Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-12-2004, 11:01 PM   #121
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

Well, I guess I'll have to just list the characters with who's controlling them and their race. The whole post is far too long to be allowed even with adjustments, so I guess I'll make a web page or something with the characters listed on it in full or something. It should work.

Secondly, my deepist opoligies to you Sicirus for calling you a he. I know how mean that is.

I agree with the decisions made by you all concerning your characters, and by all means continue on with them! [Especially now that the actual Key is getting introduced!]

Off to see about the rpg now!

Come and visit Rathlas.
It's always being updated!
NEW ON RATHLAS: Links to Stargate Atlantis fanfiction posted.
Narinya_Cocachitawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 12:30 AM   #122
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Happy Birthday Gulio... and Camellia Baggins .

Umm... of to go make Calyniel find something out.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 02:58 PM   #123
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
just a few questions and replys

I read the whole rpg last night and this morning and i have a few questions. first of all what is a huorn. second, i apoligise for my characters race but my thought was that in some of the earlier postings it was said that there are many kinds of faries. and i assumed that scence a sprite was related to the fae it would be alright. so do you think the fae race could be explaned to me a little bit b'c i am confused first i thought there were many then there's only two. or is there more just they haven't been mentioned. oh on the character of the teacher i will post his character a little while later. i would also like to mention that i do infact have one allie for sure. which would be that character i just mentioned. i explain it more a little bit more later. i have to go.
Lostyia Delr-Padroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 07:33 PM   #124
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

Hurons are a creature created by Tolkien. They're not ents, but they're not trees either. I guess you could say they're an in-between of the two. Hurons were seen at Isengard when the Ents attacked Saruman and his half-breed orcs.

As for the faeries. I meant types as in the physical. When it comes to race, they all come together under two sections of one whole. First is the Ranareth, the more friendly kind, then there's the Ompatha'in, the more hateful, violent, and even tricky kind. Being Ranareth or Ompatha'in is really more of a personality/allience grouping. Sprite would be the physical type of fae. All that really needs to be added is whether your character is more Ranareth, or more Ompatha'in.

Happy late Birthday, Gulio, and Camellia Baggins!

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:17 PM   #125
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I tried to explain huorns to Padroot yesterday... I think she got it, but I didn't do a very good job of it. Your explaination was a little better.

Anyway, should I discover something more than just the plan to attack Evelyn? Some major attack, or something? It seems kind of pointless to go all that way just to discover something we already know from dreams and visions.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 11-14-2004, 01:20 PM   #126
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

What about why Areanna turned? Maybe she has all but the last two or three pieces of the Key? Maybe her planns dealing with distroying the Kelena Tribe by bribing the Maya tribe once more?

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:23 PM   #127
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I was just about to add another idea. Maybe she heard about Dulin's piece of the Key, and was plotting to get it. But that sounds good too. I think I'll need to understand more before I can write it. Unless you want to post the conversation I overhear.

Old 11-15-2004, 05:30 PM   #128
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Gimli

i was just wondering your thoughts on this so we can start getting these thoughts to reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostyia Delr-Padroot
i have a few ideas i would like to put in. first me,ethuiliel, Camellia Baggins have a very intresting new character. this character is based on a teacher (who says it's okay with him) we were wondering if its find to add him. we three will be controlling him together. he would be a barthlam. thanks me.

next sooner or later Calyniel will be figured out about we have disscused and i would like to suggest that is how my character gets introduced. when she is at the exucution her head gets cut off. as an example ofcourse. and when the exacutioner puts it on public display it goes "poof" and disappears. and in the background you hear an old lady laghing. when they check the chamber she is gone. oh yeah we may have met when she droped off her horse at the inn. and let me make it clear she doesn't die but gets away.
P.S.i make the illusion
thank you lots

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
second i said i would introduce my teachers character so here goes (she writes with ethuiliel giggling right beside her)

name: Tarkhjn Pavhowlh (or just pavhowl) the j sound is the sound of an i as in in.
age 135years not seconds days or weeks
personality: ANNOYING! but a genious, unfortunatly for others. he has many contacts but prefers just using his cover up as a merchant and jipping his customers while confusing them. perposely takes things literly(sorry for mispells) even though they dont relate to anything that matters. very annil about language. loves to make random connections all the time.
looks:short and stocky, has a dark beard with one little random spot that is white. (and is a real feature about him exept is a gotee) he is going bald on the top but no one ever mentions it he has dark hazel eyes. and a pale skin. also has big ears he is 4 feet three inches. has tons of hair on arms.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:45 PM   #129
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

It's amazing how well you discribe him, and how easy it is to adjust him to fit the character of a Dwarvish merchant... lol.

And... I'm still very apprehensive about writing an overheard converation.

Last edited by ethuiliel : 11-16-2004 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:48 PM   #130
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narinya_Cocachitawa

Secondly, my deepist opoligies to you Sicirus for calling you a he. I know how mean that is.

I agree with the decisions made by you all concerning your characters, and by all means continue on with them! [Especially now that the actual Key is getting introduced!]

Off to see about the rpg now!

LOL Its okay, it's not the first time I have been called a "he". It's the screen name Sicirus that brings on the idea.

Anyway, my charcter has a piece of the key by the way if you are curiouse about the stone around his neck. So thats how my charcter should be put into the story. He is clueless about the key yet has a piece of it that everyone around him wants so it's hard for him to know who to trust really.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:34 PM   #131
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Gollum

any who about if im good or not that is a very vague side of my character because she choose neither and both like i said very vague. it will be reveild by her actions later i guess b/c its still in the air
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Old 11-18-2004, 11:16 PM   #132
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostyia Delr-Padroot
any who about if im good or not that is a very vague side of my character because she choose neither and both like i said very vague. it will be reveild by her actions later i guess b/c its still in the air
Characters with unknown alliences are always perfect for any story.

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:34 AM   #133
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Ah yes, shady alliances are very fun. They make for excellent potential plot twists.

By the way, I got green shoes! -huggles-

-ahem- Sorry about the lack of posting. I'm waiting for the merry group to gambole off to the plains so I can go chomping. Muahahaha!

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:16 PM   #134
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Can you tell us a little more about the geography of Rathlas? or do you have a map? I'm kind of confused, or should I say lost...

Old 11-26-2004, 01:13 PM   #135
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

I could ry and recreate the map with "Paint" or "Microsoft Picture It", but that wouldn't be as easy as just telling you. I've got about ten different maps of Rathlas as a whole, two or three on each indivitual city, and about five on each individual "Kingdome".

But, here's a general discription:

I guess we should start in the far North and West.

The land of Sheraninan is a rather soggy country. At the heart of it is an area called Laurin, much like the Dead Marshes near Mordor in Middle Earth.

South of that is a land called Bathsham, in other words, Mordor and the lands that the Easterlings inhabit. Sheraninan, however, extends much farther than that, and turns south into a mountainus region called Khazhad Calendelon who's capital is Corendela. And as you travel the length of the mountains south you come into a land called Calar.

Calar is only slightly hilly, and inhabited by the shorter Telokin people. Here a small river called Holbytla runs through the general cernter of the region.

Follow the Holbytla river East for three days and you will encounter a much larger river, the second largest in all of Rathlas called the Sheraninan River because it runs from the edge of Sheraninan in the North to much farther south of Calar into unknown lands. You'll still be in the general area inhabited by the Telokin, but there is no real name for this place. It is also here that you'll begin to see more of the taller Telokin.

Begin to move north again and you'll come into Esteme Ketor, but only after crossing the River Hope. Esteme Ketor actually begins at Uncoria Mountain that is slightly set out from the Khazhad Caledon mountains. The three main cities of Esteme Ketor are Estorer [just south of Sheraninan and a day wes of Uncoria Mountain. Nerador is situated allong the banks of the Sheraninan River about one and a half days travel north of the River Hope. Estorent, however, is south of Estorer and north of Nerador, also situated near the Sheraninan River, but equally as cloce to another river that boarders Esteme Ketor called the White river because it is so rough in all seasons. Farther east of Estorent are the Black Woods [called Blethan Weddin in old Nedarin] which is near the last boardering river called the Alantia River.

Directly north of Esteme Ketor as you cross the White River you come into a compleatly river sourounded land called Pheraya where the Ranareth usually are found. Traveling north from the White river, the lands become more and more hilly ntill you reach the Barren mountains, weathered hills, really, which hold the city of Kalafant which the Ompatha'in have overrun at aroud the time of this rp. Farther north, the lands are all flat, then green up a bit more as you near the Estorer Lake and creek which lead to the Salfray River. On the shores of the Estorer lake are the cities Phalmant and Pherason. The Alantia River, like with Esteme Ketor, also boarders the Eastern side of Pheraya.

North and a little East of Pheraya are the Short Mountains where Kirsinari inhabits the city of Ternata Tehortha wich [as Rathlin lore says] was created as a sister city to Minas Tirith in Middle Earth by the Quindi long before Man awakened. This land is a part of Lium Edeme. As you travel south of the Short Mountains in Lium Edeme, you come to the Kaltoloam planes, then to the Shaw River, half a day later to the River Alantia, and finally to the city of Meralet.

Traveling south of Meralet, you come into the Hills of Hefelo, kind of like Rohan. The Hills of Hefelo follow allong the Alantia River which makes a sudden Eastward swing that slowly slopes northwad from the southern end of Esteme Ketor. The capital of the Hills of Hefelo is called Eborner.

South of this, and a little more West towards Calar, you come to Salin Mala, a wodded area that is home to the five tribes; Kelena, Selena, Maya, and Decariel. The main cities here are Linara, Acarn, and Malindarin. The clear river runs through these woods, but though it enters the map from the south, it continues on Eastweard to the sea.

As you fallow this river, you come into Farna Sillilin, also a wooded land who's main city is south of the Clear River called Nenalef where Iandarin, the mythical prince of Nedar had hidden.

Not far north of Farna Sillilin, the land becomes bone dry once more. This land extends well into the north and is called Lelas. The cities of Vyddry, Breralon, Kemala, and Linar are all found here, each one carrying a different noted past. It was in Lelas that the Key to the Sky was destroied the first time. Lelas extends to the verry ocean its self. Some even concider the island of Caront to be a part of it, and the Alantia river cuts Lelas in half much like the Clear River does Farna Sillilin.

North of Lelas is Wasim. Wasim includes the Long Mountains and the Shaw Tree Woods. Near the Sea, the citis are Stella Maris, Telentlet, and Nimdolarian. The capital of Wasim is North of Nimdolarian, but inland around five day's travel called Edeme Lium. North and West of here are the Long Mountains where one would find the cities of Pareln and Kelekris [Areanna's city], as well as the mines of Resha. The Long mountains are south and east of the Kaltolam planes, and follow allong the River Alantia. The Shaw Tree Woods are where we first meet TB's character. They center around the Shaw River. The island of Norodil, north of Caront, is definitly a part of Wasim.

I hope that this helps.

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:14 PM   #136
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

a little, but it's kinda hard to visualize. It does help, though. If you get access to a scanner, though, I'd like a map.

Old 11-29-2004, 10:39 PM   #137
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

I don't think I'll ever get hold of a scanner any time soon, but, like I said, I could try to recreate it again on the computer's arts system. That's actually how the final map was created.

I'll work on it some in the next cupple of weeks to get an o'kay representation to put up for every one. Just tell me about where you'd like to be in a pm or where you're headded and I'll give you a better description of the landscapes you'd be going through.

I know it's kind of hard to visualize, but it's the best I could do in one post like that, just giving a general description. Sorry that I couldn't do better for you all.

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:33 PM   #138
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Theoden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narinya_Cocachitawa
I don't think I'll ever get hold of a scanner any time soon, but, like I said, I could try to recreate it again on the computer's arts system. That's actually how the final map was created.

I'll work on it some in the next cupple of weeks to get an o'kay representation to put up for every one. Just tell me about where you'd like to be in a pm or where you're headded and I'll give you a better description of the landscapes you'd be going through.

I know it's kind of hard to visualize, but it's the best I could do in one post like that, just giving a general description. Sorry that I couldn't do better for you all.
that's okay we will cope, um but i have one question is my group of travelers going north or south to meet with kirsani? second what i was want soon to meet with areanna after we meet with you, also my character will refuse to give away her part of the stone anytime soon. i know that will be figured out but i wanted to make sure no one puts that in their post( that i gave the stone away) any way that will be a few more days travel before anyone that will happen. also i want pavhowlh and camilla's character to meet us before we get their. hopefully when we get chased by some asassins. what do you think camilla?

well see ya later.
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Old 12-10-2004, 12:07 AM   #139
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

You'd be traveling mostly West, but slightly north as well if you're expecting to go to Ternata Tehortha its self. If you're going to Kaltolam, them generally West.

I'm going to make a guestamate and say you're nearing the Alantia rivver by now. You're still in the Long mountains either way you choose. If you choose to go north before west here's what it'll look like:

You'll head northward across the width of the Long mountains, cross the Alantia River, continue through the mountains untill you reach the small flatlands between the Long Mountains and the Shaw Woods where TB's charracters are from. From there you will turn West towards the Shaw River. The lands will steadily climb untill you reach the river its self, after crossing the river, you'll be at the southern end of the Kaltolam lands, a platau, but a small one.

If you head West then turn North, here's what you'll see:

Going the length of the Long mountains, you'll still be forced to cross the Alantia River even after leavng them. Turning abruptly northward after leaving the mountains will take you across that river and the Shaw River into the same platau of the Kaltolam Plains.

Dulin's most likely course to you two would have been this:

He'd have left Bathsham [Mordor] at the Khazhad Caledon Mountains and came into Esteme Ketor. He'd crossed the Sheraninnian River and came near either Estorent or Nerador, most likely Nerador to the south. From there he'd gone a generally North East direction, briefly commin into the land of Salin Mala, then longer in Lelas, and a short time in Lium Edeme before entering the Long Mountains in Wasim.

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:45 PM   #140
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

OOC: Sorry about seeming to evade you . I was already planning to make Calyniel get impatient, and there would be no way for her to know you were coming.

IC:
Calyniel stepped out of the carriage and leaned against it. "Where is she? Where is Kirsinari? I need to talk to her... tell her..." She slumped down, and sat on the ground near the carage