Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 09:26 PM   #121
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

I don't know about that. Actually the worst place when it comes to driving that I've been yet is France. In Paris, if a driver sees a pedestrian, he speeds up. And if it's an old lady or a mother pushing a stroller, he steps on it and burns some rubber! Well, that may be an exaggeration . . . but I seriously almost got run over at least 5 times!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
Old 03-24-2002, 09:30 PM   #122
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yeah... they do that here, too, especially if you look remotely like a uni student...

Y'argh! And that reminds me! Why are people so anti-student??? Blimmin' Police State...
Old 03-24-2002, 10:16 PM   #123
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Y'argh! Don't really want to share this with y'all, but since it's a venting thread.... !

I live in an apartment building, and the guy next door to me ( we have balconies ), smokes every 5 minutes (okay, a slight exageration - but this is not my problem... bear with me): but while he smokes, he has a bad habit of ...er, how to describle this? Hoicking! You know, where you choke up the phlegm in your throat and spit it out? Yech. Anyway, he does this all the time! All I can hear is Hoick! Hoick! sccccrrrrrmmmm Ptoiey! Hoick! Hoick! Spit! Bleh. Even when I am watching a movie, or my music is cranked up to drown out his hoicking, I can still hear him...

Case in point, the other day, I was watching Moulin Rouge, and you know the end bit, the crucial end, where one of the characters dies (don't want to give it away, for those who haven't seen it yet), while this character was choking, and dying from consumption, and I swear to Eru, that Hoicky guy was hoicking in time with the character!!
Old 03-24-2002, 10:19 PM   #124
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I sense a lot of negative energy in this thread (of course since it's the venting thread). We must freshen it up a bit every now and again.
*opens vent and turns on industrial fan<woosh...hissss...gollum....meow...arf, arf...tisk, tisk...$#$#$%$@...mooo>*

There, nice and cool. You may start venting again.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 03-24-2002, 10:27 PM   #125
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
I sense a lot of negative energy in this thread (of course since it's the venting thread). We must freshen it up a bit every now and again.
*opens vent and turns on industrial fan<woosh...hissss...gollum....meow...arf, arf...tisk, tisk...$#$#$%$@...mooo>*

There, nice and cool. You may start venting again.
I am hoping, as I sit here typing this, that there are no cows, dogs, cats or tsking humans in MY ventilation system....
Old 03-24-2002, 11:34 PM   #126
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I hate it when people in hallways walk down the wrong side. RIGHT SIDE PEOPLE, RIGHT SIDE (I think)...or when they walk right next to each other when there is three or more, and refuse to move...GAH!

I hate how Ian McKellan didn't get best supporting actor, and tha EW wasn't even nominated for best actor!
Old 03-25-2002, 03:40 AM   #127
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I hate it when people sit on the stairs, especially when I'm trying to sweep them! And they have headphones on, so they don't hear when I ask them to move!!!
I hate it when there is a sort of a hierarchy of (sometimes or always) snotty people who think their are better than everyone! Like with birders, there's one guy who is sort of the most snotty, thinks he knows everything and nobody who knows less is worthy of birding with him, or even talking to him, then the people who complain about him can be just as bad sometimes!! And then it goes down in this whole hierarchy until me, and I'm at the bottom, which is really awful!!!!!!!

Okay, sorry, just had to vent. But that's what the thread is for, isn't it?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-25-2002, 01:50 PM   #128
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

GAHHHH! I couldn't watch the Oscars, and I was going to tape it, and then grrrrarfhgh, the tape didn't work, so now I can't watch them. But LOTR didn't win best pic anyhow...or best director..and Gandalf...uh..*cough* Sir Ian McKellan, I mean, didn't win either, though i think he should've. It still won four, though, so HUZZAH! for makeup and cinematography and for HOWARD SHORE!
Right. Just to add a lighter note.
Who do you refer to, Eruviel? In the birding complex, I mean...mostly they're not all that bad. Heh. Um...yeah...
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-26-2002, 02:56 AM   #129
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
Who do you refer to, Eruviel? In the birding complex, I mean...mostly they're not all that bad. Heh. Um...yeah...
-tano
I think it would be wise not to name any names, especially here, but I might tell you who I think is at the top sometime, especially seeing as he isn't in BirdWatch any more. . .*cough*

