Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-05-2003, 01:15 PM   #81
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

All the B5 movies are good. Whatcha think of my new sig? The next time I change it, I'm gonna put in some good B5 quotes. Definitely thinking of the ice-water one! So, whaddaya been up to lately?
Old 06-06-2003, 06:20 PM   #82
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I have yet to see all the B5 movies. The ones I have seen (In the Beginning, The Legend of the Rangers, and Thirdspace) were awesome!

Great idea on the sig. What is the icewater quote? Don't worry about spoilers. Do you like my JMS quote in my sig? It's from this website .

Do you like Lyta Alexander? I like her, but my fellow B5 obsessed pal thinks she's freaky. I just think she's misunderstood, but my friend says that's because she's weird and the debate rages on.

It looks like it's just you and me Estel13! I'm fine with that. Even though I'd welcome having more people in this thread, it is kind of cool that this is like our own private B5 chatroom!

Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 05:57 PM   #83
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Quote:
If I live through this, he is going to find his shower preferences reprogrammed for ice-water!
That's the quote. (Approximately.) Yeah, I like the quote from JMS. Lyta Alexander ROX! The best is her role in Episode 88, Endgame. Just saw the alien probe one this morning. Uh-oh, G2G,TTYL8TR!
Old 06-10-2003, 05:10 PM   #84
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

What's the alien probe one, dare I ask...

I just watched 410, Racing Mars. I love how Marcus drives Stephen nuts! Actually, I don't normally like Dr. Franklin that much, but he's really cool on this trip to Mars. Of course, he just had to hook up with the hot Resistence leader. Hmph. (And he has the honeymoon suite with Marcus! Haha!)
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 06-11-2003, 07:38 PM   #85
Orion
Enting

I love Racing Mars, it´s such a good episode! Especially all the comedy it has.. Marcus singing in the end is the funniest thing I ever saw in B5. along with the expression on Stephen´s face to it..

But don´t you just love the way how Marcus speaks
about love or whatever in the end of that episode - the way how he says it has made it to the top ten of my favorite quotes.. (Now where´s the smiley with lots of hearts.. )
<- actually I think it´s the next episode so I´m using the spoiler tags.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:12 PM   #86
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

"I am a modern major general....." Love that. The alien probe , where it'll blow up
if they don't give the right answers to the questions.
It's a good episode. Heck, they are all good!
Old 06-17-2003, 07:00 PM   #87
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Oh yeah, I remember the alien probe one now. Makes you wonder why Clark's forces didn't just send in an unmanned nuclear warhead. Maybe they'd be able to detect something familiar, or maybe they upgraded their security after that incident.

Racing Mars is an awesome ep. I agree Marcus' singing was the funniest ever! I laughed so hard I had tears. Another funny bit was when he was extending and contracting his fighting pike, and Stephen is like "Would you stop?" and Marcus keeps doing it because it helps him relax. Then Stephen says "And that's when I shot him your honour."

He did the same thing when he was 'guarding' Stephen and Number One's quarters. Did anyone else find that scene a little perverse? Not that there's anything wrong with being a 28-year old virgin (unicorn!) I guess he really misses Ivanova. Don't get me wrong, I love Marcus. He is da man. (After Garibaldi of course.)

Anyway, since I last posted, I went on a huge B5 binge and watched all the way up to 4x20, Endgame. I will watch the next ep hopefully later today.

About Endgame...
wah! Marcus is gonna die I think it stinks that they weren't about to use the alien healing device on Ivanova. She's in pretty much the same situation as when they used it on Garibaldi. I guess it's kind of like Epsilon 3's defences. They don't want to bring in the big guns too often, if at all. Because once you do, you don't go back to how you were before. However, Ivanova certainly warrants another exception. Besides, if they weren't so afraid of it, they could revolutionalize health care. Giving life energy could be like giving blood.
Quote:
Old 06-18-2003, 07:36 PM   #88
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Yeah, EndGame is my all-time favorite Episode. Too bad we are never on at the same time.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:45 AM   #89
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Rising Star and Deconstruction of falling stars... wow.

Rising star: I love G'Kar and Londo's new friendship! It's so awesome, I love it. Did you find it a bit perverse that G'Kar watched Sheridan and Delenn in their quarters, um, on their wedding night..... I knew he had a thing for humans, but... wow.

Deconstruction: I liked this ep, it was creative and interesting (with a parting shot for JMS' detractors at the end.) I wish it hadn't been quite so disjointed though. I'd really get into one plot, and yoink, the computer thingy sends you off in another direction. Anyhoodles.
Aged 140 year old Delenn was so cool! What was the incident with their son? Argh, unresolved plot point. (One I don't think is ever resolved.) Yea, they have a son. (Who would be at least 60 by this part of the ep, if he's still alive.)
Quote:
Old 06-19-2003, 10:28 AM   #90
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Londo asks G'Kar to stop eating the rice (thrown at Sheridan and Delenns wedding), "if it were good to eat why would they throw it at people?
Old 06-25-2003, 04:40 PM   #91
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

B5 withdrawl! I'm at summer school for a month, and I did not bring my computer! This means no B5, since all my eps were on computer-file type CDs or actually on my computer. I left it on though, so my season 5 downloads continue! My brother is the trusted steward of the download. I still need to find The Corps is Mother The Corps is Father, ep #13, production # 514.

The production and ep numbers are confused for season 5 because JMS wasn't sure if he was going to be able to continue the show, so 4x22 had the production number 501. He slipped in a parting shot at his detractors at the end of that ep, and I think the title of the first season 5 ep, No Comprimises, was also a shot.

B5 forever!

I dreampt about it last night too, talk about obsessed! Sheridan, Ivanova, Lyta, and Garibaldi were all in my dream. At the end, I actually got to meet Jerry Doyle and his dad. Great dream... then my alarm woke me up!

Cheers! |N|

I'm looking forward to happy B5 discussion, to fill the void until July 21!
Quote:
Old 07-01-2003, 09:14 PM   #92
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Summer School?! I'm sorry.
I just saw Grey 17 Is Missing. Good one, that.
Yeah, No Compromises is definitely a (parting) shot. The Corps Is Mother/Father is annoying, to say the least. Bester, need I say more?
Have fun at Summer School!
Old 07-02-2003, 07:46 PM   #93
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Grey 17 is a good ep. Anything that features Garibaldi is automatically cool.

I felt they could have done the scene where Garibaldi killed the Zarg differently. I just didn't think the steam pipe gun thingy was believable. An unusual slip up for B5.

Garibaldi put in all the bullets at once, so locically, the one furthest in the pipe would have ignited first, and all the bullets would have been ignited close to each other. They wouldn't have ignited spaced apart like they did.

Instead, they should just have had Garibaldi have his Grandmother's gun inside his jacket, and the bullets in his pocket. Jerimiah and co. could have assumed that he was only armed with a PPG. That's not the smartest, but they're not the sharpest spoons in the drawer either, shall we say. However, this is only a minor beef.

The scene with Sheridan in the baseball pitch led me to wonder, does he only take time off when someone forces him? He must be slightly mad, which is probably his success as a Captain.

Cheers! |N|
Quote:
Old 07-02-2003, 09:28 PM   #94
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Yeah, my dad told me that the steam gun thing wouldn't really work. Oh well. Garibaldi is da man.
I saw 'And The Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place' today. Love that one...
Old 07-03-2003, 08:17 AM   #95
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Maybe a HEW MON would only get seriously burned by steam but I'd not say it wouldn't stop them. You get that burned you go into shock and die.

Then too this was an alien and who's to say how steam affects them; your dad? Maybe you should look into his origins.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:08 PM   #96
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Garibaldi wasn't in the steam cloud when he broke the pipe... I don't think so anyway. He's no ordinary HEW MON.

There's many reasons besides heat that the Zarg might have been repelled by the steam. I didn't have a problem with that part, just the gun thingy.

That reminds me of a season 2 ep, A Distant Star. The Cortez was brushed by a shadow vessel in hyperspace, causing mayhem and destruction, and going off course. JMS wanted the destruction to be subtle, because the Shadow vessel didn't actually attack them, or anything dramatic like that. But the special effects guys made this huge shower of sparks on the bridge anyway.

Now whenever there's a disaster and a ship, I'm always like, "Sparks on the bridge! Sparks on the bridge!"

Cheers, |N|
Quote:
Old 07-03-2003, 05:34 PM   #97
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

The gun idea would work perfectly. ..... See any episode of McGyver or the second James Bond Movie for input.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:44 PM   #98
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I definately do not draw on James Bond for things that are believable. (Though it's still entertaining.) McGyver, I have never seen.

In terms of science fiction, new and/or completely fantastical ideas can be introduced without any problem as long as it's done in a way that people can understand and accept. Exactly what that boundary is separates one viewer from another and adds to science fiction's appeal.

Some people try to explain Star Wars light sabres from a purely scientific point of view, but that's not necessary. There's nothing that rubs me the wrong way about a light sabre.

The steam gun thingy did rub me the wrong way. I still fail to see why the bullet closest to the end of the pipe would ignite first.

That doesn't really matter though. Some times you just have to go with it, like when Captain Sheridan let Elric and all the technomages leave to beyond the Rim.
Quote:
Old 07-04-2003, 09:21 AM   #99
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

....SIGH..... The point I was trying so desperately to make was the principle behind the "gun" working is sound and has been demonstrated both in laboratory and screen work.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:40 PM   #100
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Well my point is I doubt is has been proven in a scientific labratory. I'm sure it can work for one bullet, but not several loaded at the same time. It's not so important about the screen work -- James Bond?

But whatever, it doesn't detract from the overall awesomeness of B5.

Are you a fan of Dr. Who? I noticed the TARDIS.

Estel13, I tried to reply to your pm, but your inbox was full. You must be popular!

Cheers all, |N|
Quote: