Old 11-13-2003, 05:31 PM   #101
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Arafor son of Arweleg son of Argeleb?
Old 11-13-2003, 05:35 PM   #102
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Strider

YES! I'll take that. My edition only spells them a little differently: "Araphor" son of "Arveleg I"

Your turn Radagast...
Old 11-13-2003, 11:33 PM   #103
Keith K
Elf Lord

Arvedui? Nevermind, forgot to turn the page.

Last edited by Keith K : 11-13-2003 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:18 AM   #104
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

great riddle keith... i will have to take a look at the other thread... i haven't visited entmoot for quite a while so i am doing a lot of reading
Old 11-14-2003, 10:51 AM   #105
Valandil

Strider

OK - until Radagast gets the next question up... a little interlude for Appendix humor (not having to do with an actual appendicitis!)

Q: Which King of Arthedain eradicated all the Bugbears?

A: Arasol!

GET IT!?!???? ARASOL! BUGbears!!! Wha-wa-wah! I just amuse myself SO much!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 11:08 AM   #106
Keith K
Elf Lord

Are we morphing into the "bad pun page" now? Well, ok. Here's mine...

Q: Who was the poorest King of Gondor?
A: Earnil (get it?)(groan)

Q: Which King managed the most rental properties?
A: eLESSAR (groan)(even worse)

Q: Which King of Rohan owned the most popular taverns?
A: FREaWINE (groan)(godawful)
Old 11-14-2003, 03:43 PM   #107
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Who predicted that a woman will kill the Witch-king?
Old 11-14-2003, 03:44 PM   #108
Valandil

Strider

I was gonna ask that - or something like it.

Hmmm... I don't think ANYONE predicted a woman would kill him - but it was Glorfindel who predicted that he would not be killed by a man.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:58 PM   #109
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Yeah - I wanted to add that, but I was too lazy...

your turn.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:39 PM   #110
Valandil

Strider

Three of Aragorn's grandparents are named. Give those names and say which is which (ie: paternal grandfather, paternal grandmother, maternal grandfather, maternal grandmother).
Old 11-15-2003, 12:18 AM   #111
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Three of Aragorn's grandparents are named. Give those names and say which is which (ie: paternal grandfather, paternal grandmother, maternal grandfather, maternal grandmother).
Arador, grandfather to Aragorn on his father's side
DÃ*rhael, grandfather to Aragorn on his mother's side
Ivorwen, grandmother to Aragorn on his mother's side
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 11-15-2003, 08:21 AM   #112
Valandil

Strider

Dunadain - that's right - your go!

Something tells me that you and I could go back-and-forth for a long time with questions on Arnor/Arthedain/Northern Chieftains! ... maybe it's our names!
Old 11-15-2003, 03:00 PM   #113
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Dunadain - that's right - your go!

Something tells me that you and I could go back-and-forth for a long time with questions on Arnor/Arthedain/Northern Chieftains! ... maybe it's our names!
hehe, what can I say, out of all Tolkien's characters my favorite are still of the race of Men

Question coming...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 11-15-2003, 03:19 PM   #114
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Who had the longest reign of all the Kings of Gondor?

--Linaewen
Old 11-15-2003, 04:51 PM   #115
Keith K
Elf Lord

Elessar?
Old 11-15-2003, 07:03 PM   #116
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith K
Elessar?
nope

--Linaewen
Old 11-15-2003, 07:20 PM   #117
Tuor of Gondolin
Elf Lord

Hyarmendacil I?
134 years?

Take Back America

Aure entuluva!
Old 11-15-2003, 07:24 PM   #118
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor of Gondolin
Hyarmendacil I?
134 years?
nope

--Linaewen
Old 11-17-2003, 03:31 PM   #119
Valandil

Strider

*sigh - had to look it up since this was going NOWHERE!*

Tarondor - 162 years (Meneldil close behind at 157 or so)
Old 11-17-2003, 04:01 PM   #120
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
*sigh - had to look it up since this was going NOWHERE!*

Tarondor - 162 years (Meneldil close behind at 157 or so)
lol Finally someone gets it

Hey Val, should you just pm me the question since I will most likely be answering it?

--Linaewen
Closed Thread