Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 11:22 AM   #1001
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

And you wrote that here because??? YOU HATE IT!!!

This post = 1000 vents. What a bunch of angry people we are...or at least some of us are as we post here frequently.

Anyway, i hate that i have to draw a pretty fantasy scene for art (good) but my teacher is just going to tell me to draw what she thks is good, and i like my own sketch! Damn her to the eternal fires of hell. I wish i was more mad right now for the 1000 post.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-27-2002, 04:02 PM   #1002
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I'm mad because I'm hungry.

Rian, I prefer Gamba shoes (they're British, but you may have been thinking of Freeds). I take 3 classes a week, plus Flamenco and Pilates. And no, this was the first class that I had taken entirely en pointe. Not a good idea! I love Tengwar! I have been converting people! I've finally memorized all the letters, although some of the vowel combinations have been giving me trouble. I spent my entire free period today transcribing a poem into Tengwar - I'm obsessed, and I know it.

Grrr! I hate not being able to get into my Hotmail account! I hate not being able to draw! And I hate the fact that it's raining and the school library closes at 4!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 09-27-2002, 04:28 PM   #1003
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

TC - yes, it was Freeds I was thinking of. I've been out of ballet for quite some time Go you! Do people still use lambswool to soften things up?
Hurray for Tengwar! But I don't quite understand the "vowel combinations" problem ... could you elaborate? (but maybe over on the Tengwar thread so we don't get in trouble )
VENT - I don't understand how people can attach a picture of themselves, which I would think would be a large file, and I can't attach a stupid scanned sheet with my Tengwar notes! I tried .bmp and .gif, but both are over the 10000 byte attachment limit! ARGH! Can anyone help me?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-27-2002, 05:20 PM   #1004
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

RÃ*an, try reducing the quality or the resolution. I found that it often works to make scans smaller. Also bmps are usually enormous, gifs or jpgs are better.

I really REALLY hate not being able to get all my needed courses together. Spanish starts on monday and I'm not even enlisted yet! It's been two weeks! How long is it going to take until I get this thing right?! I need to know NOW whether I need to take courses from the next year and I don't KNOW! *howls in frustration*
Old 09-27-2002, 08:31 PM   #1005
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I hate being sick and having to go to school. Yesterday I was sick with a cold and my parents told me to go to school anyway so I did then near the end of art class I still was feeling miserable so I called my Dad from the office and he gave me permission to take the bus home. The fasteset way to get to my bus-stop from the school is to take the monorail to westlake center and walk the two blocks from there to the bus-stop. What happens? The monorail breaks down and I'm stuck 20 feet up in the air on what is basically a train with about 24 other people when all I wanted to do was to go home and sleep and the other monorail train had broken down last week so the only way to get down was for the driver to call the fire department and have them bring ladders... At least it was more interesting than math class would have been. But I would of found it more entertaining if I hadn't had a sore throat and sinuses at the time. Oh well.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 09-27-2002, 09:03 PM   #1006
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

boring math teachers I hate sencod block!!! (that is whene I have math)

friends who can't stop making weird nouses

people who won't stop calling you

home work

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 09-27-2002, 11:11 PM   #1007
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan
Even Linux has the pretty icons but that doesn't always help with programming. What language are you using?
There are some icons at the bottom of the screen, but I hate typing in commands in the x-term. I can't remember them all! I am doing my computer program in Fortran, which is OK once you get used to it. I got the computer program working now (I think), so I am feeling better.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:21 PM   #1008
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Cripes, Willow, that sounds...er...interesting.
I hate it when you think you're over your cold (bloody awful things, aren't they?) but there's that icky phlegm in your throat that you CAN'T swallow, and you CAN'T spit up, and it just SITS there....and drives me completely insane! Rrrrrr!
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 09-27-2002, 11:27 PM   #1009
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
There are some icons at the bottom of the screen, but I hate typing in commands in the x-term. I can't remember them all! I am doing my computer program in Fortran, which is OK once you get used to it. I got the computer program working now (I think), so I am feeling better.
Woah! That's a way-back. Fortran is a good math lang though. I did some Fortran on the mainframe but it's been a while. I'm better with C.

Love the new avatar. LOL!
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 09-28-2002, 12:34 AM   #1010
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

ARGH!!! Bad football game tonight. My main vent is the drummers in our band, but I won't go into that too much. Let's just say that I was glad I was at a football game. I just screamed at the other team and felt better.

Psalm 107:31
Old 09-28-2002, 12:44 AM   #1011
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Football games are such a good way to vent. That and rollercoasters- those are the only two occasions where it's ok to scream as loud as you can for no reason whatsoever. Our stands seating sucks this year though. no one around me wants to dance, and I feel silly standing up there dancing by myself.

I'm going on my first away game tomorrow! Much apprihension, but it's going to be great, I know it!
Old 09-28-2002, 09:02 AM   #1012
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

someone closed my province in Utopia so now I have to start off as a n00b in another kingdom where i don't kow any one grr!
Old 09-28-2002, 04:01 PM   #1013
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an

VENT - I don't understand how people can attach a picture of themselves, which I would think would be a large file, and I can't attach a stupid scanned sheet with my Tengwar notes! I tried .bmp and .gif, but both are over the 10000 byte attachment limit! ARGH! Can anyone help me?
I use a link, host the pic somewhere else Tht way it doen't matter about crap py 10000byte thingy. *Sigh* I can't vent cuz im happy i quit my job!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-28-2002, 08:38 PM   #1014
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
ARGH!!! Bad football game tonight. My main vent is the drummers in our band, but I won't go into that too much. Let's just say that I was glad I was at a football game. I just screamed at the other team and felt better.
poor muffin
Old 09-28-2002, 10:19 PM   #1015
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Thanks, E XK ! That means that I have to have a web site somewhere, right? I think I can have one at my ISP (Earthlink) (aka MiddleEarthLink - thanks, v. secret diaries!) but I just have to carve out some time to make one. OH well, at least I am now able to attach small Tengwar writing samples to my posts at the Tengwar thread, just can't do whole pages.

You should try out Tengwar, it's fun!
What was the job you quit?
How is arrow #1?

VENT: today -> 2! yucky soccer games (actually, I'm getting to like them better, my youngest daughter's games are so hysterically funny!), 1 pancake breakfast fundraiser, 2 loud birthday parties, 1 car breaking down, and a HUGE headache! At least tomorrow's schedule is a lot quieter.

EG - update on roommate situation???

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-28-2002, 10:51 PM   #1016
TinuvielChild
Padawan

VENT-I can't bloody post my bloody purty Tengwar script!!!!! and it looks really cool because I did it with my calligraphy pen...grrrr. Oh well.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 09-28-2002, 11:29 PM   #1017
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Did I mention anywhere that I hate groupies?!? I mean, I don't mind the adoration and worship, but they can get to be a bit much after a while! Seriously, can't people think for themselves once in a while?

I hate crowds! Like the Extracurricular Fair at my school last week: dark, hot, and oodles of people. Sardine can! When I get my own place, it's going to be out in the middle of nowhere with lots and lots of wilderness.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 09-29-2002, 01:29 AM   #1018
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

oy.
I don't really know why but i had the worst week ever.
I found out that this girl that im sort of friends with is cutting herself, and tried to OD at camp. So its like gr 7 and 8 all over again. I dont know what to do, she says that everybody hates her and she has no friends, which isn't true, but shes also really mean to people who are nice to her, but i don't think she realises that. I really don't know what we should do.
Ugh and already i feel like i'm failing math and science. i just can't do it. The problem is i don't know what it is i don't understand, but i just don't get any of it at all. I wish i could go to a school where they just had languages, literature, art, history, politics and philosophy. I would be so happy!!!! but gggrr instead i have to learn this useless crap that is going to make me fail out of IB.
And then, my friends have been teasing me about liking one of my guy friends, and it was really pissing me off, but then i realised that i do like him sort of, but then my friend told me that she liked him. its all so stupid and annoying. and all week i've been feeling stupid and ugly.

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Old 09-29-2002, 01:35 AM   #1019
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Eesh. Have some sympathy, if you like. *Hands Erawyn a big box marked SYMPATHY, all tied up with a bow*
It's probably difficult, but you might want to talk to your friend a whole lot, make it clear that you care about her a bunch and there are a lot of people who love her and don't want her to hurt herself. Things like that are tough, I know.
And don't worry too much about the teasing. I know that's hard, too (hell, I spent grade school stuck in a corner being teased), but if you can, joke around with your friends and have fun. And remember it doesn't matter if your friend likes him too, if he doesn't like her. It'll work out. Just remember that, neh?
-tano
p.s. feel free to ignore anything I say. I'm like an Insert-The-Coin-Advice-Dispenser, without the coin part.

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 09-29-2002, 03:18 AM   #1020
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Aaargh. BF's feet *really* stink! I can't breathe they're so bad!