Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 01:27 PM   #121
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Well, we are currently in ME, so I have no idea how we're going to get to China. Anyone else?

TLA Lives!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-22-2002, 02:30 AM   #122
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Haven't the foggiest...but weren't we sorta in "the real world" (heh) and then we randomly went to Rivendell, so....
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-23-2002, 03:51 PM   #123
Elf Girl
Lurker

We don't have to know were we are, really. We can just walk west until someone gets tired of walking west, then we can get on a boat and sail until someone gets tired of sailing, and so on.
Old 03-23-2002, 04:55 PM   #124
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Fine with me, let's do it, before wel fall under the influence of the evil mobile phone.
Old 03-23-2002, 07:06 PM   #125
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

The Fellowship of the Cell Phone set out, walking west. The pony stayed as far from the rest of the people as he possibly could. Tano, every chance she got, bugged the counsellor about this place they were going to.
"What's it like? Tell me about it."
"It's a big building. They build phones there."
"What?" Tano shrieked. "There's MORE of these?" That made others look around. "Why are we going THERE?!?!?! We'll all be corrupted all over again!"

-tano (hey, hey, hey, it's my 200th post! )

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-23-2002, 07:20 PM   #126
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Congratulations!

Laurelyn: Aye it is a difficult task we have ahead of us.

Eruviel: Yet we must succeed. If we do not save Middle-earth from the terrible prospect of cell phones, who will?

*the TLA think of Elrond in Rivendell*

Morauko: Point taken. We are all that stands between Middle-earth and the horrible prospect of eternal phone-domination.

*they shiver*

Eärniel: When do we take a break? Can't save the world on an empty stomach, and I'm hungry.
Old 03-23-2002, 08:31 PM   #127
Eruviel Greenleaf

Eruviel: Here, Earniel, have some Lembas, I made it myself. *Hands Earniel some lembas*
Tano: Hey, can I have some too?
Eruviel: *Hands Tano some lembas.
Laurelyn: Come on, we have not the whole day to waste. We must reach somewhere safe by nightfall!
Eruviel: Okay, I'm coming, I'm coming. *walks faster* So, where are we going to stop? Can we stop at The Green Dragon?
Earniel: Great idea! Can we? Can we?
Elf Girl: No! Shortcuts make delays, but inns make longer ones!
Earniel: Oh, we won't be too long there! Please?
Eruviel: She is right. We must go on!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-24-2002, 10:40 AM   #128
Elf Girl
Lurker

I just read this thread all the way from the beginning...it's hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2002, 02:23 PM   #129
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
I just read this thread all the way from the beginning...it's hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good; that's what I intended when I started it.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 03-24-2002, 04:44 PM   #130
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: *chews on lembas, talks with her mouth full* Awww, please can't we stop at an inn just a little bit! Please? I'm thirsty!
Eruviel: There's a stream right there.
Tano: How do you know it's safe to drink?
Eruviel: I'm an elf.
*Tano, grumbling, drinks from the stream and joins the Fellowship again. * I still think we should've stopped.
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 03-25-2002, 03:44 AM   #131
Eruviel Greenleaf

Eruviel: (suddenly forgetting her desire for nice food and drink at an inn) we must continue on, there will be no stopping 'til nightfall. *walks ahead, then turns back and tosses an apple to Tano* (ooc: yeah, I go into Aragorn mode sometimes. . .)
Tano: *looks at the apple and glares in Eruviel's general direction*
Eruviel: *drinks from the stream*

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-25-2002, 11:58 AM   #132
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel

Galadriel:If we do not stop between now and then, I believe we can make it to a safe spot in the forest that I know of. No danger will dare set foot there, for it is well guarded by the magic of Lorien. Is that any consolation for not stopping at the Green Dragon?

*silence as all stand still and stare at her*

Galadriel: Or would you rather press on till morning and get no rest at all?

*all start moving again, while saying things like "That sounds great." and "Yeah, yeah, sounds good to me."

Galadriel (with a slight smirk on her face): I thought so...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-25-2002, 01:43 PM   #133
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: Apples. How typical. We haven't had lunch yet. Or even second breakfast, or elevenses. And I doubt we'll stop for afternoon tea, either. Hey, Sam--do you think they even know about them? Or do they just want to starve the hobbits? Honestly. Apples...

-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 03-26-2002, 02:59 AM   #134
Eruviel Greenleaf

Eruviel: *eats an apple*

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-26-2002, 10:23 AM   #135
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

markedel: (who has been brooding for the last 500 miles) Alas why do I only this foul matzah in my pack. When will they make imitation kosher for passover Lembas with unleavened holy corn (tm)?
Old 03-26-2002, 11:29 AM   #136
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

Tano: Okay, that all just went right over my head...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-26-2002, 01:59 PM   #137
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

markedel: I cannot resist placing a matzah joke before passover...
Old 03-26-2002, 03:26 PM   #138
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

ooc: Galadriel88, that was a line from the movie, sort of. Slightly twisted to fit my own needs. It's when Strider is leading the hobbitses *smack* HOBBITS! to Weathertop, and Pip and Merry stop to eat breakfast, and Strider says that they already had breakfast, and Pip replies with a long thing about all the meals hobbit eat. "What about second breakfast?" etc. Yikes. That was a run-on sentence...
And Markedel, I'd make lembas with unleavened corn of Yavanna (tm) but I haven't got any...
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 03-27-2002, 03:15 AM   #139
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel

And Markedel, I'd make lembas with unleavened corn of Yavanna (tm) but I haven't got any...
-tano
If you ever find some, make some for me, too!

Okay, back in character. . .

Eruviel: Enjoying your apple, Tano? *tosses apples to everybody in the party*

Quote:
markedel: I cannot resist placing a matzah joke before passover...
As you did in your signature. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-27-2002, 02:37 PM   #140
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

Tano, I wasn't talking to you, that was your character saying something!
And I rather enjoyed the movie quote...

Closed Thread