Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #981
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Vent: woke up late AGAIN yesterday .
Old 09-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #982
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Vent: The world is full of sorrow and loss. Why do I bother? I am uninspired and bereft. Life in this city lacks substance and meaning. We are entering the darkest dark age in the history of mankind, and nothingness is the light at the end of the tunnel. I may as well just stop breathing, but I can't be bothered - why bother? Meh.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-25-2005, 08:47 PM   #983
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

I had to work and it was really hot and really lousy, i feel like killing something only i probably won't or will i?? (just kidding,... seriously)
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:11 PM   #984
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Don't kill anyone man, it's just not worth it. What will that ever solve? We need more peace, love and understanding, not all this darkness and murder. *slouches away despondently, like Eeyore* Oh, why do I even bother. Nothing matters anyway.

Old 09-25-2005, 09:15 PM   #985
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

I'm not going to kill anyone, i was just kidding... seriously i might shoot some rats later hee hee
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:11 PM   #986
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Arg. This was the absolutely worst time this could have happened. I've got mononucleosis. This meaning, I may not be able to see my girlfriend next week, and my trip to England is also most likely not going to happen. ARgh. I really can't understand why! Why now! Crap.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:14 PM   #987
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction. Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
---Woody Allen---
Old 09-27-2005, 03:10 PM   #988
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Pytt - do NOT treat that disease lightly!!! It can really mess you up big-time if you try to do too much too soon.

Vent - Candy sale *sigh* Inventory control has been a nightmare! These cases of candy are worth $60 each, so we can't just lightly write off missing boxes. We get some volunteers coming in to help out, and they just start handing out boxes of candy to the kids when they come by and they don't write it down in the inventory control sheet, then they leave after their 1 hour of "help", and it's me and several other ladies who get stuck tracking all their errors down for hours!!

Anti-vent - it IS starting to wind down a bit - the big BBQ is tomorrow, and there was a cut-off date on Monday (what a day that was!!), and today was the lightest day we've had yet - I was only there about 3 hours today. Also, I designed a new input form that should help with the money counting - we tried it out yesterday and it worked great!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #989
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Krya på dej, Pytt!

Vent: frustrated! my mum spent the entire weekend at my place; that was dangerously near what I can take.. Now she's called every day since. I don't want her to call me everyday!! There is a reason why I moved away from home! >.< And all she talks about is what she's been doing.. I don't need to know everything that happens over there, 500 kilometres (310 miles) from here! I do have the ability to ask if I want to know..
/end of vent

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 09-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #990
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I am so glad that I do not any longer own a gun, because if I did, I would GO OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW AND SHOOT THE F**KERS WHO ARE JACKHAMMERING RIGHT OUTSIDE MY DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the LANDLORD< I WOULD SHOOT HIM!!!!! And the MANAGER BIT CH< SHOOT HER TOO!!!!!! I hate this building so freakin' much, and I cannot WAIT TO MOVE!!!!!!! We are supposed to move this weekend. We better.

Old 09-27-2005, 04:49 PM   #991
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Plus, they're putting this hideously Mordor-like stinky tar stuff, oh JAYsus it is horrible. Now, all the squirrels and birds are gone for good. I hate this freakin' building, hatehatehatehatehate.

Old 09-27-2005, 05:04 PM   #992
Nerdanel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Plus, they're putting this hideously Mordor-like stinky tar stuff, oh JAYsus it is horrible. Now, all the squirrels and birds are gone for good. I hate this freakin' building, hatehatehatehatehate.
Calm down... That sounds like hell, don't make it worse. I'm glad to hear that you're moving out from a place that makes you feel that ill!

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 09-27-2005, 05:08 PM   #993
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I just - can't - wait to move. The day cannot come sooner. *sigh* I sure hope I get into my UCLA class; doubt it'll happen at this point, though - it's like days until the class actually starts. I haven't got my own income right now, still waiting for my boyfriend to give me money for registration. It probably won't happen. Life sux today. Meh. Here I am, in my new house I hope to move into soon...

Nerdanel - moms can be tricky that way; hope things get smoother 4 U too, soon.

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-27-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:40 PM   #994
Nerdanel

at least that house seems to be in a nice place.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 09-27-2005, 05:58 PM   #995
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pytt
Arg. This was the absolutely worst time this could have happened. I've got mononucleosis. This meaning, I may not be able to see my friend next week, and my trip to England is also most likely not going to happen. ARgh. I really can't understand why! Why now! Crap.
Oh, man, I feel for you. I've never been anywhere but here and if I got mono just as I was going to get to go to ENGLAND, of all places... I'd hit the roof, I'm sure. And your poor friend... *sympathizes* Cheer up! At least the 'Moot comes right to your house (hopefully it does) .
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:22 PM   #996
Mercutio

Quote:
Arg. This was the absolutely worst time this could have happened. I've got mononucleosis. This meaning, I may not be able to see my girlfriend next week, and my trip to England is also most likely not going to happen. ARgh. I really can't understand why! Why now! Crap.

