Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-05-2003, 06:51 PM   #981
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Ah...that was the point. If you'll read the original posts, he says that people's chance of winning is increased by interacting with him.
So it was all for Johnny to gain popularity!?

Does anyone else feel that this may call for some violent counter strike as a means of getting revenge? Let's someone make a kill Jonathan webpage, or a hit him game or something.

Kind of like this With his face in the picture maybe.

But I don't really believe you GW. I lost to Congressmn. I think maybe his fingers are broken, cause he hasn't been on to say anything in a while.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 06-05-2003 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:00 AM   #982
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
New York? New York? How am I your idol when you insult me by saying I'm from New York? It's New JERSEY. .... Not to mention home to the New Jersey Devil.
What? Isn't New Jersey in New York?! Ach, well, same thing anyway. Yorky Devil. Haha, now you have a new moniker.

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast the Brown
ah, yeah, I was bitten by your cnspiracies power. And I'm ashamed, because becuase it looked such a powerless scheme...
Sometimes the more subtle things can be the most harmful... *cough Nice Excuse cough*

Quote:
Orginally posted by Bombadillo
Undoubtedly. Also for amusement at our expense. Poor little Jonathan.

Quote:
Does anyone else feel that this may call for some violent counter strike as a means of getting revenge? Let's someone make a kill Jonathan webpage, or a hit him game or something.
Why revenge? I think it was great. Jonathan writes very well - the Matches were entertaining and witty. I forgot to thank him for the fun and my involvement in it... Thanks Jono!
Old 06-06-2003, 05:08 PM   #983
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
1) Where the hell would he get that impression? I'm not even in control of myself!?

2) ACK!!!! I DON'T WANT ANYONE!!!!
1) from here: 'Entmoot wouldn't be the same if Jonathan wsan't controlled by Ruinel. (Have you seen that when she said you are married to Lai, Lin and GW - you actally was married to them; and when she said you're not - you weren't?)
here.'
2)But you wanted. In the past.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:16 PM   #984
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
No, I wanted to get new friends
I wanted to see if people would interact with me more.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
You have yourself to blame for losing your match, since you didn't interact with me
Why would people, who on purpose didn't interact with me, want to start a "kill Jonathan" webpage? I must say that would seriously damage their chances of winning any upcoming Mud Wrestling tournament for years ahead
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:31 PM   #985
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
What? Isn't New Jersey in New York?! Ach, well, same thing anyway. Yorky Devil. Haha, now you have a new moniker.
NO I DON'T HAVE NEW MONIKER. And NO it is NOT the same thing. It pisses me off that everything thinks New Jersey is part of New York. New Jersey was a state BEFORE NY was even a state. And New York City is JUST a city.

Look at my website - AboutNewJersey.com

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-06-2003 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:46 PM   #986
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
originally posted by Lin
Sometimes the more subtle things can be the most harmful... *cough Nice Excuse cough*
Thanks. I gotta say that I didn't think a lot for it. You see, it's not an excuse. It's the reality.

I'm really surprised you don't know what's NJ. I can feel the anger in JD.

Last edited by Radagast The Brown : 06-06-2003 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:30 PM   #987
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
1) from here: 'Entmoot wouldn't be the same if Jonathan wsan't controlled by Ruinel. (Have you seen that when she said you are married to Lai, Lin and GW - you actally was married to them; and when she said you're not - you weren't?)
here.'
2)But you wanted. In the past.
1) like I said... I can not even control myself, let alone other people.
2) (did not) to the power of infinity.

Quote:
What? Isn't New Jersey in New York?! Ach, well, same thing anyway. Yorky Devil.
*slaps palm to forehead* Lin, you are not making your school system look good... especially the geography dept.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:14 PM   #988
Ararax
Elven Warrior

bashing jersey again i see have you ever been to new jersey? you dont see me badmouthing other states like those redneck states or those hick mid western states or any of those other money grabbing countrys that leech off the US and cant make beer

Last edited by Ararax : 06-06-2003 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:33 PM   #989
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Now, now, don't take it so seriously, 'tis all meant in the spirit of good fun, like the constant teasing of Canada.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-06-2003, 11:23 PM   #990
Ararax
Elven Warrior

Old 06-07-2003, 01:44 AM   #991
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
NO I DON'T HAVE NEW MONIKER. And NO it is NOT the same thing. It pisses me off that everything thinks New Jersey is part of New York. New Jersey was a state BEFORE NY was even a state. And New York City is JUST a city.

