Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2006, 09:40 PM   #121
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Well," Willow began slowly, "that would all depend on where we want to go and what we want to do."

"Meaning?" Colomir encouraged.

"Meaning are we going to track down Arwen, track down Elrohir or help the dwarves save Moria from evil?"

"All of the above, I'm thinking," Acalewia mumbled.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Lady Willow Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #122
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

"I think the better question would be which do we do first" Acalewia said. She stood and staggered catching herself on the wall. Colomir steadied her.
"Does Moria have that effect on all Elves?" The half-elf gave Colomir a dirty look.
"It didn't have that effect on Legolas when I was here the first time" Aragorn said. "Unless a new evil has arisen" He placed a hand on Acalewia's forehead. She jerked back and gave him the same look she had been giving Colomir.
"Will the two of you stop that!"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #123
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow stood up and placed a hand just over the air in front of Acalewia's body. She closed her eyes, breathing deeply. "Cold," she murmured. "So cold."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #124
Acalewia

"She's been this way since we entered Moria" Colomir said. "Do you think it could be something to do with the Evil here?"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #125
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"I'd be surprised if it didn't," Willow said thoughtfully.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #126
Acalewia

Acalewia rolled her eyes.
"We can talk about this Evil and its effects on Elves later. If Elrohir hasn't done anything to Arwen yet, he may do it now that he thinks you're dead" Acalewia said, giving the two men glares. "Time may be running out for her"

Old 07-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #127
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

Down some distance in the darkness came the sound of creaking and scrabbling as if something was moving on multiple legs. Something like twigs was scraping up against the stone walls of Moria. The darkness seemed to deepen. Then out of it shone two yellow eyes like lanterns. After a moment the two lanterns went out. More scrabbling and wooden sounding creaking. There was a sound like a nut dropping on the stone floor. It rolled on the floor until it came to a stop near Lady Willow Rose' foot. It was a Walnut!

The creature creaked to itself. "They stole my plaything. I want it back!" The great shadow clung to the wall trying to make itself smaller.

Just call me Oakie
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:43 PM   #128
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow picked up the walnut and frowned. "This looks familiar." She sniffed it thoughtfully before licking its shell. "Tastes familiar, too."

Old 07-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #129
Huorn
Elven Warrior

The shadow eyed Willow Rose out of the darkness that concealed it. It was none other than Choke Root, a former owner of the stone. She had been trailing this company since it had picked up the stone from the slain dwarf.

Just call me Oakie
Old 07-21-2006, 07:05 PM   #130
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow pocketed the acorn, resolved to think on the matter at a later date. "I have an idea as to how we shall find the Lady Arwen. But I'll need Acalewia's help."

Old 07-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #131
Acalewia

Acalewia turned at the mention of her name. She had been trying to sense Arwen.
"What is your idea, Willow?"

Old 07-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #132
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow picked up one of the smoother stones there on the floor and said, "I'm going to need some of your blood to coat this stone with. Like attracts like, you see? Arwen has Elvish blood, you have Elvish blood. I'm sure you understand the theory."

Old 07-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #133
Acalewia

"You are going to use a stone with my blood to find Arwen?" Acalewia asked. Willow nodded.
"It's worth the shot, Tracker" Aragorn said. Acalewia gave him yet another dirty look.
"The things I do for you, Strider, should have killed me a long time ago" she said as she drew one of the daggers from her boot and cut her palm. Willow handed her the stone and Acalewia covered it with the blood from the cut.
She's barely alive, Willow. I hope this works She handed the stone back to Willow.

Old 07-23-2006, 09:52 PM   #134
Huorn
Elven Warrior

From the shadows, Choke Root watched as Acalewia slit the palm of her own hand and was handed a stone. Acalewia covered the stone in her own blood. This was an odd act. Kelvar people were strange folk. Choke Root wanted to shrink back. She would never diliberately cut her own bark and smear her sap on anything.

Just call me Oakie

Last edited by Huorn : 07-24-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:45 PM   #135
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

"Aragorn, what is the meaning of your deception?" Legolas melted out of the darkness with Alatar and the dwarves.

"Legolas, I did not think I could fool you for very long nor you good Gimli, but it was necesarry, we need to make all the speed we can" Aragorn replied surprised that they had been tracked down so soon.

Alatar sighed "I agree time is short, but the way in which you try to speed things was foolish, the dwarves know this place as none other, and it will be much quicker if we have them guide us" he said quietly and he didn't even seem grumpy for a change.

"but where should we start at?" asked Acalwecia.

"the lower halls, all evil is being drawn there..." he was quiet for a moment "Lady Willow I need to speak to and Aragorn alone".
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:40 PM   #136
Acalewia

Acalewia glanced over at Willow and Aragorn as she wrapped a cloth around her hand. Colomir relaxed after seeing it was Alatar and his compainions. Aragorn nodded and she and Colomir moved away from the three.
"It is good to see you, Greenleaf" Acalewia said, touching Legolas' arm. He was warm and no doubt he could feel her icy touch. It was not the evil of Moria; something had singled her out.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:57 AM   #137
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

"what is it?" Willow asked as the three of them moved away.

"The valar have spoken our fates our intertwined, all three of us" Alatar replied. "This enemy is older than the Balrog of Morgoth, older perhaps as Morgoth himself, I have been given narya, and the power of the greatest of Istar, but I cannot defeat this alone".

"what can we do? swords will be of little use" Aragorn asked

"I must ask you Aragorn once we find Arwen you need to lead all of them away, leave this battle to me and Willow thats all I ask" Alatar sighed and fingered the ring of fire.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:17 PM   #138
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow watched Aragorn's reaction closely and when she saw that he was about to argue she quickly changed the subject.

"Speaking of Arwen, I really do need to get started on that before the blood turns hard." She stepped away from the two men, holding the stone up high.

Elven blood...

Willow concentrated on the grace the Valar had bestowed upon the race of Elves.

Elven magic...

"What is she doing?" Alatar asked.

She-Elf...

"She did not tell us," Aragorn replied quietly.

Where?

Willow opened her eyes and they glowed silver. She walked away from the group, into the shadows, still holding the stone.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:24 AM   #139
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

It was then that a shadow fell over the room. A shadow roughly the shape of a man, seeming to glide towards the group. It raised an empty hand, and pointed at Acalewia.

Feel the poison...succumb...

She fell back to the floor, feeling the sickness trying to take hold of her. The shadow let out a hollow laugh, and turned to the others. It raised a sword, a sword sheathed in a greenish light. The figure slowly glided forward. Darkness. And it felt the Mithrilstone.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:57 AM   #140
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow freezed on her path to Arwen. She quickly memorized the path to the wounded Elf and ran back. The light that had once been in the small clearing had vanished. Willow stood very still and waiting for the dark creature to acknowledge her.