever invented the Hytorax saga that they have an amazing imagination.

Last edited by Yodaman : 09-28-2003 at 06:48 PM.
Yodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 12:43 AM   #136
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Thank you very much. Thank the players for the excellent read, as well . The plot is only part of what makes the game good .

Welcome to the game, Yodaman! Your ideas for characters sound very good, particularly since the country the RPG is taking place in is adjacent to Rohan. We already have a couple characters from Rohan involved . The country is Enedwaith. If you have a map of Middle Earth, you can find it right next to Rohan and Dunland. The capital of Enedwaith is called Néred; I made that city up.

Making fan fiction that involves the adventures of the Hytorax characters might be rather difficult. Making adventures about individual characters, when their inventers give permission, is one thing. But the characters aren't really an adventuring band- they have gathered together through a variety of circumstances and will probably split up again once this particular struggle is over.

My main characters in the RPG are named Hruad and Athalt Cranain. However, at present they are not very usable. Hruad is in prison far away, and Athalt Cranain is going to be left behind in the city . So right now I'm using a character named Aralle, a griffin that can morph into a human. She has been on many adventures before; it's sort of her career. You'd have to ask Silverstripe if you can write fanfic about her though, for Aralle is actually not my character. I invented a lot of history for her already with Silverstripe, so I could give you a rundown if she permits it. Aside from that though, I can't help you.

Ah yes, and you're not likely to get much fun out of Hruad, either. He's no good with any weapon and has no history of adventure (until this game started, anyway ). He's a politician, a representative in the council of Enedwaith, representing a region.

I'll probably give you a better description later. I don't actually know if I ever did make a physical description of him. He is lean, though. I'm not sure . . . that might be all the description I have about him .

Anyway, welcome to the RPG . Have you read any of it, yet? I'm wondering how much of the previous events I should tell you.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 09-29-2003 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:52 PM   #137
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Ah, a new player!

Welcome to the game Yodaman, great having you with us!

My main characters are Glimdrell Silverleaf, a backstabber and sneaker by profession, but is now learning to use the sabre. He wears a magical cloak whcih let him blend better into disquise.

and

Iriana, a sword weaver and hearer of the song. She is rather new, so not much of her history is yet revealed, nor her talents tested in the game at full... I'm eager to get to that point

Please understand that I have created a pretty tight bond to Glimdrell atleast, and that his future developement is pretty important to me (and I have my plans for him and his future...) so I'd probably not want to see him in a fanfiction, eventhough I must admit it could be interesting...

Iriana is a totaly new character of mine, but I find her interesting and intriguing... I'd be more open to let her into any fanfiction... but then again, I'd like to give her my own developement through playing her...

Drawings of them is something I've always wanted to see though! Especially Glimdrell Silverleaf... but I'm not for asking of such a favour

Welcome to the game once again! May your stay and play be a positive experience!

Oh, and Lief created the original plot... ofcurse it has been modified slightly during play caused by players' actions. He is the ultimate plotmaster, the rest of us are his followers
Old 09-29-2003, 04:10 PM   #138
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Strider

Thank you for the friendly introduction. I decided not to make my fan fiction series about the Hytorax characters but of some characters I made up. It's an alternate universe where, in the far future, a time machine is made and the creator is of Easterling ancestry, so he decides to go back and kill Aragorn, who destroyed his people when he was king. So he does that, but this was right after Aragron concieved his son, Aelfwine. The result is a world where Sauron rules Middle Earth and all are his slaves. Gandalf then finds a prophecy that says something about Aelfwine bringing an end to Sauron's reighn. It's an adventure staring the offspring of most of the main characters, and I promise it'll be awsome. It's slated for a December 19th release. Tell me what you think. LOL

Yodaman.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:53 AM   #139
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Right. Well, looking forward to your entrance .
Old 09-30-2003, 10:34 AM   #140
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Right. Well, looking forward to your entrance

I am sure your fanfiction will be interesting (post about it on the Writers Workshop )

Good luck, and welcome to the game!