Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-25-2006, 08:59 PM   #121
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by durinsbane2244
why you filthy little...yeah, yeah, we all try now and then...
You mean, you've done it yourself? I knew it! I knew I wasn't the only one who was nuts...

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:05 AM   #122
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Stop clattering up the thread, you two! Wat's ths i'm hearng now.....
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:39 AM   #123
jammi567

Please look at the new chapter, as i doesn't seem to be as popular now as the other six have been.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:19 AM   #124
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

That's too bad, because I think Durinsbane did a great job. Maybe people are just busy right now, but they'll show up.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:26 AM   #125
jammi567

Totally agree with you there. i don't want to be hard on the other chapter summoners (including myself.......) but it's true.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:35 AM   #126
jammi567

Has anyone seen ireth lately?

Old 10-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #127
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

No, I haven't seen her for a while. Is she due to do the next chapter? You could PM her about it, see if she responds.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:03 PM   #128
jammi567

i have and she hasn't.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #129
jammi567

quick question. did anyone do the WOMBAT grade two test on J.K's offical site? because guess who got an outstanding on it.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #130
Ireth
Elven Warrior

Hey, sorry for being gone, people. I'm here and I'll do chapter 8, come Saturday.
And where dusk comes, God's hand to you

Last edited by Ireth : 10-06-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Ireth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #131
jammi567

that's alright. just so long as you do post your chapter on time, and take part on some of the diacussion on it.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #132
jammi567

Following the release of the sixth Harry Potter book, rumors have been abuzz concerning the identity of RAB, the mysterious character who left a note in the cave in the novel's closing chapters. So far, JK has remained relatively tight-lipped on the subject, although she said Regulus Black, Sirius' brother, was a "fine guess" in the MN/TLC interview last summer. Subsequently, "Arcturus" was suggested by fans as the late Death Eater's middle name after the name of a certain star.

Now, the Portuguese HP translator, Isabel Nunes, has reportedly confirmed this in an interview with a Portuguese fan site. Apparently, before Book 6 hit shelves, she contacted Jo about the character's gender, and was told the full name as well as the gender. Her reason for shedding light on the topic at this point is to "keep awake" the excitement for the seventh book. In the past, Nunes also clarified that Blaise Zabini is a man and Professor Sinistra is a woman.

While Nunes would not make this up, my hesitation lies on whether or not she actually said it. I'm assuming the translators are obligated to sign a confidentiality contract pertaining to the discussion of classified information. For the moment, take it - as always when the news doesn't come from Jo - with a pinch of salt and we'll update you when we have more (though, I personally hope JK doesn't comment so as to keep us wondering).

Old 10-13-2006, 02:17 AM   #133
jammi567

come on people. is this new chapter too boring for you or what?

Old 10-14-2006, 07:54 AM   #134
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Wow, Jammi, you got an Outstanding? Cool... I got an Exceeds Expectations.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:41 AM   #135
jammi567

i'm so good, i know.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:55 AM   #136
jammi567

come on people, lets do some more discussion for this chapter. this is the poorest chapter done so far.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:00 PM   #137
jammi567

Serenoli has offered to do both chapters 9 and 10 at once. i've agreed to this, and so this means that the dates have gone back to what they were before the loooooooooooooooooooong delay ages ago now.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:08 PM   #138
jammi567

Terry Gilliam, the acclaimed director Warner Bros. turned down for Sorcerer's Stone, said in a new interview that he has no intention to direct either Movie 6 or 7, debunking previous rumors that he would. "Warner Bros. had their chance the first time around, and they blew it. It's a factory job, that's what it is, and I know the way it's done. I've had too many friends work on those movies. I know the way it works, and that's not the way I work."

Gilliam went on to discuss what his Potter movie would have been like:

"Alfonso Cuaron's [Prisoner of Azkaban] is really good, but the first two I thought were just bad. They missed the whole point of it; they missed the magic of it... Alfonso did something much closer to what I would've done."

Old 10-21-2006, 05:34 AM   #139
jammi567

Scientists create real invisibility cloak

Using technology designed to make solid objects vanish from sight, a team of US and British scientists have built the world's first cloaking device. It works like a mirage, where heat causes the bending of light rays and cloaks the road ahead behind an image of the sky.

However, David Smith, who led the experiments, said: "It's not yet clear that you're going to get the invisibility that everyone thinks about with Harry Potter's cloak or the Star Trek cloaking device."

"The cloak reduces both an object's reflection and its shadow, either of which would enable its detection."

Old 10-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #140
Serenoli

I have posted chapters 9 and 10. Everyone take a look! And can someone stick it up?