Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-13-2007, 12:45 AM   #121
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"I don't know," Raenambar replied, "they're almost as if I can hear them, but in the end, I don't know if I just imagined them, or if I really heard them, or if they're just some memory I can't recall." Looking his friend in the eye he said with a weak smile, "Have you ever had a bad dream that you can't remember? It's like that, with little things that remind you of certain parts of the dream. I don't know if any of it is real."
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:54 AM   #122
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion nodded
"Yes, I have. It's frustrating isn't it? You wake up in the dea of the night frightened out of you mind but you do not understand why."
He thought for a mmoment about Raenamabar's final comments.
"well, perhaps if it is real, you will understand more of it as time passes. And if it isn't realy, perhaps it will fade eventually?" He smiled opefully but the smile never seemed to reach his eyes.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:01 AM   #123
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Perhaps," Raenambar agreed with a sigh. "Oh, well."
Suddenly, a sound pricked Raenambar's ear, but from the quick change that came over his friend's features he could tell that Revion had heard it as well. It seemed to be a voice, no, several voices, and all of them seemed to be filled with deep agitation.
"I think it may be time to leave," Raenambar suggested.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #124
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion heard the same sounds that Raenambar had heard and said nothing, only nodded in agreement as he followed his friend down the flet onto the forest floor. From there they began to silently creep out towards the exit of the golden wood.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #125
nokom
Elven Warrior

A figure stood inside Erebor, a short one with a very long beard. Kimli was his name, and he was a young hunter (and sometimes adventurer, to his fathers disgust) about to set out for Bree , to meet with some of his kin, concerning bussiness as of yet unknown to himself- and anyone else.

Last edited by nokom : 02-15-2007 at 02:50 PM.
nokom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #126
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar and Revion continued silently down the path until they came at last to the southern gate. He began to wonder how they would get out without any of the guards noticing when he suddenly saw that those who stood watch were not the normal guards he had seen before but in fact Celeborn's own personal guards. There were three of them, and when they noticed Raenambar, two of them quickly set about opening the gate.
"We were sent by Lord Celeborn," said the third who approached the two friends, "to help you escape. Those two guards have started a riot, and our Lord fears that they mean to drive you out of all the wood. You must make your way east until you come to the great river Anduin. Follow it north, if you wish to make your way fast to Rivendell. Turn west at the Old Ford, and follow the roads through High Pass. Rivendell should not be hard to find from there."
The gate opened silently as he spoke, and when at last the way was clear, the guard had finished his words.
"Go, friends, and fear not!" said he with a wave as the two vanished into the night.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #127
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion had been greatly surprised to see the three guards helping them leave, but he was noetheless also very greatful for them. When the one guard said that Celeborn feared that the other two guards would try to drive them out of the wood Revion had throught dryly to himself,
"Their plan seems to be working."
However, he listened intently to the directions the guard gave them, recognizing a few of the areas.
As the two elves traversed away from the Golden Wood Revion turned to Raenamabar.
"Well, at least we know which way to go now right?" he asked quietly, trying to lighten the slightly solem mood."
Old 02-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #128
nokom
Elven Warrior

