Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #101
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

There was much urgent whispering by the fire ...

Barli stood forth looking worried ....

"Is there any cake left?" he inquired.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #102
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

"Rohan does not have need of me either, and I have sold what ties I had to stay, I have the time needed to devote to this goo-er...quest. Although..." He pondered on Aelfwine's words, "True old Gandalf did things for a reason, and invited most of us for some reason or another, but I am sure he did not forsee those that have suddenly shown up. What of your intentions?"

Might as well be bold and get things out in the open at the beginning, I guess.

"Is there any cake left?"

Carnehillion absently looked over to the portly Barliman, and handed the barkeep his own untouched slice.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 12-07-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #103
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedim who had not said anything for awhile now looked up from his chair and said "True, but maybe the people that wern't invited will still be vital in our quest and possibly all part of Gandalfs plan...possible"

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #104
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

"Us burrahobbits are known to be partial to gooerquests"

Hamfast eyed Barli's second empty plate.

"I hope we pass a shop."
Old 12-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #105
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Carnehillion's words caught Aelfwine's attention. To her, he didn't appear to be of Rohan, but she had heard of an elf or two that had made Rohan their home.
"Hedrim speaks truth," she said. "The ones that didn't recieve a letter could have skills that we could use to find the Entwives,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 12-09-2007, 08:00 AM   #106
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"I am glad of your support, my friends." Radagast said with a short bow to express his gratitude. "But remember, while Gandalf has no doubt chosen you for your skills, his choice is not fixed in stone. Anyone who no longer wishes or can pursue this quest is free to depart from it at any time. It also means that there is nothing holding back those who were not summoned but arrived with such an extraordinary timing! Indeed, it is my hopes that Blossomshade and her companions, and also Seratili, will join us. For I think their skill and knowledge would certainly come in handy."

"Now, I suppose it is best I tell you what I know of Dol Guldur, since that will be our first stop. Oh, where did I leave my maps again? Oh yes, my study... One moment please."

And by turning around his gaze fell on Haldis, who had sat almost hidden from his view. He was surprised to see her eyes shining with interest. She was no longer just intrigued by this sudden influx of visitors at Rhosgobel, he realised, it was the very purpose of this endeavour that held her interest.

Radagast realised Haldis’ too had very useful assets. She had this no-nonsense attitude and a sharp mind… but really, he had no excuse to put her into such danger as lay ahead of them. She wasn’t that young anymore… but then again, neither were some of the other adventurers. And… well… maybe the best he could do was just ask. She could still give him a withering look and a lecture why she couldn’t leave Rhosgobel just like that.

“Ah, Haldis, could you give me a hand looking for those maps?” he said out loud. “I see you’ve tidied up my study again and afterwards I never remember where you’ve put things.”

The beorning gave a nod and followed him to the wizard’s study. Radagast began riffling through some papers in his desk.

“You see, Haldis, I wanted to ask you something. Well, I probably don’t have the right to ask this of you, but I couldn’t help noticing the quest seems to interest you. Would you perhaps like to accompany us?”
Old 12-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #107
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis gave him an amused look as she pulled the required maps down from the shelf she had earlier arranged them on, "It sounds most interesting," she said, "And were we to find the entwives, it would do the forests much good."
"Am I to take that as a yes?" Radagast asked, accepting the maps from her, "You heard how long we may be gone."
"Yes..." Haldis nodded slowly, "I would worry some for those whom I look after here, but in truth, they would not be so badly off. I have no immediate family and there are other women of my people who have the same skills. It will take this party of questers some time to prepare to leave, enough time for me to put things in order."
Radagast beamed, "Excellent!"
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 12-09-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #108
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

"Forgive my eavesdropping," an old man spoke up as he entered the house, "but as I tied up my horse outside I couldn't help hearing that you are still accepting willing adventurers."

Offering a somewhat dry smile, the old man bowed. "I am Branwyn of Gondor. Forgive my lateness... I had another matter I was looking into when I received the letter and could not depart for another day."
Old 12-15-2007, 07:32 AM   #109
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Arwen Undomiel

Nami had stood up to get some cake only to find that someone had eaten the last piece, when Branwyn walked in and introducted him self. Nami walked over to him and held out her hand. "Greatings Branwyn of Gondor! I am Nami of the woodland elves. Welcome to our patch work group of advantagers!"
Old 12-16-2007, 03:19 AM   #110
orithil
Captain Jack

"Greetings...Branwyn, is it? I am Hedrim Valdaes lord of he north, pleasure"
With a slight nod to the man Hedrim took his seat and began playing a soft tune quietly in the corner to entertain himself.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #111
Earniel

"Yes, welcome Branwyn" Radagast said. "You've arrived just in time, I was just about to explain about our first leg of the journey. We're out of cake, I'm afraid," He added with some regret. "But there's still tea left."

Radagast placed a map on the table.

"Now, Dol Guldur. As you may know the Lady Galadriel of the golden Wood tore down its walls and laid its pits bare at the end of the last war. Now that she's gone, lord Celeborn has claimed that area of Greenwood and re-named it East-Lorien.

But Dol Guldur's tunnels ran deeper than Galadriel had realised and some of it is still fairly intact today, if buried. We are in luck that most of the library was stored underground. The entrance was buried under the rubble of the tumbled walls, but I've managed to clear most of it and have started to explore the tunnels and underground pathways."

Radagast pointed to the half-completed plan of Dol Guldur's underground on the table.

"This part is what I have explored so far. These tunnels are mainly cells and those were store rooms, but in this area most the library was kept. The Dark Lord was very fond of an efficient organisation of his forces. For every attack, for every prisoner and so on, there were reports written and kept. And luckily, they preferred to write down in the Common Tongue rather than in their own horrible Black Speech."

"From the records and papers I have studied so far, I deduced that the ones we're looking for are likely kept in a private chamber of the master of Dol Guldur. The papers mention it but unfortunately I haven't been able to locate it yet, although I am certain it is in the vicinity of the underground library. Searching it alone can take years, and even though Dol Guldur is in ruins and empty, it is not a place to wander about alone. This will be our first task in our search for the Entwives. We will be on our own in this. The Elves or East-Lorien are willing to guard the entrance to the underground maze for me and will provide us with provisions during our stay there, but they refuse to enter Dol Guldur's tunnels themselves now that their lady has left. "
Old 12-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #112
orithil
Captain Jack

"Sounds like a fair plan Radagast" Hedrim said "When shall we leave? on the morrow prehaps?"

Old 12-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #113
Acalewia

Aelfwine listened as Radagast explained about the tunnels of Dol Guldur.

"How vast and deep are these tunnels? I wouldn't doubt something has hidden itself there after the fall of the Dark Lord, as you yourself have said it is not the place to wander alone," she said.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:56 AM   #114
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Arwen Undomiel

"erm..." spoke up Nami who was still standing next to Branwyn, "if the high elfs fear it so should we. Who knows what dark things hid in its shadows. That place is pure evil, i shudder to think about going into the dark lords own rooms!"
Old 12-20-2007, 12:56 PM   #115
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Strider

If we carry lit torches and keep our weapons ready we'll likely scare away some of the smaller things that lurk there, and we'd also be more ready encase something big came.
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #116
Earniel

"Fear not!" Radagast said, "the Silvan Elves dislike entering Dol Guldur more for its past than its current state of danger. The tunnels are devoid of life, its occupants fled before Galadriel and now nothing chooses to live down there. I have walked through some parts and although I daresay the experience was not pleasant, there is nothing down there but shadows. But one can never be certain with dealing with evil and some vigilance will definitely be needed."
Old 12-20-2007, 08:11 PM   #117
Acalewia

"Nami has a point," Aelfwine said. "This place could still be tainted," She gave a grim smile. "Vigilance will be wise, but it will be hard to tread Dol Guldur without fear,"

Old 12-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #118
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Ingwionis enters the room after a brief walk with his wife and finds that someone new has arrived.

"Welcome, friend. I have seen you before haven't I?" Ingwe was never good at remembering names.

"Aye, I am Branwyn of Gondor. And you would be right. We spoke at Minas Tirith, before the gates just prior to the march of Aragorn to the Black Gates of Mordor. But I did not catch your name."

"Ingwionis of the...well I have no true realm anymore. I grew up in Tirion across the Great Sea in the West." Ingwionis looks over to his wife. "This is my wife A'mael of the Lorien Elves. I on the other hand, I'd be more closely related to those you may or may not heard of - the Vanyar. My home is in the Near East, close to Urd."

"You live amongst them!?" Branwyn was surprised to hear of an Elf living close to the Forodwaith (literally the men of the north) and the Easterlings. "And you live there alone?"

"Besides my wife A'mael and my daughter Inithiel, yes."

A'mael interjected; "Inithiel is currently in Annúminas. She went with an Elf from Mirkwood called Legolas, and the King of the Reunited Kingdom, Aragorn Elessar. In addition to them, she was accompanied by three Dwarves. The last I saw her was a month ago."

Radagast added, "for an Elf as young as her, she definitely has the skill and wisdom of the Eldar. I am sure she's safe...at least safer than we are probably about to be. Even if Dol Guldur is no longer dangerous, the deep darkness of its depths can change the wills of those who are not prepared to endure it."

Ingwionis quickly responded to Radagast while looking at the rest of the company. "Dol Guldur is in the middle of land claimed by the Elves now. It is of no concern."

Radagast laughed and looked at Ingwionis. "Haha! I imagine you have not been there?"

Branwyn added, "I haven't been there and the thought of going there is both interesting, and frightening, to say the least. It is, after all, the place where Sauron spent a lot of his time."

Radagast nodded agreeably. "Quite what I'm thinking right now."
Old 12-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #119
Earniel

"Well," Radagast said, "I suppose that is enough talk for one day. It is late and many of you have had a long journey. I shan't keep you all up much longer We'll have a day of rest tomorrow, likely to be the last in a long time. But it'll give me some time to gather all the supplies and the horses for our journey to Dol Guldur."
Old 12-26-2007, 05:50 PM   #120
Mari
Elf Lady

From a distance Ellysa was looking down on the house. I don't want to go down to all those people... let's wait until morning.
No, I musn't be a coward. I saw myself entering the house so I will.

And down to the house she went.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Closed Thread