Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 04:59 PM   #101
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
Treebeard

lostyia stares at the group forming, the dog, the dwarf, and the two elves. Having a feeling that they would be her way out of this place before she was murdered in her sleep she approached them with her hood still covering her odd features (orange and blue hair and pale green skin)

Lostyia: I here you are need of ppl for a crew?

occ: for those of you who think my character is familier well that is because she is a much younger version of the one in Key to skystone. not as rude and uses no magic. exept for the handful of tricks. she is 165 instead of the 2765 year version some know and love.
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Old 01-07-2005, 05:05 PM   #102
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Ethuiliel (to Gulio): Mae Govannen. I suppose since we're gonna be crewmates, we might as well get to know eachother. What brought you out here, uh...?

Gulio: Gulio

Ethuiliel: Gulio

OOC: Love? Nothing against you, but the older Padroot can be rather annoying at times. And I didn't know she had "orange and blue hair and pale green skin."

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."

Last edited by ethuiliel : 01-07-2005 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:12 PM   #103
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

OOC:Would everyone be so kind as to read my post, which I apologise for in advance.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-07-2005, 08:00 PM   #104
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Eärniel cast a mournful look at the harbour. She probably wouldn't be able to leave the ship again during their stay here.*

Eärniel: *mutters* So much for a quiet visit to ol' Mithlond. Stupid Tandol. I wish 'im itch and a short arm! And then people wonder why I gave up sailing for merchants in favor for piracy. Fne...

*She followed the captain below deck. She also made a mental note to check whether she had maps of this 'Kiacca'-world. She had a feeling they might wind up there eventually. But that would have to wait until the meeting with the captain.*

Eärniel: *still in gloomy muttering mode* Endangering new recruits they very night they're hired.... The captain will probably put me on scrubbing duty for that. *sighs*
Old 01-07-2005, 10:18 PM   #105
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Sorry about not posting yester eve but I am going to be a stage manager at a theater and had to interview for the part.

The elf introduced himself as Faligorn and Sicirus smiled despite the fight that had just erupted between her mates and a few morons who had the nerve to try and fight them. After the crew left with a few of the new members Sicirus decided to continue her recruiting.

Sicirus: You sound quite skilled. Now answer me this "which creature would you be unwilling to kiss?"

Faligorn: Huh????

Sicirus: Sorry it was in a book I was reading.

Faligorn: Right. Well anyway I wish to join your crew and sail the seas and maybe learn some new tricks in the trade of ships and piracy.

Sicirus: Well then I think with your background.... if you really are what you say you are. Which by the way we will find out if you are lying and make you eat your own guts and tongue BOY!!!!!!!!

Faligorn: *steps back* *nods slowly trying not to make any quick movements around the foaming mouthed priate staring at him* I swear I am not lying and will be a loyal crew mate and hard working pirate.

Sicirus: *goes back to normal* Oh okay then welcome aboard.

OOC: I hope this wasn't too much. Sorry If I used Faligorn too much. And I will get to LDP after I recruit Faligorn.

Last edited by Sicirus : 01-07-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:52 PM   #106
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: Poo, I missed all the fun! And Pansy did not get to reveal her secret super-weapon. Ah well. When's the next fight, eh? *mutters* I need tea.

ic:
*Pansy nods to the rather dead-ish looking fellow politely. Never met a vampire before, but she didn't like judging people. She climbed aboard nimbly and grinned around at the ship.*

Pansy: This is lovely, I say!
CC: Lovely?
Pansy: Um...Dandy? Super? Splenderific? It's real nice.
*Pansy shuffles about uncertainly*
Pansy: So! What do we do now? Are we off immediately or do we have time for a spot of tea? I always have tea–and carrots of course.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
Old 01-07-2005, 10:53 PM   #107
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien climbs down onto the deck, briefly looking at the new crew.
Luthien: *mutters* could be worse

Luthien scans the dock for anything suspicious before turning to one of the new recruits that the captain had left her with.

Luthien: I'm Luthien, the helmswoman/sneaky theif extraordinaire. And you are?
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Old 01-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #108
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurv: Right captain! Hey Count, why don't I climb down and hand her up to you.
CC: No problem.

*Nurvingiel climbs back down to the docks*

Nurv: I'll help you aboad if you like.
Waif: I can get aboard, thanks.
Nurv: Alright then, go ahead.

*The waif climbs up the rope ladder, with Nurvingiel following her closely. The Count reaches over and gives her a hand climbing aboard.*

Count: Maybe we can get that tea later Pansy.
Nurv: Yeah, I'll join you!
Pansy: Great guys.
Nurv (to waif): The Captain wants to see you below as well.
Waif: (nods)

*Nurvingiel, the Count, and the waif all head below, following Eärniel.*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-08-2005, 02:47 AM   #109
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Fingolfun looked up.

Fingolfun: Fingolfun, son of Findor.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:24 AM   #110
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Having grabbed a chocolate bar from her cabin, Eärniel made her way to the captain's chamber. Nurvingiel and the count just came below deck with Willow's messenger. Eärniel nodded and motioned them to follow her. The captain would be waiting.*
Old 01-08-2005, 09:10 AM   #111
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

*Pansy looks up at the elf who had just appeared from somewhere.*

Pansy: Oh, hullo. Nice to meet you, Luthien. I'm Pansy Hogswallop of Frogmorton, at your service. *little bow*
Luthien *takes Pansy's hand*: And you're a–
Pansy *cuts in*: Hobbit, yes.
Luthien: I thought Hobbits didn't–
Pansy: Like water. Yes, but I do. I'm rather abnormal when it comes to race stereotypes.

*Pansy watches some of her crewmembers go below. 'I always get left out, don't I?' she thought somewhat huffily but dismissed it.*

Pansy: So, what would you like me to do?

Old 01-08-2005, 04:24 PM   #112
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

XK was pacing her cabin, deep in thought when there was a knock at the door and Eärniel, Nurvingiel, the Count and their prisoner all entered the room. She turned to face them as Eärniel shut the door.

XK:Thank ye. Please, all take a seat.

She gestured to the pile of cushions and mixed hides dotted around the floor of the small space. The waif took the seat at the desk, looking benignly at the captain.

XK: So. Sent to me by Willow and Tano, were you?
Waif: Yes. A helping hand, she said.
XK: Did she now. Count, could you go on deck and bring Luthien down please. In fact, bring them all. *turns back to waif* Well, I think you'll be finding the brig suitable accomodation for this journey. And you may keep your friendly gift to yourself. Tanoliel and Willow are deserters, and I intend to treat them that way.
Waif: Ah..well...
XK: *turns away from the waif* Eärniel, when the others get down here would you show them to their dorms. They can work out who they want to share with. Oh, but I might warn you now, Flannery shares the dorms too. *grins* I noticed Nurvingiel, you weren't too pleased to see our late friend? No matter, I am sure you will get used to him.

She walked around her desk and sat down, feet up on the desk as the others glanced around her cabin. It was mainly filled with manuscripts, unusual languages, and weaponry.

XK: So, waif. What's your name? Do you have one?

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-08-2005, 05:05 PM   #113
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel resolved to keep a close eye on the waif, whenever possible. She blushed deeply at the captain's accurate assessment.*

Nurv: Erm... well, being from Mirkwood and all, we tend to not be very trustworthy about... stuff... er... I'll get over my misgivings...

*She trailed off lamely, embarassed about stuttering in front of her Captain. Practically, she did realize that it was the waif that was untrustworthy, not Flannery.*
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-08-2005, 08:06 PM   #114
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

faligorn smiled at the (young lady?), thank ye kindly, however i am not an elf, despite the light in my eyes, just a man, of the house of Elendilhe went on, shouldering his pack
Old 01-08-2005, 08:26 PM   #115
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*Doing as he was told, the young man went back on deck to get the others.*

Count: Shoot, if only I could remember how we got to the captain's cabin... oh well, I guess up is the best way.

*By sheer dumb luck, he finds himself where he should be.*

Count: Luthien, everybody... the captain wants us all to come down.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:50 PM   #116
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

*Pansy, very glad at being called below 1)because she felt included, 2)because she might be able to put off scrubbing anything for a while. She followed Count down the steps and into the Captain's cabin in time to hear her say something about sharing quarters. She sort of gravitated towards Nurvingiel, not wanting to get stuck with a bad roommate.*

Pansy *looks up*: Wanna be my dorm-buddy? I'd rather stick with you *lowers voice* I mean to say that I'd feel more comfortable with you than–others.

*Pansy felt she should probably keep quiet, this being her first day on the job and everything. She was having a terrible Tea craving though. She really can't go very long without it or she starts having withdrawls. Her stomach growled loudly and she shuffled around, waiting for the Captain to start interrogating the waif.*

Old 01-09-2005, 12:01 AM   #117
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Meanwhile the 'deserters' had been welcomed by Willow's contacts and had subsenqently been lead to the Solis hideout of the person they were searching for. They are now standing in the garishly decorated front room of The House with No Address.

Tano: Are you sure this is a good idea?

Willow: That's the thousandth time you've asked that, and no, I'm not sure, but it's the best one we have at the moment-

There is a noise from behind them and they turn to face their host; A strong and stocky woman dressed in a blindingly gaudy assortment of clothing that clashes with her graying, red hair. The lines around her mouth and eyes proclaim her to be old, nearing seventy in fact. She looks her visitors over and smiles sarcastically.

Woman: Well, lookie who we have here. Never thought I'd see you associate with pirates Highness. This a social call or am I in trouble?

Willow: Neither, Maeve.

Maeve: Oh? Who's you're friend?

Tano: And who's she?

Willow: Tano, I'd like to introduce you to Captain Maeve. Kiacca's fastest, smartest, powerfullest, oldest and most... *eyes Maeve's clothing* colorful pirate. Maeve this is Tano, my crewmate.

Maeve: Crewmate? *turns to Tano* Where's your ship girl?

