Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-28-2004, 02:20 AM   #101
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Can everyone please supply me with your country and title you wish to have. I'm going to add Ruler category to the country listing.

For instance mine will be "President JerseyDevil"

This will allow us to know who rules what countries - plus you can have your own official title too.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 02:22 AM   #102
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

If you don't check in for 28 days, your country is deleted. Think of your poor people. You can set yourself to vacation mode, but it only lasts for 60 days. Don't worry though - if you have to leave on vacation for more than 2 months, we'll take care of your country. (Or maybe we won't because we're jealous of your 2 month vacation.)

My currency is the Leaf.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-28-2004, 02:23 AM   #103
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Wonder how we both got 'barren, inhospitable landscape'... if that's from some random stuff (like my 'wood-chip' businesses - and are you the one where the economy is based on door-to-door salesmen? ) or if it's a determination made by how we answered the questions.
I got inhospitable landscape too. it's from industry and being business friendly.
Quote:

General: checked out UN page... countries dropping like flies! Is that what happens when you stop 'checking in'?
You can leave the Un - but you do have to check in on your country once every month I think.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 02:25 AM   #104
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel

My currency is the Leaf.
Oh my! As in 'maple'? Or weed? Or 'fig leaf'?
Old 01-28-2004, 02:33 AM   #105
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

I'll stick with just one issue per day... that much less I can goof up!

JD, just for fun, I'll be 'President Valan W. Dil'!
Old 01-28-2004, 02:45 AM   #106
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Can everyone please supply me with your country and title you wish to have. I'm going to add Ruler category to the country listing.

This will allow us to know who rules what countries - plus you can have your own official title too.
<---- Ar-Dunedain
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 02:51 AM   #107
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Yaaaaaaaaay! I just had my second issue

My military/defense has just gotten bigger once the legislation passes
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 02:55 AM   #108
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:

Prime Minister Nurvingiel

hm... I noticed we both adopted the leaders title's from our own countries. I wonder how much Nurvingieldania will differ from Canada.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-28-2004, 03:05 AM   #109
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
<---- Ar-Dunedain
You want that as your title name then?

Valandil & Nurvingiel - I got yours changed.

By the way - for mine I was was thinking of Supreme Omnipotent Leader Jerseydevil.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-28-2004 at 03:07 AM.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:09 AM   #110
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
I haven't joined the UN yet - not sure if I will. I want to see how it works and where the political views of the UN lie before making a decision. I don't want outsiders making decisions for my soveriegn country.
That's what stops me. Maybe if all the Entmoot countries joined and sent a delegate, our own voice in the UN wouldn't allow our rights to be stampeded. But we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

I legalized euthanasia in my country by passing the "Dying with Dignity" bill. Why didn't I get 2 issues? I changed that setting before I got my new issue.
Quote:
Old 01-28-2004, 03:12 AM   #111
jerseydevil

Quote:
That's what stops me. Maybe if all the Entmoot countries joined and sent a delegate, our own voice in the UN wouldn't allow our rights to be stampeded. But we can cross that bridge when we come to it.
There are thousands of members in the UN I think. Not all vote though. Have to explore the UN thing before we do anything drastic with it.
Quote:

I legalized euthanasia in my country by passing the "Dying with Dignity" bill. Why didn't I get 2 issues? I changed that setting before I got my new issue.
I don't think the 2 issues come at one time. We also get random issues. Mine and Jonathan were suprisingly the same. Dunedain and you seem to have had different ones.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 03:37 AM   #112
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

oh yah, just so you know, i have copy righted Emperor, you can be Emperess, but not emperor©

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
Old 01-28-2004, 03:40 AM   #113
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
oh yah, just so you know, i have copy righted Emperor, you can be Emperess, but not emperor©
As founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot - we must hold a meeting to discuss whether this title should be reserved for Gollum only. He can present his arguments on why he feels he is special enough to be the only one allowed to have this title and we will then decide.

[edit] Case closed - Gollum relinquished his claim to the title "Emperor" without a vote taking place.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-28-2004 at 03:53 AM.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:43 AM   #114
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
As founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot - we must hold a meeting to discuss whether this title should be reserved for Gollum only. He can present his arguments on why he feels he is special enough to be the only one allowed to have this title and we will then decide.
well, i wanted supreme chancellor, but i wasnt allowed it sinced it made jonathans seem inferior to mine, plus i feel each country should come up with its own unique title so we are all different.

let the voting begin

Lemmings

Swron

Old 01-28-2004, 03:46 AM   #115
jerseydevil

I will hold off on my vote until others have a chance to state some things. I however will point out his misrepresentation of the facts. The only reason he wanted "SUPREME Chancelor" was because he wanted to piss off Jonathan.

As for the second point - we already have two countries with the title "President"

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 03:48 AM   #116
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

fine, i see i will probably be killed in this since there are so few titles, so why have all the needless spamming, ill take of the copyright, but i aint editing my post, that way people will know what went on. gracious in defeat

Lemmings

Swron

Old 01-28-2004, 03:50 AM   #117
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
fine, i see i will probably be killed in this since there are so few titles, so why have all the needless spamming, ill take of the copyright, but i aint editing my post, that way people will know what went on. gracious in defeat
Case closed. Anyone is hearby able to use the title "Emperor".

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 03:52 AM   #118
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Case closed. Anyone is hearby able to use the title "Emperor".
for now

Lemmings

Swron

Old 01-28-2004, 03:52 AM   #119
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I don't think most of us voted, but thanks for being gracious about that Gollum. That's what makes the Entmoot go 'round.
Quote:
Old 01-28-2004, 03:57 AM   #120
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
I don't think most of us voted, but thanks for being gracious about that Gollum. That's what makes the Entmoot go 'round.
because i could forsee the eventual killer loss i would face. let that be a lesson to all you people who think you'll win everytime, dont be scared to admit defeat

Lemmings

Swron