Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2002, 01:20 PM   #101
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I could definately use a good LOTR-related dream. Last night I dreamt that our cat who has gone missing 6 months ago came home again. Believe me, that's NOT a nice dream to wake from...
Old 03-24-2002, 07:06 PM   #102
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
I had another LotR dream that I can't remember.
I remembered it! I was Frodo on the journey, and we were on my grandmothers farm. First Legolas climbed a cherry tree. Then we came to a HUGE tree with a million vines hanging down. I got on one of the vines and said, "you don't have to be an Elf to climb in vines!" This got Legolas annoyed, so he climbed all the way to the top of the tree to show me. Then I joked,"Uh-oh, an angry Elf. I'd better run." So I pretended to run away in fear, and Aragorn made us keep on walking. We came to an electric fence that hung so low that only us hobbits couldn't get under it, and it was to high for a hobbit to go over it, but the others did. Then I woke up. Too bad.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 03:55 AM   #103
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I want another dream!!!!!!!! Okay, I'm sure I'll have one eventually. . .

Interesting dream, Arathorn. Long live Flying Iguanas!!! (er, that was wierd. But I want a flying iguana!)

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 09:31 AM   #104
Elf Girl
Lurker

I had another! I had another!

I dreamed I was at the Grey Havens when several boatloads of Elves were departing. (the boats were tiny) At first I was a person standing with Gandalf on the shore watching them depart. Cirdan went with them, but I knew he wasn't going West yet, so I asked Gandalf if Cirdan would come back. Five minutes later, one of the boats was back, with him (Cirdan) in it.
Then for some reason the dream started over again, and I was Smeagol in a cage with Gollum, hanging over the beach. I was trying to jump out onto the beach but Gollum kept stopping me. Then I was a person on the beach again. The Elves were about to leave. I hugged someone (think it was Legolas ) and said, "Goodbye, Goodbye!" and then they got into the boats and I woke up.

That brings my count to 9! Beat that!

Last edited by Elf Girl : 03-25-2002 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-25-2002, 09:37 AM   #105
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Hah! All I can say to you Elf Girl is...

DREAM ON!

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 09:43 AM   #106
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl

That brings my count to 9! Beat that! [/B]
I have had more than nine, but this is my first on in a while. Last night I had a dream that I was riding a bicycle and then (this is soooo embarressing) I realized I didn't have any pants on. Then I realized the people I was riding with were Frodo and Sam. I screamed and rode away. It was a little bit of a disappointing LOTR dream, but better than nothing.
Rosie
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
RosieCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 02:28 PM   #107
Elf Girl
Lurker

Well I'm going to make it at least twelve. (twelve is my favorite number, bet the twelth will be great)

This thread is going to last forever, cause the dreams will keep coming.

I tend to forget my dreams after a while, so I'm glad I can come back here and read them again.

I have to say, some of your dreams are really much crazier than mine. (Six-foot hobbits?!)
Old 03-25-2002, 04:43 PM   #108
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Not really, but does this count? I dreamed that I was in the mall, and I yelled really loudly that: "I HATE Orlando Bloom!!!" and got chased around the complex by a bunch of munchkin 12 year olds who were trying to beat me with sticks.
Old 03-25-2002, 05:03 PM   #109
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Hehehehe...*snort* yeah, that counts.
I may take a nap later (I'm home sick) so...*cross fingers* to dream of LOTR!
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 02:42 AM   #110
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Good luck with your dreaming, Tano! Maybe I'll have a dream tonight!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 01:34 PM   #111
Elf Girl
Lurker

Maybe we should have a group dream effort. We should pick a date, all read the same section of the book before we sleep, and then think about Entmoot, and see if we have the same dreams! Think it'll work?
Old 03-26-2002, 03:32 PM   #112
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

That would be really cool, Elf Girl...except for the fact that we're all over the world and we probably sleep at different times! But we could manage to do something, I guess...
btw, no LOTR dreams yet. Cursed be...
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-26-2002, 04:17 PM   #113
Elf Girl
Lurker

Good point. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Maybe it'll still work, as long as we're asleep on the same night and read the same part of the book?
Old 03-27-2002, 10:01 AM   #114
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

Yes, I had one!!!!!
Okay, its rather long, so here goes:
Nine friends and myself were having over everyone in the Fellowship of the Ring (the people who played them in the movie.) We all picked our favorite and then they just came. (There were 10 of us; my friend Amanda never read LOTR so she had Cynthia Cooper from the WNBA come) Well, they all came, but then I realized we were on Mars. (Stupid Martian Chronicles book) Oh yeah, Alexandra Astin was with Sean. She disappeared, and everyone went looking for her. They all got sucked into the sand and disappeared. Everyone else just left, saying "Oh well." I started crying because I thought Sean Astin and Elijah Wood (my friend Jackie's guest) were dead. Two week later, I was in the kitchen of my house cooking when Alexandra popped out of the sand with Sean and Elijah close behind. They were being attacked my a giant snapping turtle. I did this amazing flying leap (through my kitchen window) and tackled the turtle. We all escaped inside. I never did find the rest of them. Seam Astin said they found a space ship and went back to Earth. Poor Sean, Elijah, and Alexandra were left behind. So they lived with me.
THE END
Rosie
Old 03-27-2002, 10:21 AM   #115
Elf Girl
Lurker

That's strange. I've never had a dream about the movie, just the book.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:27 AM   #116
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

I've had both.
Rosie
PS: They're very different because the movie ones generally deal with me chasing after Sean Astin or Elijah Wood.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:12 PM   #117
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

That's a really weird dream, Rosie. Heh. Yeah...Sean Astin...Not many people seem to appreciate him as much as Elijah Wood. I think EW is cute, but personally I prefer Sam (books and movies, too!). I wouldn't mind a dream about Sam. Anything LOTR, actually...how do you all do it? Anything special?
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 03-27-2002, 07:34 PM   #118
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
how do you all do it? Anything special?
Not really. I find it helps to debate a LotR question in your mind right before you sleep.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:29 PM   #119
Khadrane
Elf Lord

I had a dream once that I was with my family on vacation and we were driving at night in the middle of the wilderness (probably somewhere in Wyoming ) and there was this LOTR store. They had a big old sign that said Lord of the Rings and the "O" in "Lord" was a Ring, and I went inside and they had all books and all the movies (It was before the real ones, so the movies were the lousy cartoons) There was also action figures and stuff. It was cool.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 02:02 PM   #120
Khadrane
Elf Lord

Once I had a dream that I went to see FOTR again, and at the end they had half of TTT. It wasn't that cool of a dream, but now, at the end of FOTR, they are showing TTT trailer, and I had that dream like a month ago. I think I can tell the future.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote