Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 07:22 PM   #981
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
*The warg shook himself, so the bird flew off, and he glared at the bird.*

I stepped back. "Yes, I agree Star. The Empress first."
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 01-27-2003, 07:39 PM   #982
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
Andodulin flew to the tree branch and ruffled his feathers.

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Old 01-27-2003, 10:47 PM   #983
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
ooc: YAY! 50 pages!

ic: I smiled and shook my head. "We should enter together, my friends and me. That is the proper way."

There was no further insistence that I go first. We entered in small waves. Faith, Star, and I went first, along with our four-legged companions.
Next came Lubyla and Andodulin, and Adrian and her friends were last.

I laughed at the way Faith and Star struggled never to get ahead of me, annoying their horses greatly. They thought it was the "proper" thing to do.

"C'mon. I'm still your friend Calien, you know. Just Calien, a Writewraith, and Faith's partner in mischief for awhile."

I grinned as I said that. Faith and Star laughed, but their laughter was a little uneasy, as if somehow they didn't think I was the same. Even then, though I wouldn't admit it, I knew they were right. I urged Anmara onward, and rode in silence for awhile.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:06 AM   #984
Fred Baggins

I smiled, riding, on Caliens, right, with Star on her left, into the Kingdom of Writewraiths, our home. That startled me, at first, when I first thought it. But it was. I finally felt like I was home, like entering the Kingdom was some sort of invitation, or...welcome home party!I giggled, a real giggle. Then I laughed, laughed out loud, and it rang out, like a crystal curch bell on a sunday afternoon in Ireland! And I felt like I never wanted to stop laughing! A warm feeling, like life flowed through almost every part of me. Every part, but, as I relized later, the part right next to the dagger in my pocket. That part was as cold as ice. But that didn't bother me, I didn't even feel it. As we entered that Kingdom, I felt like I was complete!

And I couldn't stop laughing. Now I admit I hadn't got much sleep lately, but I just didn't want to stop. I relize now, that I was afraid that if I stoped, the warmth would leave me. A foolish thought, but I felt it.

*The warg looked up strangly at Faith, as she laughed, and wanted to laugh along...before he crossed the border. The border had a very different affect on him. It is true, that once the first feeling passed, he was back to normal, as though this were just a land. But when he took that first step over, he cringed. He tried to go back, but couldn't because of the link. Another step felt like he was getting whiped over and again, a third brought a feeling of pure exashtion, making him want only to die, and the last, the last was the worst of all. He felt a feeling, and ice cold feeling pass through him, as if he had been dead for many many months, he felt dead. But as soon as he was compleatly over the feeling passed. And though he certantly didn't, like Faith, feel at home, he felt as if this were just more rocks and dirt and trees.*
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 01-28-2003 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:40 PM   #985
Lubyla

I looked around uneasily. Faith laughed, but I couldn't. I felt that I couldn't. A breeze of pure warmth passed by us all it seemed. I closed my eyes and smalt the air. Hair streaming back, I felt that I was home...but when I opened my eyes, I realized I wasn't, not unles...it wouldn't be here. My happy place was only in my mind now, and it was more than likely staying there. This place did not feel like home for one main reason, home was not here in Middle Earth, home was back where we came from, in the security of my parents. I remembered my room, which niether one were too keen on me having. The loft was my room. It had two sky lights, and only two walls. It overlooked the kitchen, and I could lay on my bed, and look down to see when guests were there, if we ever had any. The smell of mother's cooking came into my mind as I remembered home. The next thought that hit me...the floor in the kitchen. All of it was zebra stripped. None of us liked it, though none of us wanted to change it. Where was home now? Did home even exist? Why was I thinking this? Home is real...as real as, reality...but reality is but a state of mind...ARG!!!! WHY DO I CONFUSE MYSELF SO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

"Tis' lovely." Illali padded over from in front to greet us.

Old 01-28-2003, 08:27 PM   #986
Fred Baggins

I looked over to Star, and though I'm sure the glow never left my face, I frowned. I was pretty sure I knew what she felt. There were somethings that would keep this from ever being home. But I knew I belonged here. I sighed, and hugged Star. "You ok?"
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 01-28-2003, 08:30 PM   #987
Lubyla

I said softly," Yeah, I'm fine." I blinked and smiled clearing my throat, I looked over to Calien" So, where is my room?"I laughed a little.

Old 01-28-2003, 08:37 PM   #988
Fred Baggins

"-AT!" A voice shouted. I whirled around, to see a body running, past, as though she'd been pushed really hard. She whirled around, her face in a flurry. She looked angry at first, until she saw us. Surprise filled her face, then fear. She fell to her face in a bow. That's when I noticed she wore armour."Empress, Countess, My Lady. And Princess Adrian. I am Freida of the Fire, ever at your service."
I gawked.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 01-28-2003, 08:59 PM   #989
Silverstripe

I smiled. "Hello, Frieda." A young hobbit lass came walking to meet us. I frowned for a moment, trying to remember her, and then ... "Lily Brandybuck!" I said, laughing and hugging the young hobbit. "Didn't expect to see you again.

"Hello, Calien," she replied, a smile on her face. "My mother sent me to you. She said it was because I was always writing poems and songs, and making up the most fantastic stories."

That made me laugh again. Yeah, that sounded like the Lily I remembered! "Lily's an old friend," I told a surprised Faith. "Primrose Brandybuck's younger daughter, in case you wanted to know."
Old 01-28-2003, 09:01 PM   #990
Silverstripe

ooc: LOL. We're running out of colors!

Calien is royal blue.

Kathie is deeppink.

Terwell is red.

Hunter's just written in black, and I will not actually be writing from Lily's POV, though she will be mentioned.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:56 PM   #991
Fred Baggins

"Actually Empress," Frieda said "I can't stay. I have been sent to relay a message to the Countess"*Then she bowed again, to Faith*

"Wha-me? I think your mistaken, I'm not a Count-"

"O NO Countess, I'm not mistaken!" Then her eyes took on a look of fear "I'm sorry Countess, I didn't mean to speack out of turn! Please accept my deepest apologies, before you whip me Countess?"

"What are you talking about!?"

"I can not speak of my mission in front of others Countess. Begging your pardon Empress."

"All right, then. Behind that building."

*The warg watched the spot where Faith dissapeared, waiting till she came back. When she did, he caught a worried look on her face, but before the others saw it was replaced with a broad smile.*

"All right then, shall we go?" I started remounting then stopped dead in my tracks, as I relized something a little late. "Wait...Primerose's DAUGHTER?"
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 01-28-2003 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:31 PM   #992
Silverstripe

Lily nodded. "Right. Camellia and me are Primrose Brandybuck's daughters." She sounded like someone tired of explaining something. "But Cam and I are very different."

Faith looked even more astonished. I laughed. "I know, I never mentioned them. But Primrose got married and had children of her own, just as my mother Alasse did. Primrose's husband was a friend of foxes, like her."

I could see her trying to work that one out -- I'd already told her that Primrose Brandybuck was only a few years older than I was. Lily was almost thirty-three, and looked it. I laughed again.

"Really, Faith Lowe, how old do you think I am?" As soon as I said that, I regreted it. Faith had forgotten what I was, that I was different, and I had to go and remind her? But then, she would have remembered anyway, in time. I sighed and mounted Anmara.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:41 PM   #993
Fred Baggins

I stood there, my brow furrued. I stink at math, but I tried to put it together. But then, I had never got times exactly right. Gar, I HATE math! And elves to. There immortality only makes it worse. Of course not the Emp-Ger, Frieda's nervous speech rubbed off on me, Calien, I didn't hate. Just immortality. I just frowned and shook my head, remounting my horse, muttering under my breath, so that no one heard me, "LAST time I thought I knew you, you where sixteen."

I found myelf wondering where Freddy was. Quickly I put the idea out of my head. Garn, he may be cute, but I KNOW what will end up happening, and I can't get in the way. I tried to think of something else. Westly. NOT AGAIN! Hmph. Primerose, Allase, and eventually Calein would have to too. Marry that is. That made me wonder if I would. And I remembered something I had said back in Mun-at home.

"I'm never getting married! I'm gonna live alone, in the woods, working on my books, till I become an old hermit!" I giggled. Maybe I WOULD do that!

I shook my head again, muttering to myself. "Two daughters! And Fran not even married yet! How long DOES she end up living. Two daughters..."
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 01-28-2003 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:56 PM   #994
Silverstripe

I heard Faith muttering, and laughed.

"I know. I found it hard to believe myself, when Primrose got married. And then when Camellia was born! Ever since I was little, I always said I wasn't going to marry. But being in charge of an Empire..." I stopped speaking for a moment, and blushed. "Being in charge of an empire does change things somewhat. There will be tremendous pressure on me to get married, not necessarily for love, but for an alliance."

The disgust I felt could be heard in my voice. "And, of course, so that I will have someone to help me rule, in a way no one else can. That, perhaps, is sensible, but still..." I trailed off. I didn't want to get married. I'd never been in love, or even "like!"
Old 01-29-2003, 12:36 AM   #995
Fred Baggins

We made our way through up to the palace. I'm sure we must have been a strange company, to be traveling with the Empress. A couple hobbits, a couple commoners, a Count-a hobbit-wizard, and and a panther, an evil looking warg, and a wolf. No soldiers to accompany the Countess. Just these strangers. To ignore the looks, I took out my notebook, rereading, and making corrections on my last story. It wasn't really a story, rather, something Danger was telling. In his natural form that is, though I hadn't decided to whom yet. Probably Fran. She wrote down historys like that, and could do things like that.

"I wasn't always like this. I really wasn't. WAS, I felt no hate, in all my being. Before I ever...changed. I have never liked changeing much, even if I AM one of them, I never liked changing much. Back then, I was just an elf. And elf as you have seen, that form which I can not force myself to take anymore. A seed of hate was planted, miss. That's all it took. I will not relay how it was planted. But it grew Miss, and now I am this. Miss, I wasn't alwyas like this. Not alwyas Miss. I served, and I loved. And now, I can no longer feel that. Not unless I manage to bring this part of my mind back, the part un harmed by the seed."

I agree. It was LAME. I needed more back ground in it. But as you can guess, He was never a character I relished working on. Never.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 01-29-2003, 07:29 PM   #996
Lubyla

I, too, was a bit shocked to hear of children. ARG! And I thought I may have escapped here. CURSES!!!!!!! They never liked me, never. Throwing pizza, shoving me into a pool. Stupid demon servants of Sauron. ERG!!! I had told myself I would never have children...never. I sighed and tryed to look happy, though my syes seem to have gone. They showed a new kingdome, and a great tower. I loved high open spaces. Music flowed through the air, and the scent of Mango-Mandarin flowed through the air. My eyes came back, and I saw the kingdom of the Write Wraiths. Splendid, but not the castle I longed for. I stayed silent for quite some time. I never did talk much. Tis' silly to waste unneeded words.

Old 01-29-2003, 09:19 PM   #997
Fred Baggins

"IGGIE-BAY!" A voice rang through the crowds behind us. I turned around, and grined, as I saw a little body running through the big bodies behind. I jumped down, and picked the little body up, hugging her close to me. "DAWN!" I cried. "Hey girly girl, where's your mum?"

"Trying to keep up with her," A voice panted from behind.

"Hey ya, Mrs. W! I'm SO glad you came! I don't know what I would do with out my little Dawn!"

"Hi Faith. Where are we, and how do i get home?"

"We are in the Kingdom of Writewraiths, Mrs. W, and you get home through a porthole, if you can find one. This is Empress Calien, Mrs. W. She used to be Silverstripe, the girl that started Writeraiths on Entmoot. Calien, this is Mrs. Wilson, she's a once in a while 'mooter, and writewraith. You've probably seen me reading on of her books, "Danger From Below," right?" By now I was back on Wind Rider, still holding Dawn, who was screaming "IGGIE-BAY!"

The woman laughed. "Kingdom of Writewraiths!? Faith, I always knew you had the potential of a writer, with a great imagination, but really, a kingdom? With an Empress? Not only do you have your facts wrong, but I thought you MUSt be to old for playing games. Mayber her still," She motioned to Adrian, and I held back a giggle, "But you?"

"Snake!" yelled Dawn. She knew two words. One was the pig latin form of biggie, (iggie-bay) which I regreated telling her, and the other was Snake, because of her favorite song, in a book I used to have. Mrs. W spoke up, "O, yes, that's right, i have your book with me. You might want it back." She lowered her voice so only I could hear her. "Honny, do you know...you've seemed to shrink?"

I laughed out loud. "Mrs. W, I'm a hobbit!"

"Honny, I think your taking this a bit to far. I love tolkiens works as much as you, but looking like a hobbit, then claiming to be one. Next you'll tell me we are in Middle-Earth!"

'Um...Mrs. W...we are."
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 01-29-2003 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:28 PM   #998
Lubyla

I cringed. A small evil thing. ECH! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I hope they dont have pizza in Middle Earth. I heard thier conversation a bit. I was a little amused by thier actions, but i still stayed silent. Pretending I wasn't there, maybe the small evil thing would go away, and stop screaming "Ieggi-bay"

Old 01-30-2003, 08:48 PM   #999
Fred Baggins

"Iggie-bay, iggie-bay, iggie-bay bay. Iggie-bay, iggie-bay, iggie-bay bay. Iggie-bay, iggie-bay, iggie-bay bay. Iggie-bay, iggie-bay, iggie-bay bay. Iggie-bay, iggie-bay, iggie-bay bay."

I giggled. "You have to admit, she's got good rythm!" She tried to crawl out of my room, toward Star, as she shouted, "SNAKE!" I giggled more. "She like's you Star. Belive me, if she didn't she would have said 'Itty-kay'!"
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 01-30-2003, 08:53 PM   #1000
Lubyla

I looked at her and managed an uh hu. She must have gotten her signals crossed. Little things hate me.Still i tried to smile, and rode on.

Closed Thread