Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 04:08 AM   #121
Mari
Elf Lady

No no no! This is wrong! Frustrated Ellysa walked back. She wasn't lost, but she had troubles finding the right way. She had taken a completely wrong turn earlier, but she was fairly sure she was near the exit now.
When she stood still, she smelt fresh air.
Aha! I was close after all! I knew it! Following her nose, Ellysa walked into a corridor. Was it her imagination or did it get lighter?
No, it wasn't her imagination!
Quickly she went on and she started running when she finally saw the exit.
"Nami, hold on!"

When she dashed out she nearly bumped into the two Avari. While continuing to head for camp she quickly yelled an explanation to them: "Nami is lost down there! I need more torches and people who are skilled in tracking to help me find her!"
In camp she took a few more torches and packed some food. Who knew how long it would take to find her?
She saw Carnehilion with Bahar and quickly walked over.
"Carnehilion, Nami is lost down there and we have to find her! Will you please help me?"

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 06-06-2008, 04:24 AM   #122
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

The dwarf, the man and the elf had approached the fork, and were heading eastwards into corridores darker and fouler than Quickleaf had yet to come upon.
"What drove them in here?" Quickleaf muttered. He held his light of Lorien high up with his dagger ready in his left hand, and they kept walking for a long time. Until they reached another fork, where four different corridores snaked onwards. The company stopped.

"They could be anywhere.." and Quickleaf let out a long shout in the clearest and sharpest voice he could muster down in this suffocating darkness, "Nami!! Ellysa!! Is there anyone out there?! Can anyone hear me!?"
Quickleaf held his light down, and faced Borin and Hedrim.
"Suggestions?"
Old 06-06-2008, 04:55 AM   #123
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami shuffled her foot along in the dirt as she walked.

"Well...its dark...yep dark...very dark..." After walking for quite a while Nami still had not found any sight of the exist.

Nami stood still in the middle of the room she found her self in, mostly bare and broken with with few bits of what Nami hoped where just chairs,

"Thats it Nami they're chairs not chains...or any other deathly devises...Right think Nami walking around is not getting you anywhere...should i stay here...i could get found but then they might just leave me or maybe Ellysa vision came true and i am all lone and everyones going to die oh oh no. I dont want to die." Panic raising, Nami stared wild eyed around her self.
"No no no..calm down" Nami took slow breaths.

Ellysa, hello. You're not dead are you? Nami finced at the loud noice she had made, "Oh i really hope there're nothing evil down here."
Old 06-06-2008, 05:43 AM   #124
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"Indeed, there's something there," Radagast said as he approached the fartest wall.

In it was set a round metal plate, three foot wide. There were dark markings around it on the wall. The wizard raised his torch. "Krimpa..." he read slowly. "So there was a prison!"

"In an archive?" Branwyn asked. "Could it be related to the Entwives?"

"Possibly, we will have to open it."
Old 06-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #125
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Tabrîl leapt to her feet as she heard quick footsteps approaching the entrance to the tunnels. She tensed, aware that whoever was making such a swift exit could well be running away from something, and it might follow. She peered into the darkness, hoping to determine what threat they now faced, but all she saw was Ellysa making her frantic dash for the outside.

Standing back, Tabrîl let her pass, but before she thought to stop her, the mortal girl had continued her flight from the caves, shouting something back to them. Something about Nami, and mention of a torch, that much Tabrîl had understood, but it was not enough that she could comprehend Ellysa's meaning.

Despite the fact that she was no longer on good terms with the younger elf, Tabrîl still felt a slight worry at this. She did not wish any harm to come to Nami, who despite being foolish and untrustworthy did not deserve such a fate as she might meet in the depths of Dol Guldur.

Again Tabrîl glanced towards the cave entrance. It had been their choice to go in there, she reminded herself. They had been warned away, and if they did not listen, that was hardly her fault.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:24 AM   #126
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Aelfwine took the Warg's leash a bit warily. She had never ridden a Warg, but now was not the time to let old fears overtake her. Climbing on the beast, Aelfwine leaned forward.
"Let's find the Wizard, Friend of my Friend," With that the Warg lurched forward in the direction of Radagast and Branwyn had gone. The Warg was different than a horse, of course, but he didn't seem to mind bearing her. Soon they came to the room where the two were. Jumping off the Warg, she'd have to ask Borin his name; she had forgotten, Aelfwine ran into the room.
"Radagast!" she said. She wanted to shout, but was afraid to speak above her normal voice. Radagast turned to her.
"Aelfwine? What..."
"We lost Nami and Ellysa," She said before he could speak the question. "They went down a seperate hall. Quickleaf, Hedrim and Borin went to find them. They are going back.. going east. They believe that is where we were seperated. I have Borin's Warg with me, so I did not come here alone," The last part was added so the Wizard would know she didn't venture away from the others alone.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 06-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #127
Midge
Faithful Gardener

When Haldis (as apparently she was called) slowly announced her name, Aerin relaxed a little bit. She'd almost finished her meal, and as she'd only just slept for ... a time, she wasn't sleepy anymore.

"Aerin is my name" she said in the Sindarin that Haldis had used. So she really didn't understand me, Aerin thought. "Do you happen to know where we are and how to get out?"
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #128
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis smiled in relief as the elf replied in Sindarin that she could understand, she replied, speaking a little more rapidly this time, "Aerin? Good name. I cannot claim to know where we are. But I have an idea of how to get out," Haldis got to her feet and retrieved the torch, "Can you walk? Stand and hold on to me as we walk. In this way, I think we may both find the entrance. If you see any rooms where records might be kept, say so. I am one of a company looking for such things."
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 06-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #129
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Outside the sun was now fully clouded behind thick and darkening clouds. A persistant wind had picked up, seemingly adding a tone of urgency to the rustling in the treetops. The promise of heavy rain hung in the air.

The camp was almost moved from between the trees to the safer, open spaces of Dol Guldur's ruins. The horses were penned between the highest, still standing walls where they would be best shielded against the storm. The adventurers were stacking the last of the luggage and supplies together, and covered them with one of the tent's water-tight canvases that was weighed down by stones. With wood and the tents they had been able to build a shelter for the coming rough weather.

The strange shadowy creature still roamed around the camp and the ruins, undisturbed by any magical wards or warnings of storm. Yet is was anxious, looking out from its hiding place to the entrance of Dol Guldur's underground. Would this strange collection of adventurers be the ones it had been waiting for? It was bothered by the presence of the two Elves at the entrance which prevented it from coming near unseen, condemning it to wait. So wait it did. It's ghostly neck-fur twitched with anticipation.