Gimli

The dwarf walks out the gates and climbs onto his war pony, and rides off, not to Dale nor Esgaroth, but to Mirkwood. He rides uneventfully for at least a week, and at last reached Mirkwood. "Look... dinner.. So long has it been since we had dwarf!" cries a spider, watching him from above. "Yes, so ever long! And they taste so.... good... Like wine..." says another. They slide down from the trees and land in front of him. He is greatly startled, and his horse rears up and kicks. He draws his war hammer, ready for a fight.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:39 AM   #129
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"At least," Raenambar repeated with a chuckle, "and that's better than wandering for months like a pair of lost fools. It's a start, but I think it would be best to get out of this area first, and then maybe search for a way to the Anduin... You've explored these areas more than I have. It's probably best if you lead for awhile."
Old 03-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #130
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion nodded silently as he took the lead. He kept in mind the guard's as his picked out a path. He smiled in contentment as he settled back in to his element of wandering and finding the right paths.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #131
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar followed closely with confidence in his friend as Revion lead them on through the darkened forest under the star-lit sky. He was indeed glad for the stars, for whenever he passed beyond their light he became uneasy, as if the darkness was trying to retake him. Still, he said nothing of this to Revion, and the two continued to move quickly, covering many miles before Raenambar finally said, "Perhaps we should start looking for a place to sleep? I don't think we have to worry about the guards anymore. Caras-Galadhon is far from here, and they only wanted us out. I doubt they'll give chase."
Old 03-19-2007, 01:22 AM   #132
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion looked over at Raenambar, slightly startled when the elder elf began to speak. He had lost himself a bit in his concentration of the path. He nodded in agreement at his friend's words and then looked around before speaking.
"There," he said, point to a small cluster of trees less than half a mile off, "It's perfect place for shelter, and it looks dense enough that we could build a small, temporary flet for the night. At anyrate, sleeping on a branch is would still be safer than the ground in these days."
Old 03-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #133
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

"The Nazgul could return, Eruanna," The Elf mounted, seemingly ignoring Boramir's pleads. "We need you here" Her horse pranced.
"I'll be back, Boramir." She said, touching his shoulder. "I promise" She spurred her horse, not looking back.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #134
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Right," Raenambar said. "Then let's start looking for some building materials."
Old 03-25-2007, 12:21 AM   #135
Pip
Elven Warrior

"We actually don't need to find all that much." Revion replied. "We have all the materials we need in our packs. The branches just need to be close enough together."
When they got to the trees he unslung his pack and began pulling materials from it. A simple coil of rope that they both had packed for the journey and a large mat of woven vines that had been folded up to fit into his pack.
"This," he said indicating the mat, "I learned to make many years ago when I was first starting out. The vines are very strong but also flexible so it folds up nicely. I don't have another one but we can make one when we have more time and the right materials. For now though, it's large enough to hold both of us." He said glanced up at the trees in approval, "the branches are close enough together that we can tie it up between them. Grab the rope from your pack and I'll show you how to put it up"
That being said, he grabbed the mat and put the rope in-between his teeth and began climbing the tree."
Old 03-27-2007, 10:48 PM   #136
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar looped the rope about his torso and began to follow Revion up the tree. Jokingly, he called out to his friend in mock complaint, "But we just got out of the trees!"
Old 03-27-2007, 10:58 PM   #137
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion smiled at the joking tone in his friend's voice. He waited until he reached the branches and was anble to sling his load over one branch and take the rope out of his mouth bfore replying.
"Hey, it's the best way to stay out of danger and this way we won't have to set watches."
He began to loop the rope through the weave of the mat and secure it to the branches in a tight hammock-net-like style.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:28 PM   #138
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar watched carefully his friends movements and mirrored them on an oposing branch. He found himself appreciating his Elfin heritage a little more just then, as he would not have been able to do so skillfully what he had just done without it.
"It's a good thing I'm not as clumsy as a dwarf," joked Raenambar, "or this would really be difficult."
And though he laughed, Raenambar felt a strange stirring deep within himself, for he had never before met a dwarf. At least, never as far as he could remember.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:26 PM   #139
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion grinned ar Raenambar's comment as he made the last few knots on the side and watched as the senior elf did the same. As he headed make down the tree to gather his belongings and bring them up he answered.
"Yes, it's a very good thing. Although, I don't believe many dwarves would be willing to climb a tree to tie a bed up like this."
Old 04-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #140
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Y-yeah," Raenambar mumbled as a peculiar feeling of guilt flooded over him, "I guess you're right about that." He glanced down at his hands, and he couldn't help but feel that somehow they were dirty. He tried wiping them on his pants, but he couldn't seem to get the feeling to leave.