Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-15-2007, 12:49 AM   #101
Pip
Elven Warrior

Hi YayGollum, welcome. It might be good to have another evil character to help orithil out (not to say you're doing a bad job orithil, you're great) It's just that everyone likes to play good characters that we run low on conflict which keeps the thing going better in my opinion. Anyone else want to share their two cents?
America, what will we miss while we are sleeping/Will Jesus come again and leave us slumbering where we lay/America, will we go down in history/As the nation with no room for it's King/Will we be sleeping?
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #102
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayGollum
Also, for jumping in, would you advise that I merely read through the whole thing and find a suitable spot for me to jump in, or is there a specific entrance that would make sense to you, the people who know the story best?
We would perfer that you read the thread before posting that way you'll know what's going on and you'll be able to react to situations better.

We are lacking evil characters, with the exception of orthil. I really don't want him doing all the bad guy work. We did have another player as a baddie, but he seems to have dropped out after one or two posts.

Also, post a profile here before jumping in. That way we'll know who your character is and not ignore him/her.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #103
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Howdy, YayGollum. Name's Tuinor. It's nice to see new faces around here. Not to be pushy, but perhaps you could help Pip and me move the scene with Revion and Raenambar along. We could use a villain to at least provide them some motivation for reaching Rivendell all the faster, if it's alright with Pip, that is. You don't have to, though.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:21 PM   #104
Pip
Elven Warrior

I am totally fine with that, whatever works.
America, what will we miss while we are sleeping/Will Jesus come again and leave us slumbering where we lay/America, will we go down in history/As the nation with no room for it's King/Will we be sleeping?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:52 PM   #105
Nuelbar
Hobbit

Hello, if it is not too late, I would like to join the thread too? Do you mind if I join? I don't know who to be. Just tell me if you would like me to create my own character or if you would like to make one for me. Aufwiedersehn.(until i see you again; in German)
Nuelbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:05 AM   #106
Pip
Elven Warrior

I'm guessing we'd say the same thing we said to YG. REad the thread to get acclamated to it, post your character here, we could use some more evil characters, and welcome
Old 08-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #107
orithil
Captain Jack

Maybe some sort of evil king orc uruk etc but after seeing all those character profiles you made you wont have any problems it seems yaygollum

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:00 AM   #108
YayGollum
Enting

Location: A place called Fort Myers. In the evil state of Florida, a part of the United States Of America, of North America, Earth, Sol system.
Here you go. I have a bunch of bad guys, but this one looked good to me for a motivation for running to hide in Rivendell. Ick. Nasssty elveses! If that's cool, I shall toss her in there. An idea that sounds a bit more fun to myself would be for me to also bring in a trio of tricksier characters. The sort that might feasibly bump into any of the more sickeningly heroic types, be very useful for a bit, then end up betraying them for some money or merely becoming the recurring adversary sort. If that idea would be welcome, I can bring those profiles in, too. I'm not sure. You might merely require your evil to remain a bit more faceless, without a hint of gray.

Name: Rhodalite

Race/Sex: Stone giant/Female

Appearance: short for one of these things, twenty feet?, exceedingly ugly, I have no idea what she'd wear, gray all over, long hair that it most often seen in two long as well as braided pigtails

Weapons: since she's pretty much invulnerable, she'd just have her hands and whatever she can throw, also, an ulu, for no good reason but variety of weapons

Personality: loud, whiny, annoying, touchy, not too terribly bright, enjoys being flattered and torturing animals

History: born someplace in the Misty Mountains, she was an Outcast becuase of her ugliness, but more because she got especially violent with people who pointed it out, she caught a group of Orcs on their way to Mordor and was going to mess with them, but she was so eaily flattered and duped by them that they were able to get away and inform their boss of her, she was retrieved and decided to stay because she really wanted to catch Shelob

- Myself
YayGollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:49 PM   #109
Nuelbar
Hobbit

I have a character now and you can tell me what you think.

Appearance: He is a Mage. But by proffession he is a Necromancer. He is tall, about 6' 3", and not brawny but skinny. He has whitish hair because of his age that is past his shoulders. He has Bright blue eyes and a normal nose.

From: He was a personal assistant to Sauramon before the battle for Sauromons tower. He left a little while before that. However He was born in Gonder. He raises deadly creatures from the ground. It is unknown by everyone, except for himself and Sauron, how he learned the art of Necromancy. It is believed though, that there must be an aweful God forsaken being in or was in Sauromons tower.

His name is Pavilon (pav-e-lawn).

Tell me what you think. By the way he is Evil.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:08 AM   #110
Pip
Elven Warrior

I think they both look good
Old 08-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #111
Acalewia

They both look great.

Yay, I like that idea of the trio of characters that come in and out of the story. Sounds like they would be a great pain in the butt for our good guys.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:02 PM   #112
YayGollum
Enting

Location: A place called Fort Myers. In the evil state of Florida, a part of the United States Of America, of North America, Earth, Sol system.
Cool. Merely a simple entrance for the giant lady. Here are the other profiles --->

Name: Gladeo

Race/Sex: Southron/Male

Appearance: Black skin, youngish, wiry strength in an average build, he'd wear flowy robes with lots of purple, some kind of hat that I haven't seen yet

Weapons: hidden throwing knives, a long and ornate dagger in plain sight, a hidden garrote, mayhaps other sneaky type things

Personality: intelligent, trusts nobody, zero morals get in the way of his decisions, inclined to be evil because it's fun, has partners that he wouldn't feel too bad about betraying or stealing from, very perceptive, devious and flattering and fun to be around, sees everyone as if they were a potential mark

History: Born to a wealthy family in the trading business in Harad, he ended up wondering about a kidnapped older brother of his and ran away to join the circus, he met Nandreeson there and grew up to own that circus, when it failed, he continued the family business of peddlering, mostly jewelry and things, he was a little too uncomfortably famous for killing too many in the south, so he moved north, ran into Guy in the Brown Lands, travels Middle Earth with his Gladeo's Wandering Baubles And Trinkets business, entertaining people with fire-breathing, juggling, and magic tricks.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Name: Guy

Race/Sex: Olog-Hai/Male

Appearance: Smaller than most trolls, bigger than most humans, bald, black eyes, strong, bloated, wears browns mostly, doens't look too obviously trollish, just mostly a really big and ugly dude, very crusty feet with no shoes

Weapons: just a big war hammer

Personality: really lazy and tired and hungry most of the time, a kleptomaniac that Gladeo uses effectively, he doesn't talk a lot and doesn't look like it, but he's always thinking, has a lot of patience and will figure out really insanely hard to figure out type things after a while, it can be annoying when he shows off his intelligence since he doesn't seem too bright the rest of the time

History: Grew up around Mirkwood and the Brown Lands with a small group of struggling Olog-Hai, he was pretty young when Gladeo and Nandreeson came along, made a rare quick decision to follow them since he knew it was smarter than living out his life like a simple troll, they only let him come because he was strong, he pulls their wagon in lieu of a horse

__________________________________________________ ____________

Name: Nandreeson

Race/Sex: Wereworm/Male

Appearance: In human form, he'd be thin and weak looking, sandy brown and dusty hair, brown skin, black eyes, long nose, small fangs, nasally voice, he'd wear sandals and white and thin and inexpensive clothes mostly, also a brown cloak that's way too big for his human form but made for hiding his dragon one, his dragon form isn't too much bigger than that, but he's stronger, has good armour in his sandy brown scales, fiery breath, claws, and a tail

Weapons: Probably some dagger for his human form, since he'd want to stay incognito, but right now, he'd just turn into a dragon and swipe at people or use fire

Personality: Smart-alecky and wise-crackingy and smug and things like that, egging people on just because it's fun, the wimp's friend, he looks and acts a lot like one, but if he or some other wimpish type is being messed with, he'd become a dragon and save the day, loves attention and praise and things, also, loves to eat little girls as he leaves a town, underneath most of that, though, he'd be pretty serious about his spy job and helping his people

History: was part of a Wereworm caravan in the Last Desert (which trained him over hundreds of years to be a spy among humans, mostly to find dragons or who killed the last ones), until he was led to the circus where he became a big moneymaker and friend for Gladeo, now he's mostly a magical act on the road

- Myself
YayGollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:20 PM   #113
Acalewia

Def a big pain in the butt, Yay

Old 08-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #114
Nautipus
Kraken King

Could I go ahead and submit something for a character?

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #115
Acalewia

You could go ahead and post a character, but I would like you to read the game first before jumping in

Old 08-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #116
Nautipus
Kraken King

I have read most but not all of it yet. I'll go ahead and finish reading it before I post a character. Thanks though

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #117
Acalewia

Welcome and I'm looking forward to your character(s)

Old 09-02-2007, 12:43 AM   #118
Nuelbar
Hobbit

Sorry I erased your characters' memory Yaygollum.

I changed it now though. And everything is okay with your characters.

P.S. Did you guys like the scene i just posted?
Old 09-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #119
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

You're post was okay, Nuelbar, but it may be helpful if you tried either putting quotation marks around Pavelon's thoughts or italicized them or something. No worries, though. As to the confusion that last post of yours may have caused, I must confess that I'm pretty much to blame for it. Nuelbar, Pip, and myself have been working on the plot of the story together through PMs, but recently there was a miscommunication on my part that caused Nuelbar to think he was supposed to erase every characters' memories (which has been corrected to only include Revion and Raenambar), which is why I've decided to move our discussions out into the open so that innocent players (such as YayGollum) will not be harmed by my blunders.

I appologize for any of the confusion that this has caused, and I hope that from now on the RPG can run smoothly.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #120
Nuelbar
Hobbit

I would to ask everyones opinion on a couple of ideas i have.

First of all, Raenambar and Pavelon have a past together that goes way back to the first age. They had a past relationship. However, Raenamber doesn't remember it.

Second, Dirith, orithil's character, and, my own, Pavelon are going to unite (any other evil characters are free to join us) against the good guys of middle earth, and are going to bring starvation, destruction, and death.

Any thoughts?