Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:57 PM   #121
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

“BTW, isn't the maid already dealt with? Maybe RPG-Udu isn't aware that Merwen was already dealt with.” - Lotesse

Udu was too occupied with trying to break out of his chains to know or care what Khamûl was doing with the maid.

“him and kahmul should get together one night and go see the eastern dancing girls ....” - BB

That is what Udu has been wanting to do all night - see the dancing girls.

“mind you, completely disregarding that ... .... the quote (from memory) said "let Rohan LOOK to it's horses" ..i.e. to hunt the fallen nazgul down!” - BB

I have never heard that theory before. I always took the expression “look to its horses” to mean “watch out or they will steal every horse they can.”
Old 10-31-2005, 09:01 PM   #122
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
BB you're making me hungry for lamb stew!!

Gordis - I love your new post!!! We cross-posted, though; one little thing is that I have Viv pacing in the basement; I'll have her come upstairs after she hears Ilmenzor come in and settle things down. Maybe he can say, "Where is our Viniglaen," or something and by that time Viv'll have come up from the cellar and she can say, "here I am, my Lord," or something to that effect. I LOVE how he handles the situation! It's exactly as I'd imagined the Morgul Lord would have been.
Thank you. I really felt like sleeping, nor writing posts, but as everyone is so impatient to continue... here it is.

No, "Where is our Viniglaen?" doesn't fit, as each of the nazgul feels the other's presence keenly, especially the ML. He knows she comes upstairs without looking. So, just, please, add to your post, that Viv decided to go upstairs and look.

Shah, A beautiful post, but there is no Rohan yet. And Eorl lived about 2500 years after our story.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:14 PM   #123
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

O.K., I put it that she comes upstairs after the tension's been resolved, and the Morgul Lord acknowledges her presence without even turning his head to look at her as she enters the boudoir, but kept everything the same. It works, yes? Now she's making little cucumber sandwiches and sliced boiled eggs and carpaccio slices and stuff like that since the help's nowhere to be found tonight in Orrodel. It's amazing, the size of that home and not ONE servant to be found. Except for Merwen. Who's gone now.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-31-2005, 09:16 PM   #124
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

SHoot, I know that, but there WERE some sort of Rohan-proto-type people, no? I distinctly remeber something about horselords. I cant boogering find my books, because I have a nagging suspicion that they were left in Hawaii, can some on fill me in on those people's names?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:18 PM   #125
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Gordis
Quote:
No I don't. I only see, that you must be too much influenced by PJ's Very Bad Movie...
Bye, All!

whoa, there gor, you fine mare .... (no offence meant ... just going with the horsey stuff! )

i do agree with you .... but chill .... ( oh... forgets this is me saying this .... ... ... well you know what i mean! )

guess we should re-open the nazgul horses thread .... sorry i ain't been hardly no where last few days but here on the moot ... so if it has moved on .. i wouldn't know ... )

c'mon guys i'm trying to turn over a new leaf and be more myself on here ... rather than take the wonderfully given moot opportunity to be a child again and have fun ... (all good technically ) .... yet - and here's the point - try and stop being so stupidly childish or agumentative ... this side of my moot experience is neither right nor seemly i feel ... much as i enjoy the release from everyday pressures that the moot gives me ... i think i should try to be a little more circumspect and thoughtful on here ...

despite originally coming on here (and finding) this place from personal loss ... and both using this as a release and a good fun place to create and play ... i now feel i should be more responsible on here, which god knows i haven't always been .... it's funny how you can look at, read, and indeed write things here, that you would not normally ... and in one way that's no bad thing ... but i guess for me it's time to step back from that and counter my love of the absurd, and the fun, and whatever with a touch of maturity .... now that is not to say that i will not still enjoy having fun here .... but i will be more responsible .... so GOR ... chill .... lest you set me a bad role model!

best BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-31-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:20 PM   #126
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Was it the Dunlendings? No, maybe not them - but I agree, there WERE pre-Rohan days & peoples there; there HAD to have been.

BB - Gordis isn't being negative!! YOU chill, you big silly goose! We're just exploring the Nazgul Mearas subject a little here, since now there's Laslech and the subject needed addressing again. It's ALL good, nobody's "fighting!"

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-31-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:25 PM   #127
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

There had always been the great Horse-Lord types, throughout the ages, they just all had different names... Its just that I forgot THESE bunch of horselords... Will edit, as soon as I find out their Blasted names!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:26 PM   #128
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

lotesse:
Quote:
BB - Gordis isn't being negative!! YOU chill, you big silly goose! We're just exploring the Nazgul Mearas subject a little here, since now there's Laslech and the subject needed addressing again. It's ALL good, nobody's "fighting!"
yeah, i know ... was just joshing Gor ... though it did come across a bit sharpish, mind!

ps .. have added the quote i was reffering to ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-31-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:28 PM   #129
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well, gotta go to dinner now - and I'm REALLY craving lamb stew!

Old 10-31-2005, 09:28 PM   #130
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

(edit; that's too short apparently)

so ....
here's another:

edit 2 ***

gotta go to bed .... just realised it's 25' to 2am ....

been fun guys and gals ...

best BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-31-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:47 PM   #131
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

mroo, about to post Marty's warm up, blast it all, I STILL cant find those peoples names.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:56 PM   #132
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
No I don't. I only see, that you must be too much influenced by PJ's Very Bad Movie...
Oh, come now, you don't need to insult me! Them are fightin' words! Animals' disquiet, if not downright FEAR around the Ringwraiths are absolute Tolkien canon. I won't bother to quote the examples from LOTR, as I'm sure you know them, but I'll quote two bits about the Ringwraiths from "Letters" :

Quote:
from Letter #131
The Third Age is concerned mainly with the Ring. The Dark Lord is no longer on his throne, but his monsters are not wholly destroyed, and his dreadful servants, slaves of the Ring, endure as shadows among the shadows.
Quote:
from Letter #210
It is based on a misconception of the Black Riders throughout, which I beg Z to reconsider. Their peril is almost entirely due to the unreasoning fear which they inspire (like ghosts). They have no great physical power against the fearless; but what they have, and the fear they inspire, is enormously increased in darkness.
I doubt if a Movie-First-person would quote from the sources that I have quoted from and am familiar with. The parts I like in the movie are the parts that line up with Tolkien's work, NOT the other parts!

BTW, I have a quote from the lovely Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth coming up to support a point I wish to bring up shortly Did you ever see our discussion thread on that? It's a fabulous work. I hope you've had a chance to read it Go Finrod!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 11-01-2005 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:11 PM   #133
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Marty is now prepared and ready for the race, only Lotesse to go...though I dont know if she wants to write her own prep scene. And I will write the actual race...
Old 10-31-2005, 10:12 PM   #134
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

For all of you who have been asking questions about the history and origins of the Rohirrim, go here. It is an outstanding site and it gives source references.

http://www.tuckborough.net/rohan.html
Old 10-31-2005, 10:15 PM   #135
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*hugs Udu* Thanks!!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:20 PM   #136
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Great posts, Sane and Lotesse - can't wait for the race!

Very nice portrayal of the Chancellor, Gordis - gives me the willies!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-31-2005, 10:28 PM   #137
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Heheh...Snoring king of Arnor. Thats fun. I am still wrestling with my head adn ME geography in order to post the race. I know what the city looks like, but I don't really know what lies outside of it. I am currently looking at maps.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:18 PM   #138
Rían

A p.s. to Gordis -
Y'know, Gor, I made that post about how I think a Ringwraith would tame a horse as a person who knows horses well, and loves them very much. I spent many years riding, training, and showing horses. I've seen terrified horses, and horses that are abused. I know the RIGHT way to train them - the way we did - you take days and days just getting them used to the saddle blanket, then the saddle, etc. And that's only AFTER you gentle them so that we could slide off their tails, crawl under their bellies, etc. without them blinking an eye - because they TRUSTED us.

I didn't make that statement about my ideas of how a Ringwraith would tame a horse out of ignorance of horses, blinded by PJ's dazzling images on the big screen. I'm NOT a fan of PJ - I wouldn't cross the street to watch a movie of his, even if it was free, unless it was about Middle Earth, on the chance that he would get some of it right.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:00 AM   #139
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ohhhhh, Rian, thou shalt not bag on PJ!!!! He is a gifted and wonderful filmmaker who gave us fantastic interpretations of Lord of the Rings!! Hate him not, I beseech you. Beseech. Was that spelled correctly? Probably not. Anyway, only on for 5 minutes; the hotel computer COSTS an rm, a leg and a temper and I cannot afford to lose my temper tonight...

The "ghosts" bit caught my attention, though. But Laslech does NOT fear ghosts. Cannot every animal have their own unique temperament, and take on things? One Mearas could have a natural bent toward uber-good, whilst anothwer might have ambiguity and nonchalance in re: the dark, or whatever. Take Lomi, for example. She's ambiguous. The light bothers her no more nor less than does the dark. I'd elaborate, but my time is up.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:07 AM   #140
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Indeed, the way Rian suggested is the only real way to tame a horse, you need to trust them, fear and being "broken" simpley DO not WORK!
Closed Thread