Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-28-2002, 02:37 PM   #81
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

ooc: err...I'm not with Bushbark. I left.

ic:

The man was not Hruad as I thought it was. It was another. I turned to see Bushbark walking forward.
''In would not have crushed them. I was sleeping here and when I woke up I found a Horse attached to my Nose. I did not mean to harm them.''
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 03:12 PM   #82
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Is Asaar coming with us? I am asking the player of Asaar. Are you planningon joining the journey because my hobbit needs to be informed if you are?

ic:That night I took to asking my mom about my opertunity for an adventure with this ramger in training. My mom watched as i sat down next to her and held her hand in mine.
"Is asaar acting up?" She asked immidiatly from the look on my face.
"Oh no he is doing a fine job mom." I said quickly.
"Their is something i need to ask you and I beleive I am old enoughnto chose my path now for my future."
"Why doyou say this." My mom questioned.
"There is a ranger hobbit from the Baggins family who is going to Gondor for training. She wishes me to join her as a compnion and fellow trainer. i think. I want so badly to go on an adventure."
"How about the hotel and bar? What about your father? You don't have any means of weapons nor a pony for that matter."
"I have a knife that father brought back from Imladris years ago. And Poko that horse of the Sackvilles is for sale. i have enough money now to buy him."
"I don't know. It seems rather dangerous for a young hobbit girl."
I had a quike feel of anger. "I want to go on an adventure for once and not stay in this place anymore. I want to go somewhere where I can learn of different cultures as dad use to tell us of."
"What about the hotel?"
"Other chidren hobbits need jobs and you have Asaar. I am going to bring the dog too. he needs some exercise he is becoming lazy."
At that I turned around and shund out my mom and oacket away my cloths and traveling iteams and food. I grabbed the grayhounds leash and roped him up I grabbed my money bag of what I had left and met the ranger hobbit at the door.
"Can I join you. But first we need to make a stop." I showed her the money bag and pointed at the sighn with the notice of a black pony for sale.
"And can the dog came too?"
Old 12-28-2002, 03:24 PM   #83
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

"Yes you and the dog can come. Go on and get you're pony. I will wait here for you," I said when Gil asked me about comming with me. I sat on the ground and Gil walked off. When she got back she heard me singing and elvish song and so as not to disturb me sat quietly in the snow beside me. When I was finished she complimented me and we went on our way.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 04:02 PM   #84
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Elise eyed Hurad and pondered for a moment, she hadn’t told any mortal of her powers for a long time. But this man would surely know a lie if he heard one… What to say?

“I have a horse with me. She is loyal to me and knew I was in danger...” There, unless this man thought as an elf instead of a human he would surely assume that the horse…

“But how did you kill the orc?” Hurad asked, arching an eyebrow and leaning forward.

Elise sighed. Well… Perhaps he would be more willing to help if he knew.

“I have some small… Powers.” There, she had said it.

Hurad nodded. “And do you know anything of the Red Flame?” he pressed.

“Only the rumors and old stories told around fires. I my self assumed that they had been broken up hundreds of years ago and would cause little to no more bother.”

Hurad said nothing, simply giving her a piercing look.

With a sigh of defeat, Elise settled back in the sofa.

“I will tell you all that I know of the Red Flame and it’s breaking.” Elise said. She had played a very small part in it herself, small enough that she could easily leave it out.

“And that is all I know. Except that they must be rising again.” Elise finished, almost an hour later, as the tale wound to an end.

Hurad leaned back in his chair and flexed his head from side to side. At some point in the story he had leaned forward and now he had a neck ach.

“Well… That was all and more I could ever have wanted to know. So you say that they are made up of Isitary? They must be a force to recon with indeed… And they seek the Hytorax?”

“Yes, they are Isitary, a sort of angel in human form. They are indeed powerful. And as for seeking the Hytorax… Well, not only do I have the note, but also it is the sort of thing the Red Flame would do. They want only destruction, and what better to use than the Hytorax?” Elise leaned forward intently. This was it, either he would help her, or she would have to see to it he never remembered her passing. A shame for such a man as he was, but if he wouldn’t help her, he had no business knowing about her or the flame.

“Will you aid me?” Elise asked, locking her eyes with his and setting her full gaze to bear. “You must have some idea of what they could do with the Hytorax, they must be stopped. And stopped quickly.”
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 04:25 PM   #85
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Imarwyn quickly placed the knives in her belt. She looked at the black horse again, it would make a fine war horse. Her lips curled up in a small smile, this might turn out to be not such a bad night afterall.

"Train... Ruafus so that he'll accept a rider and is fit to bear him into battle?" she asked. The man nodded. "Aye, then." replied Imarwyn. "I will train him. But I cannot work miracles. It'll doubtlessly take more than one night." she warned him.
Old 12-28-2002, 04:42 PM   #86
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Yes, Asaar will be coming along. Must have some one to provoke Elise .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asaar stepped out from behind a tree and stopped Gil, his eyes merrily twinkling and a steaming pie in his hands. Instinctively Gil ducked, but this time she was not his target.

“A customer ordered a pie but then left without it Gil! C’mon, lets go find the Sackvills! I need to get even with them for that insult they called out after me last time.” Asaar laughed, helping Gil to her feet and brushing a leaf off her shoulder.

“Not now Asaar.” Gil said sadly. “I’m leaving, sorry. I hope you have fun and… And everything. Good bye.”

Gil pushed around Asaar and made her way towards the horse again.

Dropping the pie, Asaar whirled and watched her for a second. Leaving? Good BYE?!

Without thinking, Asaar yelled after her, “I’m coming to!!”

With a sigh, Gil turned and walked back to him. “Asaar,” she began, talking slowly as she would to a very silly little child.

“You know my mother and father will need some one to watch over the inn. If I’m leaving then you will be their only help. Besides, I’m going to become a ranger. You don’t want to be a ranger, do you?”

Asaar smiled down at her as he always did when she talked that way. It seemed to make her mad so he naturally did it when he was annoyed.

“Don’t need ranger training.” Asaar grinned, flipping one of his little knives out and twirling it at a blurring speed before twisting at the waist and throwing it, pinning a rather startled horse’s reign to a hitching post. Showing off was always fun when he was Annoyed too.

Gil sighed, he had already shown her his skill with his daggers and she had watched him practice. Helping him bandage his fingers whenever he tried something new and it didn’t quite work.

“Fine.” Asaar said sulkily when she just stared at him. “Which way are you going?”

“I really couldn’t say.” Gil said peevishly. Why must he make this so hard?

“Really?” Asaar said in mock surprise, as if she has actually stated a direction. “Why, I’m going that way too. Farewell for now.” And he spun on his heel and stalked back to the inn, snagging his knife on the way and just dodging the annoyed horse’s snap.

A day had passed and Asaar could still easily follow the trail of the two girls. Gil must have assumed that he had been joking about following. Hah! Joke about following his best friend who was leaving.

It had been hard to convince her parents to let him go, but not too hard because they almost seemed relieved that some one with his knife skills would go with her. He had showed off for them too.

Behind him stamped a large workhorse, it’s back was higher than Asaar’s head and wider across than Asaar could comfortably sit so Asaar mostly just walked.

The two long knives, elvish make although he didn’t know it, hung at Asaar’s hips and they felt like they shouldn’t be there due to Asaar’s hardly wearing them. He only practiced with them and then put them away again.

If the two ‘women’ found him, so what? He was a free man… Well… Yes, man. Old enough to take care of himself so he was clearly a man, wasn’t he? But man or boy, he could go where he liked and it would take more than two little hobbits to stop him!
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 04:44 PM   #87
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

The man's lips momentarily curved upward in a small smile. "I expected as much," he told her. "You can work on it during the evenings. We have a few days yet before we reach Néred."

"The capitol of Enedwaith?" Imarwyn asked curiously.

"Correct.

"Well, if you are to be in my employ, we had best be introduced then."

"My name is Imarwyn," she told him.

"And mine is Athalt Cranain," he said. "You worked hard last night, without pay. We're about to break camp, so unfortunately I cannot offer you rest. I would offer you breakfast, but you probably will want to go and get your own horse now."

He pointed out to her a nearby campfire. "You can eat there, once you've gotten your horse. Will you be ready in an hour?"

"Yes."

"Good. I'll be seeing you more later, then." He inclined his head to her, and strode away toward the front.

"So you say the Hytorax is used for destruction?" Hruad asked inquisitively.

"Yes, or at least that is one of its primary purposes. Remember, I told you that it was the Hytorax that brought about the death of everyone in the territory that is now the Barrow Downs."

"I was told that spirits haunt that territory. Did the Hytorax create these spirits of death?"

Elise frowned for a moment. "I don't know precisely."

"Then it might simply be an item that has a strong link to the spirit realm," Hruad continued his train of thought. "If that is the case, then it could be that they are attempting to gain it for other purposes than war."

"What are you getting at?"

"I'll tell you what I know of the Red Flame," Hruad told her. "Emissaries from it came to King Vahatres a month ago, and he has been entertaining them since then at court. He knows things of the Red Flame that I don't know, and perhaps he knew of their military strength. It is possible that he is planning to form an alliance with them.

"The king has been acting . . . strangely . . . for the last half year. He has been having dealings with orcs of various groups, and strange folk have been coming into the court at his leave and keeping company with him. He has been working at dissolving the traditional rights of the people and taking control of our lands with military strength. New and harsher laws have been being introduced . . ." Hruad's face broke for a moment and Elise saw pain beneath the politician's facade.

"I don't know how much of this is the Red Flame's fault," Hruad said quietly. "But our country is falling steadily into a mire, and this Hytorax seems to me to be irrelevant next to the oppression that I fear is only beginning. I don't know what we can do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 12-28-2002 at 05:03 PM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 04:48 PM   #88
Adrian Baggins

I pulled Gil off of the road and into some woods."We will set up camp in these woods Gil. I think someone is following us," I told her when she looked at me wondering what in the world I was doing.

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Old 12-28-2002, 06:31 PM   #89
Earniel

Imarwyn momentarily left the soldier's camp to collect her horse and her belongings. Merrah was where she had left her the night before. "Good morning, Merrah. Slept well tonight?" Imarwyn greeted her horse which neighed in return. "Well, I'm glad someone did. And I see you've finished off my last-night dinner too." she remarked seeing the plate she had left the night before, now empty.

Imarwyn patted Merrah's flanks. "I've got good news, girl. I've found work and a pretty horse it is too. I bet you'll like him." She quickly gathered her things and bound them in a pack which she placed on Merrah's back. Afterwards she led the meara to the soldier's camp so she could catch a quick breakfast before the company broke up.
Old 12-28-2002, 11:09 PM   #90
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

The day wore on, and the sun beat down upon the troop of soldiers. They paused for a short bite of food, and then half an hour later were off again. The horses were strong, and the carts of provisions and equipment at the back of the train didn't slow them down much. Imarwyn's own horse Merrah wasn't tired by the trip.

As evening darkened the sky, the soldiers stopped again and pitched the tents. Brush was sought for and campfires prepared. Cooks brought out the food and set to work as the soldiers sat down, chatting amongst themselves.

Imarwyn knew that as she was probably the only woman in the camp, she would probably attract unwanted attention by going out among them. And she was tired.

She stroked Merrah's mane gently as she sat back in the shadows, leaning against the wheel of a cart as she ate from her plate of food.

Suddenly she noticed that Athalt was standing next to her.

"I have ordered a new tent erected for you," he told her. "I'm counting last night's effort with Ruafus on your part to count as two, so you have tonight off."

The days passed slowly, and Néred drew closer. The population had heard much of the approaching soldiers, who were now counted among the heroes of the country.

"You'll probably be a hero too," Athalt told Imarwyn one evening, when he had come to check her progress with Ruafus. "Our whole troop will be, I am told. People will wonder, does she have any skill with those long knives? What part did she play in the battles at Dunland?"

"Not a very large one, I'm afraid. But I wouldn't carry these weapons if I had no skill with them."

"I'm glad to hear that," he said. "You are among soldiers, and it is good to hear that you can defend yourself."

"From them, or from enemies you are out to combat?"

"Both, if necessary. But there shouldn't be any battle for some time, anyway. Peace has been forcibly established along the Dunland border, and I know of no other threat to our kingdom."

The week was over, and as Néred drew closer yet, the soldiers began to get excited. More and more talk spread among them as to the reception, and what they would do. Most of the soldiers seemed to be planning to hit the taverns upon reaching the place, though some of them had wives and families in Néred.

Several of the soldiers asked Imarwyn frankly why she was here, and she answered them truthfully. Some of them appeared doubtful, and though at first perplexed by this, Imarwyn soon guessed that it was because of the strange way their captain was paying so much attention to her. Could it possibly be simple interest in Ruafus, the wild horse?

But then the city was only two days away, and this topic for idle curiosity was dropped.

*That probably bring us (on that plot thread) basically up to date. Hruad and Elise are probably having their conversation now, and for them it is probably two days till they meet the incoming soldiers as well.*
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 11:58 AM   #91
zavron

ooc: errr...Earniel. Me and Bushbark are with you now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-29-2002, 08:42 PM   #92
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: As I returned with the half starved pony I was met by Asaar. He questioned my departure which made me remember how depressing it would be to leave him. For he was my best friend. He wanted to give the Sackville's a thankyou for the trouble they gave us earlier with a pie. I giggled in my head at the thought and wished I could join but instead sent him home. He warned me that he would take up our trail but I beleive in good sense that he, thouhg able, would stay and help my parents with the inn.
I led my horse to adrian who waited patiently for my arrival and we took off into the forest trail. We traveld for two days and a night. I was not use to sleeping out doors and felt alitle scared the first night. I shivered at the sound of the distant dog howls and frog chirping. Adrian sensed the presence of someone who she suspected was following our trail.
My thoughts burst to the conclusion of it being Assar and this thought made me smille more broadly then I ment to. Adrian asked me if I knew who it was.
I beleive I have clue.
We continued on the trail for another day and soon stopped for the night. We ate our small meal over an open fire and went to sleep. Swift had taken a liking to Tiny(the dogs name) And Poko seemed to enjoy our compony and his new owner.
I awoke in the middle of the night and sat up. I suspected I was just awakend by a sound or my own fears. But then two eyes gleemed at me and then it spoke.
"Showed those Sackvilles with that pie I did."
I laughed out from both the fear and happiness to see Assar in front of me.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:15 PM   #93
Adrian Baggins

A few days after I told Gil of my suspicions about someone following us a noise in the night awoke me. Normal night noises didn'tbother me infact I welcomed them, but this was the noise that made me confirm my suspicions of a tracker. The tracker was in our camp. I sprang out of my small pallet and built the fire up. Drawing my sword and moving towards the intruder I snarled slightly and Swift went behind the intruder nudging him closer to the fire. Seeing his face I sheathed my sword and sighed. "Is this the boy who said he would follow us Gil?" I asked sitting back down on my pallet and calling Swift over. "Yes this is Assar. Assar this is Adrian. She is going to become a Ranger and I might just join her in her training," Gil said. "Might" she said because she wasn't totally sure yet.

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

Old 12-29-2002, 09:51 PM   #94
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

ooc: ok, I am now officially in. (I think.)

ic:

I rode out of Lothlorien, and came upon Aralle. I said to her: "Mae govannen, Aralle. How have you been?"
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 02:02 AM   #95
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Aasinav walked through Néred as though he was in his home. It was an unfamiliar place, but he had learned what he could of it - and, like all things, once he had learned of it, it became familiar. Though he had only just arrived, he knew every path, every street, every corridor as well as he knew his own name. He looked about, and though no emotion registered on his face, there seemed to be an air of... concern, about him. As though he knew of strange things taking place, and wished to ensure they did not turn out badly.

He turned a corner, and stopped. Taking in the two before him, he nodded slowly as they turned as one to stare at him.

"This is a private discussion," said Hruad, though not unkindly.

Aasinav smiled, though the expression had no true joy to it, merely politeness. "You are Hruad, are you not? A concerned citizen of this realm, from what I had been told. I thought you should be made aware... of the dark spell your kingdom has fallen under."
Old 12-30-2002, 05:41 AM   #96
zavron

ooc: Argghhh!!!! EntMoot Mess Up!! Argghhh!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-30-2002, 05:42 AM   #97
zavron

ooc: Run for your lives people!! The EntMoot's No longer fully operational!!! Argghh!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-30-2002, 06:43 AM   #98
Earniel

OOC:Now, now zavron, there's no need for that here. I'm sure the admins get things straithened out in no time.

IC:

Imarwyn was very pleased with how Ruafus was progressing. He had already allowed her on his back and was used to the vicinity of other people as well. Imarwyn estimated that by the time they reached Néred, he would allow others to ride him without a problem. Which was just as well because with the training of Ruafus finished, she would have to look for new work and a commendation from commander Athalt Cranain would doubtlessly open many doors in Néred.

As she placed a saddle on the black horse's back, Imarwyn thought back about the week she had spend with the soldiers. So far they had behaved themselves rather well and Imarwyn was impressed with the way Athalt held his soldiers on the right track. She smiled to herself. But if any of them still found time to mishave himself in the two days that seperated them from Néred.... Well, there was little a strategically placed knife couldn't solve.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:37 AM   #99
zavron

ooc: I do Hope so!*looks around woriedly and starts biting of Nails*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-30-2002, 11:51 AM   #100
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: What do you mean the moots screwed?

ic: Adrian as a true Ranger at once took her w=sword out and confronted the new comer but at once at my voice approval she witheld her attack and accepted Assar. I hugged my friend affectionatly then sluged him in the arm playfully. He slugged me back in the shoulder then we fell to the ground laughing hystaricaly despite the darkness and emptyness of the forest.
Adrian explained to Asaaar more ot he journey and he too begane to get more and more interested in the quest. I need a weapopn I said fingering my knife that had never been used since its first wrought. it was a pretty knife with a message in Feanorian written on it saying "silver cut fo the east". I have never used a weapon before save a small bow.
Asaar smilled and decided to show me how to use the small knife and give himself time to show of more of his tricks.