Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-03-2002, 11:35 PM   #101
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

The pain in Shuina's arm settled to a slow throbbing. This made it easier to walk, and, even better, she no longer shivered, and, even better than that, she could see again. Partially. At least she didn't bump into anything. She counted that as a good thing.

What worried her was the whole load of elvish information that she had to sort, and eventually store in her mental library. Ick. And... Mara's protector? She had taken archery briefly when she was 13-ish, and she was tempted to take fencing, but... a "magic" weapon? Was this out of her league?

Then the "Gollum, gollum" question came up from nowhere. She had to smile. That was comforting, if not funny.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 12:12 PM   #102
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Myrddin walked through the mists slowly remembering every detail of the first time he had been lost in the mists. Then he stopped, was he lost? "Damn!" he muttered, "I thought..." Suddenly and elf appeared before him. "Who are you?" She said.
"I am Merlin Ambrosious" he said proudly.
"I am Laicalasse Silverwood" she replied, "What do you want?"
He looked her in the eye and said "I want to see king Arantar."
He was instantly surrounded by elven guards.
"I am his grandson," he finished.
"He'll tell us that" replied Laicalasse Silverwood.
Laicalasse sent the elves to tell the king what was heappening.
"Wait!" called Myrddin, "My companions, we need to go get them. They bear a burden, thought to have been destroyed. One that closely concerned someone you knew well, Legolas Greenleaf."
She nodded, rather suprised and the two of them went back to the hill top where everyone waited.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 12-04-2002 at 03:20 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 02:53 PM   #103
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

ooc: Where is my carachter? it's time for the lord of the nazgul to come back!

ic:

'' kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr'' The scream echoed through tthe mist's surrounding them. [I]''ASH NAZG DRABARTULUK, ASH NAZG GIMBATUL, ASH NAZG THRAKATULUK AGH BURZUM-ISHI KRIMPATUL! Kaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!!!'' The voices surrounded the company and was closing in fast.

Suddenly out of the Mist came the Lord of the Nazgul, Then slowly from all around the company the Nazgul appeared following in the wake of their Lord. He unsheathed his sword and It glowed with a Black Radiance. He held out his hand before them. ''The ring, give me the Ring!!'' suddenly Mara stepped forward and produced the ring in front of her and started to walk slowly toward the nazgul King, her eyes had gone a milky white and she seemed to be in a sort of trance. ''no Mara!!'' Mr. Emrys shouted. The elf that had just joined them drew her sword and swungat the Nazgul King, The nazgul King deflected the blow. Mara stopped Blinked and the white left her eyes, she dropped to the ground in a feint. The elf parleyed the blows of the Nazgul King, The other nazgul drew their swords and rushed in to defend their Master. Mr. Emrys stood in their way held out his hand and a blast of fire emitted from it. the nazgul screeched and fled followed by the Nazgul king.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 03:23 PM   #104
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Mr. Emrys shouted "Follow the Elf!"
Laicalasse ran forward into the mist and everyone followed, Myrddin Emrys brought up the rear.
They soon ran into the elven company which was walking, Laicalasse spoke to them and they went back the way that they had been coming.
Laicalasse explained that she had sent them to scout the area for the Nazgul.

OOC: If the nazgul attack Avalon, know that they will be defeated, not destroyed but defeated, a colony of elves could wipe you out.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:24 PM   #105
Claenoic

Shuina cursed under her breath. The throbbing and shivering had started up again with just one look at the King. She slapped Mara to wake her. "Sorry, mellon, it must be done," she muttered.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 12-05-2002, 01:33 PM   #106
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Mara woke with a start, nearly throwing Shuina off balance. "What? What happened?" She rubbed her cheek where Shuina had slapped her. She felt confused and couldn't exactly remember what had happened. "What happened? Why did you hit me? Don't tell me I went all gollumy that soon!"
Old 12-05-2002, 02:37 PM   #107
zavron

ooc; The Nazgul won't attack avalon alone if they do, but you will still win, everyone knows the good guys allways win! Well...in some cases.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 11:46 PM   #108
Claenoic

Shuina nodded, and said in a droll voice, "Unfortunately, you did. It was very creepy. Please do not do that again. And - Eru curse it all!" she swore, "The mist is back..."

Mara was puzzled. "The mist?"

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Cheers!
Old 12-06-2002, 05:20 PM   #109
Earniel

"The mist?" Mara asked. She saw a thick grey mist enveloping them. "I know we're in Engeland, but that isn't normal anymore!" The mist had an abnormal dense quality to it. Mara wondered that if she extended her hand it would bounce back. "Where are we?" she asked, trying not to sound panicking.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:30 PM   #110
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Mr. Emrys apppeared next to them. "These are the legendary mists of Avalon. You must go through them to reach it and you will only find your way if led by one who knows it. Do not fear, these are not evil mists and you will be safe if your intentions are true and right."
Old 12-10-2002, 10:06 PM   #111
Claenoic

Shuina nearly collapsed with relief. Her mind was working at half strength, but she could figure out that: Good Mist + Protective Cover= No Nazgul. She rubbed her now aching again arm and hoped that Avalon would be close... VERY close...

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Cheers!
Old 12-10-2002, 10:17 PM   #112
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Jenna was still walking alongside the others, though she had said little to them so far. She wasn't really very good at starting conversations with strangers, especially, it seemed, in circumstances like these. But they hadn't told her much yet, and although she had basically figured out what was going on, she still had a few questions.

"How -- er -- did things come to this, I mean, what exactly happened before you met my cousin and me?"
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 11:57 AM   #113
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Mr. Emrys sighed, "I was not there from the beginning but basically, the ring was found with what we believe to be Gollum's skeleton in and extinct volcanoe in California. I tried to intercede and the lord of the nazgul attacked, Shuina was struck with the black breath and so I decided that Avalon would be our hope to heal her and find assistance. Ask the others for more info, Dr. Jenstad and Martinez have been very quiet so, maybe they've had time to think."

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 12-12-2002 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:14 PM   #114
Earniel

OOC: It's Shuina that is struck with the black breath. Mara is just stuck with the ring.

IC: "What kind of assistance will they be able to give us?" Mara asked Mr. Emrys. "Would they happen to know the location of a second Mount Doom to chuck the ring in or so?"
Old 12-12-2002, 02:50 PM   #115
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eärniel
[B]OOC: It's Shuina that is struck with the black breath. Mara is just stuck with the ring.

OOC: Oops, I've edited it now.

IC: Mr. Emrys sighed again, "Well, there was only one mount doom, but, I believe there may be one other place, however...It is gone but...I think we should get you healed before anything, and equip ourselves with proper weaponry."
Suddenly, the mist cleared and they were on a beach. The sun shone brightly and the beach changed into rolling grassy hill a few feet from the water. There was a clump of buildings in the distance. There, in front of the company, was a large group of elves, all well armed. In there midst, stood a tall, beautiful but old looking elf wearing a crown. He walked to where Myrddin stood and embraced him. "You've come home at last my child" the elf king whispered. He turned to the company, "I am Arantar, and was once king of the high elves of Marlin, welcome to Avalon."
Old 12-12-2002, 08:16 PM   #116
Claenoic

Shuina tried to cheer when they made it. *Tried* being the key word. All that came out is some sort of gurgle/grumble. Not a very pretty sound. Shuina immediately shut up and let the Wizard and elf talk. Just seeing an elf lord made her eyes clear a little.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Cheers!
Old 12-13-2002, 12:34 PM   #117
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

After a few moments of murmered talk, Shuina suddenly felt a gentle hand on her cheek.
"Rest child" soothed a voice, she opened her eyes to see king Arantar smiling at her. "Sleep now dear girl," unwillingly, she felt herself drift into a deep sleep.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:50 PM   #118
Claenoic

Shuina fell asleep so quickly, she didn't feel herself drop on the ground. It was sorta of peaceful, like she was made out of mist and she was as light as a feather. And something felt odd. She identified this as the feel of no throbbing pain in her arm, or the cold. And that, was bliss.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Cheers!
Old 12-17-2002, 08:07 AM   #119
Earniel

Mara looked on as king Arantar applied his healingskills to Shuina. "Will she be all right?" she asked Mr. Emrys. "Quite so." he replied, "She may experience some ache afterwards but only now and then. Lord Arantar is a very skilled healer, Shuina could be in no better hands." "Let's hope so." murmered Mara. She had grown to appreciate the tolkienfanatic-girl over the last few days. And if Mr. Emrys was right about Shuina being her protector, Mara would have to rely on Shuina a lot in the future. "When will she wake up again?"
Old 12-19-2002, 12:42 PM   #120
zavron

I didn't understand anything that was going on. It was time to ask a question.

''Errr...excuseme...but what's going on!!'' I shouted out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~