Look at my website - AboutNewJersey.com
Humblest apologies for not making it clear that I was joking . You know, poking fun at you similar to the way you poke fun at me . I thought you would have realised, considering your earlier post regarding me saying that NJ was part of NY, and you telling me in the PM that NJ was not NY. I said NY in the PM because I assumed that the time diff between NJ and NY is not too great (considering the proximity), and I wanted to know what time it was in NYC, where my cousin lives. Alright? Sorry for the lack of smilies to indicate the JOKE. In future, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Why would people, who on purpose didn't interact with me, want to start a "kill Jonathan" webpage? I must say that would seriously damage their chances of winning any upcoming Mud Wrestling tournament for years ahead
Why don't we have a different referee each time? So everyone gets a chance to be the object of mass sucking-up. -look smiley!
Old 06-07-2003, 01:54 AM   #992
jerseydevil

Quote:
Humblest apologies for not making it clear that I was joking . You know, poking fun at you similar to the way you poke fun at me . I thought you would have realised, considering your earlier post regarding me saying that NJ was part of NY, and you telling me in the PM that NJ was not NY. I said NY in the PM because I assumed that the time diff between NJ and NY is not too great (considering the proximity), and I wanted to know what time it was in NYC, where my cousin lives. Alright? Sorry for the lack of smilies to indicate the JOKE. In future, I'll keep that in mind.
Sorry - I was on my way back to put that I was too hard on you - because it wasn't really you I was upset with. It's just that I repeatedly get that NJ is part of NY and when I correct poeple they just say "Oh - the same thing" and they're not joking. Or the sports announcers will say Joisey - or make other snide comments.

I was hoping I was going to correct this post before you came back online- but I was setting up my new machine and only just got back onto entmoot and finally got my e-mail set up.

Sorry for being so harsh to you - when I was almost sure you were just joking.

Quote:

Why don't we have a different referee each time? So everyone gets a chance to be the object of mass sucking-up. -look smiley!
I was surprised he had me win. I didn't suck up though. I figured Congressmn was going to beat me.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-07-2003 at 01:57 AM.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:25 AM   #993
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Nazgul

Quote:
Sorry - I was on my way back to put that I was too hard on you - because it wasn't really you I was upset with. It's just that I repeatedly get that NJ is part of NY and when I correct poeple they just say "Oh - the same thing" and they're not joking. Or the sports announcers will say Joisey - or make other snide comments.
Alright, no problems. I wasn't particularly mad at you either, I've just had a rough day. And my temper is sure as hell not improving right now. *glares at Jonathan*
I should have remembered your touchiness- and your reaction threw me a bit too. Never expected it. (You're gonna have to learn to cope with the ignorance/teasing, JD, or you're going to keep unintentionally offending people. )

Quote:
I was hoping I was going to correct this post before you came back online- but I was setting up my new machine and only just got back onto entmoot and finally got my e-mail set up.

Sorry for being so harsh to you - when I was almost sure you were just joking.
I know, I came on about ... 4 hours earlier than usual. I just got a bit carried away when I read that post.

No harm done. We're still buddies, right?

Quote:
I was surprised he had me win. I didn't suck up though. I figured Congressmn was going to beat me. [/B]
And I'm proud of you! Good work!

Hey, JD, clear out your box. Also- notice the post icon?

Last edited by Linaewen : 06-07-2003 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:40 AM   #994
jerseydevil

Quote:
Alright, no problems. I wasn't particularly mad at you either, I've just had a rough day. And my temper is sure as hell not improving right now. *glares at Jonathan*
I should have remembered your touchiness- and your reaction threw me a bit too. Never expected it. (You're gonna have to learn to cope with the ignorance/teasing, JD, or you're going to keep unintentionally offending people. )
Like I said in the PMs - it wasn't so much directed at you. And I think when I read that - another NY sports announcer had some snide comment about NJ. You don't know how many people just think NJ is just a part of NY. I knew you had the smiley after the monker comment - and I overreacted with you. Sorry for my reaction to throw you - if you were in person you would know that it wasn't so much directed at you - just a lot of different things - and the people who do actually feel what you stated in that post.

Quote:

I know, I came on about ... 4 hours earlier than usual. I just got a bit carried away when I read that post.
Well I was going to edit it, but I was working on my new computer and couldn't get on entmoot until that was done.
Quote:

No harm done. We're still buddies, right?
No harm done. I didn't think you really meant what you said. And I didn't really mean to come off so strongly against you. So again - I'm sorry.

Quote:

And I'm proud of you! Good work!
Thanks - don't know exactly what I did though.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-07-2003, 07:52 AM   #995
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Nazgul

Like I said before, we spend half our posts fighting with each other, the other half thanking/apologising to each other.

Quote:
Thanks - don't know exactly what I did though
*shrugs* At least you had a win for the Conspirators. Maybe your 'non-sucking-up' gave you slightly more suck-up points than I Rex's 'non-sucking-up' if you get my meaning.

I'm just convincing myself that I lost because I didn't suck up enough to him the right before the match. Not because I'm inferior to her or anything...

Silver's really not so bad ... but now that Lai will go, I'll take over her status as female (or am I? ) Mud Wrestling Champion.

Notice the icon, damnit!
Old 06-07-2003, 08:06 AM   #996
jerseydevil

Quote:
Like I said before, we spend half our posts fighting with each other, the other half thanking/apologising to each other.
Well we don't apologise that often to each other - because we really don't fight that often. Everyone gets into a bad mood once and a while. My cousin has a problem with displaced anger - at least he doesn't direct it at me anymore.

Quote:

*shrugs* At least you had a win for the Conspirators. Maybe your 'non-sucking-up' gave you slightly more suck-up points than I Rex's 'non-sucking-up' if you get my meaning.
I don't know - I just talked to him and not because of the mudwrestling thing. It'll be odd without him around for two weeks. Going away for a week to Italy and then going away for the summer (no entmoot or computer).
Quote:

I'm just convincing myself that I lost because I didn't suck up enough to him the right before the match. Not because I'm inferior to her or anything...
You're not inferior. I think Jonathan had a hard with choosing a winner for a lot of the matches.
Quote:

Silver's really not so bad ... but now that Lai will go, I'll take over her status as female (or am I? ) Mud Wrestling Champion.
Lai isn't going anywhere permanently though - is she?
Quote:

Notice the icon, damnit!
Yes - I see your icon. I used to ALWAYS use the ringwraith graphic - but then I got out of the habit except on PMs for some reason.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-07-2003, 08:28 AM   #997
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Nazgul

Quote:
I don't know - I just talked to him and not because of the mudwrestling thing. It'll be odd without him around for two weeks. Going away for a week to Italy and then going away for the summer (no entmoot or computer).
Well, I thanked him constantly. And I learnt his language. (Not for him, though) *sigh* It's just too hard, too hard...
Ahh, look, he's back again.
Quote:
You're not inferior. I think Jonathan had a hard with choosing a winner for a lot of the matches.
And for SOME of them, it was easy. Cause it was rigged.
Quote:
Lai isn't going anywhere permanently though - is she?

Yes - I see your icon. I used to ALWAYS use the ringwraith graphic - but then I got out of the habit except on PMs for some reason.
No, she's not. But it will be eternity without them two.

I know, it always makes me chuckle. You dork. (Oooh! New fight!)

Last edited by Linaewen : 06-07-2003 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:40 AM   #998
jerseydevil

Quote:

I know, it always makes me chuckle. You dork. (Oooh! New fight!)
No - that's not an attack on New Jersey - so it doesn't bother me. The second thing I will fight for is America.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-07-2003, 08:47 AM   #999
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

What if I talk about those soldiers again with their big weapons?

Pst: America smells!

joking! joking! I'm NOT serious! <-- see smiley! You didn't even use the icon!

Last edited by Linaewen : 06-07-2003 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:59 AM   #1000
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Well, I thanked him constantly. And I learnt his language. (Not for him, though) *sigh* It's just too hard, too hard...
Ahh, look, he's back again.
I took a break and got back, but must soon go and pack *rhyme*

Quote:
And for SOME of them, it was easy. Cause it was rigged.
Hey, no rigged matches!

Quote:
No, she's not. But it will be eternity without them two.
How sweet . These weeks without the 'Mooters will feel like an eternity to me too. But I think it's good to have a break from the 'Moot.

Wow, this is the 999th post in the Mud Wrestling thread.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.