Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 01:13 PM   #101
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn
AAAHHH! I HATE THE PINK AND PURPLE MOOT!
Looks like somebody heard ya......
Old 03-23-2002, 01:32 PM   #102
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Okay, then. AHHHH! I HATE THE GREEN AND PURPLE MOOT!
Can't it just go back to the lovely way it was....
I sent Tater a PM pleading for a change, and it said "the recipient's box is full. We have sent an email notifying them of this fact. Please try again later." Or something to that effect. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who's tried...
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-23-2002, 04:24 PM   #103
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
I'll add on to that, BeardofPants:
I hate it when people (mostly girls my age, yargh) profess to love LOTR and then confess freely that they don't really know anything about it, they just love it cause Orlando's so HOT! Yargh. Okay, he's cute, so what? I don't care.
-tano
A woman after my own heart! I used to go to another MB, but after the movie came out, it got besieged by Legolas lovers with names such as 'legolaslurva' 'Mrs Bloom' (y'rch), etc. And they were all people who came on and mutated the topics to all being "Legolas is sooooo HOT!!!!!" ARGH!!!!! So now, I've come here, and have to be a newbie all over again.... *sigh* My other MB had at least 600 posts.
Old 03-23-2002, 04:47 PM   #104
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I really, really hate it when they talk behind my back. It really, REALLY p-i-s-s-e-s me off!!!!
Old 03-23-2002, 06:49 PM   #105
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Yikes. I feel your pain, BeardofPants...even one of my best friends has succumbed! Okay, well, not really...she just agrees that he is hot, which is a concession for her! And she also loves the books (just not obsessed enough to get on here) so, that's alright.
I really hate it when teachers give you tons of homework, seemingly not noticing that you might perhaps have other classes, who then give you tons of work too, and nobody seems to realize you might possibly have a life outside of school! YARGH! And entmoot, even.
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-24-2002, 11:15 AM   #106
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I really hate working in a clothes shop where all the people ask me where the fitting rooms are, where can they pay etc. We have signs so READ THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also hate homework in holidays. Its a hoidy, not a homeworkiday!!

When there are crumbs in the butter. Urgh!!
When there isjam in the butter!!!!!!!
Jam!!!!EEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!
When you go downstairs and there is no butter for your toast.
When you've spent all your pay so cant go to the pub!
Oh, i feel better now.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 03-24-2002, 01:54 PM   #107
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

On htat note, I hate when I'm working retail and I'm wearing my name tag, and people ask me, "Do you work here?"
Old 03-24-2002, 05:00 PM   #108
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Quote:
Its a hoidy
LOL, spelling errors make me laugh so much ometimes - this is one of them...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-24-2002, 05:36 PM   #109
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
On htat note, I hate when I'm working retail and I'm wearing my name tag, and people ask me, "Do you work here?"
I hate it when you work in a deli, and you have the right pronounciation, but some poncy customer thinks that you're saying it wrong.... "Dammit! It's cabanossi, not cabano..." Grrrrr... Who says cabano anyway? Ignorant fool.
Old 03-24-2002, 06:48 PM   #110
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I hate homework. I hate schoolwork. Need I say more? YARGH!
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 03-24-2002, 07:14 PM   #111
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

~I hate software bugs!
~I hate software bugs I make EVEN MORE!!!
~I hate looking for them EVEN MORE!!!

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 03-24-2002, 08:38 PM   #112
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
I hate homework. I hate schoolwork. Need I say more? YARGH!
-tano
... I have a research proposal due in a couple of days, and all I can think about is: how DARE they drag me away from Entmoot?!
Old 03-24-2002, 08:46 PM   #113
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Oooh, a venting thread.

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE STAND IN DOORWAYS!!
Hello?? The doorway is there so that people can get through! DUH!

Oh, same thing goes for stairways.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
Old 03-24-2002, 08:53 PM   #114
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by FrodoFriend
Oooh, a venting thread.

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE STAND IN DOORWAYS!!
Hello?? The doorway is there so that people can get through! DUH!

Oh, same thing goes for stairways.
... and corridors...! Why do people have to stand right in the middle of them?? What's wrong with the sides?

Oh, and I also hate people who are walking in front of you, and suddenly stop! @#%$!
Old 03-24-2002, 08:56 PM   #115
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Yes, exactly!!! Or when they walk really, really, really slow and take up the whole hallway while doing it. Grrr!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

Old 03-24-2002, 09:01 PM   #116
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Whole gaggles of them walking really slowly, and suddenly stopping, and all you want to do is pass them!

I also hate it when you're trying to pass someone really slow, and then they speed up so you can't. Or if you pass them finally, then stop somewhere, they pass you again... gggrrrrrrr!!!!!
Old 03-24-2002, 09:05 PM   #117
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Lol . . . that happens all the time when I drive. Even worse: Semi-trucks trying to race each other! Gah!! The take up both lanes and since neither can get ahead of the other they just block the whole road going 45 mph!! What IS it with people?

Old 03-24-2002, 09:14 PM   #118
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I don't drive, but I can share your pain since me and my uncle once got stuck behind a geriatric driver (the worst!), who was sitting on 30 miles per hours, weaving, etc for two hours! Also, what is it about geriatrics and BIG cars? Why don't they buy a car that fits them?

On the side of pedestrian arguments, I really hate it when turning traffic, who are supposed to give way to peds, don't, and just mow you down, even though they are supposed to let you go. I also hate it, when they run a red light, and almost mow you down, and when they don't indicate, and almost mow you down (see the common theme...?). It's almost like drivers forget, that while they can bop each other and not get hurt, the human body is just a little bit more fragile!

And what is it with taxis and couriers? ack! I was in my rights as a ped, crossing the crossing, when this taxi decided that he wanted to run a light, and me being stubborn (as you're beginning to realise) I refused to move any faster to get out of his way, and I started walking slower, and he was forced to slow down, in the middle of the intersection. And what do you think he did? He started ramming me with his bumper!!!??? @#$%! I'm a human! Not a jumbo derby car!! Dammit.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 03-24-2002 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2002, 09:18 PM   #119
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Yeah, getting mown down or almost mown down does kinda bother me too. So many drivers are just crazy!! It gets pretty bad here in California. Actually around here they're usually just lazy. That's annoying too! People wait for 15 minutes to get a parking space right next to the entrance to the mall or whatever when there are perfectly good ones 30 yards further away! What, is that too far to walk or something?? And they're blocking the whole parking lot! And then they don't use turn signals! And . . . argh. Road rage. What a terrible affliction.

Old 03-24-2002, 09:21 PM   #120
BeardofPants
the Shrike

It is no exageration, the New Zealanders (after the Japanese, and Italians) are amongst some of the worst drivers in the world... Road rage? Forgedda'bout it. We are probably waaaay worst than the US...