Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2004, 11:22 PM   #121
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Hi Eoca, welcome to the Moot! And to the thread about the greatness that is Babylon 5.

I love that episode... is it Racing Mars? The best part is when Marcus is singing "I am the very model of a modern major general" and driving Franklin up the wall, or where he's extending and retracting his fighting pike. Oh, and the game of "I Spy"!

Marcus: I spy, with my little eye, something that begins with B.
Franklin: Boxes
Marcus: I spy, with my little eye, something that begins with M.
Franklin (bored): More boxes.
Marcus: Very good! I spy, with my little eye, something that begins with E.
Franklin (slightly annoyed): If this is what I think it is...
Marcus: Go on, guess!
Franklin and Marcus together: Even more boxes!

LOL!

Marcus sure knows how to entertain himself. He's probably been on a lot of deep space missions!

And, as far as I know, season 5 is not out on DVD yet.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:18 PM   #122
Mim Baggins
Sapling

Hi, Am new and not sure if this has been discussed before. My friends and I are starting to play the B5 RPG and so we decided to watch some episodes to refresh our memories.
I've notice in the Pilot movie that the guy that plays Mr Morden is in the command centre at one of the consoles. Is this just a coincidence that he's there or was J. Michael Strasynski planning so far ahead?
Mim Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:28 PM   #123
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I believe it was not a planned role, rather they saw someone they could use later and you'll notice he disappeared from the control center post haste.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:36 PM   #124
Mim Baggins
Sapling

Just hoping that it was planned *sigh* since you get so much more of B5 upon the second viewing when you see and hear things that eventually turn into a major plot.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:38 PM   #125
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Mr. S. was at a convention I attended several years ago and discussed several plot themes. Mr. Morden never was a part of the original design but was developed rapidly as the story unfolded.
That's why I believe it was "an actor cast for the role" and not a prequel appearance.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:55 PM   #126
Mim Baggins
Sapling

Makes sense since there appeared to be a lot of changes from pilot to eps. 1, major characters (ivanova, new doctor) and new uniforms.
They also seemed to have oiled the sliding doors between pilot and eps 1 ......... doesn't have jerky movement on opening.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:41 AM   #127
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Hey it's nice to see people around here again. Yea! Season 4 is out on DVD (), but it's 75$ ()!

I think it was a the Lurker's Giude that I read Morden was in the pilot movie - but I agree with you guys, it wasn't a plant.

Cheerio!
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #128
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Hi!
Welcome-ings and Greetings to Eoca and Mimi! It's great to have some more B5-a-holics on da 'Moot! Oh, crud, I gotta run!
B5 it up, ya!
Old 06-26-2004, 11:45 PM   #129
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I've only seen season one which I bought recently. I didn't catch it on TV unfortunately, so now I have to wait for them to come out on DVD. Aaahhhh!!!
Waiting for season four to come out. One more month. Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!
Old 06-27-2004, 12:06 PM   #130
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I'm still waiting Spike-TV to start running the series. They've been running TNG and DS9 for some time now and it's nice to see Quark but I miss Vir and "the Count".
Old 06-27-2004, 05:21 PM   #131
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Season 4 is out on DVD now guys! Maybe even season 5 is, I think 4 has been out for a while, at least in Canada.

I love Vir! Wasn't that scene between him and Ivanova hilarious when Vir was trying to explain Centauri sex?

Vir: And the six, well that's just...
Ivanova: (closes eyes) Stop! Okay, I get it...

Or something like that.

I miss Ivanova.
when she left after Marcuses death ("I should have boffed him at least once" )

She was such a witty and humorous character, even though she was also a tragic hero.
Quote:
Old 06-27-2004, 06:10 PM   #132
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Speak for yourself. It's not out in NZ until August. *despair*
Old 06-29-2004, 10:35 PM   #133
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*gives BoP an organge blossom*
*says whatever Elric said right before he gave the organge blossom to Sheridan... something about magic*
*despairs at her disappearing B5 knowledge*

You want despair? How about stupid TNT screwing up Crusade? It was intended to be another 5 year series, and I bet that it would have been great without their foolish interference. Let the genius JMS do his work. Oh well... at least there's B5 books I still haven't read...

Has anyone read the B5 books? Are they good? Do they stay true to the characters and story line?

Cheers and geekiness, Nurv
Quote:
Old 08-23-2004, 08:44 PM   #134
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, I got season 4 last week, and I'm just finished watching Endgame.

Marcus! *sniffle*
Old 08-24-2004, 10:23 AM   #135
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Anyone notice it was almost two months between the last two posts?
Old 08-25-2004, 03:10 PM   #136
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Two months! Waugh!

*cries about Marcus* If only they had planned it better the tragedy would have been avoided.

I personally think simply hiding the alien healing/torture machine away with only a few cryptic messages explaining roughly what it does and how dangerous it is was not a good idea. They knew it could be used for good. They should have brought it out in dire cases like they did for Garibaldi. Why would Ivanova (or anyone in a life threatening situation) be less deserving?

Speaking of dreadful plans, what about the Interstellar Alliance's plan (largely conceived by Sheridan) to have ONE person co-ordinating a key operation. I forget which episode it is (it has been a while since I've had the opportunity to watch B5). But it's the one where Garibaldi is solely responsible for alerting the White Star fleet on the important message of when the Centauri are moving. This failed because Garibaldi got drunk. But Garibaldi isn't only at fault here, because is it even possible for one person to stay alert 24/7? What if he had been assassinated by the Drakh? They knew there was some dark force behind the war. If there had been someone spelling him off, where the heck were they? Bah I say. Garibaldi RULES and I think the lame-o plan wasn't completely his fault like the rest of the crew make it out to be.

Comments, discussion? I hope you all subscribe to this thread!
Quote:
Old 09-29-2005, 07:22 AM   #137
JL.
Sapling

Joining late

Hello everyone!

Is it too late to join in?

Yours,
_____ Jan.
JL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:29 PM   #138
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Never too late, welcome aboard.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:50 PM   #139
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Garibaldi RULES and I think the lame-o plan wasn't completely his fault like the rest of the crew make it out to be.

Comments, discussion? I hope you all subscribe to this thread!
I liked the character because he was his own man. Faults, we all have 'em but he was a straight shootin honest guy.

BTW, Vir, Stephen Hurst, is in a SciFi 2005 movie playing this month on the channel......I forget the name, it was that blah.

Last edited by Spock : 09-29-2005 at 03:03 PM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #140
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

i saw the pilot :P

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote