Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-19-2005, 03:13 AM   #121
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel had left the party as soon as her interview was over, there was no one she had to wait for. On her way out she passed the serving girl of the Red Herring, talking to another woman. The poor girl seemed nearly in tears. The Chancellor must have made an enormous impression on her, Eärniel wondered what he could have said to have distressed her so.

The evening was cold but Eärniel hardly noticed it. The street-cobbles still glowed with the warmth they had received from the sun during daylight. She could feel the warmth through her light shoes.

She heard a well-known cry overhead and looked up. Above her, in the shadowy sky she glimpsed a vague, white form circle. Se smiled and called to the gull in its own tongue. Gull-speech, thank the Valar, was a language Eärniel spoke fluidly from her years of living at the coast. It still irked her that she couldn't pick up Swan-speech as easily.

"Good wind and gentle sea to you, Faénn, what brings you so far from your cliffs?"

"Bright sky and steady wind to you, Seachild," the gull Faénn greeted. "There is not much food out at sea, so we move inland from time to time. But I also bring news, I saw something that might interest you."

"Oh?" Eärniel's curiosity was woken. "And what would that be?"

"An old friend of yours. RÃ*an. Saw her here in Tharbad."

"RÃ*an!?" Eärniel cried in surprise. Memories flooded in so quickly that Eärniel nearly staggered under their impact. Images of fear and fire, of a long dark path and of a beautiful woman with long dark hair.
"Is she here?" she asked breathlessly. " But where is she? Faénn, please bring me there!"

The gull looked pleased that its news was appreciated and took off to the sky.

"Follow me!" It cried as it flew across the street, its white shape like a beacon to Eärniel in the falling darkness.

She ran after it through the streets. The gull led her to a part of town Eärniel had not yet explored fully and finally it settled down on the roof of a big house. Flushed with excitement, Eärniel knocked at the door.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #122
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

The small nazgul family parted company with Marty and Ray who promised solemnly to return as soon as they could, and even hinted, that they might bring King Val along. Cheerful Penny started whistling an orc-tune, anticipating the party, before Lilly kicked him. She was still distressed.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #123
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

RÃ*an and Eärniel were still embracing at the door, laughing through their tears of joy, when a lovely butterfly flew in through the open door and alighted on a nearby chair.

"Wotcha?!" thought Beautiful Boomerang, "The sea-elf and the tree-elf?! I think I'll be a fly - or a butterfly - on the wall for a bit here..."

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 09-20-2005 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:44 AM   #124
Earniel

"Come in! " RÃ*an said, wiping away her tears. "I can't leave you standing at the door like that. Come."

Eärniel followed her in and RÃ*an led her to the kitchen. Eärniel looked around in some surprise. The house looked like it had been uninhabited for many years, and only recently someone had been making an effort to clean things up. A strange place to find an old friend.

"I gather you have guessed by the look of it that this isn't my house. I'm hired as a housekeeper," RÃ*an explained. "And the master of the house is a little... testy today so we better stay somewhat out of his way. But here, in the kitchen, we can talk."

"I don't want to get you in trouble!" Eärniel protested. "I know I dropped in a little unexpectedly..."

"Nonsense," RÃ*an interrupted with a laugh. "I'm not going to let you slip away now that we've finally met after so long! Sit down, Eärniel, I have so much to tell you."

"And I would like to hear much of what you have been up to these past yén." Eärniel said, smiling.

Last edited by Earniel : 12-23-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:58 PM   #125
CrazySquirrel

At this moment Rian and Earniel heard a loud banging on the door. Telling Earniel to stay in the kitchen, Rian rushed to open. By the time Rian reached the entrance hall, the door shook and threatened to collapse.
Soon a merry family was home.
"Hey, you, pointy-eared... uhm, Rian, bring a couple dozen bottles of Dorwinion upstairs, and something to eat as well!" Ordered Lilly.
"And lay a table for seven!" added a handsome young man with a dark moustache Rian has never seen before. With that, he grabbed Lilly by the waist and dragged her upstairs laughing.
Another young woman of a rather stunning appearance followed chuckling softly.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #126
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum Viv Goes to the Wine Cellar

"This oughtta be fun," grinned Viv to herself. " I hope Marty and Ray show up, and I really hope they drag that king of theirs along with him. Wonder what HE's got in his pocketses." Vivvie often had odd little thoughts like this.

As she mused upon these things, and others, she slipped down to the wine cellar to nick a bottle of miruvor, and went into invisible mode so as to avoid being seen by the new house help. What she saw on her way to the cellar gave her a slight start, and she wondered if Khamul had any idea that this second elf-woman was here in their home. Then she shrugged a tiny invisible shrug, and decided to let events play out amusingly, as events in lives like this so often do.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-02-2005 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #127
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Boomerang hearing the newcomers took flight for a clearer view ... fluttering up and out of the window he noticed a Gull perched on a nearby tree.
landing gently he spoke courteously to the Gull.

"Good wind and gentle sea to you ..."

"Fair flight and nectar a-plenty be yours" replied the Gull.

For a short while they sat there high up on the rustling branches, as the dusk deepened and the stars began to sparkle.
below, the house at orrodel was becoming busy, lights being lit, lanterns placed down the short gravelled and tree-lined drive ...

"Faénn" announced the Gull quietly, who had been studying the Butterfly with some curiosity ...

"Beautiful Boomerang, at your service" replied the equally curious Butterfly Leader.

"How fares old 'fish-eye' the Gull Lord? Many a harvest moon since i talked with him"

"He rides high and swoops low still, ... you are long-lived indeed for a Butterfly if you have seen so many Moons?"

"Aye, Faénn, tis' true. If you should meet with your lord, tell him beautiful Boomerang now rules the brotherhood - and sends his regards to him and to your kind."

Suddenly new arrivals at the house caused both flyers to observe the walkers below ...

"what know you of this strange household, Faénn? And of the Sea Elf? Did i not see you fly before her on the way here? ... and guess rightly you know of the lady Eärniel and her infamous Hair?"

The Gull laughed for a momment ... Eärniel's hair was indeed famous ... the gull's still told stories of it's natural splendour blowing in the salt washed breezes of the coasts.

"A strange household eh?" thought the gull ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-21-2005 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:26 PM   #128
CrazySquirrel

The masters of the strange household settled in Lilly's boudoir, giving Rian time to prepare the dining room downstairs and bring the food. Rian had no time to clear the mess upstairs, but nobody cared.

Lilly climbed in Penny's lap and downed half a bottle of Nurn in one swallow.

"Look, Vivvie", started Lil seriously. "You know what's strange? Eh? The Captain is here, but Gordie is not. Isn't it unnatural? Doesn't she have an eon-old crash on the Morgul-Lord?

Lilly giggled merrily, she loved juicy gossip and that was Barad Dur's choiciest piece.

"I bet, she is here somewhere, as well!"

"What do you think, Viv?"

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-22-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:28 PM   #129
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum Viv Pours Her Family a Drink

Viniglaen pulled the big cork out of the cognac with her teeth, and cooly poured Khamul, Pen and Lil a snifter each of the smooth liquor. She delicately removed the cork from between her teeth, and replaced it back in the neck of the crystal etched bottle.

"Well," she began carefully, "yes, it IS odd that. I don't know WHAT to think, you guys, to tell you the truth."

Penny said nothing, he was too busy trying to have a conversation with Lilly's breasts.

"Aren't you gonna have a quick drink with us, before people start arriving?" Lilly queried, trying not to be distracted by her lover's playful advances.

Sitting near the bed at the chaise lounge facing the window was Galadannun - Khamul, who could have cared less about Lil and Five's sexual antics; he was busy perceiving Viniglaen's thoughts and approving of them. He always liked Viv's sneaky little ideas.

"No," Viv said, "I'm gonna go down to the cellar and chill for a minute, and put together some bottles for the party. I don't really trust that new elf-maid in our cellar."

"She's not a maid, she's my Major Domo, young lady, so show some respect." Lil answered, half-tipsily. "But you're quite right to be on point, little one! Just don't stay down there forever, will you?"

Viv was already half way down the stairs, shifting into invisible mode as she went, in order to avoid any more interruptions in her quest for a moment alone with her precious miruvor.

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-02-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:41 PM   #130
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Viv Eavesdrops on the Elves Upstairs

As Viv rummaged around in the cellar, putting together a nice assortment of liquor choices for the anticipated guests, she caught the whiff of an elven conversation from the kitchen area above the cellar. Her hearing pierced the ceiling that divided the cellar from the kitchen above her, and she tuned in to the talk like a bat tunes into its prey. It was bound to be fascinating intel, to be sure, so Viv carefully set the case of the evening's beverage selections down at the outer entrance of the cellar, and softly pulled the cellar door closed. She poured herself a snifter of her private reserve miruvor, and settled back into the drinking chaise-lounge to have a little listen. 'Nobody's going to miss me down here just for five minutes,' she thought, as she took a sip of the absinthe-like liquor.

Just then, she heard the door being opened, causing her to instinctively revert instantly back to invisible mode. She'd forgotten about that elf-maid! 'Major Domo,' she sarcastically corrected herself.

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-02-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:46 PM   #131
CrazySquirrel

Lilly giggled and slapped Five's prowling hands that attempted to undo her bodice. She finished the bottle and addressed Galadannun:

"Khamul, dearie, why didn't you tell us about the Chancellor? Did HE invite you to Tharbad?

Khamul's lips twisted in an evil smile: "I kept it as a surprise,Lil...
I came to report on a mission he gave me thirty years ago".

"I suppose that is also a secret, Lord Khamul?", said Five, burying his hand deep in Lilly's skirts.

"Well, well", said Lilly wriggling, "at least, Lord Khamul, tell us, have you seen Gordie?"
Khamul smiled enigmatically.

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-22-2005 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:14 AM   #132
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

RÃ*an and Eärniel talked swiftly and joyfully, eyes shining, of the things that had happened to them since they had seen each other last. Many names and places were spoken of that had not been mentioned for many risings of the sun. All too soon, they were interrupted by a demand for some food and wine. "Quick, hide in here for now - I'll explain later!" said RÃ*an, and she quickly guided her friend into a secluded area in the pantry and moved swiftly to take care of the food and wine needs.

As she approached the wine cellar, she saw a basket with some liquors in it. As she stopped to look at it, she thought she heard a noise, but when she looked around she saw nothing moving. Perhaps someone was in the cellar? Finding the correct key on the household keyring, she opened the cellar, but saw nothing but the dusty bottles enjoying their quiet repose. Pondering over what drinks her strange employers might like, she thought she felt a slight draft - how could there be a draft in a wine cellar? she wondered in the back of her mind, but she was in too much of a hurry to get back to her friend to think about it properly. She added a few bottles to the selection in the basket and took it upstairs, then quickly prepared the dining area.

Duties done, she returned to her friend.

"Eärniel, I have so much more I want to tell you, and so much more I want to hear from you - but, my dear friend, as much as this would please our hearts, I think we need to put aside the pleasantries of friendships to discuss some serious matters." RÃ*an quickly told her friend about the strange household happenings, and of the conversations she had overheard, and then Eärniel followed with a summary of her own doings that might have a bearing on the situation.

"And now they have just returned from an evening at the University, and I'm afraid that they might be planning some more things that it might be well to be informed of," RÃ*an continued. "Eärniel, what do you think we should do? Or do we just leave the humans alone? The elves have done that before, to their regret."

"And I," she added quietly, "cannot ever quite leave humans alone; they are in my blood, in more ways than one."

The two women thought quietly for a few minutes, RÃ*an softly smiling when she caught traces of the young girl, whose hand had held onto hers so tightly on that fearsome flight, in the face of the beautiful woman now seated before her.

"Eärniel," she said after a few moments, "you were always swift and silent, and skilled at climbing. I taught you well!" and they both laughed as they remembered the many trees that they had climbed together, and the few they had fallen from, when the competition was fierce to see who would reach the top first. "I need to stay in sight, but they don't know you're here - do you want to climb near their window and try to listen to their conversation?"

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 09-22-2005 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:53 AM   #133
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Valandil was roughly shaken out of a particularly pleasant dream, voices calling his name: "Valandil! Hey Val... wake up!"

Valandil sat up quickly, trying to gather his wits. It was dark in his bed chambers, but there before him he could see two figures... Marty and Ray.

"What is it?"

"It's... a... PAR-TAY! Par-tay for Par-tay Mar-tay!"

"Yeah... and Par-tay, uh... Ray!"

The two laughed at their own cleverness and Valandil groaned and threw himself back down on his soft bed.

"Not tonight guys... really. You go on without me. I'm tired, my ankle is sore - and tomorrow I have to go to this big reception with Mister Chancellor... plus tomorrow I've got to get going on a three scroll paper that's due later this week in Commerce! I hardly slept last night... and really need the sleep tonight!"

"Ah... c'mon man... you know that babe with the red hair, in the green dress? She's gonna be there, if ya can't guess!"

Ugh... what was with the rhyming?

"Sorry guys... another time maybe..." and Valandil rolled back over. After a few further pleas, met with silence, Marty and Ray departed.

Valandil slept for awhile and then woke up again. The fading moon had just come up and was visible through his window - and there was much more light to see by. 'About midnight' he thought... 'a little before or a little after'. He realized that his ankle at least felt better (between Earniel's attention, a bit of rest, soaking in athelas-water and Estelmo's concoction), and he had gotten SOME sleep... but still...

'Nah... nah!' he thought, and rolled over once more.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 09-22-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:18 AM   #134
Earniel

"I do not think it is wise to listen in on their conversation now," said Eärniel after some thought. "I have an ill feeling about attempting it."

And indeed, despite RÃ*an's presence and their previous pleasant conversation, Eärniel did not feel completely at ease in Orrodel. She supposed it might have something to do with having to hide in somebody else's house. It was not of her habit. Besides, this house was far from comforting itself; it had a forlorn, abandoned quality about it that unsettled her. And above that it was drafty.

"If they hear me, we might end up having to explain more than we'd like. And I do not wish to get you in trouble so soon after being employed, my friend. No, let us not be hasty as the Orodrim say, and let us observe things for a little more. There are more maidens than these two in Tharbad that hope to ensnare a noble or the young High King himself in marriage these days," Eärniel continued, thinking of the serving girl at the Red Herring.

"Yet I must admit you've landed in a very peculiar house hold! Although..." "Eärniel grinned. "You always knew how to get into interesting places."

She paused again to collect her thoughts before continueing.

"I do admit I too am weary of ending up with having your mistress Lilaenwen as High Queen of Arnor. Whether this is an aera of Men or not, it might be wise that Elven eyes keep an eye on these matters also. So this is what I would suggest, RÃ*an. Let us watch for now, you here at Orrodel and I will keep my eyes and ears open at the University. And in time it may be wise to appraise the King's councellors of this... development."

Last edited by Earniel : 09-22-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #135
CrazySquirrel

Discovering that Rian has taken her wine basket upstairs for her, Viv slowly ascended the stairs on unseen feet. So, the House-Elf had a friend... Interesting...

At that moment a polite knock on the front door was heard. Guests have arrived.
Rushing to the window, Lilly peered down and saw Marty and Ray. The King was not with them. Uttering a couple of choicest curses in Black Speech, Lilly approached Viv.

"Ugh, Vivvie, help me with my dress, please, it has become crumpled somehow...and is askew as well. Don't know how it happened, added Lil, grinning drunkenly".

Viv helped her adjust the yellow dress, and Lilly preceded her family downstairs. Khamul wisely pushed Five to the back of the procession. Penny was still somewhat agitated and his "brotherly" behavior towards Lilly had yet to resurface.

Khamul quit his travel-stained clothes and was now dressed in a sumptuous red-and-gold robe with a wide golden belt. A short curved oriental sword inlaid with emeralds and rubies hung at his waist, which was somehow incongruous for a Professor.
Lilly, Penny and Viv remained in the same garb they wore for the Chancellor's reception.

A demure smile on her lips, Lilly greeted Ray and Marty and lead the company into the dining room.

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-22-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:28 PM   #136
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Viv Has a Cognac with Ray

"Welcome back to our home, gentlemen."

Viv greeted Marty and Ray with a snifter of cognac, a crooked little smile, and a wink of a violet eye. As the others milled around the beautifully laid dining room, animatedly chatting, Viniglaen subtly steered Ray over to a sprawling settee in one of the huge living rooms off to the side of the foyer. The giant crystal chandelier overhead looked like it contained the hearts and souls of a thousand licks of candleflame; obviously Rian had already taken care of the dusting!

Viv perched herself on the edge of another plump, stuffed velvet chair, and fixed the transfixed Ray with the most disarming and charming of her famous looks. He got the oddest sense that his entire life and character was as visible to this young beauty as the painting hanging on the wall over the cavernous, unlit fireplace. But he didn't mind, no, not at all! Ray the King's Man felt completely at ease.

" Here's to new friendships, new classmates, and new surroundings, " toasted Ray, somewhat awkwardly but gaining confident momentum with each new syllable he uttered. The two of them clinked snifters and sipped.

" Tell me about Tharbad, " ventured Viv, kicking off her strappy sandals and running her free hand through her glossy dark hair. After all, this was a man who undoubtably knew this city's every nook and cranny. "Where are the art galleries, the museums; where's the best place for breakfast?" She sipped her cognac again, waiting for a reply, gazing steadily at Ray over the rim of her cognac snifter with those enormous, mischievous eyes.

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-02-2005 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:19 PM   #137
CrazySquirrel

"Oh, fair Lady", replied Ray, I am not born in Tharbad, "I came here only a short while ago with my King". King Val usually eats at "the Red Herring", a nice place for sure, and a quite one. As for Marty and myself, we prefere some riverside taverns".

"Like the "Rotten Cod?" asked Viv innocently.
"Oh, Sau's balls, No!" cried Ray. Viv arced her brows at that, as it was still strange to her to hear her old Master's name invoked so lightly in swearing.

Ray naturally concluded that the beautiful Lady didn't approve of swearing and apologized.

At that time Lilly's sunny read head appeared in the doorframe: "Vivvie, Ray, we are waiting for you!"

The table was magnificent. Viv took place between Ray and Galadannun, while Lilly sat between Galadannun and Marty. Penny seemed distraught if not angry and followed Lil and Marty with a burning gaze.

"What the hell is with this guy?" thought Marty pouring Lilly some more wine.
Does he consider me too lowly for courting his sister?"

Galadannun, on the contrary, was most affable. Over the meal, several bottles of Dorwinion were consumed, the quantity drunk by the two ladies leaving Ray and Marty aghast. "We were drinking with them all the previous night, thought Ray. Lilly and Viv hardly slept two hours over the last 24, and nevertheless they are as fresh as roses drinking and merrymaking over the next night!"
Old 09-22-2005, 06:24 PM   #138
Rían

RÃ*an nodded. "I think you're right, Eärniel. I don't know what came over me - it's just that strange things have been happening to me ever since ... " - she thought for a bit - "ever since I saw that butterfly in the tree the other day ..." Her voice trailed off, and there was silence between the friends.

Standing up, RÃ*an said, "Well, Eärniel, I was your advisor once, but it looks like you need to advise me now! Perhaps I fell out of one too many trees! If I get any other strange ideas, I'll run them by you first. Now, can you stay a bit longer, or do you need to get going? And how is it best for us to keep in contact?"

Old 09-23-2005, 04:12 AM   #139
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
After all that exhausting breastogling with resultless attempts to fondle, Penny retired to his chamber for some serious studies of his assigned subjects

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 09-23-2005 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:47 AM   #140
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
As Penny sat down by his desk there came a soft knock on the door.

"Enter." said Penny.

And in came Viv and Lilly.
"We were wondering where you got to. We were getting a bit tired of the frat boys and longed for a real man." A seductive light shone in eyes of the two lovely women.

"To hell with this." Penny said and abandoned any attempt at studying.