Soon, perhaps, the waiting would cease.

~~~

Radagast and Branwyn had managed to remove the strange metal plate from the wall. Behind is was still more metal, but this time it had a strange sort of lock and more markings. Radagast read them hastily, continually more convinced this strange prison was of importance.

It was right before he and Branwyn were about to open it, that Aelfwine entered with some bad news.

"Well, we better go and help finding our lost two lambs then," Radagast said.

"But what of this door?" Branwyn asked. The scholar's curiosity was peaked and it seemed such a waste to let the opportunity to learn what was behind pass so quickly.

Radagast too had to admit he was most curious. "I suppose a minute won't matter," he relented. "Stand back, the two of you."

With his staff he struck the metal door and shouted a command. "Edro, edro!!"

Within a heart-beat the sound of metal on metal could be heard and with a last moan, the lock moved on its own and the door swung open. All three stood motionless, peering into the darkness behind the metal door.

Then a short breath of wind came, neither cold or warm, almost like a sigh. There was a faint voice in the sigh, it seemed, a barely audible whisper.

"Free...."

Before anyone knew what happened, the wind gained strength, nearly throwing the three adventurers off their feet. Together with the gale, a multitude of small shapes poured out the hole in the wall, all of them nearly a spitting image of the shadowy marten that waited still above ground. For a moment they scattered across the floor of the small chamber, then they were gone, fast as the wind, into the dark corridors, accompanied by little chattering sounds. As soon as they were gone the gale died down and Radagast and his companions regained their footing.

"What was that?" Branwyn asked.

"I don't know," admitted the baffled wizard. "It seems Dol Guldur contains more mysteries than the one we try to solve. But for the moment there is little else we can do here. Let us return to the others. Perhaps things will become clearer later... Aelfwine, please lead the way." The wizard said as he turned towards the woman of Rohan.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #130
Amael
Elven Warrior

A'mael did something that wasn't often expected of her, if ever. She would raise her voice to the company. "Let us follow inward! I'm sure that I could be of some .... assistance." Ingwinis gave her an odd stare. "Yes, I believe we should go in, despite these day-dreams I have heard about. We will be okay. And yes, I know that even I am younger than Nami is. We shall be safe. There is little we need to worry about. I feel that they are okay, just that they've gotten a little lost is all." Ingwionis gave her the look he always gives her when she thinks her senses are more attuned than that of Ingwionis. "You wanted to scramble in there yourself before, remember? Now we do so enmasse." Ingwionis gave her another look, the "that's what I'm afraid of" or the "I've got a bad feeling about this" look. "I must seek council from Radagast. We do not go in without our master knowing of it first. He is the only of the White Council remaining, and as such we must show respect. He is your elder too, ya know. I would advise not going in without saying exacttly what we're going in for, either."

At that moment, she had realized Radagast had himself likely gone in. She had not paid attention much to what had gone on in the last few minutes as she had been staring at the sky again.

Last edited by Amael : 06-06-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #131
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Not wanting to spend her time in silence Nami had begain to sing odd songs as she walked along in the dark.

"This little light of mine, i'm gona let it shine, this little light of mine, i'm gona let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Not gonna let you touch it, No i'm gonna let it shine...what the!"

Nami jumped as something brushed her foot then her leg and hand. Looking down Nami saw strange pale creatures flowing over the floor. The force of them started to pull her along the ground with them.

"Oh oh." Nami hopped from one foot to the other, trying not to stand on the things. She eyes widened as her foot accidently went throw one as it ran past her.

As quick as they had came they had left and Nami was again alone wondering what had just happened.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #132
orithil
Captain Jack

"What do your Elven senses tell you Quickleaf? I have no suggestions except search both which might end up getting us lost" Hedrim scratched his chin thoughtfully.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #133
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Carnehillion was still up and about, repairing his saddle when Ellysa came flying out of Dol Guldur like a bat out of the subterrainian hell. He dimmly heard her say something towards the Dark Elves by the entrance as she breezed past them leavng them with confused looks. Mildly alarmed, Redplate put aside his work and stood up, clasping on his swordbelt and taking up his shield.

"Carnehilion, Nami is lost down there and we have to find her! Will you please help me?" Ellysa said as she hurried towards him. Carnehillion sighed and nodded, also picking up his helm and fastening it on his head.

"Catch your breath for a moment. Any idea or bearing on where she was last seen?" He asked as he handed Ellysa a spare torch and took one for himself.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #134
Mari
Elf Lady

"Yes, I know whereabout I lost her. I can find the way again. Shall we go?"
Relieved now that there was someone to help her, Ellysa let something inside her release and all of a sudden she started to shake all over.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 06-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #135
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

A sudden gust of strange wind ruffled Haldis' hair as she and Aerin walked in the dark, followed soon by a flowing shimmer in the shape of shadows, the sight of which surprised Haldis into stopping suddenly. She had seen such a shape as these shadows held before. As the last shadow marten vanished into the darkness ahead of them Haldis shook herself, Tightening her hold on Aerin's hand unconciously.
"We had best walk a bit faster," was all she said.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 06-07-2008, 12:50 AM   #136
Midge
Faithful Gardener

"I do not need your assistance. I've been clambering all around these forsaken passageways for at least a month." Aerin had already taken some hospitality from this old woman; she was now convinced that the woman was harmless, at any rate to her in this case. And it was in fact true - Aerin had been walking in Dol Guldur for what seemed like many long years now.

She stood up... and collapsed, barely having enough time to catch herself from hitting her head on the wall.

