Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #121
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

A young man was walking along the piers of Mithlond. A bottle of ale in one hand and the other in his belt loop. He was a sailor as anyone could tell. The tatto and manner could be seen by a blind man. And just like a sailor, he hated being on land.

"Bugger all, I need me a ship to set on...And not one of these bloody elvish nanncycrafts! An honest to gods PIRATE SHIP." And of course, in accordance to fate, the laws of irony and the narrator's whim, there was a ship. A beaten up, listing, scrap pile of a ship. But a ship none the less.

Interested, he made his way to the forlorn ship, and in doing so, bumped into a "bloody ninny elf" named Cirdan.

"Watch where you go, seafairer." He brushed off his robes.

"I now exactly where I am going, old one. Perhaps you should use those elvish eyes and effimate grace them bards be harping about." And in his usual bored, destructive mood, was about to start a fight when his attention was caught again by the crew of the limping ship.

Apperantly they were trying to lift some materials on deck with a winch crane that had seen better days. Crew running helter skelter to aviod bing squashed by the wobbly,wayward load.With a nod their way, "These seem to be...Interesting folk. Not the kind you usualy see around here."

With a scowl, the elf lord glanced their direction. "And they shan't be staying much longer, I don't harbor their kind here. Bloody Pirates."

They heard a loud crash and numerous curses shouted in numeorous tongues comming from the ship. With eyebrows raised, he made his way toward the scene of the commotion, calling over his shoulder to Cirdan, "If what you say, then you shall be rid of two for the price of one!"

Lending a hand picking up some lumber and various other capentry goods, he made his way to a tall, pretty, RAVEN HAIRED elf with sewing equipment and a fluffy looking red head towards the aft of the ship.

"Looks like you lot need a skilled hand on this vessel. If she is indeed a ship of some sort and not a floating lumber yard?" he adressed this to the woman, giving a nod to the red headed, and as he then noted, FANGED man.

"and who might the skilled hands belong to?" FANG was eyeing him.

"Koroush, least, last time I checked that the were still attached that is."
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 01-15-2005 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #122
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien looked over Koroush.

Luthien: The first step to seeking employment aboard a ship such as this is a little respect for the vessel you'll be sailin'. No sense in hirin' ya if you don't give a d*** about it. You'll have to take it up with the captain, but you seem to be able-bodied enough. What 'skills' can you offer the Nal?
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting

Last edited by Indril Anarion : 01-09-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:17 PM   #123
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
OOC: *twitch* yay *twitch*

Waif: My name is not important as I am only here to serve. I will do whatever you ask of me. You do not trust me. You should. I am a very hard worker and I find much fulfillment in taking orders. If I were allowed ask one thing of you, it would be that you would not throw me in the brig as I cannot stand being unproductive.

OOC: I also suck at posting. boop

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 01-09-2005, 09:39 PM   #124
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

faligorn drained his cup, and headed for the door, following sicirus is the boat docked far from the tavern? he asked, not quite knowing what sort of "small talk" to make with a professional pirate the weather is favourable, bless eru, isn't it? he went on
Old 01-10-2005, 02:42 AM   #125
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Gulio followed Sicirus, eager to be *doing* something again. Not that sitting around drinking was bad, but she needed a change of scenery. Their little group reached the harbor, and Gulio tried to pick out which ship was the Nal. She couldn't. They all looked mostly the same to her, for she hadn't spent much time around ships.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #126
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
Tom Bombadil

occ: hey!!! what about me????

Lostyia: *stared at this weird elf and repeated her self* I here you are need of ppl for a crew? I am good with my hands and have apprenticed in the healing arts.

occ: oh, gosh gotta go.
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Old 01-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #127
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel: *raises an eyebrow* So your name is Not Important, well then, we can call you that from now on until you provide us with a proper name. What I'd like to know is how you found us, and believe me, I find that very important.

*Eärniel was feeling slightly annoyed, the night had not been a great one and had ruined her good mood. Now this ... waif turned up out of the blue, claiming Willow wanted them to follow. Eärniel was becoming less sure just what to think of Tano and Willow: they had deserted the ship in the middle of battle and took the Wine with them. And now they wanted to Nal and crew to sail to another strange world to meet them there. Eärniel wondered whether the two deserters had gotten cold feet when they realised the Nal would hunt them down no matter what and wanted to lure the crew into some kind of trap, or were their intentions genuine? Nevertheless, Eärniel wasn't planning on simply following Willows 'bidding', and judging by the look of the captain, neither was Xen. Behind her she heard the rest of the crew that had come down quietly converse while they were dividing bunks and sleepingplaces among themselves. *
Old 01-10-2005, 07:01 PM   #128
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

OOC: No, I don't think I will be called that.

Waif: Well, if I must be called something (ooc:even though I am nothing and that is a completely different story ic call me Bob. That is a suitable name for a servant in my position. I found you by means of both a map and a type of, what would you call it, homing signal which I am not at liberty to discuss.

OOC: From henceforth the waif shall be called Bob. Urg, I hate names.

Old 01-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #129
Earniel

Eärniel: Okay then, Bob. A homing signal? That's not really something pirates like to hear, mate. We like to remain unfound, me especially after tonight. So ye might be discussin' that info before this trip over if I have a say in the matter. Incidentally, do you intend to use that homing signal to lead us to Willow as well?
Old 01-10-2005, 07:42 PM   #130
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

OOC: GAR! that's all I have to say to you.

Bob: I am an Other: a bit left over from when the world was made. I can automatically find anything from that world, whereever it may be.

*There was a slight pause.*

Earniel: You HAVE to be joking.

Bob: On the contrary, at my present state I am incapable of making up creative untruths.

OOC: POOOOOOOP!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 09:04 AM   #131
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

OOC: Lostyia. Read these rules before you post again. And I suggest you read the rest of that thread too. Everyone else, my last post contains a quick summary.
------------------------------

There was a moment of silence, in which XK stared thoughtfully at Bob. Bob, however, sat swinging her legs gently and looking around the cabin. The captain sighed and stood up, walking around her desk to stand directly in front of the Count.

XK: Count Comfect.
CC: Yes?
XK: Where is Luthien?

CC looks at the faces of each of the crew, then frowns. He steps back and out of the room for a second, glancing both ways down the corridor. He comes back in and looks at Pansy and Tiny, but they shrug their shoulders.

CC: Er...she was behind us. She was...shall I go and look for her, captain?
XK: No. No, we shall wait here for her.

XK continues walking in front of the crew, and looks down at Tiny.

XK: When can you cook, eh? Did I hear that?
Tiny: I...
XK: Impatient little elf, aren't we? If I were you I'd pipe down and wait in line for your orders, else you'll be back on land before you can blink.

She turned away from the crew and back to her first mate, who was watching Bob very, very carefully.

XK: Eärniel, might I ask you to show these young fellows to their bunks? I'll wait with the prisoner until you get back.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-11-2005, 12:18 PM   #132
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Ic: Sicirus lead the new rcruits to the fermiliar ship docked near the end of the long rows of weathered looking ships and bade them all follow. Before she could actually board the vesil(sp) a strnag elooking character caught her attaentionas he talked to Luthien who looked rather annoyed at him.

Sicirus: Hello mate?

Luthien: Hello Sicirus will you please excuse me I have a meeting with the Captain.

Sicirus: *nods and looks at the pirate staring at her now* What be your business here?
Old 01-11-2005, 02:03 PM   #133
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

(I take it the pirate was me)

"I am looking for a berth on this ship, I am a pirate as good as any and worth his salt, but I am also a carpenter by training," With a sidleong glance he added, "and you might very well need one." The pirate looked at Koroush and just stood there.

"I see, well, um....need a spot?"

