Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 03:28 PM   #101
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

[QUOTE=CrazySquirrel]
Quote:
As for not throwing themselves at men... Dancing persistently in front of their very noses, like mad butterflies, doesn't count for that?
QUOTE]

as a representitive of the Butterflies, we strongly resent the implication that Butterflies are MAD or even wanton (though we are Wanton ) and ask that voluptuous alluring green-eyed red-heads in future show some respect to our noble brethren of Butterflies (of the West).

... you can what you like about that doo-lalley lot in the east!

Thank-you.

beautiful boomerang.

EDIT: HI TD, perhaps you could introduce your character: kinda: well number 2, what's your name and where do you come from???

or more seriously still: some biog and insights into Khamul's aims and fake character ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-05-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:42 PM   #102
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

I think what is really needed is for everyone of us, nazgul, to post here in this discussion thread his FAKE NAME and FAKE STORY, that we will use in Tharbad, during the operation VAL HUNT

Here it is for LILLY- Lilaenwen
The name is OK, Lily was not that important for people to remember her from the Second age. And my name is in Sindarin (or sounds like one)

The FAKE story:

Lilly is thirty-one, born in Rhun. She had a Duneadain Dad and an Easterling mom. Her father ( Aldacar) was born in Numenor, of course one of the Faithful . C
He came to ME before the Downfall, dwelt for some time in Pelargir. During the Last Alliance, he fought at Dagorlad among Isildur´s troops, but got seriously wounded and had to retire. He went to settle in the East, near the Sea of Rhun and river Karnen and, having lost his wife and two sons in the Last Alliance war, he married again, taking a young Easterling woman. And had Lilly and one (two) older sons, I propose Khamul and Five.

But I really need GW's and TD's OK for them being my FAKE brothers.

Then, our parents died and the three of us, poor orphans, came to Tharbad, to complete our much neglected education.

How is it??
Old 09-05-2005, 04:58 PM   #103
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well the brethren of the Butterflies have met in conclave ... and we say it's mighty fine!

Brother Big purple wings did vote against... but he's completely deaf and probably was guessing!

sorry i haven't posted yet ... keep getting distracted - mainly trying to entice Lief over to the dark side! ... or at least to the studious side ... even the 'good' side would do...

he has a reputation y'know! and what with Valandil and Earniel and the good ol' boys (and girls) especially the girls ... eh valandil? i.e. the crazy gang ... we should have a cracking rpg here...

where is Gor though? heh Gor, it's now a serious RPG! They even made the whole university co-ed just for you y'know ....

best all

BB
Old 09-05-2005, 05:11 PM   #104
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

OK - anybody wanna play 'Marty' or 'Ray'? I think I worked up Dunedain sounding full names to go with their nicknames, but don't have them on me - and want to check my Tolkien language book on them anyway.

I picture them as not being so bright. Sort of like "Wayne and Garth" - or even "Bill and Ted"!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 09-05-2005, 05:40 PM   #105
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
OK - anybody wanna play 'Marty' or 'Ray'? I think I worked up Dunedain sounding full names to go with their nicknames, but don't have them on me - and want to check my Tolkien language book on them anyway.

I picture them as not being so bright. Sort of like "Wayne and Garth" - or even "Bill and Ted"!
I was thinking "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern" - anybody remember them from "Hamlet?" I don't know why, but as soon as you mentioned them before, I thought of R & G.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-05-2005, 06:03 PM   #106
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

how about Anduril and last sane person? for R&G or W&G?

Lotesse could you do the honours and PM them for me? They both are chums of yours and anyway, i'm very shy of private messaging: almost as much as CS!

CS, liked your 2 posts very much ... didn't GOR say we could take physical form? it may be a problem if we have no reflection .... though plenty of rpg possibilites too ...

Can you hunt her down, for us?

P.S. Valandil are Marty and Ray good looking? Would lilly be interested in a little tate a tate? ... especially if they are not the brightest .... and close to the king?

Watch your ankles btw ... and your bottom! ...also don't sit on anything soft and beautiful ... well not anything that flies anyway .. there'll be plenty of time for other soft and beautiful places to rest later i'm sure... and HECK! better watch most of your crown jewels too: there are some randy women and elves out there!
Old 09-05-2005, 06:25 PM   #107
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

O.K., I invited them. I hope they come on board; it really would get fun if they came! They'd be perfect as Rosencrantz/Marty and Guildenstern/Ray.
If they join, for sure I'll post story here.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-05-2005, 06:29 PM   #108
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Oh, yes, sure, I have forgotten to mention Idril, who rejected a beautiful Elf Maeglin for Tuor.
Beautiful? Maybe, but ewww also her first cousin and a traitor to boot.

Quote:
As for not throwing themselves at men... Dancing persistently in front of their very noses, like mad butterflies, doesn't count for that?
I'll have you know it were her woods (well, her daddy's anyway ) and she can do there as she pleases. I don't see why she should stop enjoying herself because some scruffy human spies on her.

Anyway, while I enjoy this banter, CS, I'm going to quit now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
I'm here, just unsure of what is/going to happen and what to post.
Not much is happening yet, most characters are only being introduced and meeting. We have a little plot to go on: you nazgul have come to Tharbad in various disguises, it seems, to pry the possible location of the Ring out of Valandil. You might start with introducing your character on the University grounds? Perhaps a little of your 'cover' story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
sorry i haven't posted yet ... keep getting distracted - mainly trying to entice Lief over to the dark side! ... or at least to the studious side ... even the 'good' side would do...
Oh, you've been trying to get the Master of Dastardly Good RPG-twists on board, eh? Good luck! Although I think that humorous RPG's aren't really his thing. And sadly for us he has pretty much said goodbye to Middle-earth role play.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:39 PM   #109
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
how about Anduril and last sane person? for R&G or W&G?
I thought Anduril wanted to be a nazgul!
Anyway, while we have no players for R&G I suggest Val should play for them, aren't they his friends?

Quote:
shy of private messaging: almost as much as CS!
Not of PM's, I hate E-mailing people.

Quote:
CS, liked your 2 posts very much ... didn't GOR say we could take physical form? it may be a problem if we have no reflection .... though plenty of rpg possibilites too ...
Thanks!
Yes, that was Gor's idea of using 9 rings for shifting from one mode to another. But no reflection was my idea. It was from some old tales I remember (was it Hoffman?) that spooks do not reflect in mirrors.
Gor is around, at least Lotesse thinks so. Perhaps she will appear
soon...
BUT WHERE IS OUR WITCH-KING?
WHERE ARE TD AND ESPECIALLY GW???
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
are Marty and Ray good looking? Would lilly be interested in a little tate a tate? ... especially if they are not the brightest .... and close to the king?
You mean tête-a-tête? Nay! I want to be a damsel in distress rescued by them. I hope someone in the dirty tavern will attack Lily? PLEASE!

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-05-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:48 PM   #110
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

EDIT: re: Lief
maybe it only au-revoir?

anyway he was looking at the thread just now .... a positive sign.

dastardly good heh? Even more tempting.

still it's a serious rpg ... even with me around! well serious with some frivoilty let us say ... that's what we'll tell him anyway!

us butterflies know a thing or two about catching things in nets y'know ... mainly how to avoid them but that's not the point ... and the wanton voluptous allure of CS combined with your Elven hair ... (god help us if Anduril DOES join ) and Valandil's nobility and the shakespearian element... and Gor's very valued input, and Lotesse's unique style .... and TD's ventriloquism ... combined with the Witch King's unpredictability and Sir grey's big heart ... how could he refuse?

(apologies if i missed anyone out...)

if it's plot twists he wants... he'll be right at home here

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-05-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:10 PM   #111
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
I thought Anduril wanted to be a nazgul!
Anyway, while we have no players for R&G I suggest Val should play for them, aren't they his friends?

BUT WHERE IS OUR WITCH-KING?
WHERE ARE TD AND ESPECIALLY GW???
You mean tête-a-tête? Nay! I want to be a damsel in distress rescued by them. I hope someone in the dirty tavern will attack Lily? PLEASE!

well yeah, i thought Anduril was to be a nazgul too: he still can by Morgoth!

... but i think valandil wants some characters to bounce off? maybe in the meantime we could all pitch in till they have their players? it'd be great if Anduril and last Sane came in though: even posting occasionally.

I know not where the witch King is but we look forward to seeing HIS cover story and appraoch ...

TD i guess is planning out his role and character? maybe a character with many accents? maybe he could teach languages and gain a position at the university? Sir Grey i am sure will ride in on his charger as the Good knight Errant Sir Braveheart ... some time soon ... i think he is just looking for a good opening?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:49 AM   #112
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Grey Wolf, I am sorry to have used your Five without waiting for permission! My Muse has visited me, so I couldn't wait.

I simply remembered you said you liked readheads...But if you dislike your part in Lilly's life, I can easily edit my post and insert someone else, instead of Five.
It's quite all right. I'm not sure what to post anyway.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:53 AM   #113
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Hey, GW and TD!!! Please, answer my questions!
It's quite all right us being (for my part), us being "half-brothers" to Lily, go ahead.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:02 AM   #114
CrazySquirrel

Thanks, GW and TD!
Not half-brothers but FAKE brothers...

I think, TD, you could have followed Val, so now Khamul can play the knight-errant saving the King and becoming his friend.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:53 AM   #115
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
EDIT: re: Lief
still it's a serious rpg ... even with me around! well serious with some frivoilty let us say ... that's what we'll tell him anyway!
We have a Sea-Elf quacking against a swan, A High King of Annuminas that has to be kept out of trouble after a little embarassment in Rivendell, a Ringwraith of surprising 'packaging', an undead butterfly and then some... Not what I would call 'serious' role play. We're at least in the semi-serious department.

Quote:
... but i think valandil wants some characters to bounce off? maybe in the meantime we could all pitch in till they have their players? it'd be great if Anduril and last Sane came in though: even posting occasionally.
It's not that uncommon to have 'public characters' in RPG's that can be moved by anybody. If M&R don't end up being taken as somebody's character we can keep them as public characters.

Quote:
I think, TD, you could have followed Val, so now Khamul can play the knight-errant saving the King and becoming his friend.
Yes, that's still an option and maybe an opportunity to get you started, TD. Eärniel will row her merry way if Khamul shows up to help Valandil out so you don't have to worry about her.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:49 AM   #116
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well my last post wasn't totally serious ... i will be happy to edit that if you think it too odd ... but it does not matter what our characters are ... Old JRRT had bombadil and talking foxes and what not to boot.

It can be serious in terms of being good and well played ... character driven and intelligent .. and occasionally funny, why not?

besides i am all for being a bit more serious: if i play with 'dastardly good' Lief i shall have to try and tone down some of the stuff ...

anyway when Gor returns she'll add additional substance and help keep it serious!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-06-2005 at 05:50 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:11 AM   #117
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I am really around and reading the thread. Excellent posts, all of you.
And it is serious enough for me.

But I can't yet let my Gor enter the game. It will be silly not to let Lilly try her best first. So I assume Gor is not yet in Tharbad, as is Viv.

BTW, speaking of nazgul tactics, I believe it was strange to send to Tharbad the Easterlings, leaving Numenoreans behind. But what is done is done.

I would like to know what the Witch-King plans. Gor and Viv should work with him, as one family. As well as our other Numenoreans. So we wait. Easterlings first.

I liked Lilly's BIO. It might work. Only I suggest to make her late father serve in Anarion's army, not Isildur's, as in Val's entourage there are likely to be those that should have remembered him.

And I have a warning for all: neither of us is supposed to be old enough to remember Numenor. Right?

Invisibility is handled well by CS, only we will have a pain in the neck problem with mirrors. Stupid mortals place them everywhere...Are you sure it was wize, CS?

As it is, nobody can recognise us but Calaquendi Elves, (like Glorfindel and probably Gildor and maybe Erestor?) and the bearers of the Three (Cirdan, Elrond, Galadriel) and the dwarves with Seven. But neither of those is likely to come to Tharbad. Wizards are not yet arrived.
, so BB, you better eraze your mention of "rhadaghasthie", if you are not a prophetic undead butterfly

Perhaps I will post something, but not yet about Gordis. I advise you to do the same, Lotesse. There is a nice barroom brawl brewing...
Old 09-06-2005, 08:19 AM   #118
Valandil

OK - made my 'daily post' (I'll try that as a goal for now)

About the "vision" that Val had in his dream... it could just stay a vision, but if anyone wants to play another female Elf of Nin-in-Eilph (either devoted subject or renegade) - this might be an opportunity. Perhaps she was what Val saw when he first spurred his horse on - and maybe then decided to appear to him in his dream... or draw him into a semi-concious state, if she could do that...

(or was Gordy or someone hanging out here in the swamp?)

Gordis: maybe the various Nazgul are not being 'sent' or deciding who goes first. Perhaps each is finding out bits of information independently and heading for Tharbad. This could well be their first activity since Sauron fell almost 50 years before.

And Numenor's fall wasn't THAT long ago... for a Numenorean - I think 171 years, so Lily's "story" is plausible. That was a good suggestion about Anarion though.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Last edited by Valandil : 09-06-2005 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:36 AM   #119
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
(or was Gordy or someone hanging out here in the swamp?)
Not me... I am not an accursed elf to hang around in swamps! There is WATER there . We hate fire and flowing water.

Quote:
Gordis: maybe the various Nazgul are not being 'sent' or deciding who goes first. Perhaps each is finding out bits of information independently and heading for Tharbad.
That is a VERY good idea, perhaps the only solution possible, given our "brilliant" organization.

Quote:
And Numenor's fall wasn't THAT long ago... for a Numenorean - I think 171 years, so Lily's "story" is plausible. That was a good suggestion about Anarion though.
Yes, Lil's story is great and it encompasses TD's and GW's as I see.
As for the Downfall, I meant that for us, nazgul posing as young men/girls, students of the University, it would be a give-away to start reminiscing of the glory of Numenor, although many of us love to do it.

Excellent post, Val!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #120
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
As for the Downfall, I meant that for us, nazgul posing as young men/girls, students of the University, it would be a give-away to start reminiscing of the glory of Numenor, although many of us love to do it.

Excellent post, Val!
Recovery might be possible... if other Numenoreans (especially early Third Age) might have the yearning for it that Faramir expressed 3000 years later. But yes, it would have to be in an idealized vision - a part of the heritage, not personal experience.

And... thank you!

Pssst... what's with making Marty one-eyed!? And I don't think either of them would be experienced warriors - more like priveledged upper-class upstarts of Arnor, with perhaps some warrior training, but hey... there ARE no more wars now... remember? We're just gonna have peace from here on out... RIGHT?

(Now... a couple of Valandil's GUARDS maybe... )

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Last edited by Valandil : 09-06-2005 at 08:42 AM.
Closed Thread