"What happened?" Aerin asked. Then she noticed a pain in her ankle that was different from all the other pain that came from just being here (the pain that she'd learned to ignore) and bent toward her foot to remove her boot. Her ankle was bright purple. "How did that happen? Did you see it, Haldis?"

The old woman shook her head, and Aerin shrugged. "I guess I must have twisted it badly when I passed out. I suppose I will need your assistance now, Haldis, and I am glad that you were not a vision from my exhaustion. Who knows what might have happened to me if I simply passed out from lack of sleep and no one were here to find me?"

With that, Haldis bent over and helped Aerin hoist herself up to a standing position. They began to make their way slowly toward what Haldis thought was the way out.

After they'd been traveling for quite some time (Haldis had been obliged to light a new torch), Aerin felt a blast of wind come from behind her. She'd only turned to Haldis to mention that they should be following the direction from which the wind was coming when what seemed like a huge herd of white mice, or white weasels, rushed around their feet. When the herd was almost past them, Aerin noticed that they were not going around her feet, but through them!

She turned to ask Haldis if she'd noticed this, but stopped short at the look on Haldis's face.

"We'd best walk a bit faster," said Haldis and with a determined look at the tunnel stretching ahead, she did so.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 06-07-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:15 AM   #137
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Noticing that Ellysa was starting to quiver from released panic, Carnehillion clapped her shoulders and grinned trying to keep her moving forward and not lose herself. "Right then, lead on and chin up. We'll find the elf one way or another; I don't think much harm will come to her from being a bit lost. After all, the White Lady was supposed to be one powerful she-elf. I'm sure she, her husband and their host did their job well. Come on then, lead on."

He gave her a gentle shove forward, back towards the tunnel entrance as Bahar irritatedly stamped a hoof. She wasn't keen on being left behind. Carnehillion laughed a bit. "Well, then if you want something to do, keep an eye out on these strange elves, and see to it that they dont kill one another or mess up the camp."

Remembering the strange antics of the supposedly majestic first born, Carnehillion snorted as they made their way down into the tunnel. I'm STILL not sure what that was all about. Pity... I would have paid money to see those dolts reenact the kinslaying. Certainly would cut down on the posturing. The light of their torches dissappeared into the lingering gloom of Dol Guldur, and with it a faintest murmer of Asshats...
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #138
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

After having to follow A'mael's orders on the matter and having to speak with Radagast prior to going in, the two were off to the desolation of Dol Guldur.

"Torches!!!" Ingwionis yelled. A'mael got two torches and tossed one to Ingwionis as he flew into the tunnels. Ingwionis pulled out his sword, in case some not-so-friendly being was responsible for Nami having gone missing.

They followed behind Ellysa and Carnehilion as they ran in.

Carnehilion signaled to Ingwionis to sheath his sword as he would most likely not need it, and Ingwoinis signaled that he agreed. Holding the sword slowed him down anyway. Nevertheless, he was ready for anything. A'mael looked tense and scared as she had not gone this far in before, she had only went just a bit into the tunnels to retrieve Ingwionis.

Ingwionis noticed that A'mael was outrunning him. "Slowly, slowly! This place is like an old abandoned mine. It isn't safe here, by any measure."

Carnehilion and Elyssa went up ahead. "This place can be quite dangerous. We must watch where we walk. There's a good chance that those who went in before us have disturbed the structure enough to make some of it give way, and even a small boulder the size of your fist falling from high can stun you or worse. Any ground that is unstable could vibrate the walls, depending on where we end up going." Ingwionis and the others slowed their pace as the others crept up ahead.

Ingwionis signaled to A'mael. "This way, Amaelamin." A'mael refused to go another way and said, "no, we must keep together. If you know how to get around unstable underground lairs, then we stand the best chance if you can warn us of anything you see that isn't right." Ingwionis shook his head and agreed. "Alright, let's keep going."
Old 06-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #139
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

"Right Nami, where is the exit?...Like i know where the exit is, if i know i'd be there by now!...Oh i'm talking to my self again...Crazy Nami lets what they will call me crazy weird Nami. Well lets if i ever get out of here."

Nami's foot connected with something solid, it rolled away from her, clatering down the hall. Looking down Nami followed the things path, trying to see what it was. As it hit the far wall and stopped Nami bent to look at it.
A dead burnt out torch lay lifeless on the ground.

"What?" Nami exclaimed. "Crazy Nami who walkes around in circles, thats my new name! So im lost in the dark going around in circles, how can this day get any worse?" Nami was suddenly plunged into darkness as her last torch died.
Nami let the dead torch drop to the ground. "I had to ask!"

Last edited by feawen : 06-07-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #140
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Truor had been listening to the rather loud but indistinct mutterings comng from the direction of the scent and the faint light ahead for some time now and as the dead torch feel to the ground with a clunk he rounded the corner, his own torch illuminating the face of a swiftly panicking elf.

Truor sighed upon seeing Nami, he didn't like elves much, they were either too silly or too serious for his taste.
"Got a bit lost, did you?" he asked, not needing an answer, that she had somehow got seperated from the companions who were supposed to be looking after each other and her down here was clear, "Well don't just stand there whimpering, come along, we'll get you out of here."

Haldis stopped once more, this time not out of fright or surprise, but because she had spotted something rather interesting. Momentarily please with her spell for leading her here she turned off of the tunnel they had been following and, pulling Aerin with her, entered a musty room. They had found another section of the archives.

Haldis set the torch in the holder by the doorway and started investigating the folios lining the walls, gesturing for Aerin to do the same, "We are looking for anything that might mention the fate of the Entwives," she explained, "We must search fast, I have only one torch left after this one burns down and I cannot be certain that I will be able to find this room again."

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Closed Thread