Tano: Um... back in my world, and hopefully on its way.

Maeve: Hopefully huh? You two better start talking.

Willow: Sorry Maeve, we can't tell you everything. Suffice to say our Cap'n was accosted just after finding what she had been seeking. We grabbed it and ran in order to keep it safe. We meant for the rest of our crew to follow and catch up to us and when they didn't come within a day we came through to this world. We were hoping you could show us where they are and what they're doing. We need to get back to them as soon as possible, before there's a misunderstanding.

Maeve: I see. How long since you came through?

Tano: About... two, three days? Four at most.

Maeve: You do know that time runs faster over there than it does here right?

Tano and Willow both give her looks of shock.

Willow: No, we didn't...

Tano: How much faster?

Maeve: About a week to a day, give or take a bit.

Willow: But that means...

Tano: We've been missing from over there for at least a fortnight! Oh man... Cap'n's gonna be pissed!

Maeve: You might get lucky. Anyway, I don't do much in the way of scrying, but I ought to be able to get you a look at your mates.

Willow: You'll do it then?

Maeve: I owe you, unfortunately.

Later... they are gathered around Maeve's scrying table. A waist high, slighty concave structure made of some highly polished, reflective stone. But their own reflections are not to be seen, shown inside the surface are the crew of the Nal, in the Captain's cabin. The picture and sound are blurry at first, then abruptly they sharpen and the three watching it witness this scene...

XK was pacing her cabin, deep in thought when there was a knock at the door and Eärniel, Nurvingiel, the Count and their prisoner all entered the room. She turned to face them as Eärniel shut the door.

XK:Thank ye. Please, all take a seat.

She gestured to the pile of cushions and mixed hides dotted around the floor of the small space. The waif took the seat at the desk, looking benignly at the captain.

XK: So. Sent to me by Willow and Tano, were you?
Waif: Yes. A helping hand, she said.
XK: Did she now. Count, could you go on deck and bring Luthien down please. In fact, bring them all. *turns back to waif* Well, I think you'll be finding the brig suitable accomodation for this journey. And you may keep your friendly gift to yourself. Tanoliel and Willow are deserters, and I intend to treat them that way.

Suddenly the connection is lost and the aforementioned 'deserters' snap back to their present time and place still in shock at what they've heard.

Maeve: *breaking the silence* Looks like you weren't lucky after all.

Tano: She's saying we're deserters? We left a bloody note! We told them very clearly that we were taking the Wine to safety and that they should follow us! That's not deserting that's... that's...

Maeve: Something else entirely?

Tano: Exactly!

Maeve: Your former crew doesn't seem to see it that way.

Tano: Then we'll just have to prove to them that we had good reason.

Willow: How?

Tano: No clue. But we can't let them catch us before we do whatever it is we're going to.

Maeve: So what about this Wine you mentioned? Some sort of relic?

Willow: Sort of.

Tano: More like the last remaining example of a lost art.

Maeve: I'm good at lost arts, do tell.

Willow: Wait, not before you promise to help us.

Maeve: How?

Willow: Meet the Nal as it comes through, I'll tell you the rest later. Just, help us now and I'll declare your ransom paid.

Maeve: In full?

Willow: Yes.

Maeve: Agreed. Now tell me what you know and we'll see if we can't figure out some way to fix this problem.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 01-09-2005, 08:39 AM   #118
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel smiled at Pansy, very glad for the distraction, and also for her new friend's company.*

Nurv: Hey, I'd love to be your dorm mate! Are you sure we have dorms?
Pansy: Actually... I don't know. I do know I really want some tea though.
Nurv: I love tea!
Pansy: An Elf after my own heart, I see.
Nurv: Well, let's try to get bunks, or hammocks, or whatever it is, beside each other. This ship looks pretty big but I kind of doubt we'll have our own rooms. I could be wrong of course.

*Stop rambling git! she thought.*
Quote:
Old 01-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #119
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sicirus sighed. Nobody else had come up to her for awhile and she looked around the pub for any other "interesting " characters that may be of some use. Nobody seemed to be around except perverted human men and dwarves that were talking about how hard certain types of stones are and how many they can use to sharpen their axes with. Boring she thought to herself. Maybe it was time she took the three new recruites she had and leave. I mean the more crew mambers she recruited the more alcohole they would have to split between them all.

Sicirus: *Turns to the two elves and dwarf* Well I think it may be time to start the first jounrey of the rest of your lives.

Others: ......

Sicirus: We go to the Nal now. *Sigh* (I just can't use pirate terms with these lot can I!)

But before Sicirus headed out the bar door she decided to wait just a few more mintues. Somethimes the last person to you suspect will be the best crew mate ever. Maybe there is one other person here worth putting to work on our ship.

OOC; So anymore recruits or are they all just coming up to the ship now?

Last edited by Sicirus : 01-09-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:01 PM   #120
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Tiny: Waiting there..Doing nothing. When am I going to be able to cook?

She didn't think anyone heard.
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Closed Thread