Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 08:27 PM   #1021
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
ooc: Ok, Lubyla is only leaving for a little bit, I just only want to focus on one main character for now.

ic:A bird of scarlet hue flew to Lubyla, and dropped a note. After reading it, Lubyla nodded to the bird, and to Andodulin.

"I hate to do this now, but Andodulin and I must be off, to Osgilliath, where we are needed again. We shall return soon, I hope."With that, the scarlet bird flew off, and Lubyla and Andodulin rode after.

I looked at her in disbelief. What time period of Middle Earth was this? Lubyla went to Gondor often, but never really to give aid, I wonder what was up. I sighed, and fell back, for that was where, 'In the Ranks' I belonged, alone, with Illali by my side, still carrying the bundle from before.

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Old 02-04-2003, 10:07 PM   #1022
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
I fell in line, and nodded. "And of course, by all logicle thinking, He" I motioned to Buddy "Should not even enter. I'm sorry he must." Ever since I had that dream of Danger, in his true form strangling me, though I still couldn't help but place all trust in Buddy, it was still hard. I fingered the dagger. There was something else amiss.

"...Followed by any famliy members there are..."

There where of course no famliy members of her's here, unless you counted Kin, and Terwell. The wind blew a little, and not enough at the same time.

"Starlight Adams is her blood kin."

I felt my eyes go wide. The wind never lies. But it couldn't be possible.

"Starlight Adams is her Kin."

"That's rediculis," I muttered under my breath. but the thought of her neaklace came to me. Calien's mother was relative of Arwen. The carrying of that neaklace could mean something..."Rediculas." I kept my thoughts to myself this time. The idea was to outragous!
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 02-04-2003 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:33 PM   #1023
Lubyla

I looked around. I was a bit scared that Lubyla was gone, but glad Andodulin was with her. "Whats wrong Faith?" Something was up. Even though I could not hear that message of the wind, I knew something was amiss.

Old 02-04-2003, 10:36 PM   #1024
Fred Baggins

"Nothing,' I lied, rather quickly. Probably badly to, I'm a stinky lier.
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-04-2003, 10:43 PM   #1025
Lubyla

"Uh-hu. Is that so? I know when something is bothering you Faith, now come, what is it?"

Old 02-04-2003, 10:52 PM   #1026
Fred Baggins

I stared forward, trying to look as if i wasn't responding to her, and hoped she would get the idea.~Starlight Adams is her blood Kin.~ I rolled my eyes. The wind couldn't have spoken true this time. Star was born in mundane earth, just like me. Not like Calein. Like me. If ANYTHING, Star should be MY kin, not Calien's.
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 02-04-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:56 AM   #1027
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
"No, Faith. Logically, Buddy will be where he belongs." I didn't want to admit WHY that was true yet. Not that the memory itself bothered me -- I'd known it all my life. Well, except those five months in Mundane Earth.

But the others didn't need to know, not yet, anyway, what had been troubling me since we first caught sight of the palace. I had chosen not to banish Mauluk, so he was still kin. Not Kin, but kin ... my half-brother. That made Mauluk/Buddy my closest kin besides my parents. If I died without choosing a different heir, he would become the Emperor of the Writewraiths.

This was not necessarily true of the Kin; they elected their leaders for life. If they chose Mauluk as leader after me, that was their decision. And it was Hunter, not Mauluk, who was designated to act as leader if I died, until the Kin could come together to choose a new leader.

But with the Writewraiths ... I had better choose someone else as my heir, and fast!

Not Faith. She was a bit unstable for the position. There was Star, but she seemed to get a little ... well, pathetic ... when danger struck. Then there was Adrian, the hobbit princess. But precisely because she was the princess, she couldn't be my heir; she'd be needed to lead her people.

Ordinarily things wouldn't have been so urgent. I was young, and should've had plenty of time to thing about this. But I could sense that death was near. Very near.

Terwell sensed it, too. <Calien, I think it would be best if I left you for a while. Then Danger won't know where both of us are.> Terwell glared at the warg again. <I'm sorry to part from you, but I feel I MUST go to a safe place.> He would go to his grandmother Mara and her kin, far from the warg who would be Snakesnout.

<I understand.> It would be a relief to know Terwell was safe. Even when I died, Terwell would live, and be far away from the Kingdom of Writewraiths. I knelt and gave Terwell a hug.

Terwell "smiled." <Thank you, Calien. I love you, and I'll see you again soon.> He opened the Link to the young hobbit near Hunter. <It would be nice not to go alone. Lily Brandybuck? I will be leaving the kingdom for a time. Do you want to come with me?> Lily, always up for an adventure, nodded. And then the fox and hobbit scampered off together; Terwell on foot, and Lily riding her little pony.

I waved at Terwell and Lily until they disappeared over the horizon, then turned back to Faith. "Well, shall we enter?"
Old 02-05-2003, 07:07 PM   #1028
Lubyla

Faith walked away. GRR!!!!! I have it when people do that!!!!! O well, there were more important matters at hand. I was a bit too far behind I believe, and could not hear a word above me. O well, nothing important more than likely.I had blocked out the link between Faith and I, only because I wanted a bit of silence before entering the kingdom, for if it was anything like to ones in Ireland, it was VERY loud, and you had no room to do anything for yourself. Closing my eyes, I patted my sword. If only I had a bow and a quiver of arrows, then I would feel like I really was in MIddle Earth. I looked along the plains. There was a pack of wild horses that rode as they wished. I sighed, pretending to be one of them, to do as I wished. I always had loved horses, how free they were, and birds too.I sighed. Perhaps I shall never see MY horses again, or be able to train them as I had used to. Then I had it! I would train horses for the empress. It would help to bring me to myself.

Old 02-05-2003, 07:37 PM   #1029
Fred Baggins

"You people are nuts." A voice at my sholder said. It was Mrs. W. "Faith, give me my daughter. I will not have her with children who think they are...whatever you children think you are. Give me my daughter Faith." I gave her a puzzled look, but didn't argue. Adults just don't understand, for do they try. Now as I got older, I understood a little more, but I thought someone like Mrs. W. would understand. Dawn cried as I handed her back to her mother. Amoung her giberish, I thought I understood the words, "Faith" and "stay". I wanted her to stay to. But her mum would find a way home. I knew she would. I hoped she would. I tried to tell Star, but relized she cut me off.

"Star's your blood kin," i absent-mindedly told Calien as the porcesion began moving.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-05-2003, 07:53 PM   #1030
Lubyla

I heard nothing of what Faith said to Calien. I took out my notebook, and began to write...

...truely, I do not know if ever 'I shall find my place inn this world, or my own. Why? What is the meaning of being here? O well, perhaps I shall never fit in ever...

I forgot to be silent, and and screamed out, "CURRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! !" I had dropped my other quill at the lake.

Old 02-05-2003, 08:01 PM   #1031
Fred Baggins

I winced, hearing her shout. She had let her gaurd down, and the link. ~What happened? Ran out of ink, or saw your reflection.~ I tried to joke.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-05-2003, 08:23 PM   #1032
Lubyla

~I left me quill at the creek, I'll go get it later.~ I looked down. I had let down the link. GRRRR!!!! It was hard to block the first time. o wll, it's not like she tried to tell me something on it before anyway, I'll just leave it be.

Old 02-05-2003, 08:26 PM   #1033
Fred Baggins

I smiled, and forgot about it. I turned back to Calien
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-05-2003, 10:52 PM   #1034
Silverstripe

"I didn't know Star was my blood kin, but to tell you the truth, I'm not all that surprised," I said. "After all, she did have my grandmother's pendant." I wondered whether or not I should SHOW this "Mrs. W" that we were who we said we were.

The easiest way to for me do that would be by shifting, but I didn't think that would help. No Mundane Earther would want her children traveling with wargs, right? Yet she had just insulted my friends and me, and I wasn't about to let her get away with it.

"Mrs. Wilson, you WILL be respectful. My advisor, Lady Starlight, and I are certainly not insane. Nor am I a child. In fact, I'm older than you are."

Just as my aunt Losillewen used to do, I drew myself up to my full height, which is a bit over six feet tall, and looked Mrs. Wilson straight in the eyes. I knew full well that no one who looked me in the eyes could ever think of me as a child again.

While the youngest among the Kin, I was still much older than I looked. Right now, I was letting my age show. If this didn't convince her, she wasn't a true Writewraith. To disbelieve your eyes, when they've shown no sign of being untrustworthy before, is not only unimaginative, but illogical as well.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:36 AM   #1035
Fred Baggins

Her eyes quivered, I saw it, and almost felt the fear, the disbelife that surrounded her. "This cannot be. But surly I'm not dreaming. I have fallen into my dreams. A child ages in seconds. No, not a child, an elf!" Insainity shone wild in her eyes "Not MY storys, Tolkeins himself! I have strayed into the dreams of the greatest author dremt of, the greatest of all time! A child who is really an elf, and rules a kingdom."

The oddest thing happened then. Dawn pulled herself away from her mother, wrinkling her nose as though she smelled a rotten egg. She began crying, and biting at her mother. I dismounted, and took her away from Mrs. W, and she stopped biting though she buried her nose in my clothes, and refused to look at her mother.

"And now you take my baby from me. Are you an elf to Faith? No, you at least are not." She turned to Calien, falling to her knees. "Empress, I implore of you, I do not belong here! An adult from...from home cannot come this world and survive! Please Empress spare me! Spare me from the death I deserve! My baby, she needs to go home. Look at her eyes! Her eyes Faith! They glow yellow like your wolves there! Or is he a warg? Her eyes Faith, let me take her back, please Empress, send me back!"

Dawn began crying hard, and rubbing her nose as though trying to get the smell out. I looked at her eyes, and they where yellow, gold really. I felt a shudder run through me, and gasped. I looked back at Mrs. Wilson, she was going insane. Her eyes where wild, and she tore, litterally TORE at her hair! Screaming, for Calien to send her back. Then she was gone. Up off her knees, and running out of the forest. I saw Hunter turn to follow her, and without thinking told him not to. "Do not follow her. There is nothing we can do for her. She will most likely...most likely...die, before you found her again...anyway." I started to cry, and this time buried my own face in Dawn's clothes. Mrs. W had been a good freind of mine. She didn't deserve what she would receive.

Dawn on the other hand, was immediatly back to her-self, which I found quite odd. She clung to me, laughing, and singing, and it seemed as though she hadn't noticed that anything happened. And her eyes where brown.

I unsteadly remounted, with Dawn in my arms, and said under my breath, "Looks like I have a new job...on top of it all..." I shook my head, and apologized to Hunter, and Calien, for ordering what should have been her command. Then we started moving again, and I put my..."Happy Face" on.

"The wind never lies. I, of course, find it absurd. You know she was born on Earth. Home. But if you find no trouble with it, then nither do I. After all, if I'm to be your advisor, I might as well start trying to act a little more like it."
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-06-2003, 04:28 AM   #1036
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

ooc: I haven't been able to keep up with this story much, so can anyone tell me what's happened? The last time I was her, I had collapsed and needed Ent-Draught.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-06-2003, 10:18 AM   #1037
Silverstripe

a few tears came to my eyes. I hadn't known Mrs. Wilson, but she had to have been a good person for Faith to have befriended her. I would have been willing to send her back, but Faith was right -- she'd be dead by the time we got to her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. Most Mundane Earthers, even adults, aren't like this, Faith. It simply isn't TRUE that the adults of your world can't survive in this world!" I was gesturing so emphatically I nearly fell off of Anmara. "Believe me, I know. It might take awhile to convince them, but eventually they understand, and accept, where they are and who we are. A writer, especially."

ooc: Hmmm ... Zavron, I don't think you're in the story at the moment, but PM me and I'll try to get you back in.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:56 PM   #1038
Fred Baggins

ooc: Zavron you died. I killed you. J/k!

ic: "Just forget it., I don't want to hear it. She wasn't supposed to be, here, just like me. It's just that with her, it dorver her to the point of insanity. that hasn't happened to me...yet. Unless you count the..." I shrugged, and put my hand in my pocket to tougch the dagger, hoping she would understand what I meant. Dawn had a smile on her face. She couldn't understand what had just happened, but..."She seems almost happy her mother is..." I left the sentance unfinished again.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-06-2003, 08:27 PM   #1039
Lubyla

"Illali, what do you think they are talking about up there?"

'Dont ask me, I dont read lips'

"Great your some help." I turned and started singing a stupid song...

Ophelia drowned in the water...crushed by her own wieght.....We've made, Places for hatred its time to make a place where, people's souls may be seen and made safe...These fragile flames...

Old 02-06-2003, 08:34 PM   #1040
Fred Baggins

I heard a glimps of what Star was singing and nodded to Calien. "You gonna invite her up then?"
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Closed Thread