Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 05:05 PM   #1081
tuthezeng
Hobbit

I hate having lots and lots of homework, but not wanting to do it, and therefore having nothing to do. I also hate my Latin teacher because he doesn't teach anything.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
This is not a dress, it's the standard Dread Lord uniform.
If you tell a joke in the forest, but nobody laughs, was it a joke?
Old 10-07-2002, 05:07 PM   #1082
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Hey, welcome to the moot! And nice to see one of your first posts is a vent!

Heh, BoP got electrocuted! How on earth did you do it, btw? I did once with the toaster and a fork...yes, i'm stupid.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-07-2002, 05:12 PM   #1083
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
Heh, BoP got electrocuted! How on earth did you do it, btw? I did once with the toaster and a fork...yes, i'm stupid.
Yes, didn't you vent that somewhere around here?

It's simple. I'm an idiot. My mother brought over some grapefruit. Some of it was mouldy, so I was quartering it and insinkerating down the garbage disposal unit, and of course, every now and then I had to stop stuffing them down there, and turn on the unit to make more room. Now, right next to the unit button is a couple of power outlets, one of which was attached to a kettle, or should I say, the kettle was attached to the outlet. Suffice to say, stupid kiwi didn't turn it OFF, so the grapefruit juice connected quite well with the power outlet. What makes it even better, is that last time I had to insinkerate some grapefruit, I electrocuted myself then as well! Also, there's the fact that the vacuum cleaner doesn't like me....
Old 10-07-2002, 06:32 PM   #1084
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I actually have an anti vent today. I went to school this morning and found that the entire campus had lost power and so we weren't being allowed in the building and then after about half an hour of waiting it was announced that shcool was being cancled for today and so as soon as we called our parents and let them know we could leave. So Several of my friends and I walked downtown and took the bus to my house and we hung out here all day when we had expected to be stuck in school. Isn't that nice. Though I expect my brother wasn't too happy about coming home from school and finding five noisy teenagers in the house as opposed to the quiet empty except for a cat house he was expecting to come home to.

As for my vent... Umm... I hate being a procrastinator I've been trying to break the habit this year though.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-07-2002, 07:04 PM   #1085
osszie
Elven Warrior

I just broke my bleedin' tooth

Here I was quite happily reading through "They'd never say that" thread, popped a sweet in my mouth, bit down and *crack* *snap* OW!!!

It's midnight here so I'm gonna have to sit with a sore mouth all bleedin' night

Ya brush ya teeth every day of ya life and the soddin' things still break

(vent over, off to see if ah've any oil of cloves in the bathroom cabinet )
Old 10-07-2002, 07:25 PM   #1086
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by osszie
I just broke my bleedin' tooth

Here I was quite happily reading through "They'd never say that" thread, popped a sweet in my mouth, bit down and *crack* *snap* OW!!!

It's midnight here so I'm gonna have to sit with a sore mouth all bleedin' night
Oh man. The BF did that a couple of weeks ago on a popcorn kernal. Much sympathy!
Old 10-07-2002, 07:57 PM   #1087
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Oh man. The BF did that a couple of weeks ago on a popcorn kernal. Much sympathy!
ty

I'm currently contemplating mixing oil of cloves with malt whisky

It's either that or get the pliers out and pull the rest of the damned tooth out
Old 10-07-2002, 09:29 PM   #1088
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Why hello, tuthezeng! Hmmm...I wonder if you came on because I'm always rambling about Entmoot/LotR, or because you discovered it on your own...see if you can figure out who I am!

Vent-a good friend of mine who's currently living in Italy wrote to me, after 2 years of no communication; I wrote her an email in reply, and she hasn't answered me yet! Grr...Oh, and my Latin teacher is evil. So is my Bio teacher, but it's not so much the teacher as the amount of homework. Yeah.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-07-2002, 10:58 PM   #1089
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I'm currently contemplating mixing oil of cloves with malt whisky
(I don't know if it is the done thing to quote yourself but this is a further vent on the same subject)

That mixture makes a terrible painkiller, although it does make a rather effective laxative

If this were friday I could get drunk, but alas it isn't

I can't sleep because of this sodding tooth

I'm coming dangerously close to self-pity
Old 10-07-2002, 11:56 PM   #1090
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Gah. I hate annoying friends. End of vent.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 10-08-2002, 11:05 AM   #1091
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
(I don't know if it is the done thing to quote yourself but this is a further vent on the same subject)

That mixture makes a terrible painkiller, although it does make a rather effective laxative

If this were friday I could get drunk, but alas it isn't

I can't sleep because of this sodding tooth

I'm coming dangerously close to self-pity
Since when did what day of the week it is make a diffrence to how much you should drink. i was well plastred last night . i mean u call urself a student what is the world comming to whats next i ask students not stealing traffic cones?
Old 10-08-2002, 11:38 AM   #1092
Elfmaster XK

I'm going to have to agree with Sween, drink on whatever night you want! I do Okay, so not excessively unless it's a weekend or really bad day, but still.

I broke my tooth when i was younger and it hurt like hell! I feel your pain Osszie! The exposed nerve...the pain is not nice. Yet me being a dumbass refused the needle! I'm self inflicting.

Anyway, to today's vent.

