Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > C.S. Lewis
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-16-2006, 12:41 PM   #121
inked
Elf Lord

Info on Adamson, DVD's, Caspian, et alia

http://www.narniafans.com/?id=785
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #122
inked
Elf Lord

"To Kill a Mockingbird" as template for Aslan?

See here: http://www.narniafans.com/?id=786
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 02-19-2006, 03:38 PM   #123
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
yeah it was Adamsons's idea, but when someone mentioned the religious symboolysim of that line to him he had no idea of trying to do that; he was just trying to give the scene "closure".
hmm....

Inked, those links arent working for me.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #124
inked
Elf Lord

HB, the links seem to be working for me, but got to narniafans.com and check out the article from 16 Feb.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #125
inked
Elf Lord

Narnia wins BAFTA award, as does MR. Tumnus (James McAvoy)! http://www.narniafans.com/?id=787

Old 02-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #126
inked
Elf Lord

LWW costume designer wins first ever award for fantasy by the Designers Guild:
http://www.narniafans.com/?id=791

and, unheard of co-operation for CGI among 3 rivals results in award nomination:
http://www.narniafans.com/?id=793

Last edited by inked : 02-28-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #127
inked
Elf Lord

Multiple news items.

Last Narnia film in 2017? http://www.narniafans.com/?id=794

AWARDS http://www.narniafans.com/?id=796

Narnia and Penguins Awarded top honors http://www.narniafans.com/?id=797

Old 03-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #128
inked
Elf Lord

Narnia is numero uno in world:
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...E-OVERSEAS.xml

Old 03-08-2006, 06:31 PM   #129
inked
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
Hollywood and Christians and film: A review of interest
http://orthodoxytoday.org/articles6/KeatingFilm.php
Old 03-20-2006, 12:55 PM   #130
inked
Elf Lord

Stats and figures: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdow...=holiday05.htm

LLW/HPGoF/Kong
Old 03-20-2006, 03:45 PM   #131
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

I went to see all of those movies! Harry Potter on Thanksgiving, Chronicles of Narnia on Christmas, and King Kong on New Years! I think The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was the best.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:12 AM   #132
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

I picked up the DVD on Friday - but we still haven't had a chance to watch it.

My wife didn't see it at the theater with me, so I'm hoping to share it with her soon. She wants to give her approval before our oldest gets to see it (he's 8 in another week or so - she wants to feel confident he won't get bad dreams from it).

Our second is 5 - but he got scared when George got in trouble in "Curious George" - so we'll definitely let HIM get a little older.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:08 AM   #133
GreyMouser
Elven Warrior

Yes, it was a great movie; more faithful to the book than LoTR
Though of course the fun part is the nitpicking.

First shock- Lucy's golden hair- though theyoung actress was great.
Didn't like the Professor- "act like a family" instead of "I suggest everybody mnding their own business"- Disney vs. crusty Oxford Profesor (like Bilbo/Frodo/Sam in "The Fellowship")

Beavers- Cockneys?!?!?!- these are rural ,earthy creatures, not sharp-tongued Londoners.

Waterfall scene- To the directors (and Peter Jackson)- you have to take liberties to make it into a movie, not a film of a book, but one of the reasons these books are so popular is that their authors are supreme story-tellers- so, adapt, cut, even augment- but don't imagine that you can write beter scenes.

Aslan- agree with Rhirrim about James Earl Jones- Liam doesn't have enough thunder.

The Witch- didn't like her at first- my vision has jet-black hair, blood-red lips and snow-white skin (I think that is Jadis, after she eats the apple in "The Magicians Nephew")

Anyway, this is just picky- an excellent adaptation- I'm going out to get the DVD
GreyMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:00 AM   #134
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

yeah, the twitty professor was really irritating - but he redeemed himself somewhat at the very end bit after the credits - I like how he played that scene (roughly "you can't get back that way - I've tried ...")

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:09 PM   #135
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Strider

My family has the DvD now, every time I see it i worry about one of the kids sticking their toung to the lampost
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #136
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

I bought the Collectors Edition the week end it came out. I love it. Great movie. It took me three viewing before I saw the ankleslicers. (petty cool but i don't remember them in the books). I have to say the extra stuff is nifty.

Rian, the quote is "You can't get back in that way. You see, I've already tried."

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:08 PM   #137
inked
Elf Lord

see here for an interesting link....
http://www.narniafans.com/?id=848

Old 05-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #138
inked
Elf Lord

The White Witch aka Tilda is actually arguing that Lewis wrote LWW as an anti-religious book.

See here: http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/may/06050810.html

Could you imagine a conversation between her and the anti-Lewis author of HIS DARK MATERIALS? Now, that could be entertainment.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:19 PM   #139
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

You've got to be kidding. Please tell me you're kidding. She actually believes that??
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #140
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote