Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #101
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonm
The Giants are a New York team that plays their home games in New Jersey.
NO -0 they are NOT a New York team. They are both New JERSEY teams who have decided to put NY back on their uniforms so they will make peopleTHINK they are NY teams. That is why NY is saying in their ads for their new stadium "Let's bring the Jets back to NY" - because they know they are not NY teams now. New Jersey gets the money when they play - NOT NY.

The Two times the Giants have won the Superbowl - NY did NOT give them a SuperBowl party - Mayor Koch even said "we do not give other state team's parades".

ItalianLegolas - why would I hate you for rooting for the Steelers? I have boycotted the Giants and Jets since they slapped NJ in the face by putting the NY on their uniforms. As long as they play in NJ - and they wear that NY - I will not support them.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #102
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonm
The Giants played in New York for decades but moved to NJ sometime in the 1970's (I believe). Their stadium is only just across the border and you can see New York City from the site. The Giants and the New York Jets (who play in the same stadium in NJ!) are still considered New York teams. It is confusing though.
On;y by ignorant New Yorkers and the people who believe what is on their uniforms are they considered NY teams. As I said - the times the Giants have won the superbowl - it was New JERSEY who gave them their parties - NOT New York. New YOrk knows perfetly well they do not make any money from either team - because they ARE NJ teams. They have NEVER won a Super Bowl in NY And if I have my way - they will never win another one as long as they play in NJ and wear that god-aweful "NY" on their uniforms. Makes me want to barf. Giants and Jets

And yes Nurv - they are a New JERSEY team who would like everyone to think they are a New York team. After having a 30 year agreement with New Jersey to remove the NY logo from their uniforms - they decided to put it back on after the Jets did.

As for whether being able to see NY from the statium that does NOT make them NY teams. Does that make the Yankees NJ teams because you can see NJ from their stadium (where the Giants did play until NJ built them Giants Stadium, the Jets used to play in Shea). What about the knicks and Rangers? Damn - the Madison Square Garden is closer to the NJ border than the Meadolands is to NY. Thje Garden is about 2 miles from NJ - whereas the Meadowlands is about 10.

If you look through this thread - you will see the history of the team, the hexes I have put on them (my voodoo doll is still good and strong )

One of my big complints is NY's attitude with "hosting" the Super Bowl. They can't host the super bowl and they know it. ONly NJ can host the Super Bowl. NY has NO control over Giants Stadium whatsoever. It's is NJ's Stadium and is controlled by the New JERSEY Sports Authority.

BTW - the the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are both in NJ waters right off our shore - NOT in NY. And it is New JERSEY who supplies the electricity, water and all utitilities to the islands. That is why when NY has blackouts - the statue and Ellis Island remain lit.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-24-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:01 AM   #103
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
And yes Nurv - they are a New JERSEY team who would like everyone to think they are a New York team. After having a 30 year agreement with New Jersey to remove the NY logo from their uniforms - they decided to put it back on after the Jets did.
Bwahaha I knew it.

I don't know why they wouldn't play as an NJ team though - it's not like people don't know where it is, especially football fans. Besides, consider the popularity of other NY teams - baseball fans seem less than pleased with the Yankees, and a lot of people don't like the Rangers. NJ just looks better and better...

*goes back to lurking*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:10 AM   #104
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Bwahaha I knew it.

I don't know why they wouldn't play as an NJ team though - it's not like people don't know where it is, especially football fans.
Actually - you'd be surprised at how many people don't know that the Meadowlands and Giant Stadium are in New Jersey. If I had a nickle for every time I had to explain that they play in NJ - I would be rich.
Quote:
Besides, consider the popularity of other NY teams - baseball fans seem less than pleased with the Yankees, and a lot of people don't like the Rangers. NJ just looks better and better...
You are looking at the fans from outside NY. You see - it hurts NY's ego (and they have a MIGHT big ego) to have their former teams playing in NJ and being NJ teams. The Jets put the NY on their uniform supposedly to "regain the glory days of the past" - too bad they never won a super bowl in NY. The Giants a year later then did the same thing. It was sort of sick though - considering that they went around NJ talking about how glad they are to play in NJ - and that this is their home state and they won't forget about their home state. Yet - they have the nerve to put NY on their uniforms.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-24-2005, 11:26 AM   #105
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I guess that would be the equivelant of the BC Lions putting AB (Alberta) on their uniforms. Business in football team voodoo dolls would boom. We have a friendly (most of the time) rivalry with Alberta too.

*okay now I'll go back to lurking*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #106
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

ok I think weve pretty much beaten that topic into the ground...

So any predictions for the Super Bowl? New England seems to be on a roll at the right time of the year. But McNabb seems so confident and so talented its hard to see who could stop him (of course I was saying the same thing about Manning...). And TO might be back too.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:42 PM   #107
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
ok I think weve pretty much beaten that topic into the ground...
I don't think so - that was basically my first rant for this season. My other rants were for last season. As for beating it to death - that can't be until EVERYONE knows that the Giants and Jets are NJ teams - not NY teams. Until my job is complete - there is no stopping me. I will not rest until everyone from Tazmania to Zimbabwe to London to Vancoucer to Cape Horn KNOWS that the Giants and Jets are New Jersey teams.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-24-2005, 03:06 PM   #108
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

so that would mean that the New England Patriots should really be the "Massachusetts" or "Boston" Patriots

where do most of the Jets and Giants players live?
Old 01-24-2005, 03:18 PM   #109
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins
so that would mean that the New England Patriots should really be the "Massachusetts" or "Boston" Patriots
Theh should if they're a Massachusetts team. But then again - at least Masschusetts is actually IN new England. New Jersey is NOT IN New York. So the comparison is not the same. The LA Angels had to change their name to Anaheim Angels when they moved. There was recently talk about them changing their name back to LA and Anaheim told them that they aren't - they play in Anaheim now. Anaheim just south of LA, is basically a suburb of LA and is EVEN in the same state as LA yet Anaheim inforced the name change and acknowledgement of their home town.
Quote:
where do most of the Jets and Giants players live?
It doesn't matter where the players live - however I believe most of them live in NJ. The players personal lives do not dictate what homestate a team is. The teams are New JERSEY teams - regardless of where the player would live.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-24-2005, 03:32 PM   #110
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
It doesn't matter where the players live - however I believe most of them live in NJ. The players personal lives do not dictate what homestate a team is. The teams are New JERSEY teams - regardless of where the player would live.
fair point... i'm curious, do you know if either the giants or jets ever had a stadium in NY, or have they always been in the same spot?
Old 01-24-2005, 03:43 PM   #111
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins
fair point... i'm curious, do you know if either the giants or jets ever had a stadium in NY, or have they always been in the same spot?
They never had a football stadium until NJ built it for them. When they played in NY - the Giants played at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx and the Jets played in Shea Stadium (where the Mets play) in Queens.

There was a movement after the Giants and Jets put NY on their uniforms - to rename Giant Stadium so everyone will know that they are playing in NJ. I had written to the NJ Sports Authority and they wrote back saying it was not NJ's policy to tell any company who makes their home in NJ what name they must have. They claimed that everyone in the country is well aware that they are NJ teams and that they make their home in NJ. Which is completely laughable. He was just trying to justify why NJ isn't making a big deal about this.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-24-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:44 PM   #112
ItalianLegolas
Tolkien-aholic

Location: somewhere in the solar system... more specifically NJ...
HOW COULD THE STEELERS LOSE??? THEY HAD IT MADE!!! *crying* *sniffle*
Old 01-24-2005, 03:48 PM   #113
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianLegolas
HOW COULD THE STEELERS LOSE???
Wll I'd say they didn't score as many points as the other team. But I cold be wrong about this.

Sorry just couldn't resist.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-24-2005, 04:12 PM   #114
ItalianLegolas
Tolkien-aholic

Location: somewhere in the solar system... more specifically NJ...
that is evil, just plain evil, I'm in mourning right now *sniff*
Old 01-24-2005, 05:37 PM   #115
barrelrider110
Peer of the realm of Sanguine

Quote:
They claimed that everyone in the country is well aware that they are NJ teams and that they make their home in NJ. Which is completely laughable. He was just trying to justify why NJ isn't making a big deal about this.
Because it isn't a big deal. I've been a Giants fan since the days of Sam Huff and Y.A. Tittle and Rosie Greer. Yankee Stadium was a lousy place to watch a football game. When they moved to the Meadowlands I was ecstatic. I went to quite a number of games and have some very fond memories of the Simms-Taylor-Parcells years. To a real fan, it doesn't matter JD. If they up and moved like the Browns that would be a different story. I don't care if they call themselves the E.Rutherford Giants. They are my team, the Giants, that's all that matters. Go Giants!

Fear Complacency!
Old 01-24-2005, 05:43 PM   #116
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelrider110
To a real fan, it doesn't matter JD.
I'm a fan of NJ - niot a traitor team who WE built a stadium with OUR money and then they have the nerve to turn around after 30 years and put NY on their uniforms. SO yes - it is a big deal.
Quote:
If they up and moved like the Browns that would be a different story. I don't care if they call themselves the E.Rutherford Giants. They are my team, the Giants, that's all that matters. Go Giants!
I would support them if they had East Rutherford on their uniforms, or if they were the Newark Giants. But as long as they wear NY on their uniforms and they play in this state = I will hope they lose and never make it to the superbowl again. As I said - I'm a fan - I'm a fan to the TRUE NJ teams - liek the Devils and Nets. Once the Nets leave to Brooklyn - no longer a fan.

You don't see the damn NY teams sharing logo space on their uniforms with NJ - so why should our teams?

BTW - I hope NY rejects the west-end stadium for the Jets. That woudl be hilarious - I have the letters prepared I plan to mail to the team. They can go play back in Yankee stadium if they want to be NY teams so badly.

Oh - and another thing - the giants lost this year AGAIN. Mwahahahahaha

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-24-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:48 PM   #117
barrelrider110
Peer of the realm of Sanguine

Quote:
As I said - I'm a fan
Sorry JD - you never were a Giants fan. Admit it.

Fear Complacency!
Old 01-24-2005, 05:49 PM   #118
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelrider110
Sorry JD - you never were a Giants fan. Admit it.
No - I was - until they put NY on their uniforms. Once they put NY back on their uniform and felt that NJ was too low for them to admit their homestate - then I stopped being a fan.

Hell - I used to go to Giants Stadium. No more though.

Oh and you cut out the rest of my sentencce when you quoted me. As I said - I'm a FAN of TRUE New JERSEY teams. YOu know- the ones that are PROUD to let people know they are NJ teams. Not ones that put on a logo to make people think they are from that place across the river.

I'm glad the MetroStars have finally stopped going by the name NY/NJ Metrostars.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-24-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:51 PM   #119
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
As for beating it to death - that can't be until EVERYONE knows that the Giants and Jets are NJ teams - not NY teams. Until my job is complete - there is no stopping me. I will not rest until everyone from Tazmania to Zimbabwe to London to Vancoucer to Cape Horn KNOWS that the Giants and Jets are New Jersey teams.
well you wont accomplish that ranting about it on the moot where nobody cares about football. and frankly most people including most football fans dont care about where they play.

why dont you start a petition to bring back the USFL and the Jersey Generals. I hear Hershal Walker is still available.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #120
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
well you wont accomplish that ranting about it on the moot where nobody cares about football. and frankly most people including most football fans dont care about where they play.

why dont you start a petition to bring back the USFL and the Jersey Generals. I hear Hershal Walker is still available.
Educating people abouit where they play is important. And how do you know there aren't petitions out there? or that I havene't written letters?

For information - several years ago - during Talk Back Live on CNN - when they had on representatives from NY discussing bringing the Super Bowl to NY - aka the Meadowlands to ignorant NYers. I e-mailed the show where they read my letter and said I was correct - NY can't host the super bowl. The New Yorkers answer was that technically every thinks of them as NY teams and that it's NY. But it doesn't matter what people may think - it's the fact that they have no control over Giants Stadium or any say whatsoever of what events are held there. That is one of the reasons why NY is pushing for the West End Stadium now.

And why should we bring back the Generals when we have TWO NJ NFL teams? Why not just give us the recognition for the NFL.

As for people on Entmoot not caring about football and why should I be posting here about it - then I suppose we can just close this thread. What is the PURPOSE of this thread if it's not for people who are into football? For this thread to be active - there must be some peole on Entmoot who care about football. Also - are you afraid of a little education on the subject? Whether you arer tired of me discussing this or not - I will not stop posting about this - as long as I see people such as Oslomn saying that the Giants and Jets are NY teams but just play in NJ. They aren't - they are NY teams who MOVED to NJ - and became New JERSEY teams. They relinquished their NY team status when they moved acorss the river and New JERSEY built them their stadium, they removed the NY from BOTH their unififorms for 30 years. They wanted a initials on their uniforms - they could have and SHOULD have put NJ n them.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide