Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #121
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Heehee, and Marty and his friend are the same two that are supposed to keep Valandil out of trouble? Hooboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
As it is, nobody can recognise us but Calaquendi Elves, (like Glorfindel and probably Gildor and maybe Erestor?) and the bearers of the Three (Cirdan, Elrond, Galadriel) and the dwarves with Seven. But neither of those is likely to come to Tharbad. Wizards are not yet arrived.
If that is so, then Eärniel, being neither ringbearer or Calaquendi, will not recognise you for what you are either. But with her still being an Elf she might decide you lot are fishy anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
(or was Gordy or someone hanging out here in the swamp?)
*grumble, grumble* Is this a swamp or market place, I am beginning to wonder.

TD, you still have a chance to bail Valandil out. After all, Eärniel can't posibly help him back on his horse. Your call.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:06 PM   #122
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Yeah, I'm here. Sorry I haven't posted yet.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 09-06-2005, 12:14 PM   #123
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Yes TD, Go right ahead!
You have to save Val from frogs and elves...
Take your charger, your halberk and lance and go!

Tell him your name is Khamullion, or Hamulcar, or whatever and that you are travelling to Tharbad to join your younger brother and sister, that are students at the University. Repeat my story, everyone agrees it is a good one!

I repeat it: We are born in Rhun. We had a Duneadain Dad and an Easterling mom.Our father ( Aldacar) was born in Numenor, of course one of the Faithful . C
He came to ME before the Downfall, dwelt for some time in Pelargir. During the Last Alliance, he fought at Dagorlad among Anarion's troops, but got seriously wounded and had to retire. He went to settle in the East, near the Sea of Rhun and river Karnen and, having lost his wife and two sons in the Last Alliance war, he married again, taking a young Easterling woman. And had Lilly and one (two) older sons, (Khamul and Five or Hamulcar and Pengolod?).

I think Hamulcar and Pengolod are cute names!!! But perhaps I am wrong? What do the Scholars think? Eh, Val and Gor and Earniel?
Gor, I am glad you are back with us!! Post for the absent ones!

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-06-2005 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:37 PM   #124
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Oops didn't see this post so I posted a different name. Galadannun, which is Light of the West in Sindarin, basically the opposite in Khamûl. Do you want me to edit or is that ok?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 09-06-2005, 12:49 PM   #125
CrazySquirrel

NO certainly NOT, my lord Khamul. You have picked a wonderful name!!!
CUTE and MEANINGFUL I love it!!!
Good post, TD-Galadannun!!
Old 09-06-2005, 01:02 PM   #126
CrazySquirrel

Perhaps someone BB? Lotesse? Gor? could post about the fight in the Rotting Cod with G&R rescueing my poor Lilly in distress?

Lily will tell that she came to the dirty Inn looking for her missing brother, Penny, who wandered away last night and never returned...(cry-cry!)

GW, you sit there invisible and watch. May you have a good time![B]

WHERE IS WITCHY???

I like Val's idea that we, the nazgul, came seprately, feeling a mysterious NAZGUL CALL from Thrbad..
So I know only about Five, but Khamul will soon join us, won't he??? That will be a surprize.

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-06-2005 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #127
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I've yet to really reveal Viniglaen, you guys; at this point she'll just be a mystery presence doing little stuff like what she just did. She's like that anyway - unpredictable and stealthy, with a really private agenda but intensely loyal to her friends and her kind. i'll develop her much more a little later on, but I just had to have her jump in and kill two birds with one stone, by both helping herself to an excellent robbery opportunity while giving her homegirl an advantageous helping hand, or at least Viniglaen THINKS she's helping Lilly.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-06-2005, 04:06 PM   #128
CrazySquirrel

Oh, That was unexpected, Lotesse!!!
But I am afraid you got it wrong: it was nor Rey or Marty pawing Lily, it was just a random drunk sailor, and I don't think there was anything of value in his pocketses.
Lol hoped for Marty and Rey to rescue me, of course! Now Lil will be mad!
Old 09-06-2005, 04:13 PM   #129
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
As u could read in the Temp Vent thread I'll be out of circulation for the next five days due to a long awaited surgery to my right hand (index & pinkie is severly bent due to tendons contracting). See u around.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:14 PM   #130
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Oops didn't see this post so I posted a different name. Galadannun, which is Light of the West in Sindarin, basically the opposite in Khamûl. Do you want me to edit or is that ok?
Good post, TD. Galadannun is a good name. This may be trivial but could you remove the 'flattered' from your last post? As much as Eärniel will be pleased that you showed up to take Valandil off her hands (she would have had to take him to the university on her raft otherwise), she is not easily impressed or flattered by being called fair. Since she's an Elf, she hears that all the time.

Interesting developments in the Rotting Cod! I wonder whether a bar with that kind of name attracks many customers...
Old 09-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #131
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Oh, That was unexpected, Lotesse!!!
But I am afraid you got it wrong: it was nor Rey or Marty pawing Lily, it was just a random drunk sailor, and I don't think there was anything of value in his pocketses.!
Yeah, I'll alter that post a bit to make it work; guess I jumped in too eagerly there. But that drunk idiot definitely has cash & valuables on his person; he'd HAVE to anyway - that kind of guy gets false bravado while drunk just because they've got money; this type gets the "courage" to paw on the beauties when they wouldn't if they were broke. Believe me I've seen it a thousand times before in real life(I used to bartend! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Lol hoped for Marty and Rey to rescue me, of course! Now Lil will be mad
That's to be expected! Viniglaen truly thinks she's helping out, she always means well but sometimes screws a situation up for the very one she figures she's helping... but Lilly musn't let on in public that she knows it's her old friend Viniglaen there in Tharbad, not yet anyway. She can bitch her out in private, though!

Old 09-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #132
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

edit: ref: earniels post:

I thought that too!

watch out for many more thoughts... coming soon... i have to go talk with Lief...

Good luck grey wolf! Hurry back .... put a stick in your mouth and hit those keyboards that way

Docs butterbeer and Dr.Anduril (any progress reports lotesse?) will be overseeing the op ...so i hope you have good insurance?

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-06-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:39 PM   #133
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

No, haven't heard back from Anduril yet. Oh - I did the edits to my post, hope you guys like it. Gotta go 4 now, gonna go ride my bicycle for a while.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #134
CrazySquirrel

Loved your edited post, Lotesse!!

But Lilly will not give up!
Old 09-06-2005, 05:51 PM   #135
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hmm...In response to the Pm I got...I wish to sign up as Marty... That dude. He seems more my part.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 09-06-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:59 PM   #136
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

ABso-FRIGGIN' LUTely! Yes! Good, good, good! How exciting, I'm so happy you're joining, Shah! Wow! Very cool, I'm SO stoked now. *settles self down, obviously have had way too much coffee...*

Oh - hey, would you be into doing both guys? If no one else sees a problem with that, it seems like it'd make sense, since I see them really playing off each other, like crazy brothers (Two wild and craaa-zy guys! steve martin, you all remember that SNL bit? anyway...)

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-06-2005 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:16 PM   #137
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yeah, I remember that thing off of SNL. I wouldn't mind being the both of them, now that I think of it. I sense that I am gonna have fun with this!
Old 09-06-2005, 06:22 PM   #138
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Good, I can't wait to see what you do! *settles self back, waits expectantly*

Old 09-06-2005, 06:41 PM   #139
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

oops ... just pm'd last sane .... excellent work Lotesse .... also on your edited post ... good stuff...

CS: what can i say? a shining star ascends the heavens ...

great name TD!

Valandil:
Quote:
Pssst... what's with making Marty one-eyed!? And I don't think either of them would be experienced warriors - more like priveledged upper-class upstarts of Arnor, with perhaps some warrior training, but hey... there ARE no more wars now... remember? We're just gonna have peace from here on out... RIGHT?

(Now... a couple of Valandil's GUARDS maybe... )

re: marty myopica: well of course i can change that easily.... if they are your minders ... one at least would be a bit handy in battle? ... just some serious character building (mission Lief y'know ) ... plus
... Bill and ted ... wayne and garth? rosencrantz and G? ... anyway i kind of meant good or handy bar brawlers rather than warriors per se.

but now gor is back, i shall be more serious ...

Gordis:
Quote:
As it is, nobody can recognise us but Calaquendi Elves, (like Glorfindel and probably Gildor and maybe Erestor?) and the bearers of the Three (Cirdan, Elrond, Galadriel) and the dwarves with Seven. But neither of those is likely to come to Tharbad. Wizards are not yet arrived.
, so BB, you better eraze your mention of "rhadaghasthie", if you are not a prophetic undead butterfly

see what i mean? Thanks Gordis. Glad you are back.
*sits lazily back knowing that he won't have to research too much *

Earniel:
Quote:
Heehee, and Marty and his friend are the same two that are supposed to keep Valandil out of trouble? Hooboy!

quite ... our good king has chosen wayne and garth or rosencrantz and G to be his minders .... we can only wonder why ... plenty of opportunities for beautiful elf ladies and student girls and sexy others ....

plus your new minder Marty, Valandil, will be played by Last Sane person (welcome btw) ... Hooboy!

How can Lief resist?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:46 PM   #140
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Heh...I play a minder...I usually end up with that...It suits me best. Also, you were right in making the minders good in battle. And yes, Gordith is righ that they would be upper class. The guards of kings and princes usually were other nobles (sometimes related), but ones that were a little older and specifically trained for defending those that they were assigned too...

I dont think Lief will last much longer in holding out. This is a promising place.
Closed Thread