Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2005, 06:05 AM   #121
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Hey Nurv - you like my new avatar? -

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:35 AM   #122
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Yeah it's great! I screencapped the original. For progeny.

Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:58 AM   #123
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Yeah it's great! I screencapped the original. For progeny.
I wonder what SGH will say whe she sees that I've chnaged the avatar she gave me to say what I WANTED it to say.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 04-02-2005, 07:14 AM   #124
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Hehe, I liked "I duped you all into spending millions. Ha ha ha ha!!!" But... drawn and quartered? You're one scary dude JD.

You made that avatar pretty quickly. Any chance you want to take on the great avatar project? (Discussed above)
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 04-02-2005, 07:20 AM   #125
jerseydevil

Quote:
Hehe, I liked "I duped you all into spending millions. Ha ha ha ha!!!" But... drawn and quartered? You're one scary dude JD.
Oh - you know I always called on jackson to be drawn and quartered. Remember when i set up that thread in the movie forum to discuss going to New Zealand to tar and feather him? it was priceless.
Quote:
You made that avatar pretty quickly. Any chance you want to take on the great avatar project? (Discussed above)
I think the idea was gotten because I made the morphing avatar that goes from the blue kitten to the tiger. It wouldn't take any time to do it actually at all - all I have to do is save the various avatars and thne combine them.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 04-02-2005, 07:54 AM   #126
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
It wouldn't take any time to do it actually at all - all I have to do is save the various avatars and thne combine them.
There is a limit though, the combined avatars mustn't be bigger than 19.5 KB
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:08 AM   #127
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
There is a limit though, the combined avatars mustn't be bigger than 19.5 KB
They weren't talking about having them to wear I thought - just to post in this thread. But yeah - I knew that if it was to use as a wearing thing - it woudln't work. Hanza's alone would take up most of it. The Cat to tiger one I did required me to put it at 30% quality loss because it didn't fit in the limit otherwise.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 04-02-2005, 08:58 AM   #128
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Well JDs current avatar has 8 frames, what if we had a few, with 8 avatars? (Like I said before, I probably wouldn't change my avatar anyway. I just think it's a cool project.)

I'm in the process of installing GIMP, maybe I can make it myself.
Quote:
Old 04-02-2005, 09:02 AM   #129
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh - you know I always called on jackson to be drawn and quartered. Remember when i set up that thread in the movie forum to discuss going to New Zealand to tar and feather him? it was priceless.
I don't think I was around for that, but I remember reading some of that thread. You should go bump it. For old time's sake.

Quote:
I think the idea was gotten because I made the morphing avatar that goes from the blue kitten to the tiger. It wouldn't take any time to do it actually at all - all I have to do is save the various avatars and thne combine them.
Yes, I was inspired. I think it would be even better if the cat and the tiger were facing the same direction. All you have to do is flip one horizontally! I think you could still keep the two sets of eyes in the same place. I think that's quite cool. Makes the morphing more realistic.

Does anyone else have GIMP? It's a free image manipulating program. Google "GIMP" and the official page is the first hit.
Quote:
Old 04-02-2005, 09:07 AM   #130
jerseydevil

Quote:
Yes, I was inspired. I think it would be even better if the cat and the tiger were facing the same direction. All you have to do is flip one horizontally! I think you could still keep the two sets of eyes in the same place. I think that's quite cool. Makes the morphing more realistic.
Actually the eyes wouldn't be in the same position then - becaue of them are off to the right. If I flipped one than the head would be toward the left. The body would be int he right position - but the head wouldn't be. The heads wouldn't even be over each other.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 04-02-2005, 09:13 AM   #131
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Well JDs current avatar has 8 frames, what if we had a few, with 8 avatars? (Like I said before, I probably wouldn't change my avatar anyway. I just think it's a cool project.)

I'm in the process of installing GIMP, maybe I can make it myself.
Sounds cool. I might possibly be interest in one, but I'm quite attached to my current av at the moment.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:40 AM   #132
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Why thank you Telcontar!

Quote:
Actually the eyes wouldn't be in the same position then - becaue of them are off to the right. If I flipped one than the head would be toward the left. The body would be int he right position - but the head wouldn't be. The heads wouldn't even be over each other.
If you flipped the tiger picture, you could. As long as you had originally cropped that picture to make it fit. You could flip the larger one, if it exists, and then crop it. That was my thought anyway, but no biggie.
Quote:
Old 04-02-2005, 04:30 PM   #133
jerseydevil

Quote:
If you flipped the tiger picture, you could. As long as you had originally cropped that picture to make it fit. You could flip the larger one, if it exists, and then crop it. That was my thought anyway, but no biggie.
won't work because they're both off centered. It just so happens that both their heads line up perfectly - even the eyes which is the key thing.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 04-03-2005, 05:11 AM   #134
Lenya
Elentári

Quote:
Hey Nurv - you like my new avatar? -

I love it!
Lenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 05:46 AM   #135
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Please can i have an avator with aragorn in his strider cloak
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:10 AM   #136
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Ooh! I'll make that!

Yay, a custom order!

One Strider with cloak coming right up!

EDIT: I have three choices for you...

Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 04-03-2005 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:10 AM   #137
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Thanks

I Love Them,They Are really Good.

THANKS!!!!!
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Last edited by strider8 : 04-03-2005 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:45 PM   #138
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

A psychedelic one:

i might use this myself, sometime
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #139
strider8
Elven Warrior

i would like to ask you to shrink me a picture but i dont know to get it up on the moot

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

Old 04-03-2005, 02:10 PM   #140
strider8
Elven Warrior

How Did You Get That Face?,it Isnt Listed On My Set Of Faces