Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 06:31 AM   #981
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Any problems with rpg-RÃ*an hooking back up with the guy she liked in Gondolin? I always thought it possible that with all the mayhem around the Nirnaeth and the subsequent fall of Gondolin, that there could be elves of Gondolin that ended up all over the place, altho most of them gathered at Sirion. I need to get her a more active storyline soon.
Sorry, Rian, I have overlooked that post.
Sure it will be fine, whoever you chose to introduce. Some Rian-romance will do well!

Only, please, no Calaquendi elves!

I loved Rian in a tree... Her pointy ears must be better tuned to distinguish a nazgul cry from a girlish squeal. Bur still she is not entirely sure....

Last edited by Gordis : 10-03-2005 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:38 AM   #982
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Wonderful posts that night!!!

Shah, you have a very beautiful name... Soraya...beautiful, exotic and mysterious!
My compliments on your posts and my warmest wishes for your health.

Earniel, please, could you consider returning here? You see, we are behaving well and we miss you greatly. Please!

Last edited by Gordis : 10-03-2005 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:36 AM   #983
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Hi all ye Nazgûl RPGers!

I am sorry for not being around and posting as much as everyone else and I certainly notice I'm finding increasingly difficult to keep up with you all. So it is with sadness that I will have to leave this RPG. Hope you can forgive me. Keep well. See you in the other threads.

Kindest Regards
Grey_Wolf
Old 10-03-2005, 01:11 PM   #984
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Yes, Shah, I do love the horse ride to Orrodel! Now it's evening, and since you just got to the front door and asked for Viv, she's on her way down to see you; she's changing into darker, warmer clothes upstairs right now. I'll post my response later on today; I have to be somewhere right now.

TD - I like it! Khamul is getting more and more mean, isn't he! Two things, though - Viv wasn't with Penny, she was upstairs getting dressed, as Ray was in the foyer, waiting for her to come downstairs. Oh, and Rian IS in the house now - see the post right above your last post, where Ray already just spoke to Rian? Maybe you could edit a little bit there, to make it coincide with what Shah has written? Thanks!

Grey Wolf - OH, NO, you are leaving?? Please don't feel overwhelmed by all the long, long story posts from yesterday! It IS a lot, isn't it? You can still stay, can't you?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-03-2005 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #985
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Sorry, Lotesse! but my decision is final. Yes, I do feel overwhelmed by the length of certain posts. And the difficulty of attaching my posts to the others. Sorry again. I hope this won't cause too much stress to you other posters.

C4N
Gw
Old 10-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #986
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Yes, Shah, I do love the horse ride to Orrodel! Now it's evening, and since you just got to the front door and asked for Viv, she's on her way down to see you; she's changing into darker, warmer clothes upstairs right now. I'll post my response later on today; I have to be somewhere right now.

TD - I like it! Khamul is getting more and more mean, isn't he! Two things, though - Viv wasn't with Penny, she was upstairs getting dressed, as Ray was in the foyer, waiting for her to come downstairs. Oh, and Rian IS in the house now - see the post right above your last post, where Ray already just spoke to Rian? Maybe you could edit a little bit there, to make it coincide with what Shah has written? Thanks!

Grey Wolf - OH, NO, you are leaving?? Please don't feel overwhelmed by all the long, long story posts from yesterday! It IS a lot, isn't it? You can still stay, can't you?
I am afraid there is some mistake, Lotesse, if I am not wrong myself. See my reasoning:

Let us count time starting at the shriek.
1.SHRIIIEK!
2.Lilly returns home immediately
3.Khamul hears Lilly's shriek, and rushes to orrodel after a short talk with Udu and the Captain, so he is there shortly after Lilly.
4.Rian (#187) sits in a tree and is frozen hearing the shriek, so she is not in orrodel when Lily and Khamul arrive.
5. Viv heard the shriek when she was in Val's boudoir. She had to climb the wall, go to the museum etc. then she returned home (#183)before Rian, but I think AFTER Lilly and Khamul. It fits, as Lilly probably lies in the living room unconscious and Khamul has probably gone somewhere again or sits quietly in his study. Viv has time to take a bath, wash her hair etc...before Ray comes (in the evening). By the way, Khamul must be gone to the Chancellor's reception by that time.
6. Rey went to the Herring for a drink, spent some time at home, then in the stables etc. before coming to orrodel in the evening., when Khamul was away, rian was back, Viv was washed and dressed and lilly still unconscious.
Right?

