Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion > The Silmarillion Project
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2004, 02:35 PM   #101
Beor
founder of the color blue

Gimli

sorry its a little late, but I should have Ch 21 posted within the next day or two. I hope to post it on the 5th, but I may take to the 6th, unfortuantely. I have been somewhat busy. Hopefully tomorrow, though, around nine o'clock PM, Iraq time (two hours ahed of Germany time).
Old 03-04-2004, 03:44 PM   #102
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Beor
sorry its a little late, but I should have Ch 21 posted within the next day or two. I hope to post it on the 5th, but I may take to the 6th, unfortuantely. I have been somewhat busy. Hopefully tomorrow, though, around nine o'clock PM, Iraq time (two hours ahed of Germany time).
No problem. I will also add your name to the list on the first page as a re-assignment.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:56 AM   #103
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

SGH - a friend of mine is reading the Sil for the first time, and I just emailed her the link to Entmoot and the Sil project - and I just noticed that the first chapter, Ainulindalë, is missing. Is it just my settings, or is it missing? Could you please check - thanks!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:22 AM   #104
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

It isn't missing, it's just a little way up the page.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #105
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by R*an
SGH - a friend of mine is reading the Sil for the first time, and I just emailed her the link to Entmoot and the Sil project - and I just noticed that the first chapter, Ainulindalë, is missing. Is it just my settings, or is it missing? Could you please check - thanks!
It is there, in the Sil. Project subforum.

Anyway, here is the link:

http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/show...?threadid=6057
Old 03-09-2004, 03:56 AM   #106
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

whoops, I see it now - thanks!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:49 AM   #107
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Hey guys, I'm gonna have to ask for a day of Grace for the Doriath discussion, I've just been soooooooo busy, but it will be up by this time tomorrow for sure! My humblest of apologies!
Old 03-25-2004, 12:09 PM   #108
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
Hey guys, I'm gonna have to ask for a day of Grace for the Doriath discussion, I've just been soooooooo busy, but it will be up by this time tomorrow for sure! My humblest of apologies!
Okey dokey. Take your time.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-25-2004, 12:44 PM   #109
Maedhros
The Tall

Boy, do I have a surprise for this chapter for all of you. I have already talked with SGH and Artanis about my plan, and I hope that there would be an addenda that can be used for the surprise I have in store for this chapter.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Maedhros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:58 PM   #110
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Uh... you're not gonna do "Akallabeth" and all the rest, are you?
Quote:
Originally postd by Artanis
Yes, we are. The two remaining chapters are assigned to Wayfarer. I hope he's still around.
Still a round? Well. I'm certainly not a square, now am I?

];-)

Last edited by Wayfarer : 05-29-2004 at 12:06 AM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 02:00 AM   #111
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer
Still a round? Well. I'm certainly not a square, now am I?

];-)
Well if you are, we'll have to cut your edges, now haven't we?
Old 05-31-2004, 02:27 AM   #112
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Nyah.

Oy... a combination of weariness, dial-up, and a shared computer might result in some delays in my posting... and my memory is fuzzy as to what was originally the formula for these discussions (was it that long ago). So I might be a wee bit on the slow side getting Akallabêth posted.
And it will probably be long. I'm very verbose (which has made the going slower).

But it's on it's way.

Last edited by Wayfarer : 05-31-2004 at 02:45 AM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:48 PM   #113
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

There. Finally got it posted.

I wasn't entirely satisfied with everything I had to say in the discussion - I may have been overly critical of the Valar. But the text is pretty straightforward - mostly what I found myself questioning was they why of the events in it.

In other news, I let my little brother (age 11) borrow my copy of the Silmarillion. He got all the way to page 2. I'm so proud.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:23 PM   #114
Maedhros
The Tall

Wayfarer, I was wondering if you had a date when you think you will be able to post the intro in the last chapter of the Sil.
Your last intro was very very good.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:36 AM   #115
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Meep!

It seems I let it slip my mind. I'll have it by this weekend, if that's okay with everyone.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:54 PM   #116
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Okay, it's done... Boy that was a long chapter. Anyway, Enjoy.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:57 PM   #117
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Thank you much Wayfarer. And that ends the project. Kind of sad really.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-05-2004, 11:17 AM   #118
Maedhros
The Tall

Quote:
Thank you much Wayfarer. And that ends the project. Kind of sad really.
I completely disagree with this statement. Just because the chapter assignements are over, doesn't mean that the project is over. The project will be over when individual people stop posting in it, like so many have done.
As a noun American is:

1. The United States.

Old 07-05-2004, 12:25 PM   #119
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maedhros
I completely disagree with this statement. Just because the chapter assignements are over, doesn't mean that the project is over. The project will be over when individual people stop posting in it, like so many have done.
Well, disagree. I didn't mean it the way you took it. I'm talking about the assignements are complete and there are no more intros to look forward to with this book. Okay?

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-05-2004, 02:38 PM   #120
Maedhros
The Tall

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Well, disagree. I didn't mean it the way you took it. I'm talking about the assignements are complete and there are no more intros to look forward to with this book. Okay?
Don't worry, I will do something that will make you happy in the following two weeks. I won't disagree with you again.
As a noun American is:

1. The United States.

Last edited by Maedhros : 07-05-2004 at 02:40 PM.