I'm really, really really mad with this stupid guy, he pissed me off all the time i was working with him in one store, then he quit the week after i left and wants to come and work at the same place as me...again! DAMMIT [excessive swearing] Stupid guy.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-08-2002, 11:50 AM   #1093
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
Since when did what day of the week it is make a diffrence to how much you should drink. i was well plastred last night . i mean u call urself a student what is the world comming to whats next i ask students not stealing traffic cones?
lol........drink and study! not a combination that works for me

I'm an old student and I just don't have the metabolism anymore to sit through a four hour lecture with a monster hangover without falling asleep ............ besides last time I mixed drink with study I spent a year studying these hellish creations (computers) .......... never work professionally with computers it is truly soul-destroying .......

Nowadays it's everything in moderation for me

I've never stolen a traffic cone for years

Although ten years ago I was that lunatic wobbling around the town center with a traffic cone on my head every weekend

ah happy days!!!

new vent: cannot get into the dentist until tomorrow.............I wiggle my dangly bits and the incompetent NHS adminsitration
Old 10-08-2002, 12:15 PM   #1094
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Quote:
new vent: cannot get into the dentist until tomorrow.............I wiggle my dangly bits and the incompetent NHS adminsitration
Tell them it's an emergency and that you're not registered. They HAVE to see you today, and there is some poor dentist who gets paid to be on call for the likes of you. It'll cost you a few quid, but much cheaper than registering, going every six months and getting all sorts of unnecessary rubbish rammed into your jaws.

Also, whisky does work as a painkiller: soak some cotton wool in it (not a malt, of course) then jam it into the sore bit. When the pain comes back, that means you need more whisky.

Oh, and don't drive after using this method
Old 10-08-2002, 12:18 PM   #1095
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:

I broke my tooth when i was younger and it hurt like hell! I feel your pain Osszie! The exposed nerve...the pain is not nice. Yet me being a dumbass refused the needle! I'm self inflicting.
Ty Elfmaster XK.........although I did'nt manage to get any treatment at the dentist they were kind enough to give me an emergency novacaine injection

wanders away humming the Eels .........................
Old 10-08-2002, 12:26 PM   #1096
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Dunadan

Also, whisky does work as a painkiller: soak some cotton wool in it (not a malt, of course) then jam it into the sore bit. When the pain comes back, that means you need more whisky.
jam it into the sore bit..........geez .............. heck its gotta be worth a try after the nonacaine dissipates

Thanks for the advice regarding the dentist as well Dunadan.......I just couldn't be bothered arguing with them today I'm not the most tolerant of people after 24+ without sleep ....... will bear you advice in mind for the future tho, or tomorrow if they try to fob me off with an excuse
Old 10-08-2002, 12:37 PM   #1097
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Ty Elfmaster XK.........although I did'nt manage to get any treatment at the dentist they were kind enough to give me an emergency novacaine injection

wanders away humming the Eels .........................
I hate injections so much (or did, not so bad now) that i said no, it can't possibly hurt any more than it is now. It did. But it soon got better after i had a cap on it.

Quote:
will bear you advice in mind for the future tho, or tomorrow if they try to fob me off with an excuse
Don't let them do that! You need not suffer longer! Infernal NHS, they shall burn in the very fires of hell! In a matter of speaking that is

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-08-2002, 02:23 PM   #1098
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
I'm really, really really mad with this stupid guy, he pissed me off all the time i was working with him in one store, then he quit the week after i left and wants to come and work at the same place as me...again! DAMMIT [excessive swearing] Stupid guy.
Me thinks he likes you.

Don't remind me of broken teeth, I just had a nightmare in which I broke one tooth, discovered a mayor hole in another and lost a third one entirely. It was so lifelike, it was aweful! I think my subconcious is telling me I need to visit the dentist again.

I soooo hate it when the books for the only course that you have to learn every week are sold out! I hate it! How am I supposed to learn Spanish is I ain't got that book! I had to copy 30 pages so I can just follow next lesson!
Old 10-08-2002, 02:30 PM   #1099
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

just keep photo copying. it's probably cheaper than buying the book anyway.
Old 10-08-2002, 02:36 PM   #1100
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

E XK - your vent was SOOOO BAD that it was funny!!! (the irritating guy at old work quitting then wanting to work at your new work) Isn't that the way things go all too often? It's a pain to quit and find a new job, your only consolation was "at least I'll be away from that stupid guy", then ...... *tries not to giggle* sorry, I really do feel bad for you, and hope he doesn't get a job there!! UGH - where do some of these irritating people come from?

Sween - I must say that I agree with you - "Since when did what day of the week it is make a diffrence to how much you should drink?" It shouldn't matter, you should never drink so you're plastered on any day of the week, don't you think? It's bad for your body, and dangerous to yourself and others. My brother-in-law is an alcoholic, and he's developed complications with diabetes, and he will probably soon leave his little son without a father. I know you have a little one on the way - please reconsider And I really mean this in a kind way, although it's probably hard to tell because I'm not talking face-to-face with you. I hope everything is going well with your GF and child. Have you tried getting some lotion and massaging her feet? I can tell you, her feet will really start to get tired in a few months! She'll love it!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Closed Thread