Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-05-2003, 11:02 PM   #101
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Imhuriel said imperiously" well now that we are on the road why is it a crime to go to the valley of mist or come from that same valley?"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:51 PM   #102
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Whoa, I missed somthing here! I have a weeks worth of posting to catch up!!

IC:

I suppressed a growl of pure contemp for these new "guardian elves" that had halted us. I wasnt so much surprised at the charge as I knew she was fully capable of the deed she was accused for. She was not the only one to have arrows pointed at her life. I too had a few on me, instead of lashing out, I wore my battle grin that I have when I tend to want to kill something. More arrows were pointed and more elves backed away.

I walked up to Kalile and forced my hand on her shoulder.

"What are you doing? Get back!" The first guard barked, I gave my best warning growl and he imediatly backed away and I walked beside Kalile, speaking in the tongue of the east, which drew many an eyebrow.

"hang in there! I dont give a horses ass how many of the bastards are here! i'll spring you outta here come night fall If they decide to treat you any less than a warrior's due!"

She smiled and repied, "I have no doubt you can! just wait till nightfall! you must warn the others though! I'll not leave them here!"

I growled at the elves who were trying to get in between us, this time I really put my all into the growl and turned it into a lion's roar. They scattered left and right, I accidentaly scarred the little ones, Ranwen and Rowena. Oops.

I shall wait till nightfall.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 06:41 PM   #103
Legoles

Imhuriel was totally p-d off at this development and scolded seth for scaring the "young ones"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 05-06-2003, 09:38 PM   #104
Amaranthea
Enting

"I don't know what they plan on doing with her." Rowena said softly, replying to Ranwen's question. She watched as Seth bullied his way to Kalile's side, and then snapped and growled at the guards, making them scatter. Ranwen was visibily shaken by the entire incident, and while Rowena was startled, she was not afraid.

Wishing she could speak to her companions, Rowena held her tounge, knowing that if she even so much as whispered to them she would be heard.

Eventually, the guards came back and walked along side both Seth and Kalile, with Imhuriel not far behind. Ranwen and I trailed behind her, keeping as much distance between ourselves and the guards.

After a good day's march, the guards suddenly stopped at the bottom of the largest tree Rowena had ever seen, and began to speak rapidly to Imhuriel in elvish. Even though Rowena did not speak a word of elvish, she knew basically what was going on; one did not live for 23 years and not pick up on *some* things. The guards were trying to tell Imhuriel that they were going to seperate them from Kalilie; Imhuriel clearly did not like that arrangement.

The conversation ceased suddenly as a she-elf, dressed completely in white, suddenly appeared on the stairs at the base of the tree.

"What peril has now entered my realm through uncautious travelers?" she spoke softly, and Rowena could feel right down to the marrow of her bones that this she-elf was ancient, and wise, but not to be trifled with.

The guards bowed down suddenly before her. "Greetings, Lady Galadriel." they proclaimed in unison.
Amaranthea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 12:02 AM   #105
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ooc: Whoops, I missed quit a bit, as well!

Ic: "What for have these people been apprehended? They are not orcs, nor goblins, not have they an evil taint."

"My lady," the spokesman for the guards said, bringing Kalile forward,"it is Kalile."

Galadriel glanced away for a moment, and when she looked back, her eyes were full of sorrow. "You know my position. It is the greatest crime to slay another being in anger."
Kalile bowed her head in acknowledgement and shame.
"But you did it to protect these very woods, and your own island. I am afraid that your deed was mostly in vain, however."
Now she spoke to the group's minds. <Dark elves still roam, seeking to start these terrible wars again. There is one who holds great power here. I may do nothing to stop him. You must help me, and these woods, perhaps the whole elven race. You killed an assasin, but there are more, Kalile. Hold those who judged you traitor not in contempt, for the poison that destroyed your valley was already at work.>

The guards shifted. "We must take her to Lord Shenodu. It is the law," he added unnecessarily.
The lady's eyes flickered. "So mote it be," she murmered and let them pass. As Ranwen passed, she caught the girl's eye.
<Do not worry. All will be well.>
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 06:38 PM   #106
Legoles

The party continued on after passing Lady Galadriel's inspection, and soon came to a safe haven.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 05-07-2003, 07:03 PM   #107
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Shall I spring ye out or what?? And by the way, I never did like Elrond or Galadriel or those really really old elves. Too depresing and snobby for me! so dont be surprised by my irreverance!! oh kalile, I put the water pitcher in here just for you!

IC:

The appearence of the white she-elf put a damper on my audiable growling. It was still sitting in my throat, waiting to be unleashed again. She generaly avoided my gaze, when she mind spoke to us I felt myself starting to smile. I stopped the smile before it surfaced and wore my bad tempered scowl instead. Boy these elves are tricky, But they're not the only ones to mindspeak!

Once she had relayed her message to us and we were on our way to see this "lord Shnuby-Doo" or what ever his name was (I am horrible at remembering these Western names), I hung back and followed the She elf deeper into the woods till we were about a mile from any other elf, she didn't notice me and only when I mindspoke to her did she turned startled around to face me.

Seth: <Well, I see that you know that she is innocent. So why procecute her when you know she was helping you!? That assasin's blade might have been destined for your back>

She turned and glared at me, Finally she had met my eyes. and I held hers, not letting her look away.

Galadriel:<Speaking of which, how did you follow me without attracting my attention?>

Seth:*Mental smirk*<you're not answering me.>

Galadriel:*mental sigh* <I have no choice! did you not hear me? And beside, I abhore killing!>

Seth:*Mental glare* <no, you dont like killing other elves. So, you say this "Lord Something-Or-Other" has the power? why cant you "have a choice?>

She faltered at my audacity, heh, If she's amazed now then she will be floored in a moment! I looked her over to see if she had any weapons. I moved forward. she read my intentions.

Galadriel:*somwhat panicked but trying to fake it so she looks in control* Wait! If you move I will blast you with Nenya!!

Seth:*laughing heartily* Peh! Go ahead! That thing lost its power as soon as the One ring was destroyed! The age of its power has past and that thing is no better than a pretty trinket!

I moved and grabbed her as gently as I could without haveing her hit me over the head with a silver water pitcher she produced from nowhere. I was going to have her tell me the details without all this "I-cant-tell-you-cause-it's-a-elf-secret Thing" It was getting quite annoying. I had taken her with me over to the safe haven that my companions were being held and made her spill the beans.

OOC2: someone else write "the beans" for me!!
Old 05-07-2003, 09:58 PM   #108
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
ooc: Sorry seth I'll let someone else do that part. Meanwhile in another part of the woods.

ic:

"Rowena?" I whispered.

She looked at me expectantly.

"I'm tired. And I haven't seen Dran since we came into the woods." Before she could answer my words I noticed something, "Seth? Where's Seth?"

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 10:12 PM   #109
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Oh and a few things about Ranwen. She's not whining. (see last post) She's just stating a fact. Cause that's how she is.
And in general she doesn't like elves. Kalile and Imhuriel are about it for her. She doesn't talk about being scared much but her eyes are very expressive.

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 05-07-2003, 11:15 PM   #110
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: I'll let Kalile or Legoles write "the beans" for me as thos is their story! And I am waiting for Kalile to tell me whether to spring her out or what?
Old 05-07-2003, 11:51 PM   #111
Kalile

beans

Ooc: you people post too fast. One evening I catch up on posts, the very next night you're all wondering if I've quit! Oh well. It would be a good idea to bust me out, as you will soon learn. And Elrond is only half-elven.

Ic: Galadriel relaxed in the hold of Seth, and went limp. Suddenly she brought the pitcher back and conked him over the head just hard enough to make him let her go. (Ooc: Ha! It hasn't lost all of its power, Sane!) She faced him calmly, though her hands trembled. "I have become little more than a figurehead. Celebriel is deathly ill, neither alive nor dead. An elf, wise seeming and full of comfort to my frightened people, has held the true power for over a hundred years. He started the wars in secret, then stepped up to stop them. The people rejoiced. He sent an assassin to kill Celebriel once and for all, but I stood in his way. The assassin decided to kill us both, and would have, but for Kalile. She was trying to stop the wars between elves. She killed the assassin, but the council of dark elves condemmed her as a traitor and murderer. You must help her, Seth."
Ooc: Melodramatic, but I think I write good parts for depressing old elves.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:06 PM   #112
Legoles

more beans

Imhuriel stood up a little straighter and mindspoke to Galadrial<I shall also help for being her friend this long has had an influence upon me. I can hear others mindspeak even if they are not speaking to me, which may indeed prove usefull.>

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 05-08-2003, 10:28 PM   #113
Kalile

eavesdropper!

"You must get her out soon, before the dark elves can find ways to punish her within the law."

Meanwhile... "*Sigh* This is very demeaning. Too bad they took my weapons! Oh well, I'll just have to wait for Sane and Inhuriel and the rest of our group get me out. I don't like waiting much."

Outside the treetop prison a cell door could be heard opening inside, and a cry of pain, followed by a much lower moan. An elf ran quickly out and fetched others, who snuck into the dungeon. (Is it a dungeon if it's thirty-some feet off the ground?) A clatter rose, and raised voices, then silence.
Dran took off from the tree and went to go find his mistress.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:00 PM   #114
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Before Rowena could answer my questions Dran screeched and alighted on my shoulder.

"What's the matter?" I questioned, although I knew he couldn't answer.

We (Rowena and i) were sitting on the ground under a massive tree. Imruhiel was talking with one of the gaurds and I couldn't see Seth anywhere. Kalile had been taken away to a place I didn't know.

Dran cried out and nervously swept off my shoulder to fly around an elven man. He waved Dran away annoyed.

I stood up and ran over to him. "Leave him alone!" I said furiously(sp?)

The man's suprise turned to anger.

ooc: So what happened? With the dungeon or is Seth sposed to make it up?

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 05-09-2003, 02:09 PM   #115
Legoles

OOC:I'm gonna take Kalile's part at the moment

Kalile: What in god's green earth is going on down there? She looked down and could'nt belive her eyes...

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 05-09-2003, 06:10 PM   #116
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Why don't one of you two (legoles or kalile) say what the elf man would say. I'm not sure what to do.

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 05-09-2003, 06:47 PM   #117
Legoles

I'll get Kalile to dod itK?K

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 05-11-2003, 12:54 AM   #118
Kalile

Ooc: Er... you want me to play the part of one of the guards, right?

Ic: The elf's lip curled. "Well, if it isn't the criminal's little girl and her pet bird! You had best be off."

Ooc: Is that what you wanted?
Old 05-11-2003, 10:08 AM   #119
Aralyn
FloraAzul

ooc: Yeah thanx Kalile

ic:

"Kalile's not a criminal!" I replied glaring at the much taller elf.
"And you'd better watch out or Dran will attack you."

"You'd best hurry over to your group before-"

"Ranywn," Rowena said, "Come over here."

ooc: Sorry to use your character of Rowena. Needed it right there. Is it okay?

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 05-11-2003, 03:14 PM   #120
Legoles

OOC: this is confusing, Kalile, will you please tell us what you saw???

PADFOOT LIVES!