Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
*reads list*
Aye aye Cap'n!

Oh yeah... not the game thread...
Aye.

They're just reminders.And I think you know it wasn't really aimed at you I *know* you read the discussion.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-06-2005, 10:23 AM   #122
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I know, I just wanted to show my support for your worthy suggestions.

Okay, all the peices are in place for a street fight, though we could still not do it and my last post will make sense. Pansy, the Count, and Nurvingiel are all outside, heading toward the docks, a short distance from the pub.

Xenoia and Fingolfun are also outside, but they have not followed us (yet?).

And the door of the pub was mysteriously crowded, then Nurvingiel heard some mysterious noise later... *hint* *hint*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #123
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
I know, I just wanted to show my support for your worthy suggestions.
Thank you.

Quote:
Okay, all the peices are in place for a street fight, though we could still not do it and my last post will make sense. Pansy, the Count, and Nurvingiel are all outside, heading toward the docks, a short distance from the pub.

Xenoia and Fingolfun are also outside, but they have not followed us (yet?).

And the door of the pub was mysteriously crowded, then Nurvingiel heard some mysterious noise later... *hint* *hint*
Think of it as your characters turned right, and me and Fingolfun went left. Just one minor point...Earniel should have come out of the pub before me, and should be with you guys...unless she's been grabbed!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-06-2005, 10:33 AM   #124
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfmaster XK
me and Fingolfun went left.
Strangely enough, that's how I imagined it too.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #125
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Heroism? Is that what they're calling it these days?
Gallentry is probably more suited, but I couldn't find the right word yesterday.

Quote:
Think of it as your characters turned right, and me and Fingolfun went left. Just one minor point...Earniel should have come out of the pub before me, and should be with you guys...unless she's been grabbed!
Yeah, I found myself in a plot hole all of a sudden. But I think I weaseled myself properly from it. A back door, never fails.

Nobody grabs me! I'm invincible! Um, right. Maybe not. But I run like Rincewind.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:03 AM   #126
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Gallantry? [/grammar nazi]

Anyway, what do you think of my fight intro? My reasoning behind my leader comment is this: every group has a leader, even unnoficially. And if said group is about to get in a fight, the leader will usually do all the talking. He's the mouth - take him out first. I think 7 guys stand a half decent chance against us... poor fools don't know what they're getting in to. Mwehehehe...
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #127
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andúril
Strangely enough, that's how I imagined it too.
You must suffer from leftism too

Quote:
Yeah, I found myself in a plot hole all of a sudden. But I think I weaseled myself properly from it. A back door, never fails.
Aye, always with the back doors! Nice rescue.

Quote:
Anyway, what do you think of my fight intro? My reasoning behind my leader comment is this: every group has a leader, even unnoficially. And if said group is about to get in a fight, the leader will usually do all the talking. He's the mouth - take him out first. I think 7 guys stand a half decent chance against us... poor fools don't know what they're getting in to. Mwehehehe...
It's good. By your own logic, one would assume that you are the leader, and perhaps they will attack you first. Anyway, as soon as Anduril and I notice you've been attack, we have definately got the upper hand...unless...there were plent of people in the Inn. Depends how big a fight you want. I know Eärniel wants to avoid a big fight.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #128
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Are these seven men or elves, or a mixture. Either way, I doubt my character would break a sweat, so I think I might just leave these guys to you guys.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:20 AM   #129
Earniel

Quote:
I know Eärniel wants to avoid a big fight.
Eheh, I think right now Eärniel is thinking: if I can get these guys unconcious on the ground quick enough for us all to do a runner to safety, it won't be so bad.

EDIT: Let's say a mixture of Elves and Men.

EDIT: Hey Nurv, you think like me.

Last edited by Earniel : 01-06-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:42 AM   #130
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Eheh, I think right now Eärniel is thinking: if I can get these guys unconcious on the ground quick enough for us all to do a runner to safety, it won't be so bad.

EDIT: Let's say a mixture of Elves and Men.

Well, you seem to be holding your own, so I sent some more your way

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-06-2005, 11:54 AM   #131
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Eeeeevilly?

Erm... yes. Well I posted, with a touch of godmodding on Pansy. I don't mind a big fight, bring it on I say. But I'd rather get under way than waste time brawling men and elves in Mithlond and getting in deep crap from Cirdan.

Let's fight the first 7 (now 4 left standing), and then escape the mob and set sail or something.

Or, since you can't instantly set sail, we can fight as we untie the ship. Once we're aboard and free of the dock, I'm sure people would hesitate to board the ship. One thing that we might have trouble with, is aren't tall ships really hard to get under way? The one I sailed on had an outboard motor for just such a situation.

Someone might have to get out in a smaller boat (longboat? Dory?) and turn it around or something. Depends how we're "parked" I guess.

Or, is it anchored further out in the harbour and you rowed in? Large ships don't have to come right up to the dock a la Grey Havens scene in the movie.
Quote:
Old 01-06-2005, 11:58 AM   #132
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

dont run off without me!!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:28 PM   #133
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Of course not! If you're still in the pub, Sicirus is there recruiting those yet unrecruited IIRC.
Quote:
Old 01-06-2005, 12:49 PM   #134
Earniel

Eeeevilly indeed.

We don't have to leave with the ship immediatly. We can beat these 7 up, run from the mob and get on board the Nal. Cirdan promissed us 5 days and there are still some supplies and repairs to be taken care of.

Besides, these fellas only want to pick a fight with Eärniel, not with a whole crew and they'll know better than to enter any ship moored without permission of the captain, which she clearly isn't gonna give in this matter. Eärniel can just stay out of view on board (basically hiding, yeah somewhat) until we've completed the hiring of new crewmembers.

Last edited by Earniel : 01-06-2005 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:02 PM   #135
Elfmaster XK

Quote:

We don't have to leave with the ship immediatly. We can beat these 7 up, run from the mob and get on board the Nal. Cirdan promissed us 5 days and there are still some supplies and repairs to be taken care of.
Don't forget, there's now some sneaking up on you from behind.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #136
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
Strider

looks interesting. mind if i join? i wouldn't mind being Ale-nail or Flannery or even some one new. if its not to late to join i mean.
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Old 01-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #137
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

I'm confused what is happening on the rpg....like on the story...lol...help em out plz.lol
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-06-2005, 10:26 PM   #138
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Well Willow and Tano seem to have gone missing (Both in and out of game). I'll pm Willow, but I don't want intense plotting like last time to interfere with the game to the point of us needing someone to post and them not being able to. I.e. EG, and so the game has to halt. I also hope she has general plot ideas that aren't too specific so that our new players get a chance to stretch their creativity.

Everybody, you have my deepest apologies for not being here and posting sooner, I didn't actually know that we had started the new quest until Katt told me at school on tuesday and I haven't had time to post till now. College applications and school and stuff. Anyway, for the benefit of everyone who never knew or has forgotten the plotline that was planned for this quest... here it is:

About two summers ago Tano, Eruviel and I and another friend were overnighting at Tano's house and the subject of the Quest came up and much plotting occured. One of the results of this plotting was the idea for the continuation of the quest. After we found the Wine, Tano and I would steal it, and take it to Kiacca, a world of my creation and the place that Willow originates from. I asked Eruviel if we could use it because the geography needs serious developing and she agreed for reasons of her own. Within the story line Tano and I are already in Kiacca and doing stuff. The Nal manned by her new crew is to follow, once in they will meet up with someone who will set them chasing after us and the result will be a wild goose chase after us Wine-thieves that can last as long as we care to continue this.

There will be no intense plotting. The plotting between Eruviel and XK that happened last time is what triggered this plot to steal the Wine in the first place. I will try to post reasonably often, but since I know that I'm likely to get busy and forget and since Tano doesn't seem to be around I will do my best to keep the plot simple. My presence should be mostly un-neccesary except for the occaisional post to leave clues as to where we are and if I can't then I'll let Katt know what needs to happen. There is a map of the world we're using and Katt and I are working on scanning and either posting or e-mailing it to everyone.

That's about it for now, just one more note; Be nice to Flannery and keep him as a public character. He's going to be very very important fairly soon.

Thanks for being patient,
-Maggie/Willow
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 01-07-2005, 06:03 AM   #139
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow oran
That's about it for now, just one more note; Be nice to Flannery and keep him as a public character. He's going to be very very important fairly soon.
Thanks Willow. It's good to see you again. I'll look after Flannery, and will look forward to seeing the occasional post from an old crewmember, even if you did desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostyia
looks interesting. mind if i join? i wouldn't mind being Ale-nail or Flannery or even some one new. if its not to late to join i mean.
Well, we've started really, now...so it's not a good time to join. If you could keep an eye out on the thread and join further in then that would work. And you'll be able to mke your own character.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-07-2005, 06:08 AM   #140
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnie_Queen_1146
I'm confused what is happening on the rpg....like on the story...lol...help em out plz.lol
Sorry Tiny, I think we quite forgot you there for a moment. Let's recap: Nurvingiel, Count and Pansy left the bar, heading for the docks. Xen and Fingolfun left the bar after them and headed for another direction. Eärniel took the back door to get away unseen but ran into an unfriendly old 'business partner', dumped him in a trash can and caught up with Nurvingiel and the other 2 other new recruits.

They ran into some friends of Eärniel's old business partner, they have a small argument about why these men want to have a word with Eärniel and a fight starts. This is where you found/rejoined us again.

Anything else that's unclear?