So I suggest the following:

TD, please, take away Viv and Penny appearing at the door.#190

Lotesse, no need to change anything, but, coming down to see Ray, you may find your poor elder sister almost dead in the living room. Don't forget to put her Ring back on, please!!! Without it her head, face, arms etc are invisible! TD, what have you thought when you left her lying like that? And if a servant saw her first?

And I have to add, I loved all your posts. TD, tumbs up! Go, Shah!!! Go Udu and Lotesse!
Lotesse, I must have missed the funny part of #183 somehow. I enjoyed reading your explanation for the shriek

Grew Wolf. I think we will not make it THAT final? Eh? If you have little time for our RPG now, I perfectly understand. I promise to take care of Penny (oh, my dear Penny ) But if you have more time later , you are welcome back ANYTIME!. See you back one day! CS.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:26 PM   #987
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Lotesse, no need to change anything, but, coming down to see Ray, you may find your poor elder sister almost dead in the living room. Don't forget to put her Ring back on, please!!! Without it her head, face, arms etc are invisible! TD, what have you thought when you left her lying like that? And if a servant saw her first?

[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much for all the nice words, CS! I'm so glad you liked all that writing. And thanx for the correction, too... The thing is, how does Viv get Lilly's ring back from Khamul? He took it from her, didn't he keep it? I'm in a hurry right now; got a ton of things 2 do today, but I'll be back later on to write - Viv just needs to find out where that nasty ol' Khamul put poor Lilly's ring -

Old 10-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #988
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I am sad you resigned, Grey Wolf, but I understand you are a busy man .

Ok, so now CS do you wish to take Penny or perhaps he will become a public character?

What about Annawen? She is really getting neglected. Could you, Lotesse or Rian post for her now and then?

Nice posts, CS, TD and all!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #989
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
TD, please, take away Viv and Penny appearing at the door.#190

CS, your advice is very sound, as well as your calculations.

TD, you should realise that, without her Ring, Lilly can't turn visible of fully invisible. She is just like the nazgul in the LOTR: body invisible, clothes visible. A revealing sight for the servants to see, indeed.
And Khamul must realise that. So I suggest, either you put Lilly's ring back on, or you drop it near her, as you did in your post, but LOCK THE DOOR!

I think, the latter idea is best, it must be an additional torture to remain without the ring.

Then Vivvie, on her way to meet Ray, will sense Lilly's presence in the living room and sense her pain as well. Being a qualified burglar, she can open the door without the key and put Lil's ring back on.

Udu, I realised, Aiwendis has forgotten to tell you about the evening reception. I have added two lines in my post #175:
"Our wine cellar is at your disposal, Lord Maethor. And all the Professors are invited to this evening reception, so, please, come to the Big University Hall at seven. "

Last edited by Gordis : 10-03-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:40 PM   #990
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Ok, so now CS do you wish to take Penny or perhaps he will become a public character?
I think he would be better off as public, unless anyone here wants him.
BB? could you perhaps post for Penny sometimes? He is so endearing...
Old 10-03-2005, 04:52 PM   #991
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Sorry, Lotesse! but my decision is final.
I'm sorry to hear that, GreyWolf Can you pick up a minor character instead of Penny, then you won't have to write as much? I hope your hand is doing better!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:55 PM   #992
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Let us count time starting at the shriek.
1.SHRIIIEK!
2.Lilly returns home immediately
3.Khamul hears Lilly's shriek, and rushes to orrodel after a short talk with Udu and the Captain, so he is there shortly after Lilly.
4.Rian (#187) sits in a tree and is frozen hearing the shriek, so she is not in orrodel when Lily and Khamul arrive.
5. Viv heard the shriek when she was in Val's boudoir. She had to climb the wall, go to the museum etc. then she returned home (#183)before Rian, but I think AFTER Lilly and Khamul. It fits, as Lilly probably lies in the living room unconscious and Khamul has probably gone somewhere again or sits quietly in his study. Viv has time to take a bath, wash her hair etc...before Ray comes (in the evening). By the way, Khamul must be gone to the Chancellor's reception by that time.
6. Rey went to the Herring for a drink, spent some time at home, then in the stables etc. before coming to orrodel in the evening., when Khamul was away, rian was back, Viv was washed and dressed and lilly still unconscious.
Right?
I thought rpg-Rian had time to get to Orrodel before everyone, because she was already a little that direction ahead of the others, but you guys decide how you want it to be - right now, I think there's some inconsistencies with her being there and not being there.