"I am gonna follow that dark haired woman, see where that gets me. And yes, if you could show me later that would be appreciated." Koroush left and ran after the dress tail he saw going around a corner. Since he didnt know the ship, he didn't know that the Captian's cabin was right where the woman stopped. So he bumped into her and sent her sprawling onto the ground, tripping himself too.

"Watch it, you oaf! I have half a mind to throw you over board!"

"Ah, sorry, didnt know you stopped." He attempted to help the flopped elf maid to her feet but she smacked him away. He suddenly became aware of the people in the cabin looking at them.

Standing straight and brushing himself off, "Name's Koroush, and I am looking for a berth on this ship. I've served many pirates before an I am useful enough in areas aside from knocking over elf maids. What be the name of the ship and who is the captian I might be serving?"
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 03-19-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #134
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel moved to stand next to Tiny as Eärniel and "Bob" discussed the finer points of creative untruths.*

Nurv (quietly, to Tiny): If you want to go organize the galley the way you like it and start cooking, I'm sure you could do this after we've been given our orders.
Tiny (quietly, smiling): I'm pretty sure my orders are going to be "cook food".
Nurvingiel (quietly): Excellent point friend, and believe me, I'm looking forward to it. But I bet the captain will have something important to say to all of us.

*Tiny nods in agreement, and the two crewmates wait for their orders.*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #135
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

*Pansy shuffles over to where Nurvingiel and Tiny were whispering nearby and caught their conversation.*

Pansy *to Tiny quietly*: Think you could manage to put carrots into our cuisine? I've brought my own tea, but it's a lot easier to carry around than carrots, you see?
Tiny *looks uncertainly*: Er–sure. I can work with carrots...
Pansy *grins*: I'm delighted!

*Pansy shuts up when she gets the feeling that if they talked any longer she might be in the kitchen with Tiny–scrubbing dishes.*

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
Old 01-11-2005, 04:44 PM   #136
Earniel

*Eärniel closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. If many more of these new recrutes kept popping up at the rate this was going, she and the senior crew were going to have a tough few days ahead. *

Eärniel: *indicates Xen with a short nod of her head* This is our captain and I advise you to show her more curtesy than you did our helmswoman, if ye want to be hired and not keelhauled. *addresses the new recruits* Follow me, I'll show you your bunks.

*Knowing the captain, Eärniel was sure she could leave Xen with both Bob and the newcomer. And she was glad to get out of the slightly crowded cabin.*
Old 01-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #137
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Okay I guess Karoush doesn't need to talk to me so I will just board the ship. By the way there seems to be two other people who want to join so I don't know when I will be going back out or not.

Sicirus followed Luthien and the new pirate who named himself Karoush onto the ship and into the captains cabin. earniel was to show the new recruits to their new quarters and Sicirus decided she would stay back and ask the Xen one more thing before they decided to leave the docks and set off to see.

Sicirus: Cap? Do you think I should return to the pub and check if there are anymore worthy sailors? *glances at odd person next to captain but figures she is apparently not dead so must be of some use then turns back to the Xen*
Old 01-11-2005, 07:39 PM   #138
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

after following sicirus aboard, faligorn began working around the crew, getting to know the other recruits
hello, i am faligorn, of the house of the Elendili of Gondor he said to an elf, who identified herself as nurvingiel
Old 01-11-2005, 08:22 PM   #139
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

went back to talk to Eärniel
Yea thatd be great...nice I'll go to the galley in a minute. Who is that pansy anyway? Where does Pansy work? Like on the ship...but where?

As Captain Zen walks away Tiny screams something

Tiny: Captain Zen! I am done my orders, I've quit and I offically with you guys working. And I'm going to the galley to go set it up the way I like it. Like always...Mumbles No one ever listens to me...like always.
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-12-2005, 03:39 AM   #140
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel was slightly distracted, wondering if she had done something to offend the helmswoman. She realized it was possible, she didn't yet know the helmswoman's name.*

Nurv: (to Faligorn, quietly) A pleasure... welcome aboard.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Closed Thread