Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-30-2003, 03:59 PM   #101
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

I just wanted to know: Who is currently in this game? I guess Lief is having major spairtime issues because of school, but how is it with the rest of you?

There has been a huge pause here now, which may drive us to think that this game has simply washed away. That is not what I'd like to see though.

If there is a need to put this game on a hold, then please say so, and then perhaps a date when things are expected to be running easier on yer time folks. We have nearly played this for a year, we can't just quit now!!
Old 08-30-2003, 05:24 PM   #102
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I agree: we can't quit this now. But I understand if other people have their hands full.

I'm still here, I just have no idea what so ever what I could write.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:42 PM   #103
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Same here.

I mean all I could write would be what Elise would say to what's his name, but that wouldn't take us any where :-/.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 12:34 PM   #104
M. Brandsdal
Hobbit

hmm.. I would like to join this "thing" as well.. guessing I might be abit to late; though, still it would be fun..

Anyways; what is really going on? can anyone please explain the concept please?
M. Brandsdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:11 PM   #105
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Right now we are at a slight break, or so it seems. But storywise and rp wise it would not be any problems of you joining in

The story happen sometime in the 4th age of Middle Earth. Men rule the realm mostly, yet some elves are still present

First the company went to the Barrow Downs to get the Hytorax, an artifact that actually turned the Barrow Downs into the cursed place it is. This item should save a city called Nered, capitol of Enedwaith in the Dunland region.

One of the men participating in this quest, however, betrayed the company. Aasinav was his name, secretly a wizard of the secret Shadowhand clan with evil plans. The Shadowhand had twisted the king in their magical grasp, and now with the hytorax in their hands it was only a matter of time before the Shadowhand would officially take over the ruling of Nered.

This was the end of Part1 of the rpg.

The company who had quested for the hytorax (the good guys) were all put in the dungeon prison of Nered which they escaped, turned back the king, and made Dagankor (the shadowhand-member placed in the city) flee. They managed to turn the king back to sanity and is now at the break of war, a war which the shadowhands twisted tongue has turned into impossible odds with lies about the the "good guys" and their intentions.

This is where we are at now, preparing for war. You may well enter at this point.

Oh, and to the rest of you, I know this guy...
Old 09-08-2003, 03:32 PM   #106
M. Brandsdal
Hobbit

hmm.. so I now know the background story.. still; I really don't get the concept..

Are each one of us planned to make up a character, race, class, skills, feats etc: and just follow up with a storyline based on the person posting before us?

-----
My char:

Race: Elf
Name: Elindèl Talandor
Class: Archmage (with healing abilities)
Feats: ? hmm.. how am I to explain that part?

Did I forget something maybe?
-----

Did I get the point or am I just way off?

*having fun playing soldier Pål? *
Old 09-08-2003, 07:52 PM   #107
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Hello all! Sorry for my short absence - moving back to college and such. I will be trying to move the story along by the end of the week, I promise!

M. Brandsdal: You are certainly welcome to join! Basically just come up with a character, background, personality, etc. You can give him whatever abilities you deem appropriate, though it is probably better not to have anyone too overpowered. "Super" character really tend just to ruin the game for everyone else.

But yeah, plot will move along later this week.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:48 AM   #108
M. Brandsdal
Hobbit

ahh.. sounds good.. I'm looking farward to "play"..

Still, have to come up with all the information about my char, though, I think I will manage to do this by the end of this week.. shouldn't be to hard..
Old 09-09-2003, 10:39 AM   #109
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Mathron: Ahhh Good to see you alive and kicking Me is exciting to get thing on the move again, nice adventure and action is brewing

Martin: Let me explain this kind of RPG to you shortly:

1) it is a role playing game based on an already written plot, so there are restrictions to what you can do with your character without confronting the GM first. The GM is currently Mathron, Lief Eriksson was he who started it, but because of issues he is gone for some time. This means shortly that you can not cause things that will affect the whole story heavily.

2) You can not make huge decisions for other players characters and not kill any others character. Injuring and disabling others character is only allowed if it is discussed before it happens, or if the player who's character will recieve the injure played himself hopelessly into a situation leaving no other option for you.

3) Remember that this rpg is based on the Theme of Middle Earth and Tolkiens creation. There is therefor restrictive magic and mages in the world of ME. Also, there are very few elves left, so if you are to play an elf you'd want to come up with a very good reason for him not sailing across the sea with his kin.

4) Please spend some time on each post and read through it once more before you post Be as clear as you can in your writing, to prevent confusion among players.

5) Enjoy the game
Old 09-09-2003, 12:36 PM   #110
M. Brandsdal
Hobbit

Oh, this sound complicated..

I guess I'm abit to lazy to join up on this.. But I'm still gonna' read the stories.. anyways; to all players, have fun!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:33 PM   #111
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Hehe Not complicated, but a little bit complex to make it thus more fun. If you want to join or not is ofcurse up to you, but I can assure you, it is not difficult, and indeed you'll see your skills grow as you play, both as writer and roleplayer.

Tessar must be the best example of this
Old 09-10-2003, 02:17 PM   #112
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Ah, so I introduced a new character: "Iriana"

The reason I introduced her was that I wanted to make Glimdrell's adaption with his sabre a little bit special, I am not certain wether I'll give Glimdrell this "song" skill or not though. Right now I have offered this character to M. Bransdal, if he wish to take her on I have no more power of her, but I wanted to make her somewhat close with Glimdrell...

at the same time we have Fimbren, who knows the sword art better then most others, and indeed he wields the ultimate artifact. This was my original plan, to let Fimbren teach me, but in my mind this Iriana character teaching me is more tentative, and have Fimbren being the warrior who always is dueling me to see my improvements.

If any of you have any thoughts about this, then please voice them

Oh, and Tessar: I leave it up to you if you know abou this "song" or not. Already I have hinted at what "skills" it adds to its "hearer". I have not created any huge "background" info for this skills yet, but basically it is a very rare fenomenon called the Weavers-Discipline. I was thinking it as some special way of meditational state or perhaps some deity guiding her. Eather of the two would be ok with me, even better suggestions as well, but I guess of these two number 1, the meditation, would be most fitting for the Middle Earth theme.

I leave this up to you though Tessar, and Elise For all I know, she may not know of this at all
Old 09-11-2003, 12:24 PM   #113
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

I personally think it is a good idea, pure genius...well not pure genuis, but there's some genius here.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:57 PM   #114
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Hehe Good to hear Fimbren. I think M. Bransdal agreed to play Iriana, so ready a grand applause for his entrance when he posts We do not want to scare him away just yet
Old 09-12-2003, 05:48 AM   #115
M. Brandsdal
Hobbit

I'm really looking farward to play as Iriana. I hope to have some fun, and maybe improve my writingskills. Who knows?

Anyways; don't be to hard on me, considering this is the first time I play something like this. I'm about to freak out, you see..
Old 09-13-2003, 10:50 AM   #116
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Welcome to the RPG, M. Brandsdal! It's great to have you joining us .
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 12:20 PM   #117
M. Brandsdal
Hobbit

Well thanks Lief Erikson! That was nice to hear.. I'm really looking farward to get started on this!
Old 09-13-2003, 01:18 PM   #118
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Well, feel free to post . You might want to read the last two pages of Hytorax 2, if you want, just to get the feel for what's going on.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 01:02 PM   #119
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Hahaha!!! I just knew something would happen with Hruad and Dolais!!! Hahaha Too bad for Nered Oh, and I saw that Iriana is now getting into the army. Great!

M. Bransdal: We are awaiting you character profile and first post
Old 09-14-2003, 04:19 PM   #120
M. Brandsdal
Hobbit

So, bad news guys.. ommh.. Let me start out with saying; Curse the school and the work "they" are making me to do.

So, with that in the opening, I guess all I need to say is that for the looks of it; I can't take over Iriana after all. Why? I just have to damn much work on my hands. I can barley read the latest posts and write my own stories. That is extremely important to me, writing my stories..

So, sorry guys! I guess you won't be seeing much from me in the future here.. I might post a story or two in the "writers workshop", but non here in the rpg section..

So, have fun all.. damn I wish I could as well, but... Anyways; hopefully Arat-Falathion will be trilled getting Iriana back.. My guesses is that she is "HOT"..

Have fun..