Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 06:22 PM   #981
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Will you still stick around on the Moot? Alas....I think this thread is going to go the way of the Dodo. It was fun while it lasted.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:33 PM   #982
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Will you still stick around on the Moot? Alas....I think this thread is going to go the way of the Dodo. It was fun while it lasted.
LSP, no, I never was really on the Moot, except to wish someone happy birthday once. I came here for the roleplay alone and I have too many irons in the fire other places to spend any time posting on forums and message boards.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #983
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Very well, I hope you do pop in and out occasionally...
Old 02-23-2006, 06:57 PM   #984
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Rian, no, it is goodbye. I always enjoyed working with you on the Rian/Sapthan posts. Take care.
Those posts will be some of my favorite memories of this thread, Udu. Take care.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #985
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I am quitting. I really have had ENOUGH of it!

Enough of ignoring reason, and laws of nature, enough of some players repeatedly throwing tantrums instead of asking for edits politely. Enough of the cold silence of some others.

It has been a pleasure to read all of your posts and to interact with most of you. Especially, I will miss you, Serenoli - I do so love your posts! - and you, Udu, CS and Rian, and many others.

Goodbye, All!

Gordis

Last edited by Gordis : 02-24-2006 at 05:58 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #986
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Those posts will be some of my favorite memories of this thread, Udu. Take care.
Rian, those are good times, and I will miss them. Perhaps Sapthan should have sent Rian a farewell note, but time was of the essence, and he left in a hurry.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:30 PM   #987
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
It has been a pleasure to read all of your posts and to interact with most of you. Especially, I will miss you, Serenoli - I do so love your posts! - and you, Udu, CS and Rian, and many others.
Gordis, perhaps the paths of the Captain, Gordis and Sapthan will cross once again someday far in the future. It was a pleasure working with you, and in the Black Speech of Mordor - Narish zark kulut morûrz gimbat. Kulat bishûk-ishi. Burz tor. - or in Common, "Good allies are hard to find. Be in good health. Good evening."
Old 02-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #988
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I take it we are the villians now, since we didn't want to go with your verison of your story writing? Very well, I am more than happy to let this thread die, and I think its a good place to stop. Unless there are those that would like to continue?

Boy what a childish bunch this lot is.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #989
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Strangely enough, I am sorry that it's ending, especially in this manner.

It was fun while it lasted.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 02-23-2006, 09:21 PM   #990
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

as am I. Lets just wrap things up.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:58 PM   #991
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I don't know if you're still reading this or whatever, Gordis, but what you blew off like that to Lady M was uncalled for. I've always had such respect for you, Gordis, but man, that was very uncool.

Just had to step in for a sec and say something in defense of Lady M.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-24-2006, 05:09 AM   #992
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Funny, I've been expecting this game wouldn't end happy, but I'm still sad it had to go like this. I suppose the format of this game, with two large groups on opposite sides without a game master to keep ballance between the two just couldn't work. I blame nobody for this, I gather it's just the way it is.

Like Sane said it was fun while it lasted. It was one of the best games I played but at the same time the most frustrating ever and costing me several hours of sleep and good moods. I suppose sometimes you just can't have it both ways. I suppose it is best that it ended like it did because obviously there was too much frustration to keep going on for much longer.

But still, want to thank you all for your dedication to this game. The game-posts were always of high quality. And we've been playing for months and much of the orginal cast stuck to it, which is very uncommon in my experience.

Udu, I don't know whether you're still reading here, but if you do: Good luck, where ever you go from now on. Your posts were a pleasure to read and RPG-Udu brought a nice touch of the East to this game.

So until another time all, perhaps another game, hopefully under better circumstances.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:17 AM   #993
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Perhaps it was uncool because I felt uncool, Lotesse?

I see you have edited your "diplomatic" post # 976 this morning, LMM.
So, you have understood yourself that it was far from diplomatic.Too late.

I wish that you have thought twice before posting the original version of it. I asked not to start accusations and dwell on past grievances, as at this point the game had still been salvageable.

In the spirit of "coolness" I shall also edit my previous post. You have seen it anyway, as I did yours.

I am very sorry that the game ended, especially in such a way.

All the best to all of you. You are all excellent writers, and you, LMM, are probably the most talented of all.

I shall miss the good times.

Gordis

Last edited by Gordis : 02-24-2006 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:39 AM   #994
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

So this is the end. It was fun while it lasted, but I suppose it has been coming for a while.

For all those who are interested I will make my final post on Sunday/Monday.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-24-2006, 08:26 AM   #995
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
My personal opinion, Val, - and not hasty at all! - is that your morose silence for a loo-ong period was one of the principle causes on the current state of things.

I can say for myself that your silence frustrated me and made me edgy and exasperated where I shouldn't have been. I bet I was not the only one who felt this way.

The differences should be discussed, IMHO, as politely and coolly as possible, not left to fester.
:
:
:
Gordis, I'm sorry you feel that way. I disagree that I was the cause. Honestly, from the time the Nazgul concluded that Valandil did not have the One Ring (an opportunity lost, I have always thought, for long-term game suspense) - Valandil ceased to be truly essential to the game, and I should have been as free to come and go as anyone else.

At this point, it seems useless to try to address why I backed off, but I'll give a very short summary. At first it was being unable - from being sick and then away. At the time I came back - reading posts in response to what I had written, my own levels of frustration and stress rose sharply (I'll hold off on the 'whys' as immaterial at this point - but there was certainly no single player who caused it) - and my levels of enjoyment and interest dipped to about zero. I decided to declare myself 'on break' rather than totally leaving, hoping to come back when my interest level returned - but kept my comments brief, because with the fights we've seen in the past, I didn't think they would help anything.

More lately, my interest has returned, but I've been unavailable to take the time and write up posts, with increased activity levels at work and with family.

I was actually looking forward to the pirate raid, and crushing it, and you Nazgul having to deal with the repurcussions - after all, don't you think an 'anti-eastern' sentiment would have kicked in real fast at Tharbad, following this attack? (EDIT: and the King would have done all he could to protect you, but you know how mobs can get...)

As others have said, I'm sorry to see it go, sorry to see it end this way, with hurt feelings all around and with the story so unresolved - but I also have been simply unable to maintain a strong presence here - and maybe moving on from the game now will be best for us all.

Best wishes to everyone - no exceptions.

And I will indeed be sticking around at the 'moot.

My schedule might begin to clear up soon - for a little anyway. Hopefully I can get back to my story-writing, which is also severely stalled.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 02-24-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:38 AM   #996
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

I don't know what to say, one day, everything is almost fine, then today, its all over. Now that I've dried my tears, I guess I should say my goodbyes too.

It has been fun, and rpg-ing, here, for my first time ever as well, helped me get rid of a huge and persistent writer's block that I've been struggling against for quite a while. I love writing, and I discovered just how much here... in fact, the reactions of you all to my writing encouraged me to start writing seriously again. For that I'm very thankful.

But I'm very very angry as well. It just makes no sense to me why a group like us could not make it work... or why no one seems to be able to control their tempers. I guess it doesn't matter now, but I am fuming now, because suddenly I can never write for either Jas Fernik or Tolvadok again.

I shall miss it, more than any of you, perhaps, because I never had a quarrel here with anyone. It hasn't been a rollercoaster of emotions for me, not highs and lows, but all highs. I have loved every moment of writing, and reading, and then getting to know you all, and I know I shall miss it intensely.

Thank you ALL, for the fun I had, and for all the encouragement you all give me. Gordis, I shall miss you horribly too... you were the first to invite me here, and since them, you've always been a great friend to me. And of course, I am a girl, both my avvie and name should proclaim as much.

CrazySquirrel, Telcontar Dunedain, Udukhaturz, Earniel, Rian- I loved writing with you and pitting my characters against or with yours. You have all been very friendly to me, and the feeling is very much reciprocated.

Valandil, The Last Sane Person, Sun-star, I never got much chance to interact with you, but I enjoyed reading what you wrote, both here and in the rpg thread proper.

Lotesse, I hope you're not mad at me for what I said the other day. I meant no offense, and I like you and your writing very much.

I wish you all health and happiness, and maybe I'll see you around the moot. Goodbye!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 02-24-2006, 09:55 AM   #997
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Oh, goodbye, Serenoli.

I feel the same way as you, I feel so sad, I shall miss it terribly.

You are one of the best writers here and such a nice person. I am so sorry that it has ended in such a way... I shall miss both Jas and Tol.

I hope we will be playing together in the future.

May be even this game could be reopened one day, when the hurt feelings abate... Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Gordis, I'm sorry you feel that way. I disagree that I was the cause. Honestly, from the time the Nazgul concluded that Valandil did not have the One Ring (an opportunity lost, I have always thought, for long-term game suspense) - Valandil ceased to be truly essential to the game, and I should have been as free to come and go as anyone else.

I was actually looking forward to the pirate raid, and crushing it, and you Nazgul having to deal with the repurcussions - after all, don't you think an 'anti-eastern' sentiment would have kicked in real fast at Tharbad, following this attack?
I bear no grudge against you, Val. Everyone has his reasons, everyone is prone to feel frustrated (and there was some cause for you to feel that way).

I don't blame the sad end of this RPG on you, far from that. Mostly it was quarrelling , tantrums and personal accusations, and unwillingness to come to a consensus. Also the tendency to ignore the story posts that were already there, probably not bothering to read them at all. I don't know about you, but I find that exasperating.

I only meant that had you been present, at the time the pirate plot was discussed, we could have reached the solution acceptable for everyone. At least, you are a reasonable person and can discuss matters politely, without turning an argument into a quarrel.
I remember both Earniel and Rian had proposed some sound solutions. But your silence left the question unresolved, and some players felt free to turn the plot the way that was acceptable only for them, without bothering to ask the other's opinion.

Taking the plotline you talk about, I don't think Val could have fooled the nazgul for long, they sense the Ring, after all. But that is incorrect that the conclusion that Valandil did not have the One Ring took you from the central position in the game. You were the only one who could claim the Ring from Elrond, if it were kept in Imladris. And you were a key to Arnor crown.

As for the opportunities lost, there were lots of them. Why didn't you want to explore Ilmenzor's story more - get Oreturion suspicious and Estelmo too friendly with aukward questions and stories from the past? Why didn't Val fall in love with Aiwendis in earnest, for her to be able to poison his mind against Elrond, Mahtaliel etc.? You know, Val, for my personal plotlines, I missed your active participation more than anyone else here. I believe Earniel and Rian would have appreciated some more King's attention to their characters as well.

And sure, crushing the raid on Tharbad and repercussions after the raid and anti-eastern sentiments would have made a great story. Alas.

Speaking of more general matters, which Earniel, Rian and LMM were discussing, I believe that in such a complex RPG with players from both sides, a gamemaster is needed, the one NOT participating in the game, and, moreover, very knowledgeable and reasonable. But where to find one?

In the absence of a gamemaster, ALL the major twists of the plot should be discussed and agreed upon beforehand, before it leads to demands for edits and hurt feelings. Perhaps we all were too inexperienced and emotional for such a complex game.

So, no bad feelings from my part, none at all. It was a good game with great potential. I shall miss it.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:22 AM   #998
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

I don't know what to say.

Perhaps in a day or two I will feel composed enough to say my farewells properly and even to write the parting post for my Lilly. But now I am too upset and angry. It was such a great game!

Farewell, All.

I don't think I will be around anymore.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:27 PM   #999
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Farewell, All!

I am leaving Entmoot. I returned here day after day, when I had time and when I had no time, to play with all of you. If I could, I would have continued...

I wish you all the best. Gordis, Udu, Serenoli, TD, Rian, Val, Earniel, Lotesse, Lady M, Shah, GW, BB and sun-star. Thank you for the great time. I will miss you.

The game has been great, and it hurts so much to abandon it! Without this game, the Moot will never be the same.

Crazy Squirrel
Old 02-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #1000
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli

But I'm very very angry as well. It just makes no sense to me why a group like us could not make it work... or why no one seems to be able to control their tempers. I guess it doesn't matter now, but I am fuming now, because suddenly I can never write for either Jas Fernik or Tolvadok again.
That is not true! LMM and I will continue to write for our characters, as we are now just emailing our bits of story to each other. You can write for them any time you want! Just keep them in your memory bank, and perhaps one lazy afternoon you can write it out on paper, then post it in the short story forum. I will probably see you lot around the moot, so see ya around!
Closed Thread