BTW, she doesn't recognize the shriek for what it is, she just senses the evil behind it, which kind of throws her back to Gondolin days. Kind of like after being in a car accident, every time I heard tires squealing, my body would just kind of freeze, even if I was inside the house. She wouldn't have been immobilized long at all. So tell me when you guys want her back and I'll edit if necessary.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-03-2005, 05:26 PM   #993
CrazySquirrel

The problem is not in your posts, Rian. Khamul said you were not there. Viv has not seen you as well. In my post, Lilly was not looking for you, so you may have been there or not. She opened the door and went upstairs immediately.

Now, Rian, please, I have a suggestion. Could you continue my last post about Annawen and Penny? It is true that Annawen was long neglected.
I have to leave now.
Bye!
Old 10-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #994
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

The time line till Arriving at orrodel is fine, but how should viv react to ray, when she percieves Lily's predicament?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #995
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

TLS, TD, CS, Lotesse and all -

Great posts!

Lotesse - Good thinking on that. I was wondering about poor Lilly.

Khamûl - You show outstanding promise. I think someday you will hold the position of "Dean of Nefarious Deeds" in the School of Evil. Great job as villian! Very enjoyable.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:10 PM   #996
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Thanx Udu and CS -

O.K. - You guys, when are we going to do the formal Chancellor dinner? Is it EVER going to happen, and if so, when, and who's setting the tone for it, and what characters are supposed to be there, and ALL these questions and more are in my head. When does school start? It seems like it is taking forEVER to get to the Chancellor reception. Am I alone in thinking this?

Old 10-03-2005, 10:55 PM   #997
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Good post. I will have ray ome back later, though I am not sure how much later that would be into the night.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 AM   #998
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Sheesh! The Discussion Thread used to be bad... now I can't even keep up my reading in the Game Thread!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:34 AM   #999
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hi, Val!

Shah- I love Ray's thinking, how he's putting it together like that and figuring out "Professor Galadannun" might be the abusive sort. And it was touching how he's developing the concern he is, for the family's women - I like that he noticed Viv's tears like that. Thanx 4 the story post, Ray's getting more and more interesting layers to his personality. I can't wait 'til he & Viv can spend some light, fun time together! Tonight I'm tired, though, plus Viv has to stay with Lil 'til she regains her strength and is able to tell Viv what went down; tomorrow after I see what's going on with the reception, and after Crazy Squirrel takes care of Lilly, etcetera, I'll put some more Viv & Ray stuff. I still have to figure out what mischief to get them into together! Any ideas Shah, PM me, o.k.?

Old 10-04-2005, 12:50 AM   #1000
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
O.K. - You guys, when are we going to do the formal Chancellor dinner? Is it EVER going to happen, and if so, when, and who's setting the tone for it, and what characters are supposed to be there, and ALL these questions and more are in my head. When does school start? It seems like it is taking forEVER to get to the Chancellor reception. Am I alone in thinking this?
Lotesse,

Great minds think alike.

You and I are thinking along the same lines about the formal dinner. Perhaps there needs to be some discussion on this matter. Here are some topics that need to be addressed and decided (others not so important):

1. When does school start and when does the term end?
2. Is there a break for Yule, Spring Festivals, etc.?
3. I am trying to visualize the Chancellor's reception. Of course, I always see a large, medieval type hall lit with torches, lanterns, chandeliers, and probably candles on tables. Need some of the girls to figure out decorations. I can see the hall but cannot get much further.
4. The layout of Tharbad itself.
a. Is the city to the north of the river as is shown in the Atlas of Middle-earth?
b. Is there a main avenue or boulevard along which taverns, shops, etc. might be located?
c. What is the name of this main thoroughfare?
d. What are the significant landmarks? Where is that swamp, for instance, in relation to the university? Are there woods, streams, other ponds about?

I do not see the need for any kind of maps, but just ideas on the general layout of the city. Perhaps once these things are decided, they could be put in the Formal Info Thread, to which all can refer.
Closed Thread