Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:12 PM   #981
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
mmm.. has Dr.Udu read the semi canon of Lord Olmer, i wonder?

or dipped into the once and future controversy of strawberries and champagne, supersonic stallions and ..er.. gor's birthday party??
BB, I have read Olmer's theories but I have never heard of the strawberries and champaign, or the stallions or the birthday party.

Quote:
i'd always assumed the nazgul chose specifically who they mind talked to, otherwise it would have read differently ... one can try and pick things up, but as Doctor Udu said, tis a tricky thing to do if not welcomed .... and there speaks a man of medical pedigree ...
Yes, the Nazgul could choose whom they wanted to talk to and whom they didn't. The only exceptions to that would be Sauron and Eru.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:21 PM   #982
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
so as to not appear to incestuously friendly in public.
????

you just had the brother and sister kiss and talk like that right in front of Bumble and then worry about some passers by in a street????

and then rudely walk off without a second glance or "goodbye" ???

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-28-2005 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:03 PM   #983
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
so, going back to rian .... well if Earniel should not be allowed around guns or anywhere near any coppers .... Valandil will have an honoury, english bother-boy image ... k
Sorry, I think I"m missing something ... ? What's that about Earniel?

Quote:
when/if you ever see it ( IF rian ever gets back about it ... *mutters darkly* ) .... you'll know whereof i speak ...
I'm sorry -*takes yet ANOTHER anti-dense pill* - I think I had too much turkey - are you talking about Arastud's interview with the constable? I"m back now, and would love to write that scene with you Or are you talking about something else that I missed?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-28-2005, 11:19 PM   #984
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Rian - how was your Thanksgiving? I thought of you during Thanksgiving, thinking you must have had all KINDS of relatives doing dinner! Since you're the one mooter I instantly equate with the idea of "family," you know? Hope you had a great day!
Thanks - we had a wonderful time up there, altho I was exhausted when we got back - the traffic was horrible!!!! Dead stop in the desert on the 10!!!! Those windmills are just fascinating to watch ... (I assume you've been on the 10 and know what I mean)

I had a wonderful time, esp. with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. We had almost a whole day together because our hubbies took the kiddos to our property in the high desert for the day. We just did girl things and had a wonderful, relaxing day. When the guys were almost home, we started just laughing our heads off because we were joking how having kids takes such a toll on our bodies, and my sister-in-law said she had made up an "Indian" name for herself ("little sagging boobs" ) so we were just busting up in the kitchen, making up Indian names for ourselves and laughing till the tears ran down our faces (one of mine - "heap big cheeks" - I've always been curvy, even when I was thin as a stick in college ). We were also lamenting the loss of upper arm tone which comes with age, so I invented an Indian greeting where we hold our hands up in the air with our upper arms parallel to the floor (kind of like a doctor waiting to put his gloves on) and flapping them violently back and forth, so we started doing that and dancing around the kitchen in the famous Indian dance mode, singing "WOO woo woo woo WOO woo woo woo" (the Indian song thing).

Anyway, just a lot of silly, relaxing fun And I didn't have to make a thing, since we were driving and got there right before dinner! Had several good serious talks, too, which I also like. The only awful thing was the drive home

I hope yours and everyone else's was good, too

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-29-2005, 05:40 AM   #985
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Doc (GW, btw not Udu) ... yeah, could technically be the one in terms of irony and humour, that somehow got completely overlooked under everyone's noses and somehow cast back into the river later .... but i suspect there might be a touch of opposition - y'know, like last time ... ... gotta admire you for keeping on keeping on .... but i DO like the idea some very obscure early minor ring is around ... could cause a stir ... lots of interesting possibilities ...
Ok. I surrender. It is a minor ring!!
Old 11-29-2005, 05:47 AM   #986
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Old 11-29-2005, 06:49 AM   #987
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
????

you just had the brother and sister kiss and talk like that right in front of Bumble and then worry about some passers by in a street????

I think that after Serenoli's post it was thought that Bumble had left with Jas.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-29-2005, 07:12 AM   #988
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
There are NO pictures for Earniel[...]
There will be, eventually. I've just been working on a lot of drawings lately that I ran into a little burn-out.

Quote:
actually that reminds me ..i was meaning to have a chat with Rian about some moot charactuers for the pics link thread ... all based on VIZ characters!

Suffice it to say earniel should not be allowed anywhere near any firearms or police ...
What is VIZ, preciouss? And why mussn't I be allowed around weaponsss?
Old 11-29-2005, 08:14 AM   #989
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I am looking forward to your drawing, Earniel!

Here are some more mind-games for you, Lotesse, Udu and TD.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:26 AM   #990
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
There will be, eventually. I've just been working on a lot of drawings lately that I ran into a little burn-out.

What is VIZ, preciouss? And why mussn't I be allowed around weaponsss?

http://www.viz.co.uk/

why? cus' yer Big Ern .... aka Viz character Big Vern ... with his swarn orf' shootas' ...

almost makes my character look Nice ...

there's a great one for Spock ... mr logic ...
Old 11-29-2005, 12:10 PM   #991
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
BB, I have read Olmer's theories but I have never heard of the strawberries and champaign, or the stallions or the birthday party.
That is all in the "Fellowship of the Ringwraiths", Udu.

Here is the table of contents:

Part one: The Fellowship of the Ringwraiths
Book One: Strawberrys and champagne
Book two: Supersonic Stallions

Part two: The Two Black Towers
Book three: Wikkie the fly by night
Book four: Bathtime Blunders

Part three: The Return of the Witch King
Book Five: Wikkie seizes the One
Book six: Wikkie the Witch King wins

Only Book One of the Part One was completed...

But there was a lot of things, much drinking and dancing, hobbit abuse by wisards, elf sexual abuse by she-wraiths, ugly wraith knife-fights, evil "Rhad-a-ghastie", a palantir, hidden by Khamul, Angmar Natural History museum, some magic teleportation of things- my favorite post! http://www.entmoot.com/showpost.php?...2&postcount=75, Gordis's birthday party, which ended in an orgy, and has ruined Galadriel's 7000 begetting day party, as the wraiths have stolen all the food. And a party at Gundabad in the famous Inn "The Happy orc". And there was a pet snake, SS, or Slippery Sau!

My, it was a funny game! I miss the fun. We should return to it one day!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #992
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Yes, it was an interesting game, but we will return to it one day! We definitely were short of players in the end.

Great posts, All!

Lotesse, BB is right. Bubmle was there till the end. It is clear from Udu's post. Could you please insert a few words and "Goodbye" to Bumble in your last post about Lilly and Buz?
Lilly is out of the way for a time. She thinks of the best ways to repay Udu and Khamul.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #993
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
????

Look, I didn't know Bumble was still there. I thought he left with Jas. And they were NOT kissing on the lips or in a girlfriend-boyfriend way, AND no one overheard a thing they said to one another. There is absolutely no reason why anyone could be led to believe that Lilly and Penny were anything but siblings. Now, MY BAD for not realising Bumble was still at the table, so I'll go back & edit in that Bumble got up to use the bathroom, and came back as Buz was paying the tab, and Buz & Lil will bid him farewell too. Feel better now? And for the record, they are NOT worried about squat, much less passersby in the street. And Buz would NEVER BE RUDE. He enjoys playing the gallant nice-guy, even to the point of paying EVERYbody's tab, and making a point to thank the proprietor of the place.

Every single time I put up a post, there has to be SOMEone, sometimes a lot of people, who has a problem or two or five with what I've written, and THIS is why, for a while now, I've lost a lot of the former enthusiasm I had for this RPG. Every single time I post, I run the risk of pissing someone off, or forgetting a detail I should have known (like the fact that Bumble was there), or wording another's character incorrectly; the list goes on ad infinitum.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 11-29-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:10 PM   #994
CrazySquirrel

Lotesse , Cool down, please! BB was right ONLY in that Bumble was still there, as it was mentioned in Udu's post. (Personally I think that Bumble would have done better to go home with Jas and have a nice chat on the way.- Jas offered him to go home, and everyone waited for BB to post, but he didn't, so Bumble remained there par default).

As for what BB said about kissing and so on in front of Bumble, here YOU are quite right. They never did anything inappropriate for siblings. I am FIRMLY with you here.

As for correcting posts, it is not only you. Everyone is asked to do it all the time. Just read this thread. Remember Rian's post? Val even deleted one post entirely. C'est la vie, as we have players from both sides, playing against each other. But it is more fun, I think, than to have only ONE side and only "dummies" as enemies.
I wish you posted something about Viv... I miss her. What was she doing all day?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #995
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

O.K., Butterbeer, I altered the post and included Bumble. I hope you like it! Honestly, before I thought Bumble left with Jas, and that the two Nazgul were the only ones left at the table.

