Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 08:54 PM   #101
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
IIRC this position is abbreviated as Bosun and I think they're responsible for maintenance of the ship - an endless task. I'd have to google it to be sure though.
well, u know faligorn's character by now, he is up for anything
Old 01-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #102
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I am having a little trouble posting my part because the character I am talking to or trying to recruit is absent. But I guess I will give her a chance to come back. But I can't really post till then unless something major happens.

I don't mind taking watch. Sicirus loves the night and the sea too much to leave into the cabins.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:50 AM   #103
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel

These watches... are they likely to be actually used on the game?
Not as such. I don't think it's practical for people to only post on their watch. That would mean we'd need to know what the time is ALL the time. But for example, say we were attacked by giant seals at night time, then we'd know which character was on watch to see it, and ring the bell to warn and wake everyone!

I don't know. It might be useful to include watch changes in the game every now and then. But it isn't a big deal.

Katt and Last Child, could you post character profiles for us, please. Nothing massively detailed, just so we can get an idea of your character.

Sicirus, don't worry, we know you're still playing the game. There's no point in posting when you don't need to as it clogs up the thread with unnecessary posts. This you know. But I think it'll be good for everyone (including myself) to bear in mind.

Tiny, in the thread could you edit this line please? "XK: Can I come back later and tell you all that? Because I have to go run and grab something okay?"

I'm talking to CC, so it would be far easier for you to come over to me, interupt (politely ) and I'll say make your way down when your shift ends. In fact, once I've finished talking to CC, I think I'm going to take CC, Nurv and Ethuiliel to the Nal. So, if you can engineer an early finish that'd be good, otherwise you can go when Earniel does. I'll wait and see if Earniel and Sicirus are done with Pansy and Gulio. If they are then they can come with me back to the ship too.

And for future reference...it's never a good idea to shout Xenoia's name across crowded bars. Don't change that! But I'm just letting everyone know, it often causes trouble.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-05-2005 at 06:24 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:39 AM   #104
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I hope you and Tiny don't mind that I went a little further into the shouting business. It was a nice opportunity to tie it into what Eärniel said before to Cirdan. I have an inkling those 5 days may not turn out to be so quiet as Cirdan hoped.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:54 AM   #105
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfmaster XK
I didn't mean anything in an offensive way. Just trying to protect you from our 9002 year old perv Anduril. Don't worry.
Yes Bunnie Queen, there is nothing to worry about.

Nothing at all.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:21 AM   #106
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Maybe Anduril should stay in the room (the room is locked)..? j/k, I'm sure it would be much more fun for you to play a more active character.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #107
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
I hope you and Tiny don't mind that I went a little further into the shouting business. It was a nice opportunity to tie it into what Eärniel said before to Cirdan. I have an inkling those 5 days may not turn out to be so quiet as Cirdan hoped.
Ah, trust my troublesome Eärniel... I don't mind at all. But obviously, our little cook does have things to learn about us. Ie. That we probably have more enemies than friends

Quote:
Yes Bunnie Queen, there is nothing to worry about.

Nothing at all.
Oi, you! Stop that and introduc yourself. I recommend when the group with me and Eärniel in it leaves the pub, you call me and I will turn and talk to you as someone I knew previously. Either that, or you can be waiting on the Nal. Or you get recruited by Sicirus. But enter the game!

Quote:
Maybe Anduril should stay in the room (the room is locked)..?
If he misbehaves I'll lock him back in there.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-05-2005, 12:21 PM   #108
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

What Tiny and Eärniel did in the RPG makes a lot of sense though. Why would Tiny know you have more enemies than friends? (Though maybe the pirate thing is a bit of a tip-off... )

Can we have a bar fight? Maybe that's how Anduril gets introduced, swinging punches on our side.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-05-2005, 12:33 PM   #109
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
What Tiny and Eärniel did in the RPG makes a lot of sense though. Why would Tiny know you have more enemies than friends? (Though maybe the pirate thing is a bit of a tip-off... )
I know. I wasn't implying she should know. What I meant was now she will know Plus, I didn't actually tell Tiny that we're pirates. Eärniel was far more honest with you...I was more, let's say, roundabout.

Quote:
Can we have a bar fight? Maybe that's how Anduril gets introduced, swinging punches on our side.
We could. You have left the thread open for it so if that's what everyone wants it is steered in that direction

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-05-2005, 01:10 PM   #110
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

lol XK! I know that you know.

Oh gee, look at that. I did leave it open. Mwehehe...

I have no idea how to post a fight without taking 18 pages though... maybe we can godmod a lot and post for several NPCs? What should be decided in advance. (If we do in fact have a bar fight).
Quote:
Old 01-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #111
Elfmaster XK

In this RPG the only things you're really not allowed to do with other people's characters (unless pre-arranged) are: 1/Kill them. 2/Badly injure them. 5/Make them leave a scene.

If anyone gets upset or when using someone else's character they do something very OC, the 'owner' then can always post in the discussion and ask for an edit. A note on this though is XK is still injured, (stabbed in the shoulder) so not up to a hugeous fight. We should probably decide who's involved, any injuries, and if Anduril or any new characters are going to enter.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-05-2005, 04:45 PM   #112
Earniel

Quote:
I made sense? Ah, there's hope for me yet.

Quote:
o.O Cirdan's going to kill me if he finds out.

We could also have a street fight, that way Sicirus can still recruit untroubled in the bar while we fight and we can run away and hide in the dark if the fight gets too much for us (with EXK being injured and all). And maybe Cirdan never learns of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXK
In this RPG the only things you're really not allowed to do with other people's characters (unless pre-arranged) are: 1/Kill them. 2/Badly injure them. 5/Make them leave a scene.
1,2,5... I like your method of counting.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #113
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Quote:
1,2,5... I like your method of counting.
He he... Monty Python!!

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 01-05-2005, 05:45 PM   #114
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Three sir!

Erm... yes... a street fight sounds fine with me. Eärniel, Pansy, and Nurvingiel can leave the bar together and we could be followed out. Then we get in a brawl as we walk towards the ship. I'd volunteer Nurvingiel to get injured, but she probably wouldn't because this is the sort of fight she would be good at. She might if someone gave her a cheap shot from behind, and hey, you can always get injured in a fight no matter how good you are. This still gives Anduril the chance to join in too, or in the pub if he prefers.
Quote:
Old 01-05-2005, 06:44 PM   #115
Earniel

You don't have to get yourself injured, though.

Three to four women under attack at night, how would Anduril let such a chance for heroism slip?
Old 01-05-2005, 07:33 PM   #116
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Faligorn, a man of Lebennin
35 years old, can become skilled in anything he turns his hand to
recently helped defeat the besieged capital of Harad with many others
6 ft tall, long black hair, lip and nose pierced,
Old 01-05-2005, 08:31 PM   #117
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
You don't have to get yourself injured, though.

Three to four women under attack at night, how would Anduril let such a chance for heroism slip?
Heroism? Is that what they're calling it these days?

Hey Chrys, is this THE Faligorn of Nomads? I thought we never finished that RPG... And since this is set before the war of the ring (even loosely) what would it mean for your character that there was a seige in Harad...

Maybe I'm overthinking it too much, but I do like to sort people out time and location-wise. If they are all in the same time it helps...
Quote:
Old 01-05-2005, 08:35 PM   #118
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

well, i just pick him up and put him in whatever RPG i like, he's quite versatile, he was also the Galiforn from forsaken inn, just swapped f and g
Old 01-06-2005, 05:46 AM   #119
Elfmaster XK

Some things to think about

Quote:
Three sir!
Sorry....three, of course

Quote:
with EXK being injured and all
I can still fight a bit! It's just more probable I'd get injured again! But I won't...I'll be careful. My character is going to stay back, and will see some people follow you out. Then we can follow and help, but I can avoid a lengthy fight.

[Edit]

Okay, having read the thread I have a few little notes, or...well things to keep in mind.
  • Please, Please, PLEASE, make sure you read everything that has happened since you last posted. Don't just read the post above and jump in assuming you know what has happened as you will miss things directed at you.
  • Makes sure you read the discussion thread so you know what's going on. Me being me...I have several plots in the making behind the scenes. However, things like this so called bar fight which is yet to erupt will be heavily discussed here so we can get it right without anyone being left out.
  • If you are absent for a while your character will be played for you if he/she is needed. If you don't like this then let us know now. This is because it is unfair to leave the thread hanging on the words of one person who is, say, too busy to post.
  • Not everyone does this, but try to note when people move within the thread. You can't just talk to someone if they have gone away to the other end of the pub, unless you shout. In which case you will say, she shouted or whatever.

[Edit 2]

Quote:
from the Game thread
OOC: I hope this doesn't count as making people leave a scene.
No, it doesn't because you're not sending them out of a scene we're continuing with. If that makes sense. The scene will follow you all outside. Besides, sometimes you just have to round everyone up.

Also, Last Child, in the thread I (captain) am about to leave, so Sicirus will talk to you. If you like you can remain in the wrong idea that she is captain. That would be funny. But she will probably correct you.

Sicirus, you know how many more people you have to recruit? Katt (if she comes back) Last Child, Roya. LC is in the Inn already. If the others don't show up just make your way back to the Nal after the little scuffle outside, and we'll get them in another way if necessary.

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-06-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:07 AM   #120
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*reads list*
Aye aye Cap'n!

Oh yeah... not the game thread...
Quote:
Closed Thread