Back to the subject. . .
I hate it when I have to write an essay and it just isn't happening and so I come to entmoot and am happy until I realize I have a lot more writing to do.
I hate having to sell notecards to people, especially when nobody seems to want to buy them from me. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-26-2002, 03:23 AM   #130
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I hate it when I finally fix a bug and it creates another bug somewhere else.

*999 posts is ok but it's almost as good as the next number of posts.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 03-26-2002, 03:59 AM   #131
Eruviel Greenleaf

Congratulations, Arathorn, on your 999th, er, 1000th, or whatever, post. Wow, that's a lot of posts. . .

~I hate it when I can't figure out how to say what I want to say, especially during class discussions and such.
~I hate how long it takes to get anywhere on the bus (okay, it's not that bad, but it would be so much nicer if I could drive!)

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-26-2002, 07:13 AM   #132
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
A bit of politics

What I find somewhat surprising in the world of news today is the fact that communism is treated so lightly (especially in Sweden) and the fact (that term again) no one seems to remember Stalin and his exterminations of freedomslovers, jews and intellectuals (22 million sent to the death-camps of Siberia). Not to mention all the other communist-dictatorships in the world (Cambodia, Cuba, North-korea, China) and that people in those countries aren't/weren't allowed to say och print what they want/wanted. No, all everybody ever talks about Hitler, Hitler and nothing but Hitler and his croonies. Nazism was and is a horrid political monster, but communism isn't the least bit better.

//Grey_Wolf
Old 03-26-2002, 03:26 PM   #133
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

This will be the one and only post I will post on the entmoot for probably this day and the 2 next (that is if I ain't going in withdrawal and be forced to post to save my life) AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGG Cursed be projects and deadlines!!!! Curse them root and branch!!! Hatessss them!!! Be good while I'm fretting over my project. and keep some nice threads warm. See you...
Old 03-26-2002, 04:48 PM   #134
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
This will be the one and only post I will post on the entmoot for probably this day and the 2 next (that is if I ain't going in withdrawal and be forced to post to save my life) AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGG Cursed be projects and deadlines!!!! Curse them root and branch!!! Hatessss them!!! Be good while I'm fretting over my project. and keep some nice threads warm. See you...
I hear you... I'm supposed to be working on my research proposal that is due today
Old 03-26-2002, 10:07 PM   #135
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Yeah, I know what you mean. Two big papers to work on. . .We hatesss them forever!!!!!!!! Good luck with your project.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-26-2002, 10:10 PM   #136
olsonm
Elf Lord

[SIZE=large]LoTR is not a TRILOGY!!![/SIZE]

There, I've vented on that for the last time.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:22 PM   #137
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by olsonm
There, I've vented on that for the last time. [/B]
Heh...I doubt it.
I really hate it when you're sick and you have all this presure in your head and then you get about four hours of sleep, are perfectly miserable all day, and then feel guilty cause you didn't get any homework done. Yargh! I'm SICK for Eru's sake!
I also am really annoyed, because I keep wanting to called Eruviel "Eru" to save my typing fingers, but I know that ain't right! Yargh, you, you have a bad username. *paperbaps Eruviel!*
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-26-2002, 11:05 PM   #138
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I hate chemistry with a passion...

Stupid stupid chemistry.
Old 03-26-2002, 11:50 PM   #139
olsonm
Elf Lord

Aw man, chemistry is awesome SP! You must have a bad teacher!
Old 03-27-2002, 12:20 AM   #140
olsonm
Elf Lord

IhateitwhenthecomputerfreezesupandyouhaveleavetheE ntmootinthemiddleofapostwhileitreboots! GRRR! Hey, Nibs was right that did feel weird.
Closed Thread