Gordis - EXCELLENT last post! I loved reading that. It gave me even a clearer picture of the character of both Aiwendis AND Ilmenzor. Aiwendis feels so vulnerable, and alone. And our Morgul Lord is SUCH an evil opportunist! Poor Aiwendis. She needs a female Nazgul friend to spend a little time with. I'd like to get Viniglaen closer to Aiwendis, one of these days. Just like in Fellowship, because I think Viv could learn a lot from Aiwendis, and Aiwendis could benefit a lot from the fierce loyalty and supportive friendship of Viv, her "sister" Nazgul.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #996
Rían

Quote:
Is that an answer to my question, BB, or is that about something else?

Anyway, please PM me or something and let me know what you want to do, because I'm not sure what you wanted in that post with VIZ OK?

And do you want to write Arastud's interview now with me? Let me know

Lotesse - I'm glad you're back and posting Yeah, it's frustrating having things pointed out, but if we weren't careful about details, nothing would make sense. I do think that we all need to be VERY careful when we do point out things and ask for edits, though - obviously no one makes mistakes on purpose, and a little kindness goes a long way. And this is a very complex RPG, with lots and lots of players. Every time I have to make a post that at ALL refers to geographical details (which I stink at) I get the cold sweats!

Anyway, any chance for rpg-Rian and Viv to get together for a chat over horses? The more I think about it (now that I now Viv doesn't hate elves like Lilly does, which I thought she did before you straightened me out) the more I like it!

Old 11-29-2005, 05:15 PM   #997
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Val even deleted one post entirely.
So did Lotesse, and one she really liked and worked hard on, too

Let's just be very careful, guys, when we bring up continuity errors, OK? People are more important than the story - take a few minutes and read over your post before you hit that "submit reply" button if your post is bringing up someone else's error. Better yet, do the "preview post" button first! That is a tremendous help - it really lets you see how your post comes off.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:20 PM   #998
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Lotesse , Cool down, please! BB was right ONLY in that Bumble was still there, as it was mentioned in Udu's post. (Personally I think that Bumble would have done better to go home with Jas and have a nice chat on the way.- Jas offered him to go home, and everyone waited for BB to post, but he didn't, so Bumble remained there par default).

As for what BB said about kissing and so on in front of Bumble, here YOU are quite right. They never did anything inappropriate for siblings. I am FIRMLY with you here.

As for correcting posts, it is not only you. Everyone is asked to do it all the time. Just read this thread. Remember Rian's post? Val even deleted one post entirely. C'est la vie, as we have players from both sides, playing against each other. But it is more fun, I think, than to have only ONE side and only "dummies" as enemies.
I wish you posted something about Viv... I miss her. What was she doing all day?
Ciao, CS! I'm cool, not to worry. It's my bad, but I fixed the post to include old Bumble.
And the "correcting posts" thing, don't forget, y'all, it wasn't just Val - I ALSO deleted one pst entirely, remember? And it was one of my better ones, too, which I tried working & altering three times but no one was into it at all. In fact, especially you hated it! That "laughing Nazgul" scene I wrote. MAN, that bummed me out so bad, but that's the way it goes, like you said, when one works with a large group of writers on a single project. I'm down, it's jsut that I'm not as great at group writing as I thought I could be, but I'm still working at it! 'Cause i do love this story, and speaking of Viv, I miss Viv, too. What Viv's doing all day is directly connected with whatever Ray's doing all day, and with how the race went, so since the race is still unwrit, we wait and see. Shah, *drums fingers on desk impatiently* it HAS been a bit. I know you're cooking up something fantastic as usual, though, so I can't wait to see it.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #999
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an

Anyway, any chance for rpg-Rian and Viv to get together for a chat over horses? The more I think about it (now that I now Viv doesn't hate elves like Lilly does, which I thought she did before you straightened me out) the more I like it!
Sure! Absolutely, just let me wait & see how Viv's day is gonna be this RPG Monday. I await the race results, and then afterward i can finish Viv's Monday. Perhaps she can run into Rian as they're both out riding through town, and greet one another, & admire each other's new horse. Viv & Rian never had problems with one another at Orrodel, so there's no reason at all why she wouldn't be polite and genuinely nice to Rian! Viv's not as hung up about elves as her sister Lilly and her crazy uncle Khamul.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #1000
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Viv's not as hung up about elves as her sister Lilly and her crazy uncle Khamul.
Isn't it meaningful that 3000 yours after our game, Khamul and Lilly were chosen to hold Dol Guldur and to keep the Mirkwood Elves in line?
Closed Thread