Rest up Pytt. I had mono last spring...Just don't get over it too fast or you can relapse later.

You can still moot while you mono tho.

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:46 PM   #997
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

What Is Mono

Pytt: Is this what you have?
Infectious Mononucleosis

Topic Overview

What is infectious mononucleosis?
Infectious mononucleosis (commonly called mono) is a viral illness usually caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Mono most commonly develops in young adults between the ages of 15 and 24.1 The virus can be spread through contact with saliva, mucus (from the nose and throat), and sometimes tears. Rarely, EBV is spread through blood transfusions. Because the virus can be spread through saliva, mono is sometimes called the kissing disease.

Once you have been infected with EBV, your body may periodically shed (or give off) the virus throughout your lifetime, possibly spreading the virus to others.2 This can occur despite the fact that you do not have symptoms after your initial mono infection; the virus may still be found in your saliva up to 18 months after you have recovered from your symptoms.1 Some newly infected people may not have any symptoms of mono and may not be aware they are spreading the virus that causes mono.

Last edited by Spock : 09-27-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:58 PM   #998
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
I don't know what mononucleousis is, but I am afraid to find out. If it's worse than Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, I can't imagine... I hope you can get well quickly, because I remember hearing about your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
I'm not going to kill anyone, i was just kidding... seriously i might shoot some rats later hee hee
That is NOT funny! Don't you even dare, because if you do, I'll turn you into a cloud of vapour right on the spot. Campaign manager of a dark side sith or no, that ISN'T FUNNY!

*remembers all 150 some-odd rats I owned*
Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 PM   #999
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Cause Of Mono

Infectious Mononucleosis

Cause

Mono is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV).

Cytomegalovirus (CMV) causes some cases of a monolike illness. Much less commonly, monolike illness is caused by different viruses, such as hepatitis B, rubella, and HIV. Toxoplasma gondii, a single-celled parasite, can also cause monolike illness.

How mono is spread
Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) can be found in saliva and mucus (and sometimes tears). EBV is not spread by casual contact. You can live in the same house with a person who has mono and never become infected with the virus. However, a family member who has a weakened immune system may be at higher risk for infectious mono. Mono can continue to be spread by those who previously had mono but no longer have symptoms.

EBV lives and grows in your nose and throat. Any fluid that comes from these parts of the body, including saliva, tears, or mucus, can be infected with the virus. The virus (EBV) is spread when people come in contact with infected fluids.
EBV can be spread through intimate contact or sharing of saliva. (A brief kiss on the lips is not likely to spread EBV; it is spread when saliva from an infected person enters another person's mouth.)
You can get EBV if you share a drinking glass or eating utensils with an infected person (through sharing saliva).
Rarely, an infection can occur after receiving blood from a person who is infected with EBV.
Some people carry EBV in their bodies throughout their lives but never get mono symptoms. From time to time the virus can become active and be spread to others. Lifetime carriers of EBV are the most common source of EBV infection.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:23 PM   #1000
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Home Treatment Of Mono

Home Treatment

Self-care is usually all that is needed if you have mono. Unless you have a serious complication of mono (which rarely occurs), no medication or treatment will speed your recovery. More than 95% of people with mono recover without problems.5 There are many steps you can take to ease the symptoms until you are back to normal.

Listen to your body. Don't push yourself when you have mono. If you feel tired, it is important to rest and give your body a chance to heal.
Rest in bed. You probably won't feel like working or going to school anyway, and rest is very important.
Avoid contact sports and heavy lifting for 3 to 4 weeks after you become ill with mono (or until a health professional gives you the go-ahead) to reduce the risk of injuring your spleen.
Take acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) or ibuprofen (such as Advil) to reduce fever and to relieve headache and sore throat. Do not give aspirin to anyone under the age of 20, because its use has been linked with Reye's syndrome.
Soothe your sore throat with cool liquids and saltwater gargles [1 tsp( ) (5 g( )) of salt in 8 fl oz(237 mL) of water]. Hard candies or throat lozenges might help, too.
Drink plenty of fluids, especially if you have a fever. This will help prevent dehydration.
Your symptoms will gradually improve over 2 to 3 weeks. You should be able to return to your normal activities within about a month. Let your symptoms be your guide. You may need to adjust your school and work schedule to take advantage of times when you feel more energetic. If you feel better, try to get back to your routine sooner, but remember not to push yourself.
Closed Thread