Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-07-2007, 01:20 AM   #101
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion's heart dropped into his stomach at the look shared between Galadriel and Celeborn. Before Celeborn told him he knew that the news would not be good, and it wasn't. He meant to ask Celeborn if he knew anymore about it than that it was a servant of the enemy. He wanted to know even more when Celeborn infered that it only a matter of time before even safety in the Golden Wood would be gone. He was just about to ask when the two guards Revion had passed at the bottom of the tree came bursting through the doors.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #102
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"My Lord and Lady," said the first guard as he came to a halt beside Celleborn, "We appologize for leaving our post, but we can no longer stand idle at the evil which is poisoning our beloved home."
Revion's face shown a mixed look of astonishment and rage. Galladriel shot him a glance, and words suddenly seemed to form in his mind.
"Revion, these two come bearing hostility towards both you and Raenambar. Trust me, I have seen their hearts. Go, quickly, and as soon as you think he is ready you must take Raenambar and flee. My people are no longer safe for you to be near. Go! Before they accuse you of evil."

Last edited by Tuinor : 02-07-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:39 AM   #103
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion swallowed hard as he listened to the words that the Lady spoke to him and looked at the two guards. He understood that they had to leave soon but from the looks of Raenambar he knew that it likely wouldn't be right away. He also feared that whatever happened to Raenambar might happen again and they wouldn't be near friends to help when it did. As he used the confrontation between the two elves and Celeborn as a diversion and slipped out to find Raenambar he sent a desparate thought to Gladriel, hoping she be able to sense his thoughts.
Please, he thought is there anyway to help Raenamabar should this occur again? If there is, what is it? My Lady, when I first appeared before you all those year ago you offered me a gift. I ask of it now. If there is a way to help Raenambar should this happen what it is, please tell me what it is.

Last edited by Pip : 02-08-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #104
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

As if awakening from a deep sleep, he saw, and for the first time his sight brought hope. Light, if even weaker than the faintest star, broke the endless darkness. He heard a voice, and though he could not understand its words, he could feel the compassion in it. He longed to see the speaker, but all he saw was that tiniest glimmer of light, and that he would not let go of, not after being in such darkness. Its tiny rays glinted in his eyes, and it gave him such hope that he might escape this torment.
Memories suddenly came to him: he recalled his awakening under the care of Lady Galladriel; of the learning of his name, Raenambar; he recalled sitting aloft on his favorite branch in the City of Trees watching the sun rise; he remembered his long hikes through the golden wood of Lothlorien; and, then, he remembered meeting his friend, Revion. Then his memories began to return very quickly. He suddenly remembered that he couldn't remember his earlier life, and he found that that had not changed. He remembered what had brought him to this, and that fell scream that had plunged him into darkness. He so desparately wanted to move, but he feared doing so would take from him the only light he now knew.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #105
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion rushed into the area where Raenambar has been taken. His friend had not woken up yet just as he feared.
"Raenambar," he whispered urgently as if that would wake his friend. He knew how imperative it was that they get out and soon, but he knew they wouldn't be able to travel, not with the older elf in this state. He looked up at the elf that has been in there with them.
"Have you been able to figure out how to help him?" he asked.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:04 AM   #106
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"I am afraid that we have only begun to understand what it is that afflicts him," said the Elf who was in charge of Raenambar. "But he seems to be recovering, if only slowly. His skin grows warmer, and his heart rate has picked up, but he hasn't yet awoken."

Suddenly, as Raenambar fought for the courage to move, he heard his name being called. He felt warmth fall on his back, and he wished he could turn around to see what had called him.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #107
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion was slightly encouraged by the statement that Raenambar was getting better, but he was still anxious to get them leaving before something seriously wrogn happened. He knelt beside his friend and cup his face in his hands, noticing that his skin was getting warmer as the other elf had just told him.
"Raenambar," he whispered again. "Raenambar, please my friend, please wake soon. Trouble is stirring, and we must leave."
Old 02-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #108
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar felt the warmth on his back grow, even as he stared off at the tiny glimmer of light in front of him. He sensed a voice calling his name from behind him, bidding him to come. And, as if in agreement, he felt the voice that had come from the light bidding him to go. He wanted desperately to turn around and see who was calling him, but he feared to leave the light that had been his only relief from darkness. He fought with himself for many long moments, but then he realized something. He suddenly saw how similar this situation had been to his whole life in Caras Galadhon. He knew that he had valued the comforts and safety of the city, but he also knew that greater things were out there to be discovered. This revelation promted him, and with courage renewed he nodded and spun as fast he could around towards the voice that called him.

Raenambar awoke suddenly to find himself laying on a bed in a small room that he knew rested in the haven of Caras Galadhon. He looked up into his friend's concerned face and with a look of sudden understanding he said, "So, it was you who was calling me, eh?"
Old 02-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #109
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion's concerned face suddenly beamed into a wide smile when his friend opened his eyes and spoke to him.He nodded to Raenambar's statement.
"Yes," he agreed before adding, "I don't know how much you heared but we must leave soon. There are two elves expressing their disapprovment of us to Lord Celeborn right now. The lady told me that she sees hostility in their hearts toward us and that we must leave as soon as we can. Are you able to travel?"

Last edited by Pip : 02-10-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #110
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Travel? I'm not sure," Raenambar stated. He at once tried to sit up, but as he rose from the bed, he felt a seering pain on his back. He hissed in pain as he sat up, but he was resolved not to lie back down.
"It hurts," Raenambar said, pointing to his back, "but I'll be able to travel. Besides, I've been in Lorien for too long a time."
Raenambar stood, and found that the less he moved his back, the less pain he felt, which was good, but he didn't think to look at his back to see why it pained him so.
"Ugh," said he as he stood, "the two talking with the Lady; it isn't those two guards, is it?"
Old 02-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #111
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion's eyes widened when he saw the obvious pain that his friend was in and when Raenambar mentioned that his back hurt. When Raenambar asked if the two elves were the two guards Revon gave a frustrated sigh.
"Yes," he said as the two left the room with heart felt looks of thanks toward the physician that had been helping Raenambar and headed toward the flet to gather their things.
"They came up shortly after Celeborn had you taken to the healing house and I had explained what happened," he continued. "They claimed that they could no longer take the 'evil' that was 'poisoning' the wood. That was when the lady told be that we needed to leave immediately."He thought for a moment before adding "I'm quite glad now that I didn't follow protocol and just pushed passed them when brining you up. Had I let them stop us, we might have had more of a problem."
Old 02-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #112
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

It turned out that Elnar could do very little across the miles that seperated him and his sister. But his power added to Eruanna's miger healing ability, helped a bit.

Thank you, my brother
Anytime. His voice seemed strained.
How long have you been away from your body? she asked, worried touching her thoughts.
I'm not sure. Minutes. Hours.
Go! Before you kill yourself She pushed him out of her mind before he could say anymore. "How is your shoulder, Boramir?" He worked his shoulder.
"I'll live" he said. "Thank you."
"For you" One of the Rangers approached.
"The Nazgul retreated, Captian"
"I would not count on him being gone for too long," Eruanna said. "He will return"

Elnar gasped when he returned to his body. Opening his eyes, he looked up at Anfal's worried face.
"Don't you ever do that again, Elnar!" he said helping the half elf to his feet.
"How long?"
"An hour or more" Elnar frowned. He had pushed it this time.
"I fear for the Halflings, Anfal. I fear something big is about to happen and it will include all races"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #113
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"I believe Lady Galadriel is correct, my friend," Raenambar stated as the two finally reached their flet in the canopy of Mallorns, "we would be better off to leave. Tonight, if possible."
Suddenly, a voice intruded upon the supposed privacy of the two elves.
"Pardon, my lords," it said. Revion and Raenambar turned around to see the physician that had helped them just earlier. "I am sorry to interrupt you, but I have just been sent from the Lady Galladriel concerning you. It seems as though she is worried for your safety, and wishes to help keep you safe. She told me to present this gift to Revion specifically."
He held out his hand, and in it was a crystal pendant attached to a silver chain. Light glistened from the small gem, and to whoever saw it it gave a sense of peace.
"I know not where this treasure came from; the Lady only told me that if one wears it then he shall be protected from darkness. It makes sense, really. In the dark that gem would give off plenty of light to see by; yet, I don't see why you would need it, unless you intend on passing through Moria. I would strongly advise against that, though."
Old 02-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #114
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion gazed at the pendant for a few moments as the healer described it and told them that they shouldn't go through Moria before taking it. He put it aound his neck and tucked the crystal inside his tunic.
"Thank you," he said said reverently. "And would you pass my thanks along to the Lord and Lady please?"
Old 02-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #115
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Of course, my lord." said the healer as he turned about and went on his way.
"My thanks as well," Raenambar said, giving a short wave to the healer as he left. When the elf had gone out of side around the other side of the mallorn, he turned to Revion and said, "Hmm, the Lady is very kind. Just looking at that seems to wash away the pain from my back. It shall be very handy if my back starts to hurt on the way to Rivendell. That brings up another disicion to make, though. Are we indeed going to be traveling through Moria? From what I have heard, which is only whispers here and there, Moria is a very evil place."
Old 02-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #116
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion pondered Raenambar's words thoughtfully before sighing in frustration and replying,
"In truth I do not know. It wold be the fastest way through the mountains. However, I would rather not intrude on a Dwarven settlement unless in dire need, considering the conflict between our races. But I feel in my heart if there is something more going on there than the Dwarves. I feel that there is evil dwelling there as you have said, but I don't know what it is or if this even true, if it's not brought on by the rumors of evil that we hear about. I myself have never been through Moria and I know of many passages through the misty mountain at any rate if we chose to not go through Moria."
Old 02-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #117
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Then let us not go through Moria," Raenambar said, "if we can avoid it, but let us go and quickly. I do not wish to remain long enough for those two guards to start a riot or anything. I'd much rather leave of my own free will."
With that, Raenambar turned to gather his things. The first thing he saw lying on his bed was his belt with the two swords attached to it by their sheathes. He nodded to himself as he made a grab for the black blade lying nearest to him.
"This world is dying!" He suddenly heard a voice scream. Eerily, the voice sounded much like his own. He glanced back at Revion, who seemed to not have heard it. He turned around and nervously reached out for the white blade.
"Is that why you left!?" screamed the voice again as he took hold of the white blade. He turned to Revion, but the younger elf seemed to be oblivious to the last question as well.
"Uh..." Raenambar said, glad to hear that he was still in control of his voice, but still very uneasy, "hey, Revion? How- uh, how are things in there? Are you finding what you need easily enough?"
It was a dumb question, but Raenambar knew he had to say something. He began to fear that he might fall into darkness again.

Last edited by Tuinor : 02-13-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:17 AM   #118
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion came out with his pack and weapons all packed and ready to go.
"Yes," he said. "I gathered everything together last night so that when it was time to go I'd be ready. Why?"
Revion noticed the slightly perturbed look on Raenambar's face and grew concerned.
"Are you alright?" he asked.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:26 AM   #119
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"I, uh, I must be hearing things," Raenambar said, shaking his head. "Though, it reminded me of back there when I fell." Fear began to fill him as realization of his situation began to set in. "What's happening to me?"
Old 02-13-2007, 12:39 AM   #120
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion gazed at Raenambar, now thouroughly worried at this point when his friend look as if he was about to become rather agitated. He was also worried about how the elder elf was hearing things.
"Lord Celeborn said that that cry we heard was probably a servant of the enemy, which would explain some of your reaction. He also said that we'd be safe in Lorien for a time being. But considering how upruptly we're leaving and," he paused uncomfotably for a few moments, "you history, it could be why you're hearing things. Do they sound familiar at all?"
After asking this Revion shot a brief look down at the forest floor, scanning for potential trouble that would caused them to need to hurry mre than they already were.