Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-03-2002, 04:28 PM   #101
Helix
Elven Warrior

I, too, would like to know where Frodo and Sam are. Are we going to Edoras, or if not, where are we going?
Old 10-04-2002, 07:37 AM   #102
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
OOC: Summary

People have been confused, so here's a summary so far on our RPG. By the way, we just passed 100 posts! Alive & growing.

After the battle with the orcs on the Emyn Muil (which is Not the one from The Fellowship of the Ring), Allorien and Legolas felt the presence of Sauron in their minds. They were saved temporarily by the arrival of the Elf Fimbren (Finrod Felagund), who will now also have to fight Sauron.

It was decided to split the fellowship and attempt to stop the evil of Saruman and enlist the help of Rohan.

Sam, Frodo, Allorien, Legolas, Firglinwen, Aragorn, and Gimli:
you are all tracking Merry and Pippin towards the forest of Fangorn.

Nargond, Gandalf, and Fimbren:
we have just entered the Golden Hall of Meduseld (thats edoras for any of you who don't speak fluent Tolkien)

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 01:28 PM   #103
Helix
Elven Warrior

Thanx for the recap, Beleg. I was rather confused.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:37 PM   #104
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

ooc: so where looking for merry and pippin right??
ic: as we were riding through the fields I thought I could hear something.
"I think I hear orcs"! I cried as i spurred my horse onward!
Old 10-05-2002, 08:47 PM   #105
Allorien
Hobbit

Strider Orcs?!

Allorien whirled around wildly as Frodo's sword glowed a brilliant blue. She called out to Legolas and Firglinwen, but as she did so, she noticed Frodo's horse stumble and crash to the dirty ground. She turned her horse around in one sharp movement, and Demiwenn (her horse) reared up to hit a branch off a tree, falling right on an orc's arrow headed for her heart, knocking it to the ground. As she hoisted Frodo onto Demiwenn about twenty orcs burst forth from the undergrowth. But these weren't orcs... they were stronger... and their stench more powerful. Flying through the trees, her only thought was to get herself and Frodo to safety...

occ: over 100 posts!! And I started all this?? Hee hee. I hope you guys are having fun. Sorry I can't post very often... sooo much to do, so little time. sigh. Hopefully I'll have more time after Oct.11.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:12 PM   #106
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Frodo's sword glowed blue as we heard the cries of millions of on coming orcs approaching. Gettin my sword out I stood ready to fight.

The company all stood close together with tension on their faces.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:24 PM   #107
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

OOC: I just typed this huge post. It wasn't posted. I'm so pissed.
OOC: Sicirus, Allorien: Your posts are contradictory. I'll try to mix
IC:

A group of at least 20 Uruk-hai tore towards the fellowship. Legolas shot an arrow through the leader's eye but the rest kept coming. Frodo took a blow to the head from the butt of a trident and fell down. Allorien grabbed him off of the ground before the uruk could finish him off with the sharp end of the trident. The uruk's weapon stuck into the ground and Allorien cut his head off. Throwing Frodo up on her horse she backed away from the fighting. It looked as if he had been concussed.

Snatching up Sting from where it fell, Sam fought his way to the edge of the group and a rassy hill where he could keep an eye on the combatants but also look around. He saw that the group the fellowship was fighting was merely a sacrificial skirmish party; the main group of about 200 Uruk-hai was headed away from the fighters, on the other side of the tree line. And there was something with them...

Gimli decapitated the last of the Uruks in the skirmish party. He turned to Legolas proudly. "Four!"
Legolas: "Four! and I count only three. But bows will prove themselves when there is more space to fight."

Gradually the fellowship became aware that Sam was shouting at them.

"Calm down, Sam" said a tired Aragorn, as he wiped the Uruks' blood from Anduril. "What is it?"

The fellowship did not take his news lightly.
"Merry and Pippin!!"
"Two hundred Uruks!"
"We can't hope to fight that many!"

Frodo moaned as he gradually came around.

Aure Entuleva!

Last edited by Beleg Strongbow : 10-07-2002 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:31 AM   #108
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Gasndalf was staring at him, obviously expecting him to make the first move. Nargond therefore stepped forward an dbowed deeply.
"Greetings I bring to you, my lord, from every direction, for I have travelled through much to seek your aid."

"And, for what, pray tell, would you be needing my aid?" asked Theoden.

Gandalf looked around nervously and shook his head. "My lord," Nargond said. "For this I must request a private converence with you."

The advisor next to the king began to squirm. "Most gracious majesty, I must warn against this. These men are none but imposters."

"Quiet thou thy tongue, Thou with a worm in it!" shouted Gadlaf suddenly. "Get thou from this room before another word is said, for thou hast proven all too soon from whence thy name came, WORMTONGUE!"

Theoden looked a little surprised. THe woman next to him grinned unhindered. Wormtongue glared at her. "And you, woman," he snarled. "Are you in league with the imposters?"

Now it was Theoden's turn to snarl. "Do you speak to the sister-daughter of the King of Rohan as such? Make your exit quickly, before my sword finds its place in your heart!"

Wormtongue scrambled out as fast as his treacherous feet could carry him. Nargond was left with Eowyn, Gnadalf, Gimli, and the king.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 01:24 PM   #109
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

WARNING: REALLY BIG POST (but its good, so read it anyway)

ooc: Good post Nariel, that reflects the spirit of Grima well! by the way, Gandalf = g-a-n-d-a-l-f
IC:

Theoden: "Gandalf Stormcrow, what brings you back to Rohan? Your name is not welcome here."

Gandalf: "War brings me, as it will take you."

Theoden: "So it is with you, Stormcrow. Never do you answer plainly."

Gandalf: "Those are the words of Wormtongue, Theoden. But you know there is a reason you should listen; else, why would you have sent Grima away?"

Theoden: "Yet I still know of your treacherous character, Gandalf. What of Shadowfax, Horse of the Mearas, that you stole not half a year ago?"

Gandalf: "I did not steal Shadowfax; he chose to go with me."

Theoden: "Well, the choice was not his to make."

Gandalf: "Enough of this. Bantering over petty grievances will not help us against the threats of Sauron or Saruman."

Eowyn: "Yes, king, let the matter drop, I beseech you. Quarreling overmuch will not avail us and I think that these visitors have indeed grave matters to discuss with us."

Theoden: "And you, Eowyn? You seek only the release of your brother Eomer."

Eowyn: "And rightly so at that. He should be patrolling the Riddermark against Saruman but instead in chains is he. And for what? For slaying orcs, servants of Saruman."

Theoden: "I did but detain him awhile-"

Gandalf: "Detain? Theoden, Eomer is under arrest under the orders of Grima Wormtongue. I think it is time to clear Wormtongue's webs of treachery from your mind."

There is a flash of white, and the room goes black. All that can be seen is Gandalf and his staff, still bright white in the darkness. Slowly the lights come back to normal.

Gandalf: "Take up your sword, Theoden. It is time to fight to defend the Mark, not to chatter like Wormtongue."

As Theoden lifts Herugrim, his ancient sword, a shadow seems to withdraw from his face. He stands up straighter and looks younger. "Westu Theoden Hai!" exclaims Eowyn. "Truly is the Lord of the Mark healed now!"

Theoden: "Yes, indeed. So what have you to say, Gandalf, that required so much trouble?"

Gandalf: "The message is mine perhaps, but it would be most appropriate delivered by your ally... and the Lord of Gondor.

Theoden: "But Denethor is far away, and does not concern himself overmuch with Rohan."

Gandalf: "I did not say Denethor.

Hear now the words of the Heir of Isildur!"

Aure Entuleva!

Last edited by Beleg Strongbow : 10-08-2002 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:30 PM   #110
Helix
Elven Warrior

OOC: Quit knocking me out! Oh, BTW hobbits ride ponies, not horses.
IC: Allorien, I am ever indebted to you for rescuing me from the Uruk-hai, thank you. But what shall we do about Merry and Pippin? And what of the ring? It grows heavy in my mind.

Last edited by Helix : 10-08-2002 at 01:31 PM.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 07:41 PM   #111
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Aragorn:"The orcs are many, and we are unable to battle them all. We shall follow their tracks and hope to find a way to lure Merry and Pippin away without notice of the Uruk-hai."

Frodo: How will be beable to do that Aragorn? It is almost impossible with so many orcs watching Merry and Pippin.

Aragorn looked at the group to make sure they were all there and unharmed.

Aragorn: We shall start now. The more time we spend here the dimer chance we get to rescue Merry and Pippin.

We all gathered our packs and started off again on the trail.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:22 PM   #112
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
ooc: I know how to spell GANDALF, Beleg. I was typing fast that day. You know what I realised? My last post was supposed to be an intorduction of Eowyn, but it kind of wrote itself.

IC: Nargond stepped forward. A single beam of light from a high window shown on his face. Eowyn looked at him, entranced.
He opened his mouth and began to speak.
"Revered lord, I must request your allaiance in a war which has begun involving all of Middle Earth. The Dark Lord Sauron has arisen again and is tormenting all who live. Gondor is as we speak bracing for war. I fear if you do not assist us, all has been for naught!"

Theoden had a confused look on his face. He opened his mouth to ask, but Eowyn broke in first. "We will assist Gondor in its time of need. For what is an ally if he does not do as his name suggests?

ooc: I don't want to write Theoden yelling at her for speaking out of turn. Someone else do it.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 12:40 PM   #113
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Theoden- Eowyn sister daughter, How dare you speak like that!! You should not speak for all of Rohan. this will take much discussion. after all we have Saraman to deal with!

Eowyn- I am sorry for speaking out of place, my lord.

Theodon- Eowyn will you please leave us to discuss this??

Eowyn- yes my Lord. *Eowyn leaves*

occ: someone please take on from here.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 01:19 PM   #114
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

OOC: 200 POSTS!

OOC: I know you know how to spell Gandalf, I was just telling the post that wrote itself

IC:
Gandalf: Saruman is on our minds as well, Theoden. What we ask is your help to combat the forces of darkness in Middle-Earth.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 10-10-2002, 01:39 PM   #115
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren looked strangely at Eowyn as she left.
"I'm sorry," he said, "She reminded me of Finduilas, Orodreth's daughter, something about the way she walked and I was rather taken back many years for a moment."
Theoden looked at the elf with a new respect, now realizing how old he was.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 01:24 PM   #116
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Theoden: "I serve no Dark Lord, and it is time for all to war with him who are not his slaves. Rohan is behind you, Heir of Isildur."

Grima, who was listening at the door, barged in at that comment. "Theoden --"

Theoden: "You will address me as King, Grima."

Grima: "Yes, of course, King Theoden, I merely meant to warn you against allying with these impostors! The mongrel has no proof of his preposterous claim to the kingship of Gondor -- we all know that the kings of Gondor are no more! Our ally is the Steward and Denethor has said nothing to us about alliances!"

Theoden: "That is true, Nargond. What proof do you have of kingship?"

Silently, Nargond reached inside his cloak and brought forth the Elendilmir that had been made for the Heirs of Isildur after Isildur's was lost. The light streaming in from the window of Edoras glinted off it, revealing it in splendor and beauty.

Gandalf himself was stunned. He had not known that Nargond carried such an object and was bracing himself to prove the claim to kingship.

Grima was taken aback but pressed on. "Perhaps you have a pretty piece of jewelry, but that does not make you a king!"

Gandalf had had enough. "Down snake!" he cried in a terrible voice. "Down on your belly! How long has it been now since Saruman bought you?"

Grima cringed and fell, whimpering.

Gandalf spoke in a quieter voice. "See, Theoden, here is a snake. You cannot leave it here, and you cannot take it with you. To slay it would be just. But it was a man once, and did you service in its fashion."

OOC: Tolkien, I'm really, really sorry that I've been plagiarizing. It's just that this is one of my favorite parts - the dialogue...

Aure Entuleva!

Old 10-11-2002, 01:41 PM   #117
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren stepped forward again. "Theoden!" he said loudly. "You should have gotten rid of this snake long ago. Perhaps yopu are right, you cannot prove Nargond's kingship, opr Gandalf even but you know I ama an elf and by Iluvatar I was in Valinor and Beleriand. This..." he roared, drawing Ringil, "Was Fingolfin's sword. The other, which your doorwarden has, is mine, made by the smiths of Nargothrond. Would you doubt me mortal?!?"
Theoden was red and angry..."That sword..." he sputtered.
"Yes my sword! I wouldn't trust anyone with it. Even greater than Gandalf's Glamdring it is. And Glamdring was Turgon's. I knew Turgon Eorlinga. Do not sputter at me. Down you worm," he roared, turning to Grima. Wormtongue cowered, weeping on the floor and Theoden shrank into his throne. Suddenly Fimbren's face softened and he went and put his hand on Theoden's head. "Peace friend" he said gently anmd Theoden sighed.
"Forgive me Mithrandir, but this creature" he spat the last word as he glowered at Grima, "Was getting on my nerves. I think that Theoden must rise now. And take up the sword of his sire Eorl."

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-11-2002 at 01:42 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 09:27 PM   #118
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

hi all!

ooc:im changing back to normal using i is getting annoying, sorry for any inconvienice
IC
Firglinwen: "Perhaps if we made a deversion we could get to those poor hobbits?" Fir asked her group. "I could do something in front of the orcs to draw their attention and could ride as fast as my Asfolas (my horse) can gallop away you could rescue Merry and Pippin and I could lead the orcs away off of a cliff or something that would lead them to their doom."

Last edited by ArwenEvenstar : 10-11-2002 at 09:28 PM.
ArwenEvenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 07:03 PM   #119
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Aragorn: That might work Fir.
Allorien you may have to go and untie them. I beleive it would be best since you would not make much of a sound on the ground that would provoke an orc to returne and find you. The rest of us shall fight any orc who does not follow you.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:56 PM   #120
Allorien
Hobbit

Sam Gamgee Sorry it's such a long post... it kind of "wrote itself" :)

Allorein turned from Frodo to Aragorn. "I will do this, Aragorn...but I'm so scared..." she sighed and fought to regain her courage. She hugged Frodo and gave him a small smile as she braced for this unpleasant thing she knew she must do. She leapt to her feet once again and flipped her long hair over one shoulder. The wind hissed throught the leaves of the trees, and Firglinwen made herself visible to serve as a distraction. Allorien's heart was pounding in her throat, but she crept slowly to the place where Merry and Pippin were tied. Merry shivered uncontrollably and flinched when he felt her hand on his arm. "It's ok, I'm here to help you escape... it's ok... Frodo is here..." with that Pippin turned his face to Allorien. It was dirty and tear-stained and had a harsh, twisted appearance to it. He whimpered. She felt tears stinging behind her eyes and she felt that her heart had been broken. The look in the eyes of the young hobbits was terrifying. "Come on" she said as she freed them. They walked in a confused sort of way, and she almost did start to cry at their pitiful state. Legolas came running to them, and he brought Merry into his arms, but the hobbit turned away. "What is wrong?" cried Legolas with a small note of panic in his voice. As he said this Merry and Pippin turned from small hobbits into grotesque creatures with long claws and small disgusting black eyes. They were tall and Allorien and Legolas both felt a rush in their minds and the burning sensation of the eye of Sauron. The creatures growled and grunted as they swiped their long claws at the two elves. Legolas quickly shot one in it's throat with a well placed arrow, but it did not fall. The enraged creature sped towards Allorien, not knowing that it had been Legolas who shot the arrow. In her blind fleeing, she leapt off a cliff and landed in front of a small cave. In the darkness, she felt her way inside. She could hear the creatures a ways away, still searching for her. Lighting a twig on fire, she glanced around the cavern. To her immense surprise, she saw none other than two small hobbits, who while rather skinny and dirty but seemed almost cheerful. "'ey Mate, it's an elf!" said the one with slightly darker hair. Not that it was very visible through the grungy film on it. "Yes Pip, I kin see 'at." said the other. Pip? thought Allorein wildly. "Merry and Pippin??" she asked before her jaw swung open and refused to close. Pippin laughed. "Yeah, mate, it's us. Say, are you any kin of Legolas Greenleaf?" Allorein blinked and said "yNo, but his friend....I-- was looking for you guys and, and we found you, but it--it wasn't you, it was some creatures and, well, they ch-chased me, and I jumped offa the cliff, and went in this cave, and it-it--well, it's you!!! Legolas and Frodo and Sam and my cousin Firglinwen and Aragorn and Gimli and we're all here and I'm so happy I've found you!!!" Disregarding all the filth, she swung them around in her arms. Laughing, they started a fire and ate the last of a rabbit Merry had found and cooked. They filled each other in on the events of the past while, and then Allorien remembered Legolas and the creatures. Venturing out of the cave, they crept on the dark cliff to the grove of trees where Aragorn had told Allorien to go save the decoy Merry and Pippin. The rest of the fellowship was nowhere in sight, and Allorien's happiness turned into worry, almost riding into panic.

Last edited by Allorien : 10-13-2002 at 05:07 PM.
Allorien is offline   Reply With Quote