Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-21-2003, 01:04 AM   #81
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Nodding, Akamai slipped off in the direction of the others silently, her voice ringing out slightly through the trees as she spoke with the others. In a few moments, the lot of them were following Crow in the darkness, murmurs of confusion and whispers of concern rippling among them. Akamai ignored them, keeping her place to the side of Crow, though a few steps behind. Laitryona walked beside her. "Where are we going?" The elven woman asked, her eyes scanning the area thoroughly.
"You'll soon find out. Go make sure none of the others stray from our path... they do not have eyesight as advanced as yours, Kaitryona."
The elf shrugged and dropped behind, ushering the others carefully along the right track.

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 01:10 AM   #82
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Soon we reached the great tree where my palace was built. A rather nice place if i do say so myself. Lights all around through the windows and off the spiralling terraces. Many towers are on it and it gleams in the dun light of my wood. It looked goregeous in the fadeing light. My great ancestors had built the place and made the crown i wore.

I hailed the guards and the dropped the gates. They bowed as we entered. I had my people show them to their rooms.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 01:14 AM   #83
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Staring in awe at her room, Akamai let a small smile slip onto her face again. A bed to sleep in for once. Slipping out of her room, and walking down the hall, she let her eyes drift to the massive granduer of it all. She ran her hand alond the wall as she walked, still starting at the decorations adorning the walls and doors.

OOC: what am I supposed to do? lol

Old 09-21-2003, 01:16 AM   #84
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Let it rest for the night. We have made a bunch of posts! Let the others post their own thing! Although you are to tell Crow what happend to your family...
Old 09-21-2003, 01:19 AM   #85
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: Rest sounds mighty fine. And I shall plot out what Akamai is to say to Lord Crow while i do rest, and wait for the others to post their pieces. Take care, LSP, and I shall talk to you tomorrow!

Old 09-21-2003, 01:34 AM   #86
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
*Clears throat* Okay, um may I join?????? Please!!?????

Name: Alliwin
Race: Men
Weapons: Blade named Terren, and my daggers.
Animals: A black stallion named Renyk, with a long silver mane. A black wolf that follows me everywhere.

Hope I can join.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 01:37 AM   #87
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: EEK! Please post that in the Disscussion Thread! thats why i made that! edit it after you put your character in the DT and that post could be where you are introduced.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:03 PM   #88
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:OK so I'm gonna assume that Gumbo and I were in that party that you lead into your castle.

IC:
This is a very starange palce. I wonder...would it be better to explore as a dog or a cat? I thought to myself in my total and complete bordom since our host had so gracsiously(sp?) put us in the rooms with nothing to do. A dog I think. Wait remeber everything Master Ilandre taught you...ok a husky...grey, now lets see if it works. "Arf!" Yeah! It worked! I stepped out of the room and began to wander in the halls. With my keen nose I had soon snifed out everyone that had been in our motly little crew except Lord Crow. Now where oh where has that little dog gone. And now that I've said that I should also smack myself because of the irony. "Halt now strange creature!" A deep vioce that sounded oddly familer said. "I know you are not what you appear to be," the figure said as I turned around, "the question is who are you?" And once I had finished turning there stood Lord Crow with a sword staring me between the eyes.

OOC:Everything in italics is what I thought to myself. Anyone seen Gumbo lately.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 01:17 PM   #89
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: Nope, Fem, I haven't seen Gumbo anywhere. I'm starting to miss him. Wonder when he'll be back. Anywho...

IC: Akamai stopped before turning the corner. She'd heard Crow's voice. Judging by his words, he'd run across the girl that had practically crashlanded into the ground as a bird. I wonder what she is this time... Peering around the corner, she caught a quick look down the hall. Lord Crow, sword and all was staring at... at a dog? Pulling her head back behind the wall she leaned against it. I'm not willing to talk to him just yet... I think I'll just go look around for a bit. Turning around, she headed the way she had come, her footfalls going unheard to the others' ears. Now... what to do?

Old 09-21-2003, 03:34 PM   #90
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Slowly Sheana floated through the air. Her wings carried her along faster then feet could have done. She wasn't really going anywhere in particular, she was just flying around to see if she could find anyone. Maybe a place for the coming night would be nice, but that was probably too much to ask.
She wasn't far from the ground, but to take a better look at the surroundings she beat the air a few times with her wings, so she could rise above the trees and further. With a surprised smile she saw that she was indeed nearing some kind of habited place. It was a strange place though, but she was now at the point where anything would do.
She made speed towards the strange castle. The easiest way to get in would be through one of the open windows, she soon saw. That would be very risky, but she decided to take that risk. Anyway, maybe someone there knew how to find a member of her own race. But that chance was rather small, she knew perfectly well.
She slowed down when she was almost there, her heart beating. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, she had no idea what kind of welcome she'd get. Maybe none at all, except for a sword through her heart. She supposed that then her quest would be over, so she took the chance and flew in. Looking around she saw a strange scene. A man with a sword was standing with a sword in his hand, looking at a dog. A huskey, by the looks of it. She softly landed on her feet and coughed.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:03 PM   #91
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:Alright this dog cosutme was getting just a little cramped.

IC:
Lord Crow turned to see who had coughed and when he did the dog was gone. I ran down two flights of stairs and ran smack into Ilandre. "Why hello there doggy, what might your name be?" He asked me. "My name might be Fery." I snapped as slowly turned back into a human. "I think I may have made our host mad. What's he got against dogs anyway?"
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 04:23 PM   #92
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Akamai loped lightly down the stairs, still searching for something to do, when she walked past another hallway, and heard her name called out. "Akamai! Hold up!"
Rather than stopping, her pace gained speed until she was running down the hall, her barefeet slipping as she tore around a corner. The thunderous sound of booted feet echoed behind her, but quickly faded away. They'd given up.
"You run as fast as an elf, you know that, don't you?" Niko stood in front of her, with his arms crossed. He stared down at her with his light brown caramel eyes. There was a slight smile on his face.
"What do you want from me?"
"Nothing. Except to know why you hate being around people so much."
"Because people hate me..." The anger in her voice faded and her voice fell in volume.
"I don't hate you. Does that count?"
"You don't even know me. If you did, you would."
"Try me."
"If I told you I had killed a man, would you still be willing to walk ahead of me, or sleep under the same roof?
She stared levelly at him, hard for her seeing as she only came up to his chin. Niko kept silent for a long while, staring down at her thoughtfully.

Old 09-21-2003, 04:54 PM   #93
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: I'm baaaaaaaack!! Goodness I'm not on for like half a day and this thing just takes off without me! Oh well...

ic: "I don't know, dogs are really very nice creatures," Ilandre replied. "But now then, where is our most gracious host? I'd like to speak to him."

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 08:20 PM   #94
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Leindo looked around at her black room. <Not exactly fitting for me.. I'll go talk with lord Crow.> She walked out her door, shutting it tightly and went to find their host.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 08:23 PM   #95
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ooc: Wow alot has happened......okay. Ignore my other post and I'll meet up with y'all some other way.

ic: Alaith walked slowly, leading the horse which carried her friend, Lalade. I need to find some place to rest. Soon.... Her blood matted hair fell into her face. She hadn't the strength to move it out of the way. She and her friend had been attacked a little while before and they barely escaped with thier lives. Alaith fell to the ground, her legs to weak to hold her up. With all the strength she had, she managed to gently pull off Lalade. He wasn't breathing very well as she lay him down on the ground. "Lalade? Can you hear me?" she whispered in his ear. He gave a slight groan as he said, "Alaith, you must press on. They....could be....anywhere." She nodded, knowing that she should leave, but her heart told her no. "I will not leave you here." Surprisingly, Lalade gave a slight laugh, "I cannot help you in any other way. If you will not leave, then at least do not stay awake on my account. Sleep." Alaith nodded and soon fell into a troubled sleep.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:10 PM   #96
Artarias
Sapling

"So you've killed a man, hm?" Niko asked her. She nodded. He jumped back and raised his hands spread open in front of his face with a mocking "Ahhhh" noise; then broke in to laughter. "I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. No, that wouldn't bother me much as long as you don't turn on me Akamai. I've killed people before myself."
Artarias: bah, saplings are so much cooler then hobbits :P they're all... wood and junk and they're, just cool... ok, you win
Artarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:23 PM   #97
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

She shot Niko a cold glare before speaking, "I can't guarantee I won't turn on you, Niko. I do what I can when I must, and that's all I can promise you. Now, do you know of anyway I can get outside into the courtyards?" Niko arched one of his brows. "You plan on leaving a perfectly warm and comfortable bed, and a few good meals?"
"No... I just want to go outside for a bit, do you mind?" She snapped.
"Of course I don't mind, but after all you've put us through to save your hide for you, I ought to make sure you aren't thinking of disappearing in the night."
"If you're so worried about it, why don't you just watch me every second like everyone else? It won't bother me much."
"Why don't I just come with you and keep you company? That way you can't leave without someone knowing, and that way you aren't alone out there, so you don't get lost."
"I can take perfect care of myself, thank you."
"It sure doesn't really seem that way to me. Now stop snapping at me like you want to rip my throat out."
"What's that supposed to mean?!"
"Nothing, my little rabid wolf." Nikoe said, chuckling as her eyes grew even colder.
"I'm going outside." Akamai muttered, turning around and strode rapidly down the hall, her anger giving speed to her steps. Still laughing Niko followed after her.

Old 09-21-2003, 09:50 PM   #98
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ooc: Argh! You people have got to stop this! I read the entirety of posts after my last one, and it took too long. I am lazy. Gurrr.

Ooh, Akamai, your character sounds like Kalile in the Valley of Mist. It's finished now, but she was a wanted criminal for killing another elf. Yay, someone else thought of it too!

Ic: Kaitryona donned the new white robes kindly left out for her, tying back her hair with a golden band.
Why was I sent back? I'm a danger to myself and others. I should die. Once again, she considered suicide, then discarded it; taking a life, even one's own, is a terrible thing to elves, and she wanted no more blood on her hands.
Belting the robe, she left the room provided for her to wander the halls of her kindred. Turning a corner, she caught Akamai's voice. It sounded angry and upset, so Kaitryona followed the pair.
"Hello, Akamai. Hello, Niko," she said in a falsely merry voice. Her greetings were returned, along with odd looks, and the three proceeded out.
Before Niko got out the door, however, Kaitryona took his arm and pushed him into the wall.
"I don't know what you've done to cause Akamai pain, but you should know that if you ever bring it up again, the berserker inside of me is always ready to kill. It's fighting to make me kill you now. You know what happens when I lose control; don't put yourself, me and her in that kind of danger. Do not make her angry again, because you will die, wether I will it or no."
Turning, she released him and followed her friend out.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

Last edited by Kalile : 09-21-2003 at 09:51 PM.
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 10:07 PM   #99
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Akamai shot a small smile at her friend once they were outside. "It's good to see you out again. How are you feeling?" Any other show of concern or emotion were non-existant. Even smiling was a rarity for Akamai as of late. She used to be a joyful happy individual, but the time spent running from the militia had taken its toll on her. Unable to trust anyone for so long left her in the depths of her own mind. Sometimes she wondered if she could even trust Kaitryona. Don't be daft! Of course I can trust her... She knows how I feel more than most, and she's always been there for me. She's the only one that's been there for me... She found herself staring at the sky hopelessly, and quickly tore her eyes away.

Old 09-22-2003, 12:04 AM   #100
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Ilandre looked around for Niko, but couldn't find him anywhere. "Oh well, he'll find us," He said to Fery. "Now then, you asked me a question about slugs back in the forest didn't you? What was it you